TWD: The 'Telltale' Definitive Series {Fall 2022 Ship Date - Level52 Statue}

Comments

• That sucks, I am sorry to hear that. I think they only have a handful of people who run Support, as I noticed that there is a particular agent that handles the vast majority of the tickets. Maybe they have a lot on their hands? Regardless I hope your issue is solved and a patch is released because that is something that shouldn't happen at all.

MintBlue92 posted: »

I did contact skybound and they said, it's under Season Select and I must be connected to the internet to see it. I replied back at them, I

• Yeah I hope it's fixed soon.

That sucks, I am sorry to hear that. I think they only have a handful of people who run Support, as I noticed that there is a particular age

• I am going back to university in a few days, so hopefully it will be finalised by Christmas.

• I wouldnt say adding a tone deaf easter egg at the very end of your game is nitpicking. It completely took me out of the moment.

Is there ever a time where you don't complain? It just seems that you get some sort of kick for nitpicking the slightest thing they do. Can

• I believe the pictures on my previous post speaks for themselves and everything else this person has found on his twitter.

Sorry mate, but what makes this lazy?

• But you don't account for how everyone else felt about the Easter Egg. Do you not think it is nitpicking to complain about an Easter Egg? Or even quite ridiculous? It does appear that you are just reaching for anything, even Easter Eggs, things that are added into games in good fun, to devalue the content or effort put in by actual qualified Devs who actually work on games and actually aren't lazy.
    Of all things, you complain about an Easter Egg referencing Blade Runner? I know you like to joke a lot, and I surely hope this is all a joke, but if it is truly serious, then I honestly think you have hit your lowest point. I am not starting anything here, but to take issue with what is a lighthearted gag because it "took you out of the moment", that is most definitely a nitpick

Poogers555 posted: »

I wouldnt say adding a tone deaf easter egg at the very end of your game is nitpicking. It completely took me out of the moment.

• I checked out his post(s), and no, that doesn't make it lazy. That's a fairly common criticism that holds absolutely no truth, unless you were working with the Team and saw them drink coffee all day then deciding to start working one week before release, then there is nothing to prove they were lazy.

You look at any game, and you will see glitches, even if it is a renowned masterpiece developed by a renowned Studio, there is no game out there that is free of glitches, that is simply impossible. I am aware that the amount of glitches and issues with The Definitive Series is fairly sizable, but what do you expect to happen when you put Five Games, all of which were built on different versions of a notoriously buggy engine, along with Documentaries, Galleries and Music Players into a single package? It won't be smooth sailing.

Not many people like glitches, especially glitches and issues like those that Bo brought to light, but do you really think insulting the devs by calling them lazy, saying they put no effort into it, and saying people were scammed because it wasn't a glitch free product is fair? I have no doubt that if you, or anyone else here who has an issue with devs doing their job were to assume the role of a game developer for a week, you'd come away from it in shock and disbelief at how they maintain it as a career.

iFoRias posted: »

I believe the pictures on my previous post speaks for themselves and everything else this person has found on his twitter.

• Of all things, you complain about an Easter Egg referencing Blade Runner?

Players aren't even forced to watch it, you have to interact with Disco Broccoli ten times to activate it which not many people are going to do.

This is like complaining about the Randy Tudor joke in S1E5.

But you don't account for how everyone else felt about the Easter Egg. Do you not think it is nitpicking to complain about an Easter Egg? Or

• A good example to how I felt (as well as others) would probably be how the streamer uberhaxornova felt where he immediately just wanted to end the game after seeing the easter egg happen, so its not like Im the only person in the world who thought it was dumb.

Im sorry that during the ending of the 4 game long story it ends with AJ talking to a toy broccoli while referencing Blade Runner and talking about tears in Omar's stew. It kills the atmosphere to the ending. If they want to do some easter egg like that they can, but dont do it at the very end of your game where it just detracts from the ending.

Theres also nothing wrong with liking it. Its almost like I said that "I" had mixed feelings on it. Me saying I didnt like it shouldnt detract from your experience.

But you don't account for how everyone else felt about the Easter Egg. Do you not think it is nitpicking to complain about an Easter Egg? Or

• Exactly! God Forbid you willingly click on something ten times and get an Easter Egg that you may have enjoyed in the moment but later think about and call it tone deaf and chat shit about it on a Forum, those darn lazy Devs! What were they thinking?!

lupinb0y posted: »

Of all things, you complain about an Easter Egg referencing Blade Runner? Players aren't even forced to watch it, you have to intera

• That is just unfortunate then, there seems to be a number of people who just don't appreciate the work being put in.

