Thank You <3

mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Thanks to you guys for being a (mostly) sane group of people :joy:. I truly had fun being Telltale's Community Manager for near two years.

You are real ones.

@carolineliddick

Comments

• So it is true? Is the company shutting down?

• Can we have some confirmation about what is going on?

• I will go down with this ship.

• edited September 2018

thank you for everything

• edited September 2018

Wait what? Is something bad happening?

Ohh i see now, the company is dead, RIP.

• (mostly)

It's been a fun ride, thank you for striving to be active in this community. I wish you the best in your future.

• Thanks to you guys for being a (mostly) sane group of people :joy:.

Hmm :eyes:

• edited September 2018

Oh my...

• Thanks Caroline. Its been an amazing ride. No matter how rough it got you stayed so positive and were helpful to anyone who needed a question or problem solved. I hope your able to find work fast <3

• You were a great community manager.

• Thank you for everything, Caroline :) ;)

• Damn. The game that made the company will be their last one.

• Thanks Caroline. And good luck in the future. <3

• You were a great Community Manager and we were lucky to have someone who stuck around not only during the good times but also the bad times. Whoever you work for next will be lucky to have you; thanks for sticking around. ?

• edited September 2018

Am I dreaming? I wish I was....thank you for everything....and I'm sorry if I offended or hurt anyone of you....I hope you guys have a better future and agian....thanks for everything.

• No, thank YOU, caroline. You were the greatest CM we could have. Always willing to interact with your fans, during both good and hard times. I wish all of you the greastest of lucks, you and the team truly deserve it.

• Thank you so much for being a great Community Manager. You've helped so many people and been so active. Thank you for being awesome.

I wish you the best of luck for the future.

• I want to thank all you fine folks at Telltale for the fun characters and the tortuous decisions you have put me through. It breaks my heart to know that we won’t ever get to see resolution to Batman or WAU, but what stories you did tell have been inspired and enjoyable.

I of course want to thank the excellent voice actors from Troy and Nolan to Bill, Erin and Mellisa, Dave, Patrick and Catherine, Mellisa and Gavin and Laura and Ashy and every single one of you. Whether running from walkers or fighting crooked men, searching for vaults or pigs or Eternity Forges or criminal pacts, you have created and populated numerous words and stories for so many to experience and enjoy, so I salute you all.

I hope despite the terrible news that those connected to Telltale will find work elsewhere, and the inspiration it has at least inspired other companies continues to create fun and engaging adventure and Choice driven games for years to come.

• Wow. This one really caught me by surprise, I'm still wrapping my head around this. I've been wandering around message boards since the AOL game boards started popping up, and I've honestly never seen a representative as interactive or endearing as you've been here these past few years. You've really gone above and beyond to keep in touch with the community and managed to never be anything but pleasant regardless of the environment. I know that I, and I think quite a few others, greatly appreciated the effort and care you put into your work and the community. Thank you, and best of luck to you in the future, wherever you end up is going to get that much better because you're there.

• I'm gutted... we're never going to see Got s2, Batman s3, or TWAU s2... no chance of any more TWD... when we play TWD s4e4 it will be the last Telltale any of us ever get to play. I'm actually gutted and very depressed at the news.

Thank you for everything Telltale. Thank you for the memories and the characters and the experiences. <3

• Just want to thank you for all you've done. You went out of your way to try and find me a PS4 code for A New Frontier when my original copy went all screwy. I never forgot that. @mostlypoptarts

• I'm going to miss you, @mostlypoptarts. Thank you for everything. And thank you, Telltale. For everything. :'(

• Goodluck to you @mostlypoptarts Caroline...you were the best. I hope you find work fast, I wish that for everyone at this wonderful goofy company that I have been crying over. Take care.

• Nooooo! I like yours games very much! It will break my heart! TT__TT
    Still, I hope everyone will do well.
    For any game I did not cry as much as at Walking Dead.
    And I do not even know that I would ever smile as much as the Borderlands.
    And I'm sorry I will not know how it was with the Big B. He's so cool! :(
    TT__TT
    Thank you for your hard work.

• Peace Caroline, and thanks for your efforts. You were a delight.

• I'm actually crying right now.

All those memories I've made over the last 6 years. All of the many years to come, no longer.

Goddamit....

• Happy trails, everyone at Telltale. Let your Tales live on in legends. You guys changed my life and made me feel things I didn't know were possible.

I really feared this for some time (1-3 years), and it pains me to not get The Wolf Among Us: Season 2 among other Telltale diamonds. I watched Telltale grow since the beginning from a young company struggling to find an identity and a unique mojo/style with some bugs here and there, to games like Jurassic Park, Back To The Future and Monkey Island (among others), and finally into perfection with the obvious Magnus Opus: The Walking Dead Season One. I've bought and played so many Telltale-games over the years it boggles my mind. To me Telltale went through THREE distinct phases, the awkward beginnings, the decent/findind-some-footing -era and then the LEGEND -era achieved with Walking Dead..

So GOODBYE, but I hope to see you all again some day under a different umbrella making adventure games like you did before Telltale!

And thank you too, Caroline, even though I rarely visited the forums outside of discussing latest Episodes and didn't ever exchange words with you at all. ALL the best to you and I hope you have the best of luck in the future wherever you find yourself next!

• Thank you for being an awesome community manager, Caroline! I'm sorry it had to come to this. I wish you success in life and your future career!

• Thank you so much for all your work. You were a fantastic community manager!

• Thank you, Caroline. I hope you and all your co-workers find new fun jobs soon.

• edited September 2018

I want to thank y’all so much. You were the ones who got me invested in video games. I wish the best for all of you and see a bright light in your future. I know you guys will prevail.

• Don't post, but, been on board since Back to the Future. These wonderful games are some of the only I still play these days. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all who were ever involved in the company. I appreciate all of the moments.

My wife and I are both in motorized wheelchairs, and my wife has an extremely difficult time holding modern video game controllers. I have a fair bit more manual dexterity than she, and the Tell-tale games were something we could play and enjoy together. She would make the tough calls and I would key them in for us, unless I disagreed, of course, at which point, she'd berate me for being the moron I am, and I'd choose her choice anyway LOL

I thank the folks at TT for allowing us to have that together.

• This is so magical. Best of luck to y’all ❤️

oneway23 posted: »

Don't post, but, been on board since Back to the Future. These wonderful games are some of the only I still play these days. Thank you, th

• You were honestly a great community manager. I hope wherever you find yourself you have nothing but the best of luck! (and maybe even get some rhys socks for yourself homie)

• Best of luck and thank you to all the TellTale Staff! I wish you all the best! I will miss all the good times I had with all Staff and Forum members of TellTale Games! :cry:

• Farewell, Telltale. Thanks for some truly amazing games.

• i've barely been here a month its not fair ?

• I'm sending all of my regards to you, Caroline, and every Telltale staff member. You guys always did an amazing job. Thanks for everything.

• Thank you for being and communicating with us, Caroline. You were the best Telltale employee we could talk to. I can't believe you all end up in the same situation as Visceral Games. I wish you luck and a good life. Goodbye.

Respect

Sign in to comment in this discussion.