The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited October 2018

Oh my gosh, if was drinking coffee right now, I would've spat it out onto my phone. :D

sarahsenpai posted: »

depends on what you mean by "selling hotdogs"

• Oh I know what she meant. first the “that’s what she said” comment and now this. Someone’s a little...deprived.?

Acheive250 posted: »

You're so innocent. Its cute. Preserve that, because once it's gone, there's no going back.

• Space Goose cant fly past earths orbit without cheats. It just becomes....goose?

Dang, now I want to see what happens when you try to launch that without cheats on. Also, a striking resemblance...

• I think I just realised why Australians call sasauges and mashed potato: "Bangers and Mash"

Dex-Starr posted: »

Oh I know what she meant. first the “that’s what she said” comment and now this. Someone’s a little...deprived.?

• That grey line is as far as it’ll go before it falls back to earth

Dang, now I want to see what happens when you try to launch that without cheats on. Also, a striking resemblance...

• So tell us where you're from. :D

• Cuntybollocks cos I saw it online so that’s where I live now

So tell us where you're from.

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited October 2018

Aaaaaaaaaand I don’t think you understand the joke

Melton23 posted: »

Cuntybollocks cos I saw it online so that’s where I live now

• Camera???

Aaaaaaaaaand I don’t think you understand the joke

• It’s a Rated-M joke

Melton23 posted: »

Camera???

• Oooh! I get it ? where’s the actress at?

It’s a Rated-M joke

• New Wired article advocating better treatment of gaming company employees: We Need to Change How We Talk About Game Studios Closing

• So................I had a grilled cheese today...

• Fukin shit you're adventurous.

So................I had a grilled cheese today...

• So I've been told

Acheive250 posted: »

Fukin shit you're adventurous.

• In Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa california.

• I know im not the only one who sleeps laying down like this?.....right??

• I wanna say I've tried.

I know im not the only one who sleeps laying down like this?.....right??

• Don't you wake up with a numb right leg?

• Nope, my ankle rests under the bend of my leg, so no circulation gets cut off really.

Don't you wake up with a numb right leg?

• So, about a week ago, I made a couple of posts in regards to Telltale's possible legal defense in regards to the current lawsuit brought about by the former employees. I mentioned that Telltale might have a way out of escaping culpability based on a clause in the federal WARN Act that would allow Telltale to possibly escape paying severance to fired employees because the event that prompted the mass layoffs may not have been reasonably foreseeable. However, they might still be in conflict with California's state version of the WARN Act as they do not have that clause, meaning the employees may still have a chance. However, Telltale might be able to escape punishment in that sense as well, and it's thanks to a clause found in Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution.

This area of the Constitution deals with federal powers given to Congress, and one of them is known as the Interstate Commerce Clause. This clause allows the federal government "To regulate Commerce with Foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian tribes." Basically, while states have the ability to regulate and pass legislation in regards to commerce and business within their particular state, if it involves businesses that cross that state's lines and it involves a commodity, it becomes the sole responsibility of the federal government to regulate it, and as decided in previous Supreme Court cases such as McCulloch v. Maryland, federal law trumps state law and state actions cannot invalidate or impede Constitutional exercises of power.

The reason why I bring this up is because, while manufacturing is out of the realms of federal government regulation in particular states, anything in regards to distribution and commercial transportation would fall under the guidelines of the Interstate Commerce Clause (see case like United States v. E. C. Knight Company). While Telltale is a California based company, one may be able to argue that their commodity (video games) can be considered interstate commerce as people outside of California play them. While the games are manufactured in the state, they sell them elsewhere, and this could make it federally regulated.

Not saying with certainty this could work, but it might be a possible legal defense. However, in the interest of fairness, what could the counter argument be?

Another court case, Kidd v. Pearson, the Supreme Court upheld Iowa's ban on the manufacturer of liquor (Iowa was a dry state at the time). However, a distillery located in Iowa argued that, since it sold it's product across state lines, the Interstate Commerce Clause would apply to them. The court rejected this argument, establishing a distinction between manufacturing and commerce. It held that Iowa's ban was constitutional as it did not conflict with the power of the federal government to regulate commerce. "Manufacturing is transformation - the fashioning of raw materials into a change of form for use" held Justice Lamar in the majority opinion.

