The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• That's nice. (I noticed that the first episode is 23 minutes, but every episode after that is only 13mins. Kinda made me do a double-take, for no significant reason tho)
    I'll be glad to get around to watching it, then... whenever that happens.… that is, once I clear up my plate of shows. The Office, finale of Stranger Things 3, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Avatar.... so much stuff so little time.

Metallica my dude if you're reading this, I'll be watching more ATLA soon. I've developed a schedule this week that I plan to stick to, with watching the next two episodes tomorrow.
    lupinb0y posted: »

On a lighter note I finished season 1 of Twelve Forever and had a good time with it. The main characters are likeable and go through some pr

• edited August 2019

(I noticed that the first episode is 23 minutes, but every episode after that is only 13mins. Kinda made me do a double-take, for no significant reason tho)

There are a few animated shows that do that where the premiere is double the length of the usual episode. It's not often but it happens. The Ducktales reboot had a 40 minute premiere episode with the following episodes being 20 minutes in length.

The Office

Oof. I stopped watching it halfway through Phyllis's Wedding because it was too painful. I'll probably get back to it eventually though.

AChicken posted: »

That's nice. (I noticed that the first episode is 23 minutes, but every episode after that is only 13mins. Kinda made me do a double-take,

• edited August 2019

Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj. Cool show on Netflix, delves into the data about various social and political issues around the world (usually revolving back to the USA).
    Yesterday's Season 4 opener was about the Video Game industry and the huge problem of worker burnout/crunch, among other things.
    One of the notable companies involved in this scandal -- obviously -- would be Telltale. And Hasan interviewed Emily Grace Buck about her thoughts on the depressing September 21st, 2018. (starts at ~4:50) ...Not all that much new here though.

• You might want to check some of the discussions in r/TheWalkingDeadGame before you completely check out. I've seen a few recent ones that might strike your fancy. Sometimes there is this event where people vote to eliminate WD things off of a list starting with the worst and finishing with the best. The current ones going on is for one-off characters (Minor Characters) and one that just started for saddest death scenes.

DabigRG posted: »

Whelp, I'm on Reddit now. Trying to decide whether I completely make my severing ties to TWD complete.

• Hm...I'll give it a look.
    I've been looking through at least Attack on Titan stuff thus far and if I may comment on Reddit itself for a second, I couldn't help but notice how simultaneously messy and over-organized it's layout is.

You might want to check some of the discussions in r/TheWalkingDeadGame before you completely check out. I've seen a few recent ones that mi

• edited August 2019

TWD Definitive Series is now avaliable for digital pre-orders! We've got just over a month until its out.. I'm excited!

PS4 users can once again get an exclusive theme (Clementine's Treehouse) for pre-ordering on digital.

As for Nintendo Switch:

Additionally, Skybound Games will rerelease the second and third seasons of the series—The Walking Dead: Season Two and The Walking Dead: A New Frontier—on Nintendo Switch via the Nintendo eShop on September 10, letting Nintendo fans download each of the four The Walking Dead seasons with new graphic black enhancements and many other improvements individually.

• decided last night that I'm way too fucking negative (also I say fuck too much) about everything despite life handing me some p dope opportunities in so I'm very sorry for being a huge prick and I'm gonna be super positive to the best of my ability from now on

• Okay, so I just learned that Reddit will automatically delete any comments you made if you're a new user for the first week.
    What. The hell.

• edited August 2019

Still a little too dark at certain points in my opinion but I like that they added more clutter and foliage to the environment along with switching some of them to higher quality versions (the trees, grass, hay bale, etc). Also that model viewer at 0:36 is some goofy stuff. They also changed the name of the remaster to The Telltale Definitive Series which is a nice tribute.

Can't wait to get my hands on it!

TWD Definitive Series is now avaliable for digital pre-orders! We've got just over a month until its out.. I'm excited! PS4 users can

• You've been away for so long, I demand you watch all the episodes AGAIN. I await your rewatching of The Boy In The Iceberg.

