Do you hate or like Waller? *Spoilers Allowed*

I am indifferent to Waller, but what I really hate are her grey ideals necessary for "justice". I was seriously pissed when I realized that it was her who helped Riddler orchestrate the events in the Enemy Within. It just wasn't necessary enough for me to even go for her, at all. She just keeps acting like she has all the power and education to whatever she wants, yet her crimes are the ones she keeps to avoid her career being tarnished.

In my personal play through, I made sure not to make as much enemies as I can. I didn't get Tiffany arrested and took her as a protege, I convinced Gordon to get his old job back, released Catwoman, told Avesta to work at Wayne Enterprises, and I gave up Batman for Alfred. This was in my vigilante play through.

Comments

• I don't hate her, but I don't have any love for her either. Made sure Avesta was safe from her wrath and then told her to get the hell out of my city.

I stayed as Batman. I might have lost Alfred but I still have a pretty decent support system around me. Gordon as a partner, Avesta as a trusted employee, Tiffany as a student and John as a friend. Catwoman probably isn't too happy with me since I left her in Waller's hands.

• (Just FYI, we try to reserve the "Talk with Telltale" thread tag for threads created by Telltale Staff members :) )

• For me, I hate her because of methods and beliefs about justice. But the biggest was her part in turning John into the Joker. In the end after her getting kidnapped, I decided to leave on good terms because:
    1) she helped out at times of needs
    2) Whatever favour at asked, she agreed to it
    At least I was able to ensure Selina was freed, get Avesta as an employee of Wayne Enterprises, Gordon got his old job back and Tiffany as my protege.

• Wait, why was Catwoman still in Waller's hands?

AnimalBoy posted: »

I don't hate her, but I don't have any love for her either. Made sure Avesta was safe from her wrath and then told her to get the hell out o

• As much as I adore Bruce/Bats... I'm with Waller in not caring about the villains and being okay with seeing them dead. Waller's all right.

• Because the favor I asked from Waller was to stay away from Avesta. Can't ask for both.

Camperor posted: »

Wait, why was Catwoman still in Waller's hands?

• Waller was seriously watered down for the purposes of TellTale. ( If anyone's seen the recent release of Suicide Squad - Hell To Pay or read a few of those comics, it's a definite understatement. ) I was mostly indifferent to this version of Amanda Waller, and at times I even liked her.

Only at times. I expected her to be more clever, if still apathetic. I don't disagree that she'd still be hostile towards John Doe on the bridge, but it didn't benefit her to threaten him at the time that she did. If she'd had him arrested alongside Harley after she'd gotten her hands on the virus, it would've been more in character for her. I was suprised the agents didn't take them both into custody when they approached.

• I fucking love Amanda Waller!

• edited April 2018

I love the character, but disagree with her mostly.
    Not even her methods, but the way she sees people is disgusting. I can see she is trying to help, I can see she's not a villain, but I also can see she enjoys breaking people, and she's arrogant.
    I believe she creates more trouble than she solves.

• I'm not sure what you're referring to. I don't recall her ever 'Enjoying' breaking someone.

Tiefling posted: »

I love the character, but disagree with her mostly. Not even her methods, but the way she sees people is disgusting. I can see she is tryi

• If you interrogate Eli you see her smile at yours brutality. She likes seeing you changing. She loves to control. She says she uses people for rational purposes only, but she enjoys controling Bruce, Harley and Bane. She's trying to break Harley and Bane too, make them into her slaves.
    She loves to shape people into small version of herself.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I'm not sure what you're referring to. I don't recall her ever 'Enjoying' breaking someone.

• I took that as her approving of Batman's brutality. That it gets things done. Not "Yes, break him! Break them! They shall be the clay that I shall mold however I like so I may control them all! Muahahahaha!" Jokes aside I think she sees it as a necessary evil, I don't think she enjoys it.

