The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• The plot thickens as the hole this guy is digging gets deeper.

I will fuckin' eat a stick of butter between a hotdog bun if this all turns out to be true.

booper posted: »

However thank you for reminding me as I just noticed I did not mention Bigby is going to be customizable. He can wear different ties, shirts

• Better get a livestream set up in December lmao

I've gone from dreading that it's true to being kind of okay if it is because it sounds like such an insane mess. If this was what oldTelltale meant when they kept saying how crazy s2 would be and how it wouldn't be what the fans expected, they certainly weren't lying if it turns out that these are just their ideas repackaged.

lupinb0y posted: »

The plot thickens as the hole this guy is digging gets deeper. I will fuckin' eat a stick of butter between a hotdog bun if this all turns out to be true.

• edited November 2019

I mean, I wouldn't be mad. I'd happily eat it if the gameplay stuff turns out to be true. It sounds ambitious and doesn't follow the same formula we've had since forever.

But this guy is almost certain trolling. There is no way they are making a semi open world game with that much content in it with just a year of development time.

Better get a livestream set up in December lmao I've gone from dreading that it's true to being kind of okay if it is because it sounds l

• Do they still own what was finished on Stranger Things? That was open world iirc. If they cannibalized that and just repurposed it as TWAU, it might be possible?

By the way, do we even know for sure how many people are working at Telltale right now? I keep seeing 10 thrown around and I'd just like to know if that's a certainty. They did say they were going to announce their new project before the year was up, so they would have had to have started hiring for that recently.

I mean, I wouldn't be mad. I'd happily eat it if the gameplay stuff turns out to be true. It sounds ambitious and doesn't follow the same fo

• They might have the remains of the Stranger Things game, but that was running on Unity, whereas Wolf 2 (as this guy claims) is being built on the Unreal Engine so there might be issues with importing assets over from Unity to Unreal.

We know that they've hired/contracted a number of employees but I don't think that they've revealed how many employees they have exactly. They talked about building a studio of 25(?) employees at max within the next two years so them having 10 or 15 employees at the moment doesn't sound all too unrealistic.

Do they still own what was finished on Stranger Things? That was open world iirc. If they cannibalized that and just repurposed it as TWAU,

• edited November 2019

omg those band-aids on Bigby's face 🤣

Update on the TWAU2 leaker. Now it's getting interesting. He posted the rest of the picture. (Spoiler) He says this is supposed to be

• edited November 2019

About those TWAU2 leaks from Reddit... Tbh I just can't see why would they change Snow so drastically while not changing Bigby and Blubeard almost at all. Well, almost, Bigby's face doesn't look legit to me. Also, someone on Reddit noticed that King Cole uses the Civilian fan model from Team Fortress 2. I've checked it and I think they're right. King Cole is modified, but I totally see similarity.
    It looks like it's all fake. Personally I'm fine with it, because I don't think TWAU needs a dialogue system that depends on points and player's stats.

• My guess if this is legit would be because Bluebeard and Bigby already look pretty much like they do in the comics, whereas Snow (in this "leak") looks a lot more like her appearance in the comics.

Et_Caetera posted: »

About those TWAU2 leaks from Reddit... Tbh I just can't see why would they change Snow so drastically while not changing Bigby and Blubeard

• edited November 2019

Yeah, you're right, especially Bluebeard looks practically exactly the same as in the comics. Still, I think it's fake.

captainivy1 posted: »

My guess if this is legit would be because Bluebeard and Bigby already look pretty much like they do in the comics, whereas Snow (in this "leak") looks a lot more like her appearance in the comics.

• edited November 2019

Yup, it's definitely the same model with some tweaks to make it fit the artstyle. It has the exact same head shape, ears, nose, chin, etc. If you look closely you can even still see the stubble on the cheek of the 'King Cole' model. Plus he also fucked up the perspective on the moustache.

So much effort put into trolling such a small community lol.

About those TWAU2 leaks from Reddit... Tbh I just can't see why would they change Snow so drastically while not changing Bigby and Blubeard

• edited November 2019

New trailer for the Sonic movie is out and he looks A LOT better and not like some freak of nature. The movie still probably won't be all that great but kudos to them for making the such a big change to the movie. This'll earn the studio a lot of goodwill. Remember, it's not like they just model swapped him and called it a day, they have to reanimate everything.

In case anyone needed a comparison.

• The eyebrows and nose are the giveaways imo.

It was fun to hope for a bit. 😢 I'm curious to see if he'll post more, if only to see what kind of models he'll use for the next pic.

Yup, it's definitely the same model with some tweaks to make it fit the artstyle. It has the exact same head shape, ears, nose, chin, etc. I

• edited November 2019

In all fairness, Bluebeard looks pretty much exactly the same even more so than Bigby does in the comics.

