"News coming in the next few weeks about Telltale Games’ next project" INFO FROM TELLTALE CEO

"Ottilie expanded on this during the fireside chat, naming Sara Guinness, Telltale's former director of operations, to the same role in the new company."

"We've gotta stabilize the catalog and shore up the development pipeline," Ottilie said. "We're working with a group of artists, engineers, and QA folks that are former Telltale. They're being fairly compensated for every hour that they're with us."

"We held our breath for about 15 days and then the offer was accepted, but it was 700 pages of contracts to go through immediately after."

Ottilie and his team are also aware that fans are hungry for Tales from the Borderlands and Minecraft Story Mode to return to sale. He suggests we stay tuned for more info on those properties.

"Because the new Telltale Games is starting slow and methodically, it doesn’t yet have a publishing operation. The studio has contracted external PR and needs assistance coordinating with platforms and first-party. Athlon Games, a partner in the business venture, is filling that role for the time being on legacy Telltale Games."

"During the fireside chat, he said that news will be coming in the next few weeks about Telltale Games’ next project"

FULL ARTICLE - https://gamedaily.biz/article/1178/telltale-games-20-is-committed-to-a-healthy-non-crunch-culture

Tagged:

Comments

• Yayyyy they have a plan.

One question I have is: where is the money coming from? I've never heard of LCG Entertainment, so it's weird to me that out of the blue (or since early this year) they buy out Telltale, start hiring people already, and then have to sustain that for 6+ months until they release something.

Secondly, while I know Telltale Publishing was essentially a different branch, one wish I've got is that they at least keep the games already released on sale. The Mr. Robot-exfiltrati0n mobile game was removed from stores a while ago, and I missed out on getting it. I haven't seen Night School Studios (they developed it) do or mention anything about it, so the ball seems to be in Telltale's court.

• edited August 2019

re: where is the money coming from?

Investors. I think 4 or 5 of them were named in the press release.

AChicken posted: »

Yayyyy they have a plan. One question I have is: where is the money coming from? I've never heard of LCG Entertainment, so it's weird to

• Jamie sounds like he’s really passionate about this and wants to succeed. I’ve seen a lot of people say they’re just trying for a quick cash grab and they’re screwing people over by hiring only freelance, but it really doesn’t seem like it. And people complaining about the freelance stuff and not being able to hire every person originally from Telltale full time are unaware of the economic realities of this situation. They want to avoid the crunch and toxicity of the old Telltale, we’ll see through their actions, but their conviction seems genuine.

• A lot of these smaller articles provide a lot more light on the situation compared to the bigger ones (Forbes being an exception). This is all starting to sound rather promising. We'll have to wait and see but it won't be long now it seems : )

• While the Telltale Tool has been the backbone of many of the games in the company's catalog, Ottilie has no intention of going back to using it exclusively. Instead, he insisted that he will complete "the studio's transition to new technology for new products while maintaining the tool and the existing engine for the products that are already in the marketplace."

Aaaaaand the Telltale tool is still getting cut from the picture :^)

• It was planned to be cut before things went... bad, so I don't see the issue. I'll miss the old bastard but new tech is a necessity despite the experience had on it.

While the Telltale Tool has been the backbone of many of the games in the company's catalog, Ottilie has no intention of going back to using

• Not an issue! Just happy that they aren’t reusing it and plans to make these games on another engine (previously unity, now who knows) are still up!

It was planned to be cut before things went... bad, so I don't see the issue. I'll miss the old bastard but new tech is a necessity despite the experience had on it.

• Hiring a former exec in old Telltale sounds like a great idea.

• edited August 2019

Looks like she wasn't involved in any of the fallout.

According to a former employee, "Guinness was well-liked and respected at the old company and had no part in the executive decisions that led to the demise of Telltale."

Pre-LGC her job was focused on "on the platform and submissions side of releasing games," and now with their small size she'll be focusing on "everything from securing the Corte Madera office to making future plans for projects to staffing to IT matters to scoring rolls of paper towels when the office runs out.

Hiring a former exec in old Telltale sounds like a great idea.

• to scoring rolls of paper towels when the office runs out

Good to know. I've been in corporate headquarters of multi-billion-dollar companies that still haven't figured out this part.

lupinb0y posted: »

Looks like she wasn't involved in any of the fallout. According to a former employee, "Guinness was well-liked and respected at the old c

• Thanks for the clarification!

lupinb0y posted: »

Looks like she wasn't involved in any of the fallout. According to a former employee, "Guinness was well-liked and respected at the old c

• The thing about new owners they say all the right things at the time of announcements but time will tell if the new executives of telltale keep the promises

Sign in to comment in this discussion.