Tiefling posted: »

If you interrogate Eli you see her smile at yours brutality. She likes seeing you changing. She loves to control. She says she uses people f

• I always feel like she subtly enjoys it no matter if she admits it to herself or not. But I believe she knows.
    Otherwise she wouldn't be who she is.
    Bruce never enjoys brutality this way, nor Alfred or Gordon. They just do their job. Waller rather enjoys it. Which doesn't make her "Muhaha" type of character.
    Batman and Gordon annoys her. They living in a fairytale, trying to do things right and by the book, while she acts brutally and shady, which, I believe, is rather frustrating to feel like you're doing all the dirty work and everyone else is judging you. So I can see very well her enjoying Bruce breaking his high moral standarts, and she does point out to him "you're doing things wrong", "you will see my way is the right way", "I'm on the right side of the things" pretty often. Sure she would feel better if Batman will shape into something more like her. Prove her right.
    Which he does to some extend with her help and support.
    And I don't appreciate her passion to prove world is a bad and rotten place very much.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I took that as her approving of Batman's brutality. That it gets things done. Not "Yes, break him! Break them! They shall be the clay that I

• I think Waller is a really well written character but in my playthrough i didn't like Waller, her methods don't make her better than the "villains" she wants to eliminate. She wants to use bad people to make good but i think that is way too much power for one person to decide, especially for her who doesn't always do things by the book. Also, she tried to kill my homie John on the bridge.

• She's corrupt, inept, idiotic, selfish, rotten, egoistical, loathsome, mad, delusional and an outright bitch. She's one of the worst people to ever come to Gotham and a one that gets away with it all. If there's one thing I definitely agree on with John, it's that she deserves death. The world would be a better place. Fuck you Waller.

• The world would also be a whole lot better without the likes of any of the members of the pact. Fuck every member of the pact.

DanteTimes2 posted: »

She's corrupt, inept, idiotic, selfish, rotten, egoistical, loathsome, mad, delusional and an outright bitch. She's one of the worst people

• edited April 2018

In episode 5 as good as it was, one thing I think they should have done is to allow the player to make decisions or dialogue choices that side with vigilante Joker like having Waller Executed and the ending having both Batman and Joker as fugitives.

This of course will negatively affect your relationship with Alfred, Tiffany and Catwoman who will then berate you for contradicting your code of "batman doesnt kill".

That would have made the story all the mroe interesting

DanteTimes2 posted: »

She's corrupt, inept, idiotic, selfish, rotten, egoistical, loathsome, mad, delusional and an outright bitch. She's one of the worst people

• If we are just going to ignore Batman's code (and execute Waller? Really?) then I would have liked the option to kill both Harley and John. So would Batman become a fugitive because he executed Waller? I don't see why else Batman would become a fugitive.

speedkicks posted: »

In episode 5 as good as it was, one thing I think they should have done is to allow the player to make decisions or dialogue choices that si

• She goes way too far, but she delivered one of the best lines in the game. Also she's way to self righteous.

• What does that have to do with anything, that's like saying the world would be a better place without criminals. Of course it would. Besides there would be no Pact if Waller hadn't been greedy.

ShampaFK posted: »

The world would also be a whole lot better without the likes of any of the members of the pact. Fuck every member of the pact.

• Despise her. She turn my homie against me

• Not a fan.

• Not really a big fan of her character in any incarnation. Though it would have been hilarious if she did get “shot out of a cannon”!

• I used all four of the save files you get with each telltale game and I re-name them as follows.

Save File 1 - Good (in this case) Batman
    Save File 2 - Bad (in this case) Batman
    Save File 3 - Good And Bad (in this case) Batman
    Save File 4 - 50/50 (in this case) Batman#

Good Batman - He didn't trust Waller and sided with Gordon as much as he could up until she revealed she knew his secret and when she told him she wasn't the enemy he told her to prove it by reinstating Gordon as Commissioner she said how if he 'played nice' with her she would do it once the mission was over.

From that point on Good Batman worked with Waller only to keep his identity secret and in order to get Gordon reinstated.

