The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Done, and happy birthday.

lottii-lu posted: »

In about a hour it's going to be my birthday so all of you are obligated to upvote THE FUCK outta everything I post uwu

• Just started playing Dying Light, looking about an hour or so in and like it so far, seems to be a sort of zombie version of Fallout, but with less freedom. For any of you who have played it, any advice, no spoilers please.

• He's just wishing it 4 years early. Happy 18-ness!

Thank you dex! However, imma be 18.

• Oh, but you have the control. As the holder of the sacred candy bowl, you decide what and how much to give, and those who desire its contents will do anything you ask!

(Not really.)

Melton23 posted: »

When somebody knocks on my door for Halloween I stand right the hell up and either slide under the bed or hide upstairs cos I’m a massive coward when it comes to trick or treaters for some reason ??

• edited October 2018

Don't expect anything from the story. But if you finish the game and enjoyed it I highly recommend getting the expansion, The Following. It plays a little differently, with the player having to rely on vehicles to get around places rather than parkour but the story is much better but has a more controversial ending(s).

Just started playing Dying Light, looking about an hour or so in and like it so far, seems to be a sort of zombie version of Fallout, but with less freedom. For any of you who have played it, any advice, no spoilers please.

• I have The Following and was going to play it when I was done with the main campaign. Thanks.

lupinb0y posted: »

Don't expect anything from the story. But if you finish the game and enjoyed it I highly recommend getting the expansion, The Following. It

• Happy birthday, Lottii!

In about a hour it's going to be my birthday so all of you are obligated to upvote THE FUCK outta everything I post uwu

• It's like GTA 5 ocean. Woah, fat angler fish! (Sorrry, I drunk) They better put whale-like creatures in the game! Though, I'll never buy it!

AChicken posted: »

New No Man's Sky stuff if anyone is interested.

• Thank you Metallica!

Done, and happy birthday.

• Smart thinking on dex's side. Also thanks!

WarpSpeed posted: »

He's just wishing it 4 years early. Happy 18-ness!

• Thank you! uwu

Happy birthday, Lottii!

• edited October 2018

Nice choice.

There's a full skill tree involved so you're really the master of your own decisions here. Combat/crafting-oriented and a Parkour-oriented one. They level up induvidually by killing zombies and parkouring, respectively.
    If I were to give any tips as to what is integral and useful from it, [it's been a few months since I played it myself so it's a bit foggy] I'd definitely pick up the stomp move (as it's something that you can use to instantly kill knocked over zombies). A lot of the parkour skills will be useful, particularly the roll move you can do after landing.
    Oooh, and get the dropkick move. Definitely get that one. It's wonderful.

Night is great to get double XP, but I'd stay clear from venturing out there too much in the early game. Zombies become even more powerful, and there are super zombies who will chase you up any building.

As I'm sure you'll find out, you're pitifully weak at the start of the game. My advice would be to avoid too much combat with large groups of zombies, as they take too many hits and you'd be overwhelmed quickly. You can probably make it through crowds of them by running through, and climbing the environment to your advantage.
    Blue piles of garbage bags, open large trash containers and awnings of shops and houses will break your fall from any height. Car roofs do this too but I think there's a height limit to them.

Last thing: upgrade your weapons with mods you find(stats boost) and enhance the ones that you like with powerful status effects, always have some spare Metal Parts to repair your weapons when they break (only takes one part to repair one weapon), make A BILLION lockpicks, and be sure to scavenge everything. Your Survivor Sense is your best friend to find mutated zombies and all the supplies around your immediate vicinity.

I'm probably missing some things but it's been a while.
    Haven't played any of the main game DLC missions or the Following, so if I decide to get back into the game anytime soon, I'll be sure to let you know of anything important.

Man, I didn't mean to create a whole guide here... Sorry. Just play the game how you want, you should figure it all out fine.