Nothing to apologise for, I am sorry that you take issue with every little thing that the Dev Team does, even if it is as minor as the Blade Runner reference. It provided some lightheartedness in an Episode filled with dread, sorrow and pain. They can and they did do an Easter Egg such as that, right at the End of the Game, and the placement wasn't a problem, as much as you may want to make it one. At the end of the day, they were making the game they wanted to make, they provided an Ending they wanted for The Walking Dead and Clementine.

Of course there's nothing wrong with liking it, there's nothing wrong with it to cause someone to dislike it. It certainly didn't detract from my experience, it made me chuckle in an Episode where I was a paranoid, emotional mess. I am aware you said that you had mixed feelings on it, which leads me to believe that you did enjoy it briefly, but then thought about it and didn't like it, for your own reasons.

A good example to how I felt (as well as others) would probably be how the streamer uberhaxornova felt where he immediately just wanted to e

• Then Im not sure what you're issue is. I said something very brief of "I didnt like it and thought it was stupid" and you seem to be getting way too upset over that. If you like it, its fine, Im not telling you that you need to not like it.

I felt the entire episode had a bunch of issues plot wise and especially pacing wise. It felt pretty disappointing that after 4 seasons the ending felt like it was only an ending to this season rather than a series finale. Going in with this feeling of "this easily could have been much more impressive" and then seeing this easter egg just made the ending feel like a joke to me. I would have felt the same even if it wasnt there and I never knew about it, but after it happened I just felt annoyed like the dev team was too focused on making these easter eggs even during the very last seconds of the game instead of trying to just make the actual game better. I mean in the dev commentary they even say how the season director was making the cinematic artist go through all this effort to make sure the scene was cut in exact sync and style with the actual Blade Runner clip. So I dont really find it cute seeing how focused they seemed on doing dumb things like this instead of focusing on how to actually make the game better.

Again you can like the easter egg, its not a big deal in the long run, its not like that alone is what ruined the game for me, but I figured I'll give you some insight of why Im really not the biggest fan of it.

That is just unfortunate then, there seems to be a number of people who just don't appreciate the work being put in. Nothing to apologise

• The final season was really terrible. This upset me because it was the walking dead that got me into TT games, season 1 and 2 were great, then it went downhill fast ( I have not even played the last episode due to how awful the last season was )

• @dylanwoods777

That is just unfortunate then, there seems to be a number of people who just don't appreciate the work being put in.

There will always be some people who are just never pleased with anything, and will always look for something negative to moan about even when there is none. They seem to have this grudge, and pretentious attitude, as if the world owes them something, and they're better than everyone. While in reality the world owes them nothing, and they're no better than everyone else.

• edited September 2019

There was alot to moan about with the last 2 walking dead season tho....just saying.

@dylanwoods777 That is just unfortunate then, there seems to be a number of people who just don't appreciate the work being put in.

• edited September 2019

And there will always be fanboys who are too easy to please.

@dylanwoods777 That is just unfortunate then, there seems to be a number of people who just don't appreciate the work being put in.

• I'm not upset over anything, far from it, I am just pretty fed up with you and others seeming to get a buzz out of chatting shit about people who make the games, and the games themselves, they just can't seem to do anything right by you. Like I doubt you'd do any better, but who knows, maybe you up and surprise, but you lack any shape or form of respect towards Developers, and seem to dissect everything they do just to find something to complain about to get those likes.

Why you are going on that it felt like a Season Finale instead of a Series Finale is ridiculous. Do you not think they felt the game was good, and wanted to leave their own little imprint in the game?

You are one of their harshest critics mate, and you just seem to scan their games for literally anything to complain about, even a problem that isn't there, and because you are a big name on here, people will jump to your side. I recommend you actually cut Developers some slack, don't bite the hand that feeds you, because if you continue to be as nitpicking as this, then you probably won't enjoy any game you look at in the future.

Then Im not sure what you're issue is. I said something very brief of "I didnt like it and thought it was stupid" and you seem to be getting

• Fanman is better suited to me, I am quite a big fan, I appreciate the work being put in by devs instead of insulting and harassing them over something which could be adored by 99%, but utterly despised by the 1% because they hate it for existing.
    I am a bit of a perfectionist too, I like stuff in a certain way and hold high standards. Feel free to make a joke out of that if you must, but to keep the explanation brief, I am not easy to please. But Telltale always knocked it out of the park with The Walking Dead, and I am not ashamed or scared to say that in what practically is the Lion's Den.

