What Are You Currently Watching?

Comments

• I didn't know you were Canadian. Then again, I don't know you at all :D . Do you guys really say "ay" a lot?

AChicken posted: »

Avatar's on Canadian Netflix, my friend... 3 seasons of it.

• AChicken is watching it for the first time, but he's probably going to see your comment. So you might want to put a spoiler tag on it.

Dex-Starr posted: »

Sorry, I thought you were rewatching it.

• He most likely saw it already.

AChicken is watching it for the first time, but he's probably going to see your comment. So you might want to put a spoiler tag on it.

• I LOVE that series. ^_^ Korror was great too but the first series with Avaratar Aang were fantastic, its like mash of westen cartoon, with Asian myths, element magic and marshell arts - with tones of side stories and drama thrown into it. The side characters were well delvoped and design

Finally finished a few lingering shows on my plate, so now I can focus on new stuff. @MetallicaRules Edit: Three minutes in and I'm already laughing! Quality show! Great animation too!

• I use to love this show. Don't think I Missed a single one when I was younger; forgot most of what went on. Might have to take a trip down memory lane sometime.

Finally finished a few lingering shows on my plate, so now I can focus on new stuff. @MetallicaRules Edit: Three minutes in and I'm already laughing! Quality show! Great animation too!

• Yeah, I did see it.
    But luckily I quickly forgot about it. I don't know what or who it was talking about.

Though, I still see that the comment is back there so... If you could please spoiler tag it, that would be greatly appreciated.
    We're on a new page here, so I don't see myself returning to page 2, but just in case... Pretty please?

He most likely saw it already.

• For your information, it's spelt "EH".

and actually, this show does a good job at representing Canada. This is how it all looks up here!

As for your question... Well... That's quite the mystery, eh?

Nah, I'm kidding. It's nothing like how I just described. It's basically the same as the U.S. but nicer :smirk:
    No worries though, it always gives me a warm fuzzy feeling everytime some uncultured swine clueless person brings up Canadian stereotypes. Oh boy, 'How I Met Your Mother' had some great moments...

I didn't know you were Canadian. Then again, I don't know you at all . Do you guys really say "ay" a lot?

• Hey, it's Sokka and his flying sister Katara.

For your information, it's spelt "EH". and actually, this show does a good job at representing Canada. This is how it all looks up here!

• WATCH THIS SHOW IT'S ON NETFLIX
    IT IS QUALITY THE ANIMATION. IS. FANTASTIC.

I've only seen the first episode and I love it.

It's quirky, it's cute, it's charming.
    (if you like Adventure Time or Gravity Falls or maybe even Over the Garden Wall, you might like this. I've heard of a lot of comparisons to those three shows... I wouldn't know though! Never seen any of them!)

• edited October 2018

Finished the show a few days ago.
    I can tell you it's worth it.

It's a bundle of mature stuff presented in a wonderful animation style, and is not cringy at all. I dare say it's one of if not the best kids show out there, and it doesn't have to be for kids (yo. I'm a legal adult.)

It's mysterious and supernatural and realistically endearing (The Hilda + her Mum relationship is perhaps the greatest animated parent/child relationship I've ever seen. So open, so trustworthy, so supportive.)

@lupinb0y speaks the truth too.

WATCH THIS SHOW IT'S ON NETFLIX IT IS QUALITY THE ANIMATION. IS. FANTASTIC. I've only seen the first episode and I love it. It's qu

• If you like this I absolutely recommend watching either of the shows you mentioned. But if you don't have time for a long form television series then you need to at the very least watch Over the Garden Wall. It's an eight episode miniseries with each episode being ten minutes long. If you have an hour and a half of free time give it a watch!

WATCH THIS SHOW IT'S ON NETFLIX IT IS QUALITY THE ANIMATION. IS. FANTASTIC. I've only seen the first episode and I love it. It's qu

• Yeah, Hilda is pure perfection. Such a great and beautiful show!

• The third season of Daredevil. It's really good, might even beat the first season which was already amazing.

• Just finished Sharp Objects. Heavy stuff, but the editing and acting is something incredible. The ending still haunts me.

also I may or may not have a crush on John Keene he's such a sweetie

• Just finished season 3 of Mr. Robot.

OOOOooohhhh booyy

• I just finished binge watching the first season of Orphan Black,that show is fucking amazing.

• I don't know if this is the right place, but Netflix just released the first trailer for Kingdom, a Netflix Original series from Korea about a zombie-outbreak during the Joseon period. It premieres on 25th january.

As a fan of The Walking Dead and a sucker for everything related to zombies, this is definetly an instant day-1 watch for me. It also has a pretty big budget, so it will at least look good. A second season has already been confirmed.

• finished 13 reasons why. kinda had mixed feelings up until the last few eps. it was great overall and i think it's super important for people to watch because of the issues it addresses. but damn that's a messed up school.

