What made The Wolf Among Us unique - a video essay

Hello to anyone who's still alive in there! I haven't been here for a long time but I wanted to pop in and drop a little video essay I have released about TWAU. I started working on it back in September of the last year so the fall of Telltale messed up my original script a little which forced me to rewrite and re-record a lot of stuff. Anyways, I hope you'll enjoy!

Just a note of warning: I am not a native english speaker and I am well aware that my accent and pronunciation are awful so I went to the trouble of adding captions in case anyone will need them. Constructive criticism is always welcome aswell! That's it, have a good day!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=nOm0o9ikXno

Comments

• edited February 2022

lets hope season 2 still somehow happens homie

really good video to my man

• This was a really interesting video essay. Thanks for sharing!

• edited February 2019

That was a great video don't worry about your accent and pronunciation it's fine for the most part.

This is probably my favorite telltale game i've replayed it god knows how many times and i hope we'll get a good Season 2 one day (maybe the new AdHoc studio could make it at some point in the future? who knows).

I wasn't really disappointed to not have the sequel Telltale announced because to be honest i felt like it was going to be a dumpster fire,from the moment we saw the "funlab leaks" i knew something was wrong and then a few months later after telltale went bankrupt we learned that the game was only going to have 3 episodes heh..no thanks.

It still sucks that we're not getting it but i'd rather not have the sequel if it was gonna be bad and wait for another better company to make it one day.

• Thanks for the response guys, it was actually kinda nerve wracking getting this thing out there and the reception is nothing but positive <3

@iFoRias Yeah I totally agree about that I'd rather have no sequel than a bad one. It was a point I brought up on this forum a few years back actually (before S2 was announced) and it feels like Telltale biting the dust before releasing a half assed Season 2 might be actually an upside... still hopeful that someone else will pick up the rights one day.

I might do more videos about TWAU in the future, thanks again for the response and inspiration!

• edited December 2021

Sadly yes, Wolf 2 sounded like a mess. 3 episodes long, Telltale devs thought it would be canned even if they didnt shut down, the Funlab leak thing. It would have been super disappointing.

I hope one day its saved, and I would really hope its by Ad-Hoc. They also already expressed interest in doing it so I really hope they managed to make it a reality.

iFoRias posted: »

That was a great video don't worry about your accent and pronunciation it's fine for the most part. This is probably my favorite telltale

• About AdHoc, there are a number of concerns about them being able to do this. Perhaps they could do it how Skybound did TFS, getting all the devs in a studio with the necessary equipment and the Telltale Tool working on the game with Skybound paying them. AdHoc don't have access to the Telltale Tool, they'd have to buy the IP, and if it were to be remade from scratch I have a feeling it would lose a lot of its original magic. Kinda like ANF. The look and feel of a game counts for a lot.

Plus it's apparently easier to make a choice based game with the Tool because the programming base structure is already done. With another engine it would take a lot longer but it could have cooler features like a more immersive Rockstar Games-esque free-roam, potentially reaching a wider audience which results in more sales.

Poogers555 posted: »

Sadly yes, Wolf 2 sounded like a mess. 3 episodes long, Telltale devs thought it would be canned even if they didnt shut down, the Funlab le

• To be fair, I don't think that using the Telltale Tool would be a good idea. Telltale was already planning to drop it and switch over to Unity after TFS, and I think continuing in that engine would be far better. It has an extensive support, is fairly easy to work with and it wouldn't be actually that hard to re-create the visuals of TWAU as it is really a matter of doing the textures and models in the same manner and producing a set of shaders. Totally doable, they could even port the models straight from TWAU and build upon those (like they did with TWD remaster, not recreate the characters completely but instead just raise the polycount and texture resolution on the existing models)

Ghetsis posted: »

About AdHoc, there are a number of concerns about them being able to do this. Perhaps they could do it how Skybound did TFS, getting all the

Sign in to comment in this discussion.