That's nice. (I noticed that the first episode is 23 minutes, but every episode after that is only 13mins. Kinda made me do a double-take,

• Hey Gearbox, 2K, and Randy Pitchford, may I make a suggestion: STOP SHOOTING YOURSELVES IN THE FOOT!

Seriously guys, come on. SupMatto is one of the most popular Borderlands channels on YouTube, and you send two goons to his house. How does this make you look good? Along with everything else you've done and said, from Epic exclusivity to abuse allegations by former employees, to continuing to have Randy Pitchford as your CEO, this is egregiously horrendous. I just want to simply play and enjoy Borderlands 3 when it comes out, why do you insist on making me regret buying it.

• They brought back the glass shard!!! It's already a million times better than the remaster for that alone.

TWD Definitive Series is now avaliable for digital pre-orders! We've got just over a month until its out.. I'm excited! PS4 users can

• It's not relevant, but Randy Tudor. Good man. Damn fine man. Powerful 'stache. One of the greats.

Hey Gearbox, 2K, and Randy Pitchford, may I make a suggestion: STOP SHOOTING YOURSELVES IN THE FOOT! Seriously guys, come on. SupMatt

• edited August 2019

They brought back the glass shard!!!

Wait a minute what

Where is it in the video

I MUST see it with my own eyes.

@lupinb0y They also changed the name of the remaster to The Telltale Definitive Series

Wasn't it always called that? I'm sure of it...
    Skybound was always listed as main publisher/developer on the box art, but the word 'Telltale' was always in the title.

EDIT: Yeah, It was always called that.
    https://www.skybound.com/games/telltales-the-walking-dead/tellale-definitive-edition

They brought back the glass shard!!! It's already a million times better than the remaster for that alone.

• At about 1:01

They brought back the glass shard!!! Wait a minute what Where is it in the video I MUST see it with my own eyes. @lupinb

• Oh welp, I guess for some reason I'd been reading it simply as The Walking Dead Definitive Edition the whole time.

They brought back the glass shard!!! Wait a minute what Where is it in the video I MUST see it with my own eyes. @lupinb

• The Definitive Edition automatically gets a 10 outta 10 from me.

By ChipperClegane

• The fact that 2K agreed with Take-Two to send private investigators to SupMatto's home, ask him questions about the leaks, take down his Discord channel along with putting 7 copystrikes on his videos when he is also promoting Borderlands 3 is just plain stupid. Also really annoying that 2K is defending their 'necessary actions' against SupMatto by saying "Not only were many of his actions illegal, but they were negatively impacting the experiences of other content creators and our fans in anticipation for the game." Like what the hell.

Hey Gearbox, 2K, and Randy Pitchford, may I make a suggestion: STOP SHOOTING YOURSELVES IN THE FOOT! Seriously guys, come on. SupMatt

• They just copyrighted dozens of videos on SupMatto's YouTube channel, which means he's at serious risk of losing his YouTube channel now.

Menofthe214 posted: »

The fact that 2K agreed with Take-Two to send private investigators to SupMatto's home, ask him questions about the leaks, take down his Dis

• edited August 2019

Jesus, another student jumped from the same university building at my campus. This time they survived though, but their condition at the moment is unknown. Hopefully they make it through and get help, also hopefully no one else tries to jump again.

• i've said it once and i'll say it a million times, the american education system is a complete fucking joke. student debts, overworking people, constant societal pressures, it's all in service of a fucked up system that couldn't give two shits about mental health care. the fact that this is becoming a regular occurrence where you are is disturbing and there's no one to blame but the system that made them feel low enough to give everything up. i really hope they're gonna pull through and get the help they need. nobody deserves to be at their lowest point, nobody.

Jesus, another student jumped from the same university building at my campus. This time they survived though, but their condition at the moment is unknown. Hopefully they make it through and get help, also hopefully no one else tries to jump again.

• Just so you know I'm in Australia (as an international student), but yeah some of that still applies here. It's feels really surreal, especially since the semester just started. At the very least the university is offering free counselling and are encouraging people to call several support hotlines (if needed) which is good.

i've said it once and i'll say it a million times, the american education system is a complete fucking joke. student debts, overworking peop

• I watched Shazam just yesterday. I think it's my favorite DC movie and I don't really care much for DCEU.