I don't take issue with you personally, considering you and I were friends, and hopefully still are, but I can't say I am a big fanman of the whole "Devs are lazy, they made no effort, I am right they are wrong" thing.

iFoRias posted: »

• I know all about that, there's quite a lot of it, which is a shame, nobody can appreciate or even be constructive in feedback for games, it's like an instinct for these folks to go "These people who spent many years to become qualified to produce video games are not qualified to make them, they are lazy, and they deserve the insults because I am right, and they are wrong". Developers don't make games for those people, they don't have them in mind, they have actual fans, people who care and support the game and the Team, in mind, and want to cater to them, not some entitled children who get a buzz to insult, belittle, dismiss, Developers and their Creations. It is an absolute joke.

I know I may come across as hotheaded in this particular discussion, but I'm as cool as a cucumber, I just want to stand up to the people responsible for the strong amount of toxicity and lack of respect for anything or anyone

• edited September 2019

I get what you're saying, but there is nothing wrong with criticism. Just because they are game developers doesn't mean they can't do anything wrong and everything they give us is perfect. I do agree with you that some people could and should be more appreciating towards the hard work developers put into it though. But keep in mind that some people who criticize alot here are mostly exaggerating with their use of words to make an issue seem alot worse then it actually is, for the sake of joking.

I know all about that, there's quite a lot of it, which is a shame, nobody can appreciate or even be constructive in feedback for games, it'

• Thanks for the mature response, haven't had too many of those unfortunately. I don't have much issue with actual decent criticism, but I wouldn't consider calling the Developers lazy constructive, or even fair criticism, I don't mean that towards you, but the others whom I have been speaking to. The whole laziness excuse itself is a lazy one made by people who have no idea as to what goes into making games.

No doubt there is people like that who exaggerate it for joking purposes, I'm all for a laugh, but not all do, there are people who are serious about it and exaggerate intentionally to make an "issue" worse than it is in reality, fully knowing just how toxic and childish people become and act once they see another person online behave in a similar manner

I don't look at devs as perfect individuals, nobody is perfect, but they certainly aren't lazy, they certainly put in the effort, but that isn't enough for the entitled people who nitpick the smallest things about a game, and go on as if it were to cause a global crisis. To me, if you don't like a game, don't play it, if you don't like something about a game, then avoid it or play something else, killing the buzz altogether by logging in, calling people lazy, or chatting complete and utter shit about a game that you consciously bought, is a waste of time. Surely if it bothers people that much, they would want to avoid it, instead, they feel the urge to walk all over it, nitpick, insult, belittle, dismiss what it is and the people behind it.

I get what you're saying, but there is nothing wrong with criticism. Just because they are game developers doesn't mean they can't do anythi

• Why don’t you take what you want from me?

• Take what you want and go...

Why don’t you take what you want from me?

• @dylanwoods777 and @lupinb0y, I'm afraid you guys are being a little too sensitive and reactive regarding people pointing out the issues they've experienced with this collection. While it is true that some people can complain a little to severely and I don't necessarily think this collection is all that bad from what I've seen/heard, some of it is legitimate and/or a matter of personal preference on occasion.

Let's focus on the Disco Broccoli thing, since there was a needless back and forth on that. While I don't fully agree with Snit on that, it's easy to see where he's coming from. There's also the matter of a small, but important distinction that circles back to this entire topic--he held that opinion back when the finale came out. That isn't some particularly petty gripe against the collection itself, that's just him being consistent about something he wasn't a fan of not that long ago.

So while there is a fair amount of nitpicking that comes with the criticism, it's also important not to be quite so profusely offended since that just redirects the negativity(frivolous or otherwise) in the other direction. Perhaps this thread can be better balanced by pointing out some things that are positive about the collection?

• I only left a comment regarding the easter egg because I agree that it's hardly something to get worked up about. At no point did I come in defending the issues regarding the Definitive Edition. I even made a comment listing off a number of graphical issues I had with the game in the Whatever thread, mixed in with what I liked about it, so I'm not really sure why you pulled me into this.

DabigRG posted: »

@dylanwoods777 and @lupinb0y, I'm afraid you guys are being a little too sensitive and reactive regarding people pointing out the issues the

• Hey Dabig, I wouldn't say sensitive, but reactive? Most definitely, but my overall displeasure isn't solely because of an issue with an Easter Egg (which, keep in mind, requires you to click on 10 times to even witness and isn't something that you need to interact with), but more so the consistent stream of petty complaints.

