"Silence the Whisperers" Episode Discussion

Yep, still doing them. I forget what this episode is supposed to be about, last weeks was about lack of sleep though, and it was pretty good.

So uh, comment before, while, or after you watch.

Comments

• edited October 2019

Looks like they're leading up into their version of the Queen and King storyline from the comics! I wonder if they'll actually go through with it or change it up.

Spoilers for the next episode:

In the sneak peak it's revealed that Brandon, one of the residents of Alexandria was the one to break him out but he's only been in one episode earlier in the season for like a few seconds, so I wonder what the reasoning is behind him doing that. In the comics, Brandon is mad at Rick and tries to convince get Negan to help him take out both Alexandria and the Whisperers.

Anyone else think Luke saying goodbye to everyone was a major death flag? Would make sense since the actor is signed on to do all those Fantastic Beasts movies.

• edited October 2019

Negan has been phenomenal as the good guy. Saves Judith, Aaron, and Lydia. I just kinda wished Lydia would be more badasss and ruthless like her comic counterpart.

• I can guarantee Negan has left to join the whisperers, only to kill Alpha and bring back her head as a peace offering just like in the comics.

• edited October 2019

Anyone else think Luke saying goodbye to everyone was a major death flag? Would make sense since the actor is signed on to do all those Fantastic Beasts movies

Doubt it. Actors are known to juggle projects, or handle multiple roles at once, it’s like a common practice for them. Look at Danai Gurira, she freaking juggled between twd and two Avengers movies so the technical side of things is no cause for concern, if that’s enough to ease your mind about Luke. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter how many movies or TV shows a specific actor is set to appear in, it’s whether or not they’re comfortable with handling multiple roles, if they are then we’re all good, so we’ll just have to wait and see.

lupinb0y posted: »

Looks like they're leading up into their version of the Queen and King storyline from the comics! I wonder if they'll actually go through wi

• Eugene should get clapped next. IMO once a character finishes their story arc and reach their peak; thats the time to axe them. Unless its the end of the story. I just don't like it when a character is on screen but doesn't have anything left to contribute to the story. Tara after the Oceanside arc did nothing for 2 whole seasons. She didn't do that much after season 4 now that I think about it. My reasoning behind all this is that if character goes too long without doing anything; they became saturated and bland. I'd like to hear your opinion.

Melton23 posted: »

Anyone else think Luke saying goodbye to everyone was a major death flag? Would make sense since the actor is signed on to do all those Fant

• edited October 2019

Ik it sounds harsh but I absolutely abhore it when people only treat characters as plot devices and that’s it. I much prefer it when people view and treat these characters as if they were real people, because it makes the emotional attachment and their journey seem much more rewarding. Just because they’ve just finished their arc or are contributing nothing at the moment, does not mean they won’t develop another arc in the future. Besides, Eugene is still going through the whole arc of dealing with his feelings for Rosita and how he can suppress them, so why should he go next if they’re still doing something with his character?

Major characters like Carol, Daryl and Rosita went through moments where nothing much was going on for them, but you don’t want them to die! It just ruins the script and screams lazy and bad story telling if the only viable solution to end a character’s story is to kill them, which is what made Rick’s TV “death” so compelling...he didn’t actually die.

Eugene should get clapped next. IMO once a character finishes their story arc and reach their peak; thats the time to axe them. Unless its t

• Rosita has the whole baby thing. And I understand that characters can get another arc like Rick or Carol, but Tara got her thing with the governor, oceanside and that was it. But walking dead pulled an UNO reverse card with Jesus. Guy had so much potential

Melton23 posted: »

Ik it sounds harsh but I absolutely abhore it when people only treat characters as plot devices and that’s it. I much prefer it when people

Sign in to comment in this discussion.