TWD: The 'Telltale' Definitive Series {Fall 2022 Ship Date - Level52 Statue}

Comments

• They actual fixed the bug for David's stats of the New Frontier game where it would say "In his time of need, you distanced yourself from David." Now if you choose to not to distance from David, it will say "In his time of need, you stood by David." (which also changes the relationship with him).

• I played through The Walking Dead: Season One, Episode 1 from The Definitive Series, it was really good!
    I did encounter some issues, like dialogue at the start of a sentence being cut off (e.g. if a character said "Clementine" it would sound like "--ementine", this happened quite a lot in basically every scene.
    In relation to this, audio for actions such as Lee sawing the planks of wood would cut off, there would be no noise from what is a noisy activity.
    There were a few issues with shadow rendering, like during the scene where Lee, Kenny, Katjaa, Clementine and Duck are walking through the street in Macon, their shadows were popping and disappearing.
    When out at the front of Everett's prescriptions, the Hardware Store beside the Electronics Store is nowhere to be seen, it is too dark. In fairness, I did play on the default brightness setting, which is very dark, but honestly, I don't know if adjusting the brightness would have helped.
    And during the next time sequence, there is a brief showing of Larry, who appears to have no eyebrows, which honestly is quite funny. I wouldn't take this specific part as anything bad, as it is simply to provide the broad strokes of what Episode 2 would be about, so his appearance in the next time sequence isn't a big deal, unless you like to nitpick the shit out of stuff for the thrill of it :wink:
    There are more stuff I would talk about, which are good things, but this comment itself has been dragged out long enough

• edited September 2019

So I downloaded the game 3 times on using 2 different systems, running Win7 and Win10 64bit, and the Developer Commentary feature is still missing from my game. I check the places they told me to look, and it's still not showing up. I just e-mail them again as they have not responded back to me for over a week.

BTW, is the developer commentary just a bunch of videos or are they audio clips where you get to listen to as you're playing the game.

• Developer commentary are some TT devs and Voice people (5 in total) sitting round and playing an episode, all Dev Commentary Episodes are on JunkygamingTV's youtube channel for free.

MintBlue92 posted: »

So I downloaded the game 3 times on using 2 different systems, running Win7 and Win10 64bit, and the Developer Commentary feature is still m

• I don't want to watch some YouTuber play the game and listen to the commentary. I would like to experience it on my own. Thanks for the response tho.

Ghetsis posted: »

Developer commentary are some TT devs and Voice people (5 in total) sitting round and playing an episode, all Dev Commentary Episodes are on JunkygamingTV's youtube channel for free.

• You essentially are experiencing it on your own, the youtuber doesn't talk, only the developers and voice actors/actresses do.

I don't want to watch some YouTuber play the game and listen to the commentary. I would like to experience it on my own. Thanks for the response tho.

• edited September 2019

The Dev Commentary is a video clip of the Devs playing the game with Commentary over it. When they first started recording, they used the original standalone games to play through, but in The Definitive Series, it features gameplay from The Definitive Series with the commentary.
    It is working fine for me, but I'm on XBOX

So I downloaded the game 3 times on using 2 different systems, running Win7 and Win10 64bit, and the Developer Commentary feature is still m

• Just make it background noise for something else.

I don't want to watch some YouTuber play the game and listen to the commentary. I would like to experience it on my own. Thanks for the response tho.

• edited September 2019
  • Do you mean for Season 1 Kent plays without graphic black and for all other seasons they play with graphic black?

The Dev Commentary is a video clip of the Devs playing the game with Commentary over it. When they first started recording, they used the or

• My bad for the poor explanation. I'll try to explain it better:

They seemingly recorded the Dev Commentary before The Definitive Series announcement was made back in April, at that time, they were playing using the Original Standalone version of The Walking Dead Games to record the Commentary. Then, when The Definitive Series was functional, they captured gameplay from an Episode from each Season in The Definitive Series and had the Commentary they recorded months ago to play over the gameplay footage from The Definitive Series. I hope I made some sense mate

Do you mean for Season 1 Kent plays without graphic black and for all other seasons they play with graphic black?

