Marvel's Spider-Man PS4 Discussion

Comments

• ok last one

• This will always be the best Spider-Man theme to me.

• Finally, I got through a Spider-Man DLC that didn't have a huge amount of bugs. And I have to say, of the three, this was certainly the best one, and I had way too much fun doing it in the Raimi suit.

• Just finished the DLC and unlocked all the suits. Out of all three, I think this was the best one, it was more challenging, I wore the Raimi suit through the entire DLC and the final boss is easily the better than the one from Turf Wars.

Now, speaking of The City That Never Sleeps DLC, I have to admit: it was a little bit disappointing in terms of Hammerhead's story arc, the price for each DLC (I don't think it should have cost that much if it takes less than 2 hours to finish each chapter), the suits and the length. Most of the suits from the DLCs are kind of average, especially the ones from Heist. The best ones they put are the comic Iron Spider armor, Spider Armor MK1 and Into The Spider-Verse suit. The rest are either ok or just not very interesting, it would have been better if they instead added:

Future Foundation

Superior Spider-Man

Unlimited Spider-Man

The story was ok at the best, the base game is still the best out of all, obviously. I think the purpose of the DLC was to set up the characters like Black Cat, Yuri Watanabe and maybe Silver Sable for the sequel more than telling Hammerhead's story. All three of these characters had most of the development in each chapter. It still could have been done better but it doesn't take away all the huge praises for the main game, it's easily the best Spider-Man game of all time (I wish I could have played Spider-Man 2 but I don't have a PS2 anymore). I will forgive Insomniac for their take on these average bonus chapters because they gave us the Raimi suit which is surprisingly one of the best in the game.

Heist = 7/10
    Turf Wars = 8/10
    Silver Lining = 8.5/10

TCTNS = 7.5/10

• Just The Facts about Silver Lining

• Black Cat and Silver Sable make me really hate the Mary Jane/Peter relationship they are way more interesting plus Mary Jane hooking up with Peter has been done to death.

• What about Gwen Stacy?

Black Cat and Silver Sable make me really hate the Mary Jane/Peter relationship they are way more interesting plus Mary Jane hooking up with Peter has been done to death.

• But isn’t that like saying Peter Parker himself was done to death? These characters are supposed to have certain attributes that make them them, one of Peter Parker’s motivations for his characters just so happens to be Mary Jane, and in some occasions Gwen Stacey, just like Tony Stark’s is and always has been his parents.

Black Cat and Silver Sable make me really hate the Mary Jane/Peter relationship they are way more interesting plus Mary Jane hooking up with Peter has been done to death.

• Think we are too far ahead in the timeline now for her. Maybe an Arkham Origins style prequel could feature her.

What about Gwen Stacy?

• Listen man we already know how this is going to end she'll divorce him then Black Cat will be like "lol" you had your chance:

Melton23 posted: »

But isn’t that like saying Peter Parker himself was done to death? These characters are supposed to have certain attributes that make them t

• Was thinking about the potential sequel story line and something occurred to me. A lot of people are assuming Peter Parker is going to die at some point (presumably by Venom) then Miles Morales will takeover. But what if Insomniac take it a slightly different direction from the Ultimate Spiderman story line? Aka we play a good chunk of the game as Miles Morales then he gets killed off in the second game or it's sequel due to taking on a threat too hardcore for him such as Venom or Carnage?

• That could work.

Think we are too far ahead in the timeline now for her. Maybe an Arkham Origins style prequel could feature her.

• edited December 2018

They’d already split up, it’d make literally no sense if they did that again

Listen man we already know how this is going to end she'll divorce him then Black Cat will be like "lol" you had your chance:

• edited December 2018

In the Sam Raimi Spiderman movies Mary Jane split up with Peter or cheated on guys in every movie. She had a lot of flings or relationships throughout that trilogy lmao.

They’d already split up, it’d make literally no sense if they did that again

• edited December 2018

Well they were never together in the first movie, in the second they were a thing, but that only officially happened at the end, with the buildup happening through the whole movie, up until 3, where they broke up and eventually got back together, in the brief periods where she wasn’t with Peter she was with Harry. So not once can I notice a single instance where she cheated on Peter or broke up with him more than once

In the Sam Raimi Spiderman movies Mary Jane split up with Peter or cheated on guys in every movie. She had a lot of flings or relationships throughout that trilogy lmao.

• edited December 2018

First movie: She was dating the college douche ditches him for Harry, kisses Spiderman (who she doesn't know is Peter at this stage) then confesses her love for Peter.
    Second movie: She is now proposed to some astronaut dude despite confessing to Peter in the last movie. She splits up with astronaut dude and becomes a thing with Peter.
    Third movie: Mary Jane kisses Harry then proceeds to get angry when Peter kisses Gwen as Spiderman so Mary Jane dumps him then Peter is like "enough is enough" and decides to get his sweet revenge by dating Gwen Stacey and hitting on several other characters. Then finally at the end of the movie Mary Jane and Peter are seemingly a thing again.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=YZHE9nL8mZQ

Well they were never together in the first movie, in the second they were a thing, but that only officially happened at the end, with the bu

• I think that video thumbnail technically classes as uploading hentai to the forums cos I can see those MJ nipples clear as day

First movie: She was dating the college douche ditches him for Harry, kisses Spiderman (who she doesn't know is Peter at this stage) then co

• I literally stood infront of their building and just stared/ate breakfast for 10 minutes on the way to the final mission. Any help would be appreciated, assholes. On an unrelated note, I'm so glad to see so much love for Raimis Spiderman. I grew a tumor reading gamespots article about how The new Spiderman came from the worst incarnation of it.

bloop posted: »

ok last one

• I love the web-slinging scenes near the end of the first two Raimi films, they’re such a classic.

