The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I'd like it if there was a specific chat group in the Discord for the forum regulars. Would make things a little less confusing.

Melton23 posted: »

Yeah, I feel the same way towards discord. Too confusing for me but it’s better than nothing

• I will be miss You, Sonya T_T
    I know from TWD: Season 2 (best time for me).
    I liked that you are a person from my neighboring country. And that you are so small, but adult like Clem. I liked to read your comments and often just went to your profile and read your comments. I know about your fanfic, but I did not read it (sorry, my English is bad) and about your friendship with @Crips. And one day one man (@tobi-is-a-good-boy) even shiped us! Oh, no! Crips did it too! Little perv!

From Ukraine with friendship! <3 <3 <3

Back in 2013, when I was 11, I started watching Pewdiepie and one of the first playthroughs I've seen of him was The Walking Dead. I never w

• edited September 2018

Oh goodness. Thanks man. Seeing your smiley face emoticons at the end of each of your optimistic posts was really warming, but to see TT end on such a whimper... egh. In 5 years time when I'll probably have kids, I'll Tell them the Tale of the greatest video game studio of all time, the best writers in the business, who wrote stories that touched hearts across the globe, all the twists and turns, and ships and critiques, and memes and rejoicing, (dammit I'm crying rn) the best community that isn't toxic, the best community-dev transparency, all the conferences and E3 and PAX Talks, and Interviews and Behind the Scenes, and playthroughs and documentaries, and AMA's and.....

Damn. This is more tragic than I thought. I'm so thankful that I will never be forgotten, and just know, that in 5 or 10 or 20 years time, I will NEVER forget you, or any regulars here for that matter!! Even if the forums close down, just know that I will always be in your hearts, and your names and ideas and discussions and jokes and all the wholesome details that you share about your lives will probably be remembered!

It is incredibly saddening that The Final Season will end on an aprupt, low note, and my condolences to all the developers. It is YOU who will change the industry for the better, Telltale's cinematography, your Voice-Casters, your Concept Artists, designers, writers, and more will do good for the world of video games. Instead of being stuck to a roof of mismanagement and toxic working, spread your wings and flock to whatever studio you see as being successful. I know you will do good.

:s :s :s There will never be a Telltale again! Screw u DontNod (jk) no-one does it better than Telltale! Their talent and especially writing is on another level! Whichever company manages to get hold of them should consider themselves lucky and fortunate. Screw u Pewdiepie (see his tweets) Their shitty QTE are amazing! Their franchises, characters, just <3 :'( :( I WANT ANOTHER TELLTALE! FINISH CLEM'S ENDING! It's sad because this is happening in my prime, when I finally found a passion and a love. I'm even proud that I replayed ANF 4 times in 2 weeks! Telltale cured and gave me depression, rip.

To think that there will **never ** be a Telltale game again... even though I could foresee it, you seemed like a powerhouse Indie studio, but we failed. Just when we thought the most promising line-up of games were to release in 2019... We had some good times, didn't we,
    @MetallicaRules @dylanwoods777 @Thebatman377 @TheWalkingUrban @DabigRG @qualityrice @Veeeee @Saltyliquorice @Poogers555 @Tewudin @Jayroen @VengefulKenny @Dex-Starr @Plan_R @AronDracula @NexusFire @MrGraffio @eRock92 @Hillbilly_Dave @BullseyeRey @Wiso2kinfinity @patrickrc95 @4k60fpsHDR @Ov3rp0w3r @CarverDidNothingWrong @Kennyshouladiedins1 @lupinb0y @GSSalvador @MaxTheFax @TripleKillionare @Ladariel @stannard95 @Feedingfrenzy91 @Chibikid @SargeantMario101 @enzeruanimefan @Explodingkittens971 @alekgn @prink34320 @Findagon @Psychokinesis @Cocoa2736 @Green613 @PinkyPromise @Megami_Kizukanai @MegaXD @Fangirl101 @Louche @Leegendary @Divided_We_Fall @SolidStryder @InGen_Nate_Kenny @Deltino @OzzyUK @Blind Sniper . Louche come back ya said you come back after TFS ended and it's ending now! I haven't had the pleasure of talking to a lot of you, but I have been reading, and reading, and reading. Apologies to any I missed, love ya'll.