• edited August 2019

I drew Bigby Wolf.

Not entirely happy with how I did the shading on the shirt but I spent like four hours on this and I'm tired.

• I think the shirt looks nice 👌

I drew Bigby Wolf. Not entirely happy with how I did the shading on the shirt but I spent like four hours on this and I'm tired.

• Rip telltale D:

• I am 14 years old and I made my telltale account in 2017 oof

• edited August 2019

Family is out on a trip to Newfoundland for the past week. I was with them last weekend to New Brunswick for a family reunion, but had to fly back Sunday for my job.

The week's been good. Taking care of myself, taking care of the family dog, the house, etc.

Came back from my usual afternoon dog-walk today to find 2 dead birds in the backyard. One limp on a table, one mangled up in a bin.
    It was probably a cat that did it (though unfortunately I don't know any cats in the neighbourhood who leave dead birds in their wake, let alone set foot in our backyard).

So.... Yeah... I had to clean up and trash 2 bird corpses today. Uuugh.
    I'm not cut out for this stuff. (the one bird was so tiny!! :cry:)

EDIT: and before you ask, no, it wasn't my dog that did it. She's cooped up in the house all day when I'm out, with no escape method.

• Finished watching the long awaited animated series Infinity Train. It's very good, however it doesn't reach the heights of Over the Garden Wall, another mini series by Cartoon Network. Ashley Johnson does a good job of voicing Tulip and the same goes for Owen Dennis/Jeremy Chrutchley for One-One and Ernie Hudson for Atticus. Not to mention the surprising number of celebrity voice casts in the show (Ben Mendleson and Ron Funches being a couple examples).

For me the story really picks up half way through the season, when more of the drama and stakes begin to pop up. The first half is good, not great but they are a fun bunch of episodes. The ending itself feels a bit rushed as well which is disappointing. This really makes me wish that they had a few more episodes to really build up the final episode. Aside from that I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Overall, while I don't think it fully lives up to the hype, I really enjoyed it and highly recommend it. Can't wait to see what they have in store for season 2. I could see this show being Cartoon Networks new flagship series.

Melton23 posted: »

I think the shirt looks nice 👌

• Disney is going to reboot Home Alone and I'm just

• edited August 2019

So is "Hoes mad" the new "You fucked up my argument and I can't think of a proper retort so fuck you"?

• Why would you reboot something that is already perfect?

AronDracula posted: »

Disney is going to reboot Home Alone and I'm just

• edited August 2019

Same could be said with Psycho, Ghostbusters and more classics. I swear, Disney is running out of ideas. The only thing they do right is the career for Pixar and Marvel Studios.

Why can't they just do something like Dredd? Remake a bad movie and just make it better. Dredd is the best example for that, despite bombing at the box office (Probably due to bad trailers).

Why would you reboot something that is already perfect?

• so everyone kinda always goes off about how spectacular spider-man is the pinacle of marvel cartoons and one of the best spidey interpretations, so i decided to revisit it for the first time since i was a kid to determine how true that actually was. and it's pretty good, yeah, but uhhhh, did anybody actually watch season 2?

don't get me wrong, season 1 is nearly flawless. the drama is strong, the pacing is excellent, the animation is stellar and each plotline reaches a fulfilling and non-rushed conclusion. and while season 2 starts off strong, the second half is really bad. the animation, storylines and pacing take a nosedive in quality right after the venom arc finishes up. green goblin is rushed in and out, the gang war has no place being in the season (despite the finale to that arc being the best episode of the season), molten man feels kind of disjointed and out of place, and there's a lot of subplots that just kinda get dropped for no reason. it really felt like the showrunners didn't want to do the sinister six, venom and green goblin again and just rushed an unfinished product out so they could get to mister negative, carnage and hobgoblin, but unfortunately never did due to the disney merger.