• edited September 2019

Oh yeah that makes sense

My bad for the poor explanation. I'll try to explain it better: They seemingly recorded the Dev Commentary before The Definitive Series a

• edited September 2019

Bump. Wrong thread.

• Thank goodness, I was worried I messed up my explanation, I am glad you understand :smile:

Oh yeah that makes sense

• edited September 2019

I managed to get the Developer Commentary to show up on my game menu, but I don't know what I found out might be the cause of it. I'll wait until I get my physical disc to do some further testing, to confirm if that is the actual problem or not. As of now I've played through season 1, chapter 1, and so far so good, no glitches or anything and the graphic black does give it a new perspective. I've also noticed some goofs, but they're probably already known so I won't bother mentioning it.

In the character viewer, under The Final Season, the walker at the very beginning. If you listen carefully he says something along the lines of

Happy Thursday greetings.

• That's Sherak, they say "Happy Thursday Grady Standard, Happy Thursday" which is funny. You should check out the animations for Clementine (Season One), Eddie (Season One) and Wyatt (Season One), they have some pretty goofy animations!

I managed to get the Developer Commentary to show up on my game menu, but I don't know what I found out might be the cause of it. I'll wait

• edited September 2019

Those goofy animation you're talking about, Both Clem and Wyatt, looks like they're either doing the Ballet or Tap Dancing. I don't recall Clem or Wyatt mention anything about them, all I relearn so far is Clem plays soccer and she does not like it.
    Wyatt also does that dance, from the ANF Easter Egg
    Eddie does 2 dances, one of them seem to reference Michael Jackson Thriller, the other might also reference another MJ's song Remember The Time, but the dance is a bit different. Maybe it's a reference to another song with Egyptian theme from another artist, which I can't remember right now.

That's Sherak, they say "Happy Thursday Grady Standard, Happy Thursday" which is funny. You should check out the animations for Clementine (Season One), Eddie (Season One) and Wyatt (Season One), they have some pretty goofy animations!

• @MintBlue92 @dlanwoods777 Nice to see you guys back. I was excited to see this thread at first but after reading all the comments; it made me remember back on the old forums that you two are the only ones with nice things to say about The Walking Dead.

• Thank you for the kind comment :smile: The Walking Dead isn't as bad as some people in here make it out to be, they are a bit of a joke though, so I wouldn't take them seriously :joy: The Walking Dead deserves the praise it receives and more, but like any other community, there are always a select few who love to speak utter shit just because they can.

All that aside, I speak highly of The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series in its entirety because of its impact on me, it is truly a special Series that doesn't get enough attention. I love all of the Seasons (Including The Walking Dead: A New Frontier, quite a bold, controversy statement, but I am being honest) as I feel there are important lessons that can be taken away from each Season and Mini-Series. I rambled long enough, hopefully I made some sense with my comment :tongue:

@MintBlue92 @dlanwoods777 Nice to see you guys back. I was excited to see this thread at first but after reading all the comments; it made m

• The Walking Dead isn't as bad as some people in here make it out to be, they are a bit of a joke though

Thank you for the kind comment The Walking Dead isn't as bad as some people in here make it out to be, they are a bit of a joke though, so

• You alright bruv?

DabigRG posted: »

The Walking Dead isn't as bad as some people in here make it out to be, they are a bit of a joke though

• I remember you and the common visitors on the old forums. And I share your love for The Walking Dead. The people who don't like the series IMO hate on it because the game didnt play out exactly how they wanted it. But nevertheless; keep spreading the positivity

Thank you for the kind comment The Walking Dead isn't as bad as some people in here make it out to be, they are a bit of a joke though, so

• You basically just called some people a joke.

You alright bruv?

• edited October 2019

I view them as a joke as they consistently complain, they are never happy with the content, even when there is nothing wrong, they fabricate an issue. That is a bit of a pisstake to be honest, if they aren't happy, why continue to participate in discussions about it? Why jump into discussions with people naming the positives just to shit on them? That is what leads me to believe that they are indeed a joke. I know it's quite a harsh thing to say, but that's how I feel.

I have no doubt that plenty of people on here view me as a joke for actually appreciating the content, but my question to them is what's wrong with that?