Btw I'm sticking it out until the end! @Blind Sniper perhaps you and your mods, if you're any good at changing websites, if you even have the rights to do that, PLEASE try and change the forums so that there are no more ''Game Sections'' just ''The Yak Space'' or ''General''. There's no point in talking about these games anymore but make it so that we can talk about those games in General. I assure you this will not die! Okay maybe in 2 since no more games to re-instate the hype but keep going! This is a wonderful community and I don't want to see us all go our separate ways like Telltale did. We can't let history repeat itself. Hmm.. maybe I should make this a separate post to gain more traction.. spread the word!

I plan on staying until the Forums' last breath. But since everyone is saying their goodbyes to one another I feel that I should do the same

• You have definitely left a positive impact on me my friend. I am so glad I got to meet you :smile:

AChicken posted: »

Oh my GOD all these goodbyes are making me cry. @AronDracula @Melton23 @Pipas @dylanwoods777 Thank you for the words of thanks and t

• And thank you for being here, and for being a part of the Community. It was and still is great to have you here :smile:

qualityrice posted: »

I didn't expect that, but it made me happy. Thank you for always spreading joy and positive energy

• Thanks Forias. I will be sure to do so. Thank you so much man

iFoRias posted: »

Thanks Dylan,you're a great guy,i'll be on discord if you want to talk to me.

• lol I damn near crapped myself. My iPad told me that the website’s server couldn’t be reached, yet other sites were working. Thank god the place wasn’t taken down

• We had many amazing moments my friend. It is absolutely tragic that it looks to be ending this way.... Thank you for being here and for being a part of this Community :smile:

Ghetsis posted: »

Oh goodness. Thanks man. Seeing your smiley face emoticons at the end of each of your optimistic posts was really warming, but to see TT end

• Came back from my birthday vacation to find out the final season of TWD is most likely cancelled. This sucks. :/ I was excited to see how Clem's story was going to wrap up.

• @Dex-Starr I’ll miss you.

• Somebody will actually miss my presence on this site??? Wow, ? thank you. I always saw myself as that one guy who's just pretty random all the time that everyone stops talking to look at a second before going back to whatever it is they're doing :D

-XYAB- posted: »

@Dex-Starr I’ll miss you.

• I will genuinely miss you friend, I promise that I will. But maybe we’ll meet again someday, somewhere, somehow. You never know, we may not even know that it’s us— but it’s possible.

Dex-Starr posted: »

Somebody will actually miss my presence on this site??? Wow, ? thank you. I always saw myself as that one guy who's just pretty random all the time that everyone stops talking to look at a second before going back to whatever it is they're doing

• edited September 2018

Jesus Christ, I literally spend the entire day on the forum and the Subreddit... I just don't know what to do with myself. I didn't felt so empty in a long time. Goddamn it...

• edited September 2018

I consider pre-TWD Telltale an entirely different company. You could they pushed way harder to make quality games when they weren't as successful to start over-spent. Having each-episode as stand alone game and it was unlikely that if there was a bug it would get patched for already released stuff, but they still had better understanding of expenses vs income.

• Bad news is I'm not a fan of either of these sites. I always loved talking and communicating in separate threads. Telltale is gone for good and I have nothing else to talk to you about other than games like Bloodborne and upcoming titles that I'm excited for like Resident Evil 2 and The Last of Us 2.

hey dude, there's always discord or twitter or other forums. telltale pulling a titanic doesn't mean any convos we had are gonna end. it just means the dawn of a new era. shit's gonna be a-ok my dude.

• This whole situation is just so fucking surreal for me. I still can't believe that this is happening and it feels like a very bad joke. After all this wait, build up, an excellent first episode... A few days ago we were all discussing about the game, theories and new trailers and now we have news about bankruptcy out of the blue. The fact that nobody really knows what will happen now, the whole uncertainty makes everything worse.

