Episode 403 Waiting Thread - Releasing Jan 15th, New Trailer, Rated by Australia

Comments

• If I were Skybound, I would try to build a completely new studio to fill the void that was left by the closure of Telltale. Make those story-driven games with the franchises of Skybound. I'd dig that.

• Would be cool.. I was really looking forward to Game of Thrones Season Two.. I knew if Telltale was intact, they would make it after the final season of the show. Hopefully HBO picks that games up and Netflix would pick up Stranger Things.

GSSalvador posted: »

If I were Skybound, I would try to build a completely new studio to fill the void that was left by the closure of Telltale. Make those story-driven games with the franchises of Skybound. I'd dig that.

• Just imagine what they'd do given the proper motivation...

Then again, I know that The Walking Dead is one of the franchises that Skybound has rights to. I don't know about any others.

If I were Skybound, I would try to build a completely new studio to fill the void that was left by the closure of Telltale. Make those story-driven games with the franchises of Skybound. I'd dig that.

• Jeez, I didn't realize that a joke like that would result in a Waiting thread closing ?. I guess I'll leave that talk to discord..

• There are all the comics created by Robert Kirkman.

Outcast, Invincible etc.

They could even do completely original stuff.

BigBadPaul posted: »

Just imagine what they'd do given the proper motivation... Then again, I know that The Walking Dead is one of the franchises that Skybound has rights to. I don't know about any others.

• what does spiffy mean?

To whichever Twitter user asked Skybound that question in the DM's, maybe try asking Bill Willingham on Twitter if something could be arrang

• Super Dinosaur 'Telltale' game! I wouldn't buy that.

There are all the comics created by Robert Kirkman. Outcast, Invincible etc. They could even do completely original stuff.

• Me neither.

I'd definetly buy it, though.

Ghetsis posted: »

Super Dinosaur 'Telltale' game! I wouldn't buy that.

• So, today is the day where Skybound talks with the ex-devs, right?

I wonder when we will get some more news.

• I shoved him out the window without a second thought :P

Rankles75 posted: »

Still surprised only about 22% of people let Abel leave with some food in Episode 1 tbh. I had little hesitation in doing so on my first play through, because I just couldn’t see Clem risking AJ’s life in that situation

• :open_mouth:

Morgan? Is that you???

MrGraffio posted: »

I don’t kill

• They’re both owned by Warner, who I think at this point are the best chance of getting WAU2 and more Batman out there.

I think Vertigo is seperate from DC, but it's still owned by DC.

• It literally means "Smart in appearance"

what does spiffy mean?

• It’s gone.... oh god.... they deleted my discussion!

• No shit. Who are 22% foolish enough to trust a bandit in the apocalypse?

HazzatheMan posted: »

I shoved him out the window without a second thought :P

Jimayo posted: »

No shit. Who are 22% foolish enough to trust a bandit in the apocalypse?

• Man... it sucks being banned :D

• Sucks even more when I’m trying to devise a plan to get you idiots unbanned but just won’t risk it ?

NexusFire posted: »

Man... it sucks being banned

• Why you guys keep being banned? Mrgraffio and DabigRG are banned all the time lol
    I guess I'm missing something, but whatever...
    I hope TFS will be available on steam stores again, and especially I hope they will fix game ratings, because before TTG announcement, game had like 94% positive reviews, but after 21th September it started to go down.

NexusFire posted: »

Man... it sucks being banned

• What was your dicussion about? I don't think I saw it.

It’s gone.... oh god.... they deleted my discussion!

• I'd say Melton and Dan(insert lots of numbers) get banned even more, but whatever. Anyway! I agree.

Gauss99 posted: »

Why you guys keep being banned? Mrgraffio and DabigRG are banned all the time lol I guess I'm missing something, but whatever... I hope TF

• edited October 2018

Nah it's not accurate. Not everyone goes to forums and votes on those polls. You need to get choices stats from all people that played like it's done usually.

MrGraffio posted: »

there was a thread that someone made strawpoll.me of the ep2 choiches and it could be kinda accurate

• There's a new article from Variety with an interview with Skybound with some interesting takeaways. With the most important one being this:

While the sudden closure of Telltale Games could be interpreted as a sign that narrative-driven games aren’t profitable, Murray said that Skybound still believes in them. He also said the company continues to examine ways to tell more stories from “The Walking Dead” using the same sort of gaming approach.

“We believe in narrative games,” he said. “We believe in story games and we will continue to tell the best stories we can around ‘The Walking Dead.’”

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/skybound-telltale-the-walking-dead-2-1202973863/

Seems like they do indeed intend to continue making story-driven games in the The Walking Dead universe. I really hope they open up a studio for these kind of games with ex-Telltale employees.

• edited October 2018

Tbh I would've been done with TT's TWD after Clem's story finishes but I am interested to see Skybound's (hopefully new and unique) take on a story-driven Walking Dead game

There's a new article from Variety with an interview with Skybound with some interesting takeaways. With the most important one being this:

• Hopefully we might get the stand-alone Lilly game exploreing her life after she left lees group up to TFS episode one

• edited October 2018

Or Kenny between S1 and S2, if you remember when Clem and Kenny were talking inside that Ski Lodge, Clementine asked Kenny what happened to him, he said he got lucky and then he closed his eyes and stayed silent for like 10 seconds before talking again and explaining that he met Sarita and so on.
    I bet he had some shitty experiences between S1 and S2 before meeting Sarita.

donmike84 posted: »

Hopefully we might get the stand-alone Lilly game exploreing her life after she left lees group up to TFS episode one

• Oh god, please no prequel games explaining what happened to certain characters between seasons.

It really doesn't matter.

• I honestly would have GoT s2 or TWAU s2 or Bman s3 than another Walking Dead game.

• I wonder when the season pass will be up for sale again on the digital game stores

• I bet we'll know more by next week. There's still moving parts. While the original script writers and lead director are on board with the game, we don't know how many actual people who go into making the game (art, choices, etc) are coming back. So once all that gets sorted out and they can kind of get started with wrapping up episode 3 and beginning work again on episode 4, it will come back on sale.

donmike84 posted: »

I wonder when the season pass will be up for sale again on the digital game stores

• I'm like 90% certain TFS is the last Telltale game from TTG and Skybound. They are just finishing the contract, and they want to see Clem's story finished (per their own release). I doubt they want to continue paying the team aside from this story. Who knows though, maybe TFS gives Skybound an incentive to keep making choice driven games.

• Hoping it’s not a big delay for Episode 3, considering it was reportedly about 90% complete when TTG went tits up

• I'd say like a 2-3 weeks delay, maybe even less

Rankles75 posted: »

Hoping it’s not a big delay for Episode 3, considering it was reportedly about 90% complete when TTG went tits up

• I'm gonna go ahead and predict a release late November/early December.

I'd say like a 2-3 weeks delay, maybe even less

• Something like that

I'm gonna go ahead and predict a release late November/early December.

• Well I got banned only one time, because of... something .

Gauss99 posted: »

Why you guys keep being banned? Mrgraffio and DabigRG are banned all the time lol I guess I'm missing something, but whatever... I hope TF

• It was “tell me your gender or I will touch your Oompa Loompa.” Lol

What was your dicussion about? I don't think I saw it.

• Inspired by the thread that I co-created?

It was “tell me your gender or I will touch your Oompa Loompa.” Lol

• Yeah those kind of threads don't end well, trust me, I know.

It was “tell me your gender or I will touch your Oompa Loompa.” Lol

• edited October 2018

Yes. I took the torch, and... well, I tripped like five feet away from the start.

Melton23 posted: »

Inspired by the thread that I co-created?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.