Just started playing Dying Light, looking about an hour or so in and like it so far, seems to be a sort of zombie version of Fallout, but with less freedom. For any of you who have played it, any advice, no spoilers please.

• I remember wen you could still get full level throgh the itme dumpication glish.( still drunk) I went from 1 legendary levl to max level in no time when I figured it out. I could one punch zombies wihout weapons. Ultimatly, I still liked Dead island better.

Nice choice. There's a full skill tree involved so you're really the master of your own decisions here. Combat/crafting-oriented and a Pa

• Never heard of that strategy (and not going to use it!) but I'm not too surprised there's ways to cheat the system.
    Heck, I know that there's a whole community of boosters who help noobs. They go into their games, give them one or two of their high-level end-game weapons and leave.

I remember wen you could still get full level throgh the itme dumpication glish.( still drunk) I went from 1 legendary levl to max level in

• edited October 2018

zombie version of Fallout, but with less freedom.

U W0T M8?
    Hehe it's fine. I've never played a Fallout so this comparison is lost on me.
    there's a higher freedom of movement tho!!

• yeh those costumes can be p scary.

Melton23 posted: »

When somebody knocks on my door for Halloween I stand right the hell up and either slide under the bed or hide upstairs cos I’m a massive coward when it comes to trick or treaters for some reason ??

• that reminds me i should pick up some toilet paper and eggs.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Oh, but you have the control. As the holder of the sacred candy bowl, you decide what and how much to give, and those who desire its contents will do anything you ask! (Not really.)

• I rewacthed Corpse Bride for the first time in, like, 8 years and I nearly cried. This is still the perfect piece of animation. I remember when I was small, I used to watch this shit EVERY DAY literally and always weeped in the end. My parents were terrified lol. Big thanks to Tim Burton for introducing me to high quality animation.

• big day! party like crazy ?

Thank you dex! However, imma be 18.

• i still haven't seen that! i keep putting it off. i watched nightmare before christmas tho and rly liked it. they look p similar.

I rewacthed Corpse Bride for the first time in, like, 8 years and I nearly cried. This is still the perfect piece of animation. I remember w

• Nightmare Before Christmas is amazing too. But I really suggest watching Corpse Bride. And Coraline, if you haven't yet.

sarahsenpai posted: »

i still haven't seen that! i keep putting it off. i watched nightmare before christmas tho and rly liked it. they look p similar.

• It’s been exactly one month since I joined the Telltale forums, and I should’ve done it a long time ago because I was able to meet a lot of great people on here in the Telltale community.

Thank you for being an awesome community everyone!

• That's something else I've been meaning to watch as well.

I rewacthed Corpse Bride for the first time in, like, 8 years and I nearly cried. This is still the perfect piece of animation. I remember w

• Happy birthday!! 0w0

• Oh, I watched that last Halloween too! I didn't cry but it was good.

• Thank u 0wo

Ghetsis posted: »

Happy birthday!! 0w0

• Nice. I didn't expect you to get into zombie killing games that isn't TWD. My advice would be to focus on upgrading your skill trees so you can buy a grappling hook, it will help you climb buildings faster.

• There's a grappling hook? Awesome!

AronDracula posted: »

Nice. I didn't expect you to get into zombie killing games that isn't TWD. My advice would be to focus on upgrading your skill trees so you can buy a grappling hook, it will help you climb buildings faster.

• I have a very spooky avatar for Halloween.

• here I got a spookier one

I have a very spooky avatar for Halloween.

• edited October 2018

Just finished season 1 of Hilda. I loved it!

It's just so adorable and heartwarming! The soundtrack is really good as well (nice and soothing), the characters are all very likeable, the art style in general is really appealing with some really exceptional backgrounds, lots of cool neat creature designs, and legitimately good voice acting with Hilda being the standout.

I have nothing but praise for the show and all the people who worked on it. I cannot wait for the second season! If you're a fan of animated shows like Gravity Falls, Adventure Time and Over the Garden Wall I highly recommend it but be aware that it is much more lighthearted and it doesn't have an overarching story line.