• Every time now I go online to visit the forums, I'm overcome with a wave of fear that they won't be there anymore. That I'll click on my shortcut link, only to find out that they've been taken down.

• Same here... Just wanted to say thanks for being a part of the Community. It was great to meet you.

Every time now I go online to visit the forums, I'm overcome with a wave of fear that they won't be there anymore. That I'll click on my shortcut link, only to find out that they've been taken down.

• Likewise.

Same here... Just wanted to say thanks for being a part of the Community. It was great to meet you.

• ikr. I need people who will listen to my bullshit :D

Every time now I go online to visit the forums, I'm overcome with a wave of fear that they won't be there anymore. That I'll click on my shortcut link, only to find out that they've been taken down.

• Thanks!

I plan on staying until the Forums' last breath. But since everyone is saying their goodbyes to one another I feel that I should do the same

• So...is this a bad time to come out of hiding?

• The way TTG has treated their employees and fans over the years is absolutely disgusting and toxic, kinda glad i don't have to be let down by this company anymore and i don't have to hold a high standard for a company that was actually never even that good to begin with.

• Oh well... if we get news from telltale that they are still not going to finish ep 3 & 4 i am gonna listen to this on repeat and remember the good times of telltale.

• Okay, here goes....

Telltale and this forum has been a big part of my life and growing up. I will cherish the memories of their stories and everyone here forever. The storytellers at Telltale are what actually inspired me to start writing my own stories, which is something I will forever love doing. I thank them for helping me find that part of myself. If anyone wants my Discord tag to keep in contact, its Toady#8350. So, here are my goodbyes.

@Cocoa2736, you've helped me and many others out with your words of wisedom on the Vent Thread. You are awesome and such a nice person. (If you on Discord, let me know)

@AChicken, while we never really talked about anything personal, I feel like you're as close to a friend as you could get on an anonymous Internet forum. You've even shown up in my dreams... Keep being awesome, and keep playing those horror games, you'll get used to them and you won't be chicken anymore.

@ClemyClooAndBabyboo, we havent talked recently, but I have fond memories of discussing Sonic 06 and other games with you. Things are hard, and they're always gonna be hard. But the harder things get, the stronger you become to face the next obstacle life throws at you. You're a great guy, hang in there man.

@Dont_Look_Back, amazing artist and fellow TLOU fan. I may no longer be on your Discord Server, but I enjoy talking to you on less... Uh, toxic servers.

@Poogers555. The Mighty Meme Manic. You will always be remembered for your memes, and your quest for Rhys socks and a sequel to one of Telltale's greatest games. Just look at your character arc now: you gained unavoidable attention from Telltale with your amazing Wolf Memes, it was you we had to thank when Wolf S2 was finally announced. And now it's been cancelled and Telltale is done, all hope is lost. You will always be remembered.

@lupinb0y, I remember talking to you about something but I can't remember what. Either way, you're a cool dude (or b0y).

@Psychokinesis, although you're still new to this forum, you always find a way to keep things interesting and civil. And we both hang out in the TLOU Discord a lot so I know this won't be the last time we see eachother's usernames.

There are so many more amazing people here, these are just the ones off the top of my head. If anyone wants to keep in contact, PM me, either here or on Discord. And if anyone feels they're missing from this list, let me know and I'll happily add you.

Keep being amazing, keep learning, keep helping others as you've helped me, and keep telling your stories.

• Worst part is i just finished playing TWAU last week and i was fassinated by it and was hyped for season 2. Goddammit.

• Better late than never. I haven't been here in two years and yet I still bumped into a familiar face or two.
    I'm gonna miss this place... even if I didn't visit much, it was always nice to know it was here when I needed it.

BlueShadiw posted: »

So...is this a bad time to come out of hiding?

