Minecraft: Story Mode Netflix Waiting Thread - Episode 1-5 Available Now, Nothing About Ep 6-8 or S2

edited December 2018 in Minecraft: Story Mode

https://www.netflix.com/pl-en/title/80227995

Update (7.11): The game has disappeared from the site.

Update (7.11): Premiere is delayed, but not cancelled. No new release date.

Update (9.11): The game has returned to the site. No new release date.

Update (23.11): New release date announced: 27 November.

Update (23.11): New release date is not confirmed by Netflix's help.

Update (27.11): The game begins to appear on the site as available! When attempting to run in a mobile application, a connection error is displayed. Probably because of uploading the series.

Update (27.11): Episodes 1-3 are available! Episode 4 and 5 coming December 5. No support for Android.

Update (5.12): Episodes 4-5 are available! Netflix says that "all episodes available", no information about episodes 6, 7 and 8, or about Season 2.

Comments

• YES! YES! FINALLY!

• This is awesome news!; I know this is rushing it a bit, but, I wonder if Netflix will continue MCSM up to season 2. That would cool.

• So is this a brand new story or is it just season 1?

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the same date as S2 E4 came out...!
    Wow it's been a year already.

• It's the same first season. episode 1-4

So is this a brand new story or is it just season 1?

• I hope it will sell extremly well and save Telltale.

• It's weird having a game ported to netflix, but it kinda works here, telltale usually makes like these "interactive movies", and netflix did have an interactive puss in boots thing, in which you choose one of 2 options and the story changes (not really, one of the options is usually wrong), and I think minecraft story mode for netflix is perfect for this type of content.

I am curious in how the "free roam" sections of the episodes will work, but I think it might be "Do you want to go here? select option 1" "Do you want to go there? select option 2", I will try to see how it goes on the release date for my country (Which I wouldn't expect to see it anytime next to November 7th)

• I'm really hoping this helps telltale get money so they don't have to shut down

• I'm assuming it's gonna be a new story, but judging it right now, it might just be season 1

So is this a brand new story or is it just season 1?

• It won't help too much. They had to complete the Netflix version of Minecraft Season 1 because Netflix presumably paid them to in advance.

You should go off of the mentality that Walking Dead Season 4 is the last Telltale game.

I'm really hoping this helps telltale get money so they don't have to shut down

• How will it sell at all if it's on Netflix lol

I hope it will sell extremly well and save Telltale.

• I just read the report on Telltale published by The Verge and I'm not gonna lie, this is very saddening news.

I don't blame anyone, and I understand how this has all suddenly come around. You're probably right, we should assume that The Walking Dead Season 4 is the last Telltale game, which is very disappointing for me especially because I was hoping to apply to work for Telltale very soon.

Best of luck to you!

It won't help too much. They had to complete the Netflix version of Minecraft Season 1 because Netflix presumably paid them to in advance. You should go off of the mentality that Walking Dead Season 4 is the last Telltale game.

• Is it really free to play on Netflix tho? I thought you had to pay for it.

How will it sell at all if it's on Netflix lol

• Ik that walking dead will be telltale last game, but it never hurts to hope

It won't help too much. They had to complete the Netflix version of Minecraft Season 1 because Netflix presumably paid them to in advance. You should go off of the mentality that Walking Dead Season 4 is the last Telltale game.

• I don't remember Petra saying something about choices. Or a choice to either help Lukas, or follow Gabriel.

• Yeah, they added some choices, new scenes and character lines! That's super cool.

matteso586 posted: »

I don't remember Petra saying something about choices. Or a choice to either help Lukas, or follow Gabriel.

• The trailer on Netflix just increases the hype #hypetrain #wootwoot

• Bad news. First post updated.

• Thanks Linkyop for the information. It's appreciated.

• First post updated.

• First post updated.

• edited November 2018

At least it still has a 7 at the end

• First post updated.

• What annoys me is that Netflix didn't provide an explanation for the delay.

• First post updated!

• First post updated!

• Cool, i just need to get a netflix subscription again, and see the new stuff!

• First post updated.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.