But like you said, King Cole looks very much like the civilian model from TF2 so thats probably the nail in the coffin.

Kinda sad to be honest. I'd personally really like it if Wolf 2 did something a bit more like minor RPG elements like speech checking and semi open world pockets to explore. Ah well.

Edit: You know I just realized there has never been a single "Telltale leak" like this to have been real. I think the only 2 real "leaks" were Minecraft 2 on Australian Classification board before it was announced, and then that one time someone here said "Hey dudes Tales from the Borderlands episode 3 just downloaded on my Xbox a week and a half early" and everyone was grilling him to post screenshots but conveniently they werent working, so everyone thought he was trolling, and then he got them working and it was 100% real lmao.

• when you watching the Game Awards expecting Wolf 2 to be announced anyway and then Bigby opens a door and says "You again."

• also me when after that happens Bigby opens his mail box to see a letter with a Smash logo on it

• I edited some pictures of the 'new' TWAU leaks, and.....

• When I realise I have to eat a stick of butter in a hotdog bun.

Poogers555 posted: »

when you watching the Game Awards expecting Wolf 2 to be announced anyway and then Bigby opens a door and says "You again."

• edited November 2019

Okay, I'm changing my stance: I want these leaks to be true just so you can eat that butter on that hotdog bun.

But only if you stream it.

When I realise I have to eat a stick of butter in a hotdog bun.

• edited November 2019

Disagree on your very first point. Telltale's Bigby looks almost nothing like the way he's drawn in the comics, except for how he looks in the first volume. He's average or outright homely in like 95% of Fables whereas Telltale makes him look like Kurt Russel circa Escape From New York.

In all fairness, Bluebeard looks pretty much exactly the same even more so than Bigby does in the comics. But like you said, King Cole lo

• I hereby pledge that if the totally bogus Wolf 2 leak somehow ends up being true and is revealed during this years Game Awards, I'll record a video of myself eating a stick of butter in a hotdog bun.

Okay, I'm changing my stance: I want these leaks to be true just so you can eat that butter on that hotdog bun. But only if you stream it.

• Guardians of the Galaxy was leaked through a list of Game Awards reveals wasn't it?

And the Stranger Things game had clips and screenshots leaked, which caused the untimely death of old Telltale.

In all fairness, Bluebeard looks pretty much exactly the same even more so than Bigby does in the comics. But like you said, King Cole lo

• edited November 2019

Yeah, in the comic he's supposed to be kinda gruff and kinda ugly looking. Someone who smokes and drinks as much as he does, and that's how he's drawn for the most part, but in the game he looks pretty darn handsome.

Disagree on your very first point. Telltale's Bigby looks almost nothing like the way he's drawn in the comics, except for how he looks in t

• edited November 2019

Exactly, so when the troll said that s2 Bigby would have noticeably longer hair, I got excited because I thought it would be this design from the comics but Telltale'd up:

Just give him longer hair, put him in the trenchcoat, and give him a graphical update on par with Batman s2 or TWD Final Season and boom. That's all you need.

(Incidentally, and totally off topic, you can actually see a post-it note with Duffy's — Bigby's army war buddy — phone number in his office on his calendar during the Nerissa scene in episode 4, and if you look closely at his apartment esp in the scenes where Colin is leaning against the TV in episode 1, you can see Bigby's army trunk being used as a stand for the TV. Not super relevant but neat all the same.)

Yeah, in the comic he's supposed to be kinda gruff and kinda ugly looking. Someone who smokes and drinks as much as he does, and that's how he's drawn for the most part, but in the game he looks pretty darn handsome.

• These leaks are so bogus!

• Yes I would agree they made Bigby look different than he appears in the comic. What Im saying here though is in the comic his look doesnt really change. Most people prefer the look he has from the game, so I dont think they would downgrade it to be more accurate to the comic when most people dont like it. But then again that original Wolf 2 prototype Bigby looked like they wanted to be closer to the comic and he looked really bad.

Disagree on your very first point. Telltale's Bigby looks almost nothing like the way he's drawn in the comics, except for how he looks in t

• Wow I never knew that about the army truck, just looked it up. Never noticed because its so cast in shadow.

Exactly, so when the troll said that s2 Bigby would have noticeably longer hair, I got excited because I thought it would be this design fro

• edited November 2019

Sonic definitely looks more appealing and true-to-form. I really like it. Now Jim Carrey is the second-most enjoyable part of this film!

Yeah, it'll still be meh I think (I mean, they practically told the whole movie in that trailer), but a nice random movie to watch on a lazy afternoon.

See the comparison in action!

New