"If you screw over the Fans of Your Franchise..."

edited November 2019 in General Chat

Here, Geekdom101 was Discussing Terminator: Dark Fate, but he also makes some other good points that I think you guys would appreciate. Go to 10:59

Comments

• edited November 2019

If they can't figure out how to make a Terminator film just as good as the first 2, they shouldn't even try anymore, unless they make one with Future War setting.

They can just fuck off if they thought doing the same mistake from Alien 3 and Halloween Resurrection would have saved the franchise and not piss anybody off.

• Me personally
    Ignore Genysys. Its in its own timeline.
    Have a concept like Dark Fate but swap out Linda for Edward. I think Edward growing to hate Arnold after growing to love him would've been cool to see. Then John and Dani could co-lead the resistance to fight Legion.
    A lot of people hate this movie cause of the opening. I feel like that blinds some people's perspective for the rest of the film. Grace is pretty cool. Dani was more badass in her first Terminator movie than Sarah was in hers. Carl is easily the second most likeably Terminator in the franchise. The Rev-9 was awesome because he was so cold and relentless. He comes close to killing Grace and Dani every time they meet. The action was also pretty damn good.
    Swap Sarah for John and everybody would be praising this film.

AronDracula posted: »

If they can't figure out how to make a Terminator film just as good as the first 2, they shouldn't even try anymore, unless they make one wi

• That's why this movie pisses me off. Not only did they kill John, but it also served no purpose to the story. The film never justified why he had to die. The only good answer for that was to replace him with a girl who has no lore to the story. Tim Miller doesn't even know the definition of a chosen one cause he technically said he hates chosen one stories when that's exactly what this movie is about.

I don't think Edward Furlong should reprise his role because he had drug issues and looks so out-of-place. Norman Reedus would have been a better choice because he looks so much like an adult John for Eddie's character.

This movie isn't hated just for how they treated John Connor. Just like T3 and Genisys, they basically rehashed the plot of Terminator 2, one Terminator goes back in time to kill the resistance leader, one resistance fighter goes back to protect her and the main objective for the heroes is to destroy Legion (Skynet 2.0) and the pursuer. Also, the filmmakers still couldn't make the special effects just as good as T2. The CGI of T-1000 looks much better than anything from the sequels, including Dark Fate.

I cannot accept the fact that Dani Ramos is the one we should root for for now on. She is already a strong woman for no good reasons. The reasons why Sarah was beloved in the first film was because she was a realistic person, she wasn't a soldier or something, she was just a normal human being who was having the same life style as other college girls and just happens to be hunted by a killing machine. Now I haven't seen the whole movie (I'll see it when it comes out digitally, not gonna waste money) but when I watched some of the leaked videos of the movie, I already refused to like her character. There is a scene where she handles herself pretty well against Rev-9 and last time I checked, Kyle Reese had a hard time beating down the T-800 at the factory in the first film. Wasn't Rev-9 supposed to be more advanced and more dangerous? I still need to see the movie cause I don't have a full opinion.

Me personally Ignore Genysys. Its in its own timeline. Have a concept like Dark Fate but swap out Linda for Edward. I think Edward growin

• Well in any case the Movie Flopped anyway so I don't think they're gonna be making anymore Terminator Films after this one.

That's why this movie pisses me off. Not only did they kill John, but it also served no purpose to the story. The film never justified why h

• Good Riddance. The franchise now has 3 cancelled trilogies due to the failure of their specific first installments: Salvation, Genisys and Dark Fate. This movie is even worse than The Last Jedi.

I'm watching the Sarah Connor Chronicles show and it's so much better. I wish it wasn't overlooked.

patrickrc95 posted: »

Well in any case the Movie Flopped anyway so I don't think they're gonna be making anymore Terminator Films after this one.

• the Sarah Connor Chronicles show

I found it on PSN (PlayStation Network) and it seems there's only 2 seasons. Why though? Does it have a satisfying conclusion?

Good Riddance. The franchise now has 3 cancelled trilogies due to the failure of their specific first installments: Salvation, Genisys and D

• Sadly no. It was cancelled after Season 2 and was left on a cliffhanger. I haven't finished watching the whole thing yet though

the Sarah Connor Chronicles show I found it on PSN (PlayStation Network) and it seems there's only 2 seasons. Why though? Does it have a satisfying conclusion?

• Trying not to spoil anything, but Dani fights the Rev-9 because everyone is incapacitated from the final big fight and The Rev is almost dead. Dani was trying to finish it off before it regained strength. Overall, its a bit of a rehashed story. But the action is really good and a fun film to watch.

That's why this movie pisses me off. Not only did they kill John, but it also served no purpose to the story. The film never justified why h

Sign in to comment in this discussion.