You basically just called some people a joke.

• I agree, and will do, it is hard to when the people who hate on it are the most vocal, but I'll continue to heap praise where it's due

I remember you and the common visitors on the old forums. And I share your love for The Walking Dead. The people who don't like the series I

• TWD: Definitive Edition is now 30% offer ends
    Oct 31 for Xbox and Nov 1 for PS4 and Epic

• edited October 2019

Nevermind. Already had it.

TWD: Definitive Edition is now 30% offer ends Oct 31 for Xbox and Nov 1 for PS4 and Epic

• Listened to the commentaries for Season 1(A New Day) and Season 2(No Going Back) and got some tidbits:

• Melissa Hutchinson was offered to audition for Katjaa, but she didn't do it for fear of butchering the unfamiliar accent.
    • The Who will you save choice was at the beginning of the episode at one point .
    • Doug had more scenes planned for Episode 2 that was cut when they saw how many picked Carley.
    • Scott Porter(Luke) was a big fan of Kid Beyond(Carlos), creditting him for getting him through college.
    • Season Two ushered in more celebrity talent
    • Melissa didn't meet 90% of the cast.
    • Gavin Hammon didn't meet Cissy Jones, Dave Fennoy, and Scott Porter until late or after the season.
    • Michael Madsen was apparently pretty cool.
    • Gavin is pretty cool about whatever role he needs to play. This includes Kenny Carver and one session where he needed to be absolutely crazy having him respond afterwards with a casual, "Yeah, I'm good."

• Arvo was named after Stephen McManus's uncle.

• Luke vs Kenny was the original ending, intended to be pitting two characters most people love against each other.
    • The multiple branching endings came about from people questioning the games natural as a pick your choice narrative. This caused the studio to change the direction, leading to things like Luke's death and Jane being introduced into a bigger role.
    • Mark Darin sent Melissa an email stressing how important it was that they transition. Clementine's voice into a 16 year old badass, which led to her stressfully doing 17 different takes for what ended up being a simple change.
    • Pierre Shorette wrote Luke's Birthday scene.
    • Kent Mudle did the crawling sequence and made AJ wiggle harder to make it more apparent what he was.
    • The Still Not Bitten line was on the chopping block, but they fought for it as a seed of what she would grow into.
    • Buricko and Vitali were apparently voiced by real Russians. Julian Kwasneski worked on the shootout scene and doesn't know why they swapped places and names.
    • The lake behind the Unfinished House was suppose to be covered in snow but it was changed to be made more obvious.

• Reggie's scenes were apparently recorded as quickly as possible(with an entire page possibly being skipped) because Kumail invited the voice directors on his yatch afterwards.

• Dennis Lenart(or was it Kent Mudle) created a fake ending for season one using assets from Monkey Island and a fake trailer for Season 2 involving a wooden grave for Clementine.
    • Season One's graphics were influenced by Blackwater Gospel.
    • Jane was originally supposed to have legitimately killed AJ, but he was decided to be crucial to the story going forward.
    • AJ was mandated to be killed early on in Season 3's development.
    • Scott Porter read ahead on Luke's death and was like, "C'mooon...really?"
    • The developer's favorite choice is Sit with Luke or Sit with Kenny.
    • Season 2 had more flashbacks planned to show certain events and dynamics. A House Divided originally being structure around them and One was following up on the ending of Season One.
    • The Christa question to Edith was added at the last minute.
    • The Wellington Ending was written by Pierre Shorette in about a week so the developers could work on the cinematography.
  • edited December 2019

UPDATE ON THE DEFINITIVE COLLECTOR'S EDITION.
    (I'll just post the whole email here in case some people didn't get it)

First, we want to say thanks for supporting us and the Stillnotbitten team. Extra thanks to those of you who pre-ordered The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series Collector Packs on Skybound.com. It’s because of your passion and love for these games that we were able to complete this journey with Clementine, Lee, AJ, and the others. But not Abel. He sucks. 

But let’s be honest, you love the games but you also care deeply about getting the toys, pins, and other goodies that you thought you were going to get back in September.

In short, we messed up. 