• edited October 2018

Hey I found one too!

no? just me? ok

Cocoa2736 posted: »

here I got a spookier one

• edited October 2018

it doesn't have an overarching story line.

I'd say it has a lightly overarching storyline! Some are more connected, others not so much.

• Some themes and characters get many returning moments.
    • The last 4 episodes are pretty overarching in terms of foreshadowing and character conflicts.

I'd say this is an overarching episodic series. It has a more enjoyable balance here than I found Disenchantment to be (as I expected something overarching for most of that)

• Episode 1+2 is essentially one big chapter (that leads into Hilda moving). Troll Rocks get featured a lot. The Marra have multiple appearances in the show, one near the start, a few more at the end. The Raven comes back near the end, too. The mysterious Librarian is a recurring character and a powerful force in helping Hilda.
    • The whole Hilda-Frida conflict affects multiple episodes near the end. The Black Hound is teased for about 3 episodes. The Nisse essentially have a two-parter. Hilda and her lies about Scout Badges brews tense moments near the end of the show.

Maybe I'm just misinterpreting your comment. Sorry.
    I agree with your little review wholeheartedly!

EDIT: Trailer for those who want it.

Just finished season 1 of Hilda. I loved it! It's just so adorable and heartwarming! The soundtrack is really good as well (nice and soot

• My country is going to be screwed in a few years if students are this dumb. I sat the exam today assuming that fictional names were used. Either these kids are too stupid to notice that the suburb on the exam is completely fictional, or they're of the "just a prank bro" school of thought. In either case, it would be a small justice if these morons get ATAR scores below thirty.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/it-was-weird-vce-exam-sitters-asked-to-analyse-rant-about-hipster-cafe-20181031-p50d4h.html?fbclid=IwAR1ljp0rU2XnLgn6TgDTgrTEzizHlrpo1J2xQTqAyz6URAJWVuGk38LO5L0

• Happy Halloween everyone! ?

• Probably should have clarified what I meant by overarching plotline :p

I meant more like there isn't some sort of event each episode is leading up to or a villain of sorts.

it doesn't have an overarching story line. I'd say it has a lightly overarching storyline! Some are more connected, others not so mu

• edited October 2018

Lol fuck. So I helped order a friend an Uber the other day to the airport and about 40 minutes later he says that I should cancel the trip because the "Uber broke". So naturally I assume the car broke down and I ask him if he can give me a full explanation so that I can claim a refund of $50. I just claimed the refund today with Uber contacting me and apologising for the incident and that they'll look into it with the driver.

So just in case I ask him for details like where the car broke down and how far it broke down from the airport. He replies back, confused about what I'm talking about. I explained that I should get his side of the story in case the driver decides to refute my claim. Then he says the car didn't break down. The app did. The app broke when they got to the airport and the driver apparently told him to cancel the trip.

And I fucking panic. I just asked for a $50 refund for a completed trip. That's when I look back at the messages and realise how much of a clusterfuck they were. My friend didn't explain to me what happened. ANOTHER friend who had also assumed the car broke down did. That friend told me to just write that the cab broke down and I had mistaken his message for the other friend.

So lots of misunderstandings all around. Goddammit.

• I finally beat the Valkire queen in God of War, Santa Monica made a WAY WORSE boss fight than a Souls one.

• here I got a spookier one

g̶e̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶s̶p̶o̶o̶k̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶h̶o̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶c̶h̶i̶l̶d̶h̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶d̶o̶p̶t̶e̶d̶ @ADuck

Hey I found one too! no? just me? ok

• This is so sad Alexa ask Uber for a ride to Baskin Robbins

Lol fuck. So I helped order a friend an Uber the other day to the airport and about 40 minutes later he says that I should cancel the trip b

Sign in to comment in this discussion.