TWD: The 'Telltale' Definitive Series {Fall 2022 Ship Date - Level52 Statue}

Comments

• Reviews are popping up for the Definitive Edition. Outlets say it's working well, they enjoy the visual change, and that most of the usual bugs have been ironed out. (however there are still some unpredictable Telltale visual bugs that vary between user to user..)

• Eh. The only thing the collection did was darkening the beard a bit, which didn't matter all that much anyway since the model is just bad in general.

Thinking about it: I think they already darkened the bear with episode 4 of the original release.

Poogers555 posted: »

Why the fuck did they not change the shitty Kenny and Jane episode 1 flashback models? Even the collection did that

• This is the collection it uses the fixed model

GSSalvador posted: »

Eh. The only thing the collection did was darkening the beard a bit, which didn't matter all that much anyway since the model is just bad in general. Thinking about it: I think they already darkened the bear with episode 4 of the original release.

• Do people ever stop complaining?

• It does look better, but it's still so goddamn ugly.

But it's indeed weird they didn't use this. Probably an oversight.

This is the collection it uses the fixed model

• They left the shitty beard though. :'(

This is the collection it uses the fixed model

• edited September 2019

So... Since it's release day, and Skybound should be sending out the Guardian/Protector/etc. Discs seperatly, has anyone got an email about them starting to ship yet?

Also, I tried talking with Skybound about how I haven't gotten any of their update emails yet (like the one that says the Collector's merch is delayed), and asking if they had my order/email on file since I can't even find a receipt in my email (though the purchase is still linked to my acct.), and someone responded by telling me the merch was delayed and they'd ship out the disc seperately, only to close my ticket right after.
    Gee, thanks. I said I already knew that. Not what I asked.

• Yeah, Skybound's customer service has a lot to be desired for. I emailed them a few months back, and I got a very curt response to my issue, like they wanted to get it over with and done.

AChicken posted: »

So... Since it's release day, and Skybound should be sending out the Guardian/Protector/etc. Discs seperatly, has anyone got an email about

• edited September 2019

And I said yep, what a concept

• edited September 2019

They replaced a doll in season 2 with Disco Broccoli!

• edited September 2019

What platform did you get the game for?
    For those that got the PC physical version, they're sending out a digital code first so it can be downloaded from the Epic Game Store, while the physical disc arrives in the mail later on. Got my digital code as I wait for the physical disc.
    What did you write in the e-mail and what was your subject title?

So... Since it's release day, and Skybound should be sending out the Guardian/Protector/etc. Discs seperatly, has anyone got an email about

• edited September 2019

Okay, that's a cool detail I guess. Still doesn't warrant the cash grab remaster that's buggy as hell.

lupinb0y posted: »

• Still doesn't warrant the cash grab remaster that's buggy as hell.

Hasn't it already been confirmed at this point that the bugs were a pre-release issue and that the day one patch ironed pretty much most of them out?

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Okay, that's a cool detail I guess. Still doesn't warrant the cash grab remaster that's buggy as hell.

• I like it but I also hate it lmao

I like it because it works well for the scene but at the same time I think Disco Broccoli is fucking dumb. Really never thought my last moments of this series was going to be AJ talking to Disco Broccoli as he does a blade runner reference for far too long.

• They said the day 1 update already came out but videos are still showing the same bugs and weird lighting.

Still doesn't warrant the cash grab remaster that's buggy as hell. Hasn't it already been confirmed at this point that the bugs were a pre-release issue and that the day one patch ironed pretty much most of them out?

• "Han, muh boogie. "

• Isn't that box from season 2, at Sam´s campsite?

• edited September 2019

What platform did you get the game for?

I got it for PS4, so they should be sending a disc.

What did you write in the e-mail and what was your subject title?

I used the 'contact us' page on their website directly. (It then reroutes to an email conversation).
    I basically explained that [1.] I was concerned I hadn't got a previous email about an update concerning the merchandise delay, and wanted to know if they had sent it to the proper email (i.e. my account's email), [2.] that I was wondering when they would ship the disc (since it's out on Sept. 10, so I assumed they'd ship it for that date), and [3.] wanted to confirm if they had my order #blahblah on file.
    Only got an answer for the second query (shipping the disc), got an explanation about the first query I already knew about (that the products in the Guardian packs were delayed, and received no word about by third query.

MintBlue92 posted: »

What platform did you get the game for? For those that got the PC physical version, they're sending out a digital code first so it can be d

• Woops, you're right. Changed it!

Onmens posted: »

Isn't that box from season 2, at Sam´s campsite?

• edited September 2019

Go to your skybound account and note the order number. Use your order number as the subject title.
    Use bullet points so it's easier for them to read it.

