Help me give this community a good send-off.

Telltale is dead. The Walking Dead is ending. This forum's days are numbered.
Whether this place goes under on the 26th, soon after that date, or even 2 years after that, I'm sure this place will slowly disperse and discussion will die soon after the end of TTG's legacy.

And I want to do something for (or with) the community before that happens. Problem is, I don't know what.

Should I hold some kind of forum-wide game giveaway, letting people donate and/or sign up for raffles of them?
Should I organise some fun awards thread so users can recognise the people they value the most in the forum?

I'm not too sure. I know that I want to do something around here because I appreciate this place and its people a lot.
Throw me a few ideas if you have any. It's just a thought for now.

Comments

• edited March 2019

@Poogers555 should make a video after the last episode comes out for the forums or whatever,remembering the good days,you know.

But i'm not sure what you could do,maybe have a huge game giveaway yeah.

• What sucks is how there aren’t any alternatives. Reddit sucks and so does Discord.

• Poogers did one back when it was closed, although knowing him, he probably wouldn't mind doing another one.

iFoRias posted: »

@Poogers555 should make a video after the last episode comes out for the forums or whatever,remembering the good days,you know. But i'm not sure what you could do,maybe have a huge game giveaway yeah.

• Honestly the one thing that needs to salvaged from these forums is the "Details" threads for each game.

• Alright. I've decided.

I'll open up a game giveaway thread, whoever wants to donate a game code they've got can request to be put on the list, and whatever we got by next week after TWD S4E4, I'll open the gates of the raffle.

• Discord is kinda dead at most, Every time I checked there it’s like a ghost town.

Dex-Starr posted: »

What sucks is how there aren’t any alternatives. Reddit sucks and so does Discord.

• Depending on what server you’re in. The one i’m in is active 24/7

Discord is kinda dead at most, Every time I checked there it’s like a ghost town.

• there's probably like 50 threads that need to be salvaged, but if I had to choose one I'd agree with you on that one

Honestly the one thing that needs to salvaged from these forums is the "Details" threads for each game.

• This isn’t much better, because when the server is constantly active, you can’t catch up and it makes you feel left out. I don’t even bother going there now, although I miss the forums.

Dex-Starr posted: »

Depending on what server you’re in. The one i’m in is active 24/7

• Shoutout to dojo32161 for making those in the first place!

Honestly the one thing that needs to salvaged from these forums is the "Details" threads for each game.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.