Episode 403 Waiting Thread - Releasing Jan 15th, New Trailer, Rated by Australia

Comments

• Does anyone know if there are finally choices percentages for episode 2 now that skybound took over TFS?

• No problem with having to wait a little longer, considering we came into the weekend not even sure we’d be getting the final two episodes

• Nope fam

Razer531 posted: »

Does anyone know if there are finally choices percentages for episode 2 now that skybound took over TFS?

• Agreed. I don't disagree with you or anything. But - if we look at Telltale's track record for TWD especially, you'll notice that generally TWD games are their greatest difficulties/stories that they struggle to get right. When you look at Batman, it's always gone well for them. People don't like S1 as much as S2, but it's still good. Better than ANF and arguably more consistently better than S2. Perhaps Telltale's management just value their other franchises more or something so TWD ends up in the dirt, idk. Now they've got it right though (that's not to say I'm satisfied with TFS, seems pretty underwhelming as of yet but that can change)

GSSalvador posted: »

I don't know about that. He wrote the worst episode of season 1, while the season leads for TFS were also the leads for Batman: The Enemy Wi

• Someone asked this in another AMA too, was it you?

dojo32161 posted: »

Time to see if the Skybound CEO likes Ace Attorney.

• What? Just so that our questions don't collide.

I know what I'm gonna ask about/for.

• Ask them about the Telltale Tool ordeals and if the work is still being done from Telltale offices, just with Skybound funding the project. After all, who'd want to move to another country for contractual work?

They're hiring the original team to finish the season

• Ehm First of all I am really happy to see TFS get finished. But ehm... Am I really the only one who really liked ANF's Story and also Clem? Of course it wasn't that great as S1 or S2 but it was still good in my opinion. I especially enjoyed the sarcastic humor of Clem in that season.

• edited October 2018

In my opinion, the real problem with Clem during ANF, besides being a side character, is that she became a total badass warrior and a flawless survivor, in S2 she surely grown up but she still was scared and had to rely on others to keep surviving (like when she was saved by Luke, the friendship with Kenny or Jane and whatsoever), in S3 she became a bit unrealistic for a character of her age, preferring to stay alone in this crap world and raising a child by her own at age of 13. I mean in S2 she was strong but still weak, she was realistic to me, and this is the reason she is my favourite character of the whole series. You can see that in some scenes when she couldnt manage to push away some walkers (after she got bit by Sam or in Howe, when she was saved by Troy), or when her hatchet kept getting stuck on walkers skulls due to her lack of physical strength.
    In S3 she was basically a trained warrior and a killing machine with no remorse.
    Also the choices I made in S2 didn't really matter in S3, I mean I liked ANF but I really didnt like what they did to Clementine...

KirTyun posted: »

Ehm First of all I am really happy to see TFS get finished. But ehm... Am I really the only one who really liked ANF's Story and also Clem?

• That might be a dumb question but how much time is there between S2 and ANF?
    Because in S2 she already is a badass survivor. Which 11 old kid could possibly stitch herself up and right after that killing a walker?

And you have to keep in mind that Clem had only one target in ANF and that was to find AJ. And you know how women are if they lost their child and want to find it. They get the stength to lift up cars xD

• I mean, there was that aspect too if it really doesn't connect with you, but I personally just really hated what an unlikably narrow, fickle little [young girls] she'd "become."

Gauss99 posted: »

In my opinion, the real problem with Clem during ANF, besides being a side character, is that she became a total badass warrior and a flawle

• I enjoyed ANF but that's because I was able to roleplay as if I were Javi so the predetermined relationships didn't come across as forced to me. I don't really like Clem's personality in ANF though

Ehm First of all I am really happy to see TFS get finished. But ehm... Am I really the only one who really liked ANF's Story and also Clem?

• That might be a dumb question but how much time is there between S2 and ANF?

S2 Clementine was 11, in S3 she was 13.

That might be a dumb question but how much time is there between S2 and ANF? Because in S2 she already is a badass survivor. Which 11 old

• Same here.
    Plus, David, Kate, and especially Gabe provided enough of an aura themselves that Javier didn't really need to feel too complicated himself. I just wish there was much more interactivity, serialization, and determinant "chemistry" to really make the most of it.

I enjoyed ANF but that's because I was able to roleplay as if I were Javi so the predetermined relationships didn't come across as forced to me. I don't really like Clem's personality in ANF though

• I don't really like Clem's personality in ANF though

You mean the personality of a pissed off python?

I enjoyed ANF but that's because I was able to roleplay as if I were Javi so the predetermined relationships didn't come across as forced to me. I don't really like Clem's personality in ANF though

• I enjoyed ANF more than I thought I would given how I played it after the whole Season was released and was fully aware of the fans disappointments...

Admittedly it could've been better in places, but I did like some of the new characters like Javier. Interacting with Clem from the outside was interesting, but kind of a cop out given how we're pre-disposed to be nice to her and ally with her at all times :P

• edited October 2018

Figuring it out based on her age:

S1 Clem starts the season at 8 years old and then turns 9 before Ep.5
    S2 Clem is 11 years old
    ANF Clem is 13 years old and starting to enter maturity (that awkward conversation she has with Javier about 'you know what' is the dead giveaway)
    S4 Melisa Hutchinson reckons Clem is about 17 years old

That might be a dumb question but how much time is there between S2 and ANF? Because in S2 she already is a badass survivor. Which 11 old

• Guess it goes to show the power of HYPE and it's opposite.

kind of a cop out given how we're pre-disposed to be nice to her and ally with her at all times

Even though the story was seemingly always more interesting because it didn't want to do that.