• So i finished Orphan Black season 2 and i'm on season 3 right now i just finished episode 6

Damn rip Paul,he went out like a badass.

• edited November 2018

I agree. I love how blatant and straightforward it was, there was no shying away from the graphic and real details.

I also relate so damn much to Clay's character and his life.

Not sure how I feel about season two tho, I havent finished it yet, but it feels like its lost its sense of direction.

sarahsenpai posted: »

finished 13 reasons why. kinda had mixed feelings up until the last few eps. it was great overall and i think it's super important for people to watch because of the issues it addresses. but damn that's a messed up school.

• i didn't really relate to any char too much. maybe hannah and a lot of what she was feeling and what she did with the tapes, but not her personality.
    season 2 was p good, but not like s1. it goes further into what consent means which was nice to see. the whole hallucination hannah thing wasn't really working for me but they had a kinda nice closure to it later on. and the actress said she won't be in s3 so they can move on. but the ending..

the ending to both trials really annoyed me. especially bryce's sentence. what made me even angrier was when i looked it up online and the actor playing bryce said it was similar to an actual case irl. then for some reason i decided to read about it and it made me even angrier.

Acheive250 posted: »

I agree. I love how blatant and straightforward it was, there was no shying away from the graphic and real details. I also relate so damn

• im watching the final episode of adventure time

• Has anyone seen the show Neo Yokio from last year?
    It's not great, but it's fun to watch in a so-bad-it's-good kind of way. (Jaden Smith plays the protag, and most of his lines sound like the metaphysical tweets he's been memed for)

Anyway, it was an enjoyable show for me so I'm surprised and glad that apparently it's getting a Christmas Special this year. It's no season 2 but... It's something!

• I watched a few clips of that show awhile back, I’m surprised someone knows about it. The voice acting reminds me of an abridged series. :D

Has anyone seen the show Neo Yokio from last year? It's not great, but it's fun to watch in a so-bad-it's-good kind of way. (Jaden Smith pl

• Just started watching The Young Pope (happy birthday to Jude Law!) and two episodes were enough to capture me.

• I'm currently watching the final season of A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix and I can't stop thinking about how interesting it would've been if Patrick Warburton played Negan in the The Walking Dead show. Sure, most people will remember him as Joe Swanson Family Guy or even Vasquez fro Tales from the Borderlands, but I think he can definetly play someone truly menacing, like he sometimes does in A Series of Unfortunate Events.

My favorite choice for Negan would definetly be Vincent D'nofrio, though. Ever since I saw him as Wilson Fisk in Netflix's Daredevil series, I honestly can't think of someone better suited for that kind of role.

• Damages. 2007 show. Great show still.

Glenn Close and Rose Byrne both kill it.

• Just finished Netflix's Russian Doll.

It's a great show. I'd recommend it. Finished it in just under a week, which is great and surprising since I really don't binge.
    Episodes are 30 minutes long, there's only 8 of them so they are each easily digestible in one sitting.

The time loop concept visits themes and dialogue not usually featured in these types of plots, and focuses more on the mystery of the event rather than the main character's selfishness or need to exploit the loop. It's more of a character-driven piece than one of pure sci-fi/supernatural stuff (though that does play a big part in the show, it's just not what I think is front and center in the end).

• Just finished binging Vikings. Amazing show.

• edited March 2019

This place is usually for TV shows, but I'm going to plug in an interesting YouTube channel I've found.

Brain Dump (or, by the name Hotdiggetydemon)
    It's an animated movie review series featuring characters, running jokes, and most recently continuity. Add in a dash of possibly controversial, but exaggerated opinions and there you have it. It's the 'Clickbatiest Show on the Internet' but it's not about the clickbait.
    (many of his opinions may be untrue as a lot of the episodes touch upon a lesson that relates to the content he is reviewing rather than the content itself. -- his negative Moana review may be actually about critics and how they aren't objective. His "Once Upon a Deadpool" review is a clever dig at the film's recycled release because the episode plot and conflict itself is a rehash of the last one. Eh, check the comments for the hidden meanings. They come up with good explanations.)
    Ohhh yeah, it's also mature with swears and a bit of gore in one instance so... That.

How 'Jokery' is Lego Batman's The Joker?

a general video on Dungeons & Dragons

Yup. Though, yeah, his content can still be (seem?) very opinionated but it's still interesting to watch regardless of whether i agree or not.

• Anyone heard or seen of this new show Love, Death and Robots on Netflix?
    It's a sci-fi live-action/animated anthology series. (Reportedly NSFW in nature, so maybe watch out.)
    trailer

Haven't watched any of it yet but I can say I'm intrigued.

• edited March 2019

Woah. The first episode has already got me hooked. If you don't mind the adult content, it's worth a watch for everything else.

You're going to like episode 2

Edit: Scratch that. LOVE this episode

Anyone heard or seen of this new show Love, Death and Robots on Netflix? It's a sci-fi live-action/animated anthology series. (Reportedly NSFW in nature, so maybe watch out.) trailer Haven't watched any of it yet but I can say I'm intrigued.