• YASSSS I remember you! Sorry for not tagging you, I fixed it in another thread. You mean the Sombrero ship, right? Those were golden times, mate. Спасибо большое <3

Karnedg2013 posted: »

I will be miss You, Sonya T_T I know from TWD: Season 2 (best time for me). I liked that you are a person from my neighboring country. And

• Since it;s pretty much accepted that these forums are getting shut down, I was wondering if anyone's planning on keeping in contact? Some of us have known each other so long that I don't think we need Telltale's games as a reason to talk. I'm planning on keeping up to date with the subreddit assuming that stays open, and while what we've had on these forums can never be completely replicated, I would like to see this community kept intact to some degree. Having the community lose contact with each other would be the biggest loss out of all of this , in my opinion.

• I didn't want to make a post tagging everyone at first since you're all amazing and I didn't want to forget to tag any of you. This has been a fantastic community to be a part of and I'm so saddened at how suddenly we all had to say our goodbyes not only to Telltale but to each other as well.

First to all of the great friends I've made here @AChicken @Psychokinesis @imighthavebrokenit @Acheive250 @ZombieKiller3121 @Dylanwoods777 @WalkingDeadFan(I can't remember the numbers but I hope you're doing well)

Thank you for all the laughs, the listening ears to confide in and just for making me feel truly a part of this community. You guys made this place something genuinely special and I know good fortune will come to all of you. I hope to be able to stay in touch with you guys but if that doesn't happen I wish you all the best on the paths life takes you :smile:

I also want to give special mention to @lupinb0y @SolidStryder @Poogers555 @fangirl101 @DaBigRG @Blind Sniper @4k60fpsHDR @Dont_Look_Back @ClemyClooandBabyboo @Joe_Momma @Pipas @Deltino @MegaXD @Lilacsbloom @thewalkingclementine @AronDracula @MetallicaRules @InGen_Nate_Kenny @IFoRias @Melton23 @WarpSpeed @Dex-Starr @bruzdaa @Veeeee @Louche @VengefulKenny @Lee_Everett @fallandir @RavenSnowstorm @Kenny_The_Almighty @bravepancake @AnimalBoy @captainivy1 @strwar3 @InKennyWeTrust @MarijaaNo7 @patrickrc95 @MRSHYGUY45 @OzzyUK @Kennyshouladiedins1 and so many more for bringing great memes, amicability, remarkably well thought out arguments and just a sense of charm and character into this community that made it worth coming back to. Thank you to all of the Mods for keeping this place civil and just being great people in general, not just the ones I tagged. Thank you to everyone who participated in the Vent thread for all the words of encouragement for the posts I've made there, it meant a lot to me that you guys cared about what I had to say :smile: My discord is chipper#1584 if you'd like to contact me there, but regardless of if we stay in contact I wish you all the best in your futures.

Keep being awesome and let's hope Telltale's legacy continues to inspire more devs to follow their own visions of storytelling in gaming :smiley:

• Thank you for the mention! ❤️ It’s been a blast and I hope to hear from you again soon!

Cocoa2736 posted: »

I didn't want to make a post tagging everyone at first since you're all amazing and I didn't want to forget to tag any of you. This has been

• Thanks Cocoa :)  I'll keep your discord username in mind.

I didn't want to make a post tagging everyone at first since you're all amazing and I didn't want to forget to tag any of you. This has been

• Thank you so much for the mention my friend. It really warms my heart.... It has been an absolute honour to be in this amazing community with you and everyone here. Seeing it go down the path that it is heading it shatters my very being.
    Thank you for the memories my friend I will forever treasure them...

• Call me foolish but I still have some hope that Telltale can bounce back. It is basically next to impossible at this stage and the odds are very low. But despite the smallest of odds, miracles can occur.

• edited September 2018

Would anyone here be interested in a backup forum in case this place crashes and burns? I'm trying to get something working right now but it's not a 100% guaranteed thing so don't hold me to it.

• Sure

lupinb0y posted: »

Would anyone here be interested in a backup forum in case this place crashes and burns? I'm trying to get something working right now but it's not a 100% guaranteed thing so don't hold me to it.

• Go ahead

lupinb0y posted: »

• Thank you for the mention brother, so sad it's all coming to an end such an unfortunate way

• Getting tagged to all these goodbyes is giving me the feels :(

Sign in to comment in this discussion.