What platform did you get the game for? I got it for PS4, so they should be sending a disc. What did you write in the e-mail a

• Phew, Skybound finally sent me an email detailing that the disc is on the way, shipping numbers and all.
    That eases my conscience. Their email service didn't forget about me!

• edited September 2019

I've downloaded the game from Epic Store and some of the bonus contents seems to be missing. All I'm getting is the music player, art gallery, and model viewer. How I turn on developer commentary and watch some of the videos into making the game. I can't find them anywhere. The total size of download was 49ish GB and inside the folder are just game files and nothing else.
    Does anyone know where it is?
    For those who has PS4, do you guys see commentary or any video clips?

• Forgot about me though

Phew, Skybound finally sent me an email detailing that the disc is on the way, shipping numbers and all. That eases my conscience. Their email service didn't forget about me!

• alright alright it's just a reference

I like it but I also hate it lmao I like it because it works well for the scene but at the same time I think Disco Broccoli is fucking du

• edited September 2019

Just found out about this,they've really put 0 fucking efforts into this it's unbelievable.

The bottom is the "remastered" version

You can find more on this guy's twitter

They even managed to bring back a glitch that the previous Collection fixed what a mess.
    You do what you want with your money but if you ask me the people that bought this got fucking scammed.

• eyes work well

iFoRias posted: »

Just found out about this,they've really put 0 fucking efforts into this it's unbelievable. The bottom is the "remastered" version

• Took ya'll long enough.

• If anyone pre-ordered this collection and felt disappointed, you deserved to lose your money.

Just found out about this,they've really put 0 fucking efforts into this it's unbelievable. The bottom is the "remastered" version

• Why didn't they just use the old menus?

• It still does not work on PS, so I am playing the collection again in the meantime.

• I don't even think a child complains this much, unbelievable :joy: So much for being "fans" or "Community", what an absolute joke...

• Sorry mate, but what makes this lazy?

• Is there ever a time where you don't complain? It just seems that you get some sort of kick for nitpicking the slightest thing they do. Can you not appreciate the effort, passion and care put in by the Devs instead of always criticizing every little thing they say or do?

I like it but I also hate it lmao I like it because it works well for the scene but at the same time I think Disco Broccoli is fucking du

• Isn't every single game in existence a cash grab? Saying this Collection is a Cash Grab doesn't automatically make it a big deal or worse than any other game. Skybound is a business, a business seeks to make money, they spent quite a lot to develop it, so of course they would be looking for cash. I never knew it was a grave sin for a business to spend millions to make something in hopes of making some money back...

• Loving it!

• edited September 2019

For some users the PS4 patch is still giving problems.
    As for me I still cannot see the Developer Commentary menu. I went to YouTube to get an idea of where it is, and all of them shows it's right under Season Select, but I don't have it. It's not showing up.
    I'm going to redownload and see if that works.

• I don't think skybound made any money from finishing the final season I assume like me you brought the final season under the telltale banner so the walking dead definitive collection was made with hope of making some money

Isn't every single game in existence a cash grab? Saying this Collection is a Cash Grab doesn't automatically make it a big deal or worse th

• I'm sure you have already did it, but it wouldn't hurt to contact Skybound about it. I am sure you aren't the only person experiencing this issue, so contacting them about it and being part of the crowd reporting the very same issue may lead to investigation from Skybound and hopefully, a future update fixing that issue. I hope you are able to access it soon mate

MintBlue92 posted: »

For some users the PS4 patch is still giving problems. As for me I still cannot see the Developer Commentary menu. I went to YouTube to ge

• edited September 2019

Yeah probably, I pre-ordered The Walking Dead: The Final Season. And that is definitely true, that is the case with any business, they want and need money, to grow as a company, to satisfy investors and support their Staff and Board, I just think that the criticism of it being a cash grab is silly, and the same thing could be applied to any developer that actually needs money to develop games, grow their business. To me, the criticism is simply pettiness, people just can't seem to stop shitting on The Walking Dead, not directing that at a single person, there are a number of people here who fall into the petty category, it just sucks you know?

donmike84 posted: »

I don't think skybound made any money from finishing the final season I assume like me you brought the final season under the telltale banner so the walking dead definitive collection was made with hope of making some money

• I did contact skybound and they said, it's under Season Select and I must be connected to the internet to see it. I replied back at them, I am connected to the internet and is there a fix. I have not heard back from them. I'll give them a few more days, before I start asking again. Luckily I order the physical copy, so I hope the disc won't have this problem and it gives me the developer commentary option in the game menu.

I'm sure you have already did it, but it wouldn't hurt to contact Skybound about it. I am sure you aren't the only person experiencing this

Sign in to comment in this discussion.