TWD: The 'Telltale' Definitive Series {Fall 2022 Ship Date - Level52 Statue}

Comments

• It would be nice for them to send the code first, like what they're doing for those who got the physical copy of the PC version.

AChicken posted: »

Right. I ordered the PS4 ver., so I'll be getting that disc.

• I'm not too into buying remastered editions of games (unless it's been a long time and I can no longer play it, which is not the case here), but, man, hoo boy, this looks a little rough around the edges.

• I'm sooo not buying those stupid remastered editions. They are ugly as hell, if not even worse than the first collection.

• That tractor and Katjaa are poppin.

GSSalvador posted: »

This guy got the physical edition earlier and streamed it on the Xbox One. twitch.tv/circuk From the first minutes, it looks way better

• The model viewer and all the other goodies look so interesting and fun to play with! Wish I could afford this so I could explore all the dev commentary and concept art by myself. Probably in the future so I’ll keep away from all that for now.

Does anyone have a playthrough so I can judge the visuals? Not that I plan on replaying these games for the next 5 years anyways, but still.

That S2 vinyl really had to have Kenny’s face stamped on it, huh?

• edited September 2019

The model viewer and all the other goodies look so interesting and fun to play with! Wish I could afford this so I could explore all the dev

• That guy on Xbox now played some of episode 2. The biggest problems with the Graphic Black style seem to occur in doors where it looks a bit weird. But other than that this is a far cry from the abysmal collection. They even fixed the stuttering between action scenes and the framerate is also improved. I remember the St. John's farm really struggling on the Collection. There are obviously still minor glitches, but I believe that's just the engine being "not great". I think the bad reputation this edition got is a bit overblown.

• Damn, gotta admit... the textures are pretty damn good.

That guy on Xbox now played some of episode 2. The biggest problems with the Graphic Black style seem to occur in doors where it looks a bit

• edited September 2019

The game just looks better and runs more consistent overall. There are only a few rare instances where it looks off due to the Graphic Black style or because of a glitch or a bug.

But it's a vast improvement over the Collection across the board. It may even surpass the original due to the improved performance, but I need to play it myself to be sure.

Edit: they should've cut the previously/next time on segments, though. They are pretty buggy.

BigBadPaul posted: »

Damn, gotta admit... the textures are pretty damn good.

• Lucky the definitive collection comes out 4 days before my birthday

• I'm not a fan of how the graphic black thing is up-close too (sometimes). In TFS it was only in the distance. But hey, it's basically The Walking Dead Among Us

That guy on Xbox now played some of episode 2. The biggest problems with the Graphic Black style seem to occur in doors where it looks a bit

• Cripes Untimely

• Fuck...
    It's not fucking funny.

DabigRG posted: »

Cripes Untimely

• Who has bought the definitive edition?

• edited September 2019

I actually can't believe this is real,Christ.

They even kept her old shitty model lmao

Cripes Untimely

• So they decided to represent Jane on a noose. Dang...

• I wonder if theres a Kenny car crash animation

MintBlue92 posted: »

So they decided to represent Jane on a noose. Dang...

• edited September 2019

I wonder there is a dab animation for, Jane hanging on a noose, Lee on the floor dying of Walker bite, and Kenny after the car crash and getting eaten walkers.

Poogers555 posted: »

I wonder if theres a Kenny car crash animation

• yeah my favorite parts of ANF! Im so glad I can now view them up close to really help me appreciate this horribly mistake in the story!

I wonder there is a dab animation for, Jane hanging on a noose, Lee on the floor dying of Walker bite, and Kenny after the car crash and getting eaten walkers.

• There is dabbing in ANF!? :D

yeah my favorite parts of ANF! Im so glad I can now view them up close to really help me appreciate this horribly mistake in the story!

• Sadly only the final season, the one thing Tenn ever did really

There is dabbing in ANF!?

• edited September 2019

I went to look for it and

:D

Sadly only the final season, the one thing Tenn ever did really

• Badger is looking good after the facial surgery courtesy of doctor Javier.

• Are some people getting the game early. I'm getting spoiled with these screenshots!
    Add spoilers many thanks!

• Jeez. Seems Skybound went all out for the model viewer. I only expected we'd get the main, main super important characters of each season, but we've even got Noose Jane and Headless Badger! Wtf?!!

MichaelBP posted: »

Badger is looking good after the facial surgery courtesy of doctor Javier.

• The trailer also showed AJ with an AK being held up by Lee, so hopefully there's plenty of other neat what ifs.

AChicken posted: »

Jeez. Seems Skybound went all out for the model viewer. I only expected we'd get the main, main super important characters of each season, but we've even got Noose Jane and Headless Badger! Wtf?!!

• edited September 2019

Someone asked will those who pre-order the physical copy for the PS4 get the TWD dynamic theme. Skybound responded they will be getting other goodies, but they never mentioned what those goodies are. And I can't seem to find that tweet or response.
    edit: found it

• edited September 2019
  • Nah man, what are you talking about? Clearly Skybound quickly brought back the Still Not Bitten team after hearing all the backlash, chained them to their computers and forced them to fix everything in two days!

Regarding a day 1 patch: https://www.twitter.com/skyboundgames/status/1171126742435524608 Told 'ya.

• edited September 2019

That was in their second tweet probably!

lupinb0y posted: »

Nah man, what are you talking about? Clearly Skybound quickly brought back the Still Not Bitten team after hearing all the backlash, chained them to their computers and forced them to fix everything in two days!

• Its only going to fix the fucked up next time segments, theres still going to be plenty of this

Regarding a day 1 patch: https://www.twitter.com/skyboundgames/status/1171126742435524608 Told 'ya.

• Criminy, wtf?

Its only going to fix the fucked up next time segments, theres still going to be plenty of this

• What makes you believe that the patch will only fix the preview/next time on segments?

Its only going to fix the fucked up next time segments, theres still going to be plenty of this

• Because that is what the tweet is referring to.

What makes you believe that the patch will only fix the preview/next time on segments?

• edited September 2019

Hey, make that 2nd picture into saturated black and white, and I'd say it looks like the comics.

Job well done.

That first picture tho is pretty bleh. Yeah, the game wasn't made for this kind of filter/design, but I'm fine in seeing how it looks. If they don't nail it, and if the option to turn it off doesn't cut it, there's still the untouched original games.
    The bonus features should be a nice addition too. I'm excited to hear what the developers thoughts and insight are in the commentary tracks.

• edited September 2019

When people say anything negative about the Definitive Edition

• edited September 2019

Same thing can be said for those wanting to be positive about it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When people say anything negative about the Definitive Edition

• edited September 2019

Skybound released a clip from the docushort that's included in the Definitive Edtion featuring the voice of AJ, Taylor Parx. I'm pretty shocked that it's literally just her voice. No change in pitch or anything.

Also the Definitive Edition has some pretty neat stuff.

• Because the Skybound account was asked about that issue specifically.

They didn't say "this is the only thing we'll fix."
    They said "the patch adresses many of these issues."

Because that is what the tweet is referring to.

• Why the fuck did they not change the shitty Kenny and Jane episode 1 flashback models? Even the collection did that

Sign in to comment in this discussion.