Whether it’s our fault or the manufacturer’s doesn’t really matter at this point. What does matter is getting your stuff to you at a level of quality that you expect and we demand. We’re not in the business of shipping you broken toys but delivering the things you asked for.

So now we have an update. We’re pleased to report that all of the items, from Lee & Clem Statue to the Kenny hat, are ready for production then packed up to be shipped. In fact, you can see the final production candidates below that will be in your hands soon:

All of that means that we will be shipping your items out the week of January 26th. We know, that's way past the gift giving season, but as we established before, we messed up.

Additionally, as a thank you for your patience, we will be throwing in a collectible pin and an additional surprise in the final shipment to let you know how grateful we are.

If you have any questions please contact us at webstore@skybound.com or http://help.skybound.com. Unfortunately as we said last time, if you have already received your game, we cannot accept requests for refunds.

Thank you again for being such amazing fans, for your continued support, and once again for your patience!

• The people of reddit are absolutely tearing into this design. Also comparing it to the God of War statue being better in quality and costing way less.

The plush doll is looking damn fine though

AChicken posted: »

UPDATE ON THE DEFINITIVE COLLECTOR'S EDITION. (I'll just post the whole email here in case some people didn't get it) First, we wan

• Comparing the God Of War statue is a pretty fair comparison when you see how the gow statue cost noticeably less and is way higher quality.

The people of reddit are absolutely tearing into this design. Also comparing it to the God of War statue being better in quality and costing way less. The plush doll is looking damn fine though

• :lol: Yeah, I saw that.

The people of reddit are absolutely tearing into this design. Also comparing it to the God of War statue being better in quality and costing way less. The plush doll is looking damn fine though

• edited December 2019

The people of reddit are absolutely tearing into this design.

Oof you don't say...

"Looks like..."

• I know we’re all focusing on the statue (which I agree looks like shit), but look at the difference in the Kenny hat from what was promised to what’s getting shipped.

Skybound took extra months to make THIS?! And anyone who wants to refund it now is SOL because the game already shipped. Skybound looking like Bethesda over here.

• Jeeeez I hadn't noticed the hat change. I like the 'worn' look of it, but wow that's just confusing. Why change the design.

At least it looks a bit more like how it is in Season 2 than how they made it so basic-looking in ANF.

S1::

S2::

ANF::

I know we’re all focusing on the statue (which I agree looks like shit), but look at the difference in the Kenny hat from what was promised

• The Kratos and Atreus is the one that gets me.
    Like Cheese and Rice, how did they fuck that up?

AChicken posted: »

The people of reddit are absolutely tearing into this design. Oof you don't say... (Spoiler)

• like really, they could've found the people who made teh GOW statue and made pretty good statues. At least they were on par with plush makers

The Kratos and Atreus is the one that gets me. Like Cheese and Rice, how did they fuck that up?

• This whole edition is fucked with the whole splitting it up on release plus no refunds at the start. At this point its going to be really hard to to get a refund. (especially considering "technically" people already own the pack physically for over 3 months, meaning they cant get a refund because they owned part of the product for too long and I doubt they will be able to find away to refund "part" of a total package.)

I know we’re all focusing on the statue (which I agree looks like shit), but look at the difference in the Kenny hat from what was promised

• Oh it’s impossible to get a refund now. The email they sent out said “Unfortunately as we said last time, if you have already received your game, we cannot accept requests for refunds.” Makes it even more scummy.

Poogers555 posted: »

This whole edition is fucked with the whole splitting it up on release plus no refunds at the start. At this point its going to be really h

• edited December 2019

Damn kinda figured anyway. The second it was "split" makes it feel like such a scam. They cant suddenly refund half of a product. (Like I doubt it was some intentional thing, but convenient you are now stuck with your shitty low quality thing because you've "owned it" for over 3 months, and you cant refund that specific part of it because its still part of "one" product.)

To be fair, red flags were everywhere on this collectors edition. I mean also cmon, the AJ figured looked so bad and that was no where close to the scale of this statue, it was kinda obvious it would look just as bad.

Oh it’s impossible to get a refund now. The email they sent out said “Unfortunately as we said last time, if you have already received your game, we cannot accept requests for refunds.” Makes it even more scummy.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.