it's unfortunate because episodes like shear strength, identity crisis and gangland are massively overshadowed by half baked boring concepts like final curtain, subtext and probable cause. it's especially confusing considering season 1 was broken up into 3 main storylines that are all given room to breathe and all greatly serviced the show's overall themes and purpose, and when elements from those plotlines cross into other plotlines it all fits really well. but when in season 2 green goblin shoves himself into the gang war arc or venom pointlessly shows up in episode one, it feels less like build up to later events or reincorporation when it's eventually revealed, and more like "hey guys did you see that i bet something pretty cool is gonna happen"

overall season one was super strong and a joy to come back to, but after season two until i'm proved that greg weisman didn't become a hack, maybe it's best season 3 never got to see the light of day. at least we got spider-verse.

• edited August 2019

i feel like if i was even surprised when disney did shit like this anymore this would sting a lot more but now i think i've just gone fully numb. inb4 disney remakes alien and back to the future. screenshot this fucking reply mark my god damn words it'll happen

edit: just googled to see if i was an idiot and yep back to the future is universal sorry for being a retard

edit2: but just you wait because you won't be laughing when disney remakes mrs. doubtfire which is a fox property. once that happens it's all over for y'all mother fuckers

• Ngl but I really like reboots. As long as they stick to the source material, probably the reason why I couldn’t even finish watching the new ghost busters

• Just like MetallicaRules said, why would you remake/reboot something that was already perfect to begin? Movies like Home Alone cannot exist in the modern day because of advanced technology.

Rebooting Home Alone would be just like remaking Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho and you already know how that garbage turned out.

Melton23 posted: »

Ngl but I really like reboots. As long as they stick to the source material, probably the reason why I couldn’t even finish watching the new ghost busters

• edited August 2019

Just finished watching Rocko’s Modern Life: Static Cling. As a fan of the original cartoon it was great. It’s very much the original series but in 2019, and much like how the original show lampooned problems of the 90’s, the special does the same with the 2010’s such as technology, reliance of nostalgia and certain social issues that I’m sure has a certain group of people up in arms.

The voice acting is great as per usual and the animation is nice and fluid. It still has some of that 90’s gross out humour and adults jokes. I kinda hope they end up doing some sort of limited series after this, something like 8-10 episodes. It does drag a bit here and there and not all the jokes hit me.

Like I said, there’s a plot point in the special that almost certainly has some people mad, but personally I thought it was a fitting inclusion and a pretty big step for Nickelodeon. I don’t think any other modern children’s animated series has done something like it before so kudos to them.

Overall, if you’re a fan of the original series go watch it, it’s pretty much the original show but 45 minuted in length. It’s a nostalgia trip done as well as you’d hoped.

• Like I said, there’s a plot point in the special that almost certainly has some people mad, but personally I thought it was a fitting inclusion and a pretty big step for Nickelodeon. I don’t think any other modern children’s animated series has done something like it before so kudos to them.

tbh i'm really proud of modern cartoons taking such a big step in better representation in media. cartoon network and nickelodeon have been doing great with mental health and lgbt rep, bojack horseman tackles fame and drug abuse in a very mature and realistic way, tuca and bertie uses surrealist humor to make women feel more comfortable about the very terrifying reality of adulthood and reaching your thirties, toy story 4 did a great job with representing the loss of self-worth and where to go from there, as well as tackling minor themes of gender dysphoria, and disney... uh... well beyonce was in the lion king?

jokes aside, i'm really proud of creators, both new and old, stepping up and making lesser represented people feel more comfortable with who they are. anybody who says old cartoons were better are on black tar heroin, because modern cartoons are just as well animated, just as emotionally resonant and just as important as they were back in the day. when the 2010s are over i think a lot of people are gonna look back realize we took shows like regular show, craig of the creek and even clarence for granted.

also that new rocko's modern life special is literally flawless no i dont take criticism 10/10

Just finished watching Rocko’s Modern Life: Static Cling. As a fan of the original cartoon it was great. It’s very much the original series

Sign in to comment in this discussion.