It's always the same people who shit over the games, I am not exaggerating that, I look at Batman, they are there chatting shit about it, I look at the Borderlands 3 Discussion, they are there, The Walking Dead section, there too, if those people were so strongly against and doubtful about it since its announcement, exactly why bother coming in regularly just to put down the product, even before any material released for The Definitive Series? It's either a way to get likes, to turn people off the product, or because they love to put down Developers and Games. Perhaps a combination of the three?

I've kept my head down when it came to those people commenting on the "issues" with the games for a long while, because they were/are the big names on here, and surely seeing a big name argue with someone fairly insignificant on here like myself, it was always going to be one sided. But it's reached a point where the pettiness is over an optional Easter Egg, which is so so petty, that I feel I should say something, because not many will do that.

I'd happily talk about the positives, but I don't have The Definitive Series yet, and mentioning any positives at all is sure to spark some controversy which won't sit well with some. But hopefully soon I can come in here and talk about my experience with The Definitive Series, which I eagerly await :smile:

DabigRG posted: »

@dylanwoods777 and @lupinb0y, I'm afraid you guys are being a little too sensitive and reactive regarding people pointing out the issues the

• Probably because you responded to me and I am the one shoulder deep in this whole thing, so apologies for that mate

I only left a comment regarding the easter egg because I agree that it's hardly something to get worked up about. At no point did I come in

• edited September 2019

It's fine. I actually do agree with your points for the most part, though I didn't say anything about it because I didn't wanna be dragged into another argument since this forum has a tendency to overreact to things.

Probably because you responded to me and I am the one shoulder deep in this whole thing, so apologies for that mate

• Thank you, and I think that's the best, being associated with me won't do any good especially at the moment :joy: I can't imagine my image will be highly revered, but someone has to say it and point it out.

It's fine. I actually do agree with your points for the most part, though I didn't say anything about it because I didn't wanna be dragged into another argument since this forum has a tendency to overreact to things.

• So what’s the verdict? Are the visual improvements a yay or a nay?

And yes I saw the tweet posted before. How much of those weird visuals are recurring and not just some weird scenes here and there? Should we expect an update?

• Aww, the doll kinda foreshadowed Bonnie’s appearance in the next episode :(

They replaced a doll in season 2 with Disco Broccoli!

• edited September 2019

From what I've seen it looks leagues better than the collection that's for damn sure. Graphic black is a very mixed bag. I still haven't seen it fully in action for ANF and Michonne though, but season 2 tends to make things look a little too dark in areas. Kinda loses the color of some pretty-ish environments (beginning of episode 3). That said you can turn it off whenever you want so its not that big of a deal. Pretty solid definitive edition but will wait on a sale as I already have the subpar collection and TFS which I still haven't touched on PS4.

• I dont care about getting likes on a forum that is very dead at the moment and is going to stay dead for a few more months. Im also just some forum user, I wouldnt say I have an influence, and even if I did, "wow holy shit poogers said he didnt like disco broccoli fucking 6 months after the game ended!" is something no one is thinking to themselves.

Fun fact I can criticize them. Fun fact, I praised them for episodes 1 and 2, its not like I think these devs cant do anything correct. Fun fact, you can criticize me. Youre allowed to. If I make something and you think its shit you can call it shit. If you think when I say I dont like the direction they took the final season in the last episodes is a shit opinion, you can say it. Learn to handle that hey maybe not everyone likes where they took the story instead of just acting like the devs are saints. Its hard to care much when there are also reports the creative teams were toxic in the work place so sorry I really dont have that much sympathy for them nor am I just going to praise them when they took it in a bad direction and ruined what they had going.

(Also Im pretty sure you are the one who made this "small nitpick" into something much larger. It was a 4 day old comment that no one even cared about until you came around going at me over it. Are you really that defensive of this season that you need to take such an off hand forgettable comment and turn it into me having to explain for the same reasons I have months ago on why Im not a fan of the season? I'd much rather stop discussing this as its honestly stupid and completely pointless and we both know that. I dont think anyone here wants to see us argue over a fake broccoli toy in a video game.)

I'm not upset over anything, far from it, I am just pretty fed up with you and others seeming to get a buzz out of chatting shit about peopl

• Definitive Edition is an improvement over the Collection but I do wish Graphic Black wasnt such a mixed bag like you said. Also like you said, I think Season 2 suffers the most from it. Some scenes just look wrong, like 201 in the forest rain, it is waaaay to dark, and in 205 during the Kenny v Jane fight you cant see anything at all, its just white. Michonne looks very similar to Season two with the graphic black, so a lot of varying results.