This is what I can gather from my research. Telltale might be able to win, but they have to argue that the state law does not apply to them because of the nature of their business, and argue that the reasoning for the mass layoffs was not reasonably foreseeable under the WARN Act.

• Tried once woke up achy i mustve done something wrong

• I need a pizza right now, but i'm trying to lose 10-15lbs :/

• Doing some interstate commerce does not make your business immune from all state laws. If it did, a lot fewer business would bother paying taxes to state and local governments. There's a reason why a lot of interstate businesses choose to incorporate in Delaware, and that's because Delaware has more corporate-friendly laws. If state laws didn't apply, then businesses wouldn't care where they incorporated.

So, about a week ago, I made a couple of posts in regards to Telltale's possible legal defense in regards to the current lawsuit brought abo

• Exactly, that's what I mentioned cases like Kidd v. Pearson where the Court said that, even though they sold in other states, since the manufacturing process took place in Iowa, the state ban still applied. I'm not saying that if Telltale claimed a defense using Interstate Commerce that it would work, but it is a possible argument they can use if they make a compelling enough case for it.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Doing some interstate commerce does not make your business immune from all state laws. If it did, a lot fewer business would bother paying

• hey you're the one selling your hotdog all over town. so what's your price? do you give out free bites? ?

Oh I know what she meant. first the “that’s what she said” comment and now this. Someone’s a little...deprived.?

• ­­­

hey you're the one selling your hotdog all over town. so what's your price? do you give out free bites? ?

• If you want to use teeth, yeah, you have to pay.

hey you're the one selling your hotdog all over town. so what's your price? do you give out free bites? ?

• Well, that's real charming. Thank you.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

I didn't want to make a post tagging everyone at first since you're all amazing and I didn't want to forget to tag any of you. This has been

• Finished season 1 of Stranger Things today. Wow, what a great show! I kinda regret not watching it when there was more talk about it :P

• Yeah it's a great show, I can't wait for the Telltale game to come ou...oh, right.

lupinb0y posted: »

Finished season 1 of Stranger Things today. Wow, what a great show! I kinda regret not watching it when there was more talk about it :P

• Come on man why ya gotta do me like that :(

Yeah it's a great show, I can't wait for the Telltale game to come ou...oh, right.

• Surprise! Venom is getting bad reviews. I wonder what sort of brave, intelligent, and handsome fellow predicted that...

Oh, me.

I'll still see it like the moron I am though.

• Yo.

Louche posted: »

Well, that's real charming. Thank you.

• I'll still see it like the moron I am though.

Same. I think I'm gonna go see it, but not early on when it's out. I don't want to tell Sony that this movie was a good idea. To be honest, I had hope for this movie, but I was still hesitant that they could pull it off.

A few clips they released recently look somewhat enjoyable to me, but that doesn't really speak for the whole movie.
    Eh, maybe it's one of those "turn off your brain" kind of guilty pleasures.

At least we have that animated Spider-Man movie coming up in December! That looks a lot better.

Surprise! Venom is getting bad reviews. I wonder what sort of brave, intelligent, and handsome fellow predicted that... Oh, me. I'll still see it like the moron I am though.

• Welp got spoiled on Assassin's Creed: Odyssey. :grimace:

My fault I guess, eventhough it kinda just came outta nowhere on The Walking Dead forum of all places.

• When your home is wiped from the existence from the forums and you have nowhere else to look

• The scientist woman doesn’t even say symbiote properly ?

Surprise! Venom is getting bad reviews. I wonder what sort of brave, intelligent, and handsome fellow predicted that... Oh, me. I'll still see it like the moron I am though.

• Starfield 2nd trailer leak

• Let me know if it's any good, because I want to watch it but money is a bit of an issue. If its good tho I'll go see it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.