• Literally, just using this music to get me hyped into playing Spider-Man again after Christmas.

I literally stood infront of their building and just stared/ate breakfast for 10 minutes on the way to the final mission. Any help would be

• Spiderman was the best comic film since Batman Returns, and Darkman. That's not saying much but it also says ALOT, considering how great they were. Spiderman remains a great trilogy(the first two, at least).

bloop posted: »

• I'm playing through Turf Wars right now and I'm so glad this isn't part of the main game. At least the enemies.

The minigun guys of the last DLC were an annoying addition to combat, and the flying, zipping shield guys of this one are too. I'm trying to take out some bases and wow is it hard to beat. The shields start charging around the place, leaving trails of electricity in their wake all the while there's almost every other enemy type who has super gadget-disableing weapons on them.
    Basically, every Sable-tech based enemy is always the worst and these are no exception.

• I've played about an hour of the DLC and I think that the best way to beat the shield dudes is to get in their face so their dash attacks aren't so effective. Hit their shield a few times to get them to flinch, then jump behind them and hit them in the back. If they try to hit you in the air, do a swing kick into them to daze them then get a quick air combo on them. For the heavy weapons try using swing kicks partnered with the Stormbolt Discharger to stun them, then use a finisher to quickly take them out.

I've been having to keep combat focus on a lot because of all the people shooting at me, but I'm trying to switch to quad damage to take them out before they can shoot again.

AChicken posted: »

I'm playing through Turf Wars right now and I'm so glad this isn't part of the main game. At least the enemies. The minigun guys of the l

• edited December 2018

I’ll stick to the Spider Clan outfit.

I’m so close to finishing the Silver Lining DLC I can taste it. Just need to catch Screwball to finish her off and get the last outfit and newspaper...but I can’t manage to catch her. Having trouble keeping up with her while also doing her photobombs at the same tim

• NANI!?

AronDracula posted: »

Spider-Man PS4 became Japan's Game of the Year. https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/12/26/spider-man-ps4-favorite-japanese-developers-famitsu/

• edited December 2018

Okay, so I just finished Turf Wars.

• Sable Tech is annoying.
    • Still don't understand how to properly stun Miniguns (webs seem to do nothing despite how they get tangled up)
    • Good Story (but no Spider Cop! ?)
    • Screwball is extremely annoying and I just want her to get locked up already.
    • That dang cliffhanger at a significant moment... Again. Ugh.
    • Oh yeah the suits in this are pretty fine. I'm digging the Spider Clan suit.

All in all, I thought it was worth 10$, but the combat and challenges were a bit too difficult and repetitive. Those Stealth challenges are a new breed of evil.
    Luckily I haven't experienced as many (or as similar) bugs on this chapter than I did in The Heist, but that may be because they were ironed out later. Not to say I didn't experience it though. There was one cutscene where sound effects were delayed, luckily it wasn't a big story scene.

On to Silver Lining then!

• Just warning you, the combat doesn't get less repetitive in the next DLC. But if you can stick it out, I think you will like what you get from the rest of the DLC.

AChicken posted: »

Okay, so I just finished Turf Wars. * Sable Tech is annoying. * Still don't understand how to properly stun Miniguns (webs seem to do

• Alright, so I finished Silver Lining.

• Great set pieces in this chapter.
    • More interesting, varied enemy bases (no more industrial factories)
    • Screwball gets caught, finally.
    • Great Miles conversations and setups.

This DLC is probably the most enjoyable, though I think this story branch has one less mission than the last one. It was much better though.
    I have to say that I'm kinda weary that Insomniac set up a bunch of sequel stuff in this DLC. The Miles mentoring you could get away with, as that was already touched upon in the main game's post-credits, but it's pretty weird (for base game players) to have

Yuri set up as a new villain entirely in the DLC. Most of her tragic transformation took place between Chp. 2-3 of the DLC. I wonder how they'll address that later.

Welp, I've got 100% meaning I unlocked the ITSV suit.
    Time to recreate this photo.

• edited December 2018

I tried my best. This is what I've got so far.

It's pretty hard to get a pose similar to that of the movie's (I had to do a perfectly-timed swing and photo mode freeze to get at least this) and it's hard to get the right distance to get a thin, modern-looking building and interesting background lighting for it.
    Can't really get that blue hue at night, as the 'Cool Blues' filter just darkens Spidey's costume too much. So, you'd need to find some source of light in the air, which I could not. I just ended up using Filmic Colour, and I'll try again another day.

• … !

https://twitter.com/MarvelGames/status/1082774846298177536 Heavy breathing intensifies!

• Trying... Not... To raise.... Expectations... Too much.

Having this announcement just be for a FF-styled suit would still be cool for me. Future Foundation is a good one or even the Bombastic Bag-man.

https://twitter.com/MarvelGames/status/1082774846298177536 Heavy breathing intensifies!

• It better be Fantastic and not Fant4stic.

• Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: The Telltale Series

• You and 90% of players chose “Pizza Time.”

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: The Telltale Series

• Imagine that if you fail a QTE and you get this message "Spider sense will remember that".

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: The Telltale Series

• Forget QTEs I'd want Choose-your-own-quips!

AronDracula posted: »

Imagine that if you fail a QTE and you get this message "Spider sense will remember that".

• The Japanese trailer for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is so dramatic, I love it!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.