• I’m currently watching reviews of Alita: Battle Angel

• edited March 2019

Well, I saw the first episode and boy oh boy oh boy is it good. Fantastic animation (looked like that type of uncanny valley video game cutscenes style). It's got just the right amount of world-building that you want more of it once it's done. (I've heard a lot of episodes are like mini-pilots that could easily be turned into full-fledged series.)

Good thing about it being an anthology is that you can jump around as much as you want. I was then strapped for time so I watched a shorter story, the 17th episode, and it was a goofy take on killing Hitler in increasingly weird ways...
    It was a big tonal and animation shift from the last one, though that's the point I guess. But man, this show is just good to experience. Can't wait to watch more. Will watch Episode 2 later. The premise sounds fun.

EDIT: WHOA. Yuri Lowenthal plays a character in Ep 12 - FISH NIGHT!!

EDIT 2: Just watched Episode 2 - Three Robots. Really good one. Cute all around.

Woah. The first episode has already got me hooked. If you don't mind the adult content, it's worth a watch for everything else. You're going to like episode 2 Edit: Scratch that. LOVE this episode

• edited March 2019

Just finished this masterpiece of a French animated show: Wakfu!

Although my first experience with it was kind of short, given the fact I was browsing some foreign channels on my small TV back in 2011, I stumbled across this little thing and watched 2-3 episodes, and to be fair: I didn't understand literally anything at all (haha can't speak baguette) but it was lit as fuck until I forgot about it and found it online weeks ago after 8 years of totally not remembering it existed.

It's surprisingly a show based off a MMORPG game with the same title, and my thoughts about it:

IT'S AMAZING.

The character designs are the show's strongest point - they are nothing less than amazing. Even minor characters just shine with personality and originality. No two characters look alike, and all of them fit their personalities. The animation is also great - it's much, much smoother than most TV shows and even most feature films. Especially the fight scenes are usually a joy to watch. It's animated on ADOBE FLASH.

The script is well written, but most of the episodes are fillers, as almost every episode is a stand alone arc, but keep in mind every season has it's direction and plot goal, it's just that it doesn't get clearer until the last few episodes

The chemistry between characters is good, as is characterization. Sometimes it seems like the writers can't decide whether to be funny or dramatic and end up sort of in between, which kills both the humor and the drama.

The use of music is an area that could be much stronger. The theme song is perfectly good and epic, didn't skip it for the entirety of 3 seasons.

All in all, Wakfu is one of my favorite fantasy series; animation is incredible the story is absolutely top notch its literally has no major down moments BUT as soon as you're done with it you'll have a massive void in your heart that nothing will be able to fill because season 3 ended with a heartbreaking cliffhanger and Netflix basically said no Season 4 :pensive:

It has 3 seasons, 5 OVA's (3 are needed to be watched before going into S3) In Netflix and tv channel France 4,
    and maybe or maybe not also watch an enjoyable movie connected to the show by 1 character and it's just a prequel and nothing else.

oh and don't watch the english dub, ever because it fucking sucks ('cept for S3 where the producers launched a 40k dollar kickstarter to only hire a new english cast lol, S3's dub is good tbh)

P.S: It's not anime you weeb :rage:

au revoir, Yugo et amis :cry:

• I've had this show recommended to me on Netflix a lot.

Hmmm... If it is good, maybe I'll get to it... One day...

I gots some Avatar to watch. It's gooood.

Hersani posted: »

Just finished this masterpiece of a French animated show: Wakfu! Although my first experience with it was kind of short, given the fa

• edited April 2019

Recently started to look at Kaguya-Sama: LOVE IS WAR, some big new anime released recently.

It's a sketch comedy show about two highly-intelligent, respected students -- the heads of the student council board -- who are both in love with each other, but are too prideful to admit it. So, they engage in a series of crazy mindgames to make the other person confess their love first! What follows is funny hijinks, coincidences, close calls and third-party interference. It's part of Crunchyroll's free Winter anime catalog, but older episodes are going to expire soon, so act quick in watching the start!

It's got some great comedy, a cool narrator, a swooning and epic theme song, and great animation surprises.

• I decided to catch up on that new Star Trek show. I'm really starting to hate it.
    Michael Burnham is the worst Mary Sue I've seen in a long time. She's just so very special and just gets more and more special as the show goes on. It seems like the whole universe revolves around her.
    Bleh.

• I started watching Lost last week and i seriously want to punch myself hard for sleeping on it for so long and only watching it now.

It has some of the best character development i've ever seen,i also really like the mysteries and all that weird stuff going on the island but i already know they won't be able to explain everything so i'm not thinking about it too hard.

Anyway great show,watch it if you haven't already Sawyer best character and i'll see y'all in another life brothers ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Sign in to comment in this discussion.