A New Frontier is a bit strange, something about it still looks not right. It also suffers a lot of the weird lighting where things are a lot darker and make the scene look incorrect. ANF is however probably still the most "improved" from the graphic black even though it does have a bunch of weird lighting issues and often times Javis head goes fully black. But unlike seasons 1 and 2, ANF atleast looks like it has a new style to it rather than just a simple filter.

From what I've seen it looks leagues better than the collection that's for damn sure. Graphic black is a very mixed bag. I still haven't see

• Yeah, you just sorta got swept in as a second name since I didn't wanna come off like I was singling out Woods.
    Sorry.

I only left a comment regarding the easter egg because I agree that it's hardly something to get worked up about. At no point did I come in

• 12:42 It doesn't look like Kenny's beard attaches to his hair. His hair looks kinda weird in general?

• By the way, is there anything new added to the seasons? For example: certain dialogues with characters that the collection misused. It is a shame that it is still not working yet, but alas.

• edited September 2019

@AllThe8s

There was a lot to moan about with the last 2 walking dead season tho....just saying.

I like ANF, while there are some characters which I hate, but overall it had a nice and happy ending.
    TFS on the other hand, beginning was pretty good. After the sudden shutdown, episode 3 was okay, but episode 4 was rushed and so predictable

Clem save group from boat they all go home. The End. But that was too short, so they decided to have Clem get bitten, which resulted in more crying, cursing, screaming, injured forehead from the constant banging on table or walls, broken controllers, and keyboard and mouses flying out the windows. The End

I wish TFS have at least 2 to 3 more episodes to make it The Final Season.

@iFoRias

Fanboys are toxic, better stay far away from them. They'll go to extreme lengths to protect their brand, even when their brand is screwing with them.

• There's something about your comment that leads me to believe you didn't have a lot of fun typing it.
    Jokes aside, you are holding all Devs responsible for a report that informs that there were some Staff that behaved inappropriately towards their colleagues. Since the report doesn't give any names, let's just assume that all Staff were like that am I right? Good one mate.
    My issue isn't completely on your mixed feelings towards an Easter Egg, (which I will remind you and other folks requires a several amount of interactions to get) it's how literally anything they do, Skybound, Telltale, The StillNotBitten Team, you seem to take such a strong issue with, and make an issue out of something that isn't there. I have no doubt that if they catered to your very specific desires, you'd still complain because your mind seems to shift from one desire to another.
    You go on as if OG Telltale's Catalogue was bad, but I'll share a fact of my own and say that they weren't, you just don't seem to appreciate good games.
    In your comment, you say it is an opinion of yours that The Final Season went in a direction you didn't like, then you proceed to make a very general statement along the lines of: "nor am I just going to praise them when they took it in a bad direction and ruined what they had going." Point out where your opinion comes into that statement.
    I'll agree with you on one thing, and that's this discussion probably shouldn't continue, but seriously man, you need to lighten up and show credit where credit is due, instead of behaving the way you do.
    No hard feelings mate

I dont care about getting likes on a forum that is very dead at the moment and is going to stay dead for a few more months. Im also just som

• Since the fanboy comment you replied to was definitely directed towards me, I just want to explain that I defend the Brand because it is nowhere near as bad as people make out. If such a Brand can have such an impact on my life and change it for the better, as well as doing the same for millions of people, then there is truly something special about it that not a lot of people see as they prefer to bash it when possible.
    They go on as if it causes sleepless nights, panic attacks, and all that.
    I am well aware there are people out there who take it to an extreme, but all I've done was stand up and defend the Brand, I haven't doxxed anyone, nor do I have any knowledge as to how that can be accomplished. I haven't threatened anyone, I am not like that.
    The problem is, people who speak positively about a game and defend it are perceived to be fanboys, while the people who walk all over it, shit talk the game on any and all platforms are perceived as gods who are on another plane of existence completely.
    Everyone is a "fanboy" of something, and I mean everyone, even the people who walk all over Telltale Games and The Walking Dead, they idolise something too. But I wouldn't go on and behave like they do, I wouldn't bash their interests, we all have something we love and adore, so why bash something that someone else loves and adores?

Sorry if it seems that I directed that towards you, the "fanboy" comment that you replied to was almost certainly directed towards me, and I wanted to explain my reasoning for defending Devs, Games and The Walking Dead

@AllThe8s There was a lot to moan about with the last 2 walking dead season tho....just saying. I like ANF, while there are so

Sign in to comment in this discussion.