Bad Batman - If he could he would take care of the criminals all on his own he considers Batman to be who he really is and Bruce Wayne is just the mask he wears when he has to.

Having said that however his way of doing things is a lot more like Waller's as he proved in season 1 when he brutalised Falcone and broke the sniper's arm.

He also went behind Gordon's back and got the location of Riddler by brutalising Eli and when Gordon confronted him on it and told him how their partnership was over he told him that that was fine and when Waller had a go at Gordon Batman sided with her and continued to do so the rest of the game even having Waller make sure Gordon never wears a badge again when he agreed to give Batman up to Joker in exchange for the bombsites (even though when he was on the phone to Batman in the church he said how he couldn't go through with it and ended up getting beaten up)

Good And Bad Batman - He didn't trust Waller and sided with Gordon all the way through the game even after Waller revealed she knew his secret and when she told him she wasn't the enemy he told her he didn't trust her and when he had to choose who to call after Bane beat him up he chose Gordon and told him that they would take Gotham back together. An then on the rooftop he told Waller that it was still Gordon's turf and were as (Good Batman asked Jim not to get involved in why he was working with Waller) this Batman revealed to Gordon how the reason he was working with her was because she knew his identity. An after vigilante Joker was captured he used the favor Waller owed him to have Catwoman's collar removed (because he is in love with her) and when Waller tried to justify her actions he told her she was full of it and in the end told her to get out of Gotham while she still could and told Jim he wanted their partnership back (even though he would end up giving up Batman for Alfred)

50/50 Batman - This Bruce Wayne is a thrill seeker and uses Batman as a means of getting those 'thrills' he doesn't mind doing things like brutalising Falcone or breaking a sniper's arm. Although part of the reason he broke the sniper's arm is because he hates guns and people who use them. While he is a bit of a law breaker himself at the same time there is a part of him that respects the law and believes that if you break it you should pay for it. Which is why he tells Gordon to put Harvey in prison when he is captured and he funds a stronger GCPD police force. Although when Avesta asks him why in season 2 he claims it is because he likes the attention.

When Waller comes to town he is split down the middle due to the fact he kind of likes her methods to a certain extent and yet at the same time he has come to enjoy working with Gordon even though his methods of doing things his way has not changed.

For example despite knowing Gordon won't like it he finds out the location of Riddler by psychologically making Eli tell him and when Gordon confronts him on it he tells him not to take it so personally and that he is making a mistake in ending their partnership.

An although he does call Gordon after getting beaten by Bane he doesn't apologise for getting to Riddler via Eli in fact he defends his actions telling Gordon to do his job which is to defend the people of Gotham and that he get's the job done.

An he continues to play both sides and do his best to try and please both Gordon and Waller and tries to get them to work together. He still breaks the law himself by warning Catwoman Gordon is coming for her but only for his own ends. Those being he can get the laptop after which he refuses to work with her and allows her to take the fall so that he can try and stop the pack once inside Sanctus.

All the while he is trying to infiltrate and stop the pact he uses John not trusting nor considering him a friend. He see's him as simply a means to an end an unpredictable means to an end as he tells Alfred when they're talking about using John to infiltrate the pack but still a means to an end. An it is for this reason he tells John he believes him it is simply so that he can get John's help to stop Harley after which he does his best to try and get rid of John going so far as to make a deal with Waller that deal being she won't go after Avesta professionally or personally in exchange he will give her Doe.

An at the end after having battled Joker he tells him how they were never friends and that he was/is a criminal and was a means to an end.

An after having called in the favour Waller owes him which is to leave Avesta (who Bruce/Batman likes in a romantic kind of way) when Waller is trying to explain herself he tells her that he doesn't judge her and when she suggest that they could work together again in the future he tells her how he is open to the idea saying that they both know how to get the job done. He then tells Gordon to get back his old job as Commissioner so in the end keeping both sides sweet even though he ends up giving up Batman for Alfred.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.