HazzatheMan posted: »

I enjoyed ANF more than I thought I would given how I played it after the whole Season was released and was fully aware of the fans disappoi

• Guess it goes to show the power of HYPE and it's opposite.

Indeed.

Even though the story was seemingly always more interesting because it didn't want to do that.

I suppose so. Tbh there were 1 or 2 times I sided against Clem :P

DabigRG posted: »

Guess it goes to show the power of HYPE and it's opposite. kind of a cop out given how we're pre-disposed to be nice to her and ally w

• Like the time she 'accidentally' blew a guy's head off to prove he gave her bad bullets?

Guess it goes to show the power of HYPE and it's opposite. Indeed. Even though the story was seemingly always more interesting because it didn't want to do that. I suppose so. Tbh there were 1 or 2 times I sided against Clem :P

• Yep

Ghetsis posted: »

Someone asked this in another AMA too, was it you?

• It's about Christa and someone with an S.

What? Just so that our questions don't collide.

• It is probably worth noting that this is the Skybound Games lead, correct? So since there are no actual people from Telltale in the AMA, so there's really no point is asking these kinds of questions. I might be wrong, but I think this is just a fun, interactive way for Ian to explain the whole situation in all its depth to everyone.

It's about Christa and someone with an S.

• What more evidence do you need? You're home, go drunk.

Sir_Tubs posted: »

no hope

• Don't feed that troll guys...

• I’ll feed u ?

Gauss99 posted: »

Don't feed that troll guys...

• Just wait when the episodes comes out. Then he will feel pretty stupid

What more evidence do you need? You're home, go drunk.

• No I liked that scene. I would've done the same, guy was a class-A dick! :P

acturis posted: »

Like the time she 'accidentally' blew a guy's head off to prove he gave her bad bullets?

• Yeah, I got a feeling that's

another disappointment waiting

It's about Christa and someone with an S.

• Skybound Games will have AMA on reddit sometimes this week, so prepare some juicy questions :smile:

• He actually deserved it. She could have died because of the bad bullets. Just because one bullet out of 5 does work, makes him not good :P

And about the "badass" Clem in ANF. Clem survived 4 years on the road. There is no place for a soft girl, she has to be tough. And in addtion to that she wants to get her AJ back, she get's even more furious. And that is what she needs to be. In the world of TWD you can't stay soft. Kids have to grow up really fast. Just look what AJ became and he is just a little kid.

And besides that. I thought that Clem was pretty cool in ANF because she was badass but still got humor. She jokes a lot with Javi if you do it right. Just for example:
    And there are plenty more.

But still I am really exicted for the new episodes in TFS. But also I am really sad because those will be the two last episodes we ever see from Clem's story. As I heard that Telltale closed etc. I just needed to replay every season for nostalgia reasons... but it made me even more sad :/

No I liked that scene. I would've done the same, guy was a class-A dick! :P

• Well this may be reaching a bit too far but... MAYBE Skybound could do more Seasons if they wanted to? I mean I highly doubt they would continue with Clem's story but I can't see why another survivor can't be an option.

He actually deserved it. She could have died because of the bad bullets. Just because one bullet out of 5 does work, makes him not good :P

• edited October 2018

That's what I been thinking, but the problem is that since telltale is done, and skybound doesn't actually have its own company that makes games (They are publishers/licensing). They would have to create their own from scratch or end up buying telltale. I guess it depends on how well finishing this season turns out.

Well this may be reaching a bit too far but... MAYBE Skybound could do more Seasons if they wanted to? I mean I highly doubt they would continue with Clem's story but I can't see why another survivor can't be an option.

• Funny thing, I thought exactly the same.
    But I thought about continue the Clem story. Why? Because it is a damn money maker.
    Look how popular Clem has become. It would be kinda stupid for Skybound not to think about that.

But even if they don't, I am really happy and glad that they finish TFS. I'm really gratefull that all that passion from the dev's of telltale get's the attention they deserve.

Well this may be reaching a bit too far but... MAYBE Skybound could do more Seasons if they wanted to? I mean I highly doubt they would continue with Clem's story but I can't see why another survivor can't be an option.

• Maybe a good continuation of Javier's story? Would be nice if it's more linked to the comics (with Jesus and all)

• Again, Skybound most likely fund projects. I'm 90% sure TFS will be worked on from Telltale offices with Skybound funding the project. So, it is perfectly possible for more games actually, but I feel like Skybound would just buy telltale and become its publisher.

That's what I been thinking, but the problem is that since telltale is done, and skybound doesn't actually have its own company that makes g

• Because it is a damn money maker.

So they thought. Little did they know..

Funny thing, I thought exactly the same. But I thought about continue the Clem story. Why? Because it is a damn money maker. Look how popu

• Absolutely with the first statement.

Again, Skybound most likely fund projects. I'm 90% sure TFS will be worked on from Telltale offices with Skybound funding the project. So, i

• Whoa, no I haven't. But I can say it's pretty understandable. Also hearing how shitty staff were being treated at their work was shocking. I always envisioned a Telltale workspace as a place where devs would jump for joy in the morning to go to.

EbiManami posted: »

Did you see the tweets where someone vandalized the google spreadsheet with all the Kofi links and started putting James and Clem stuff on it? It's honestly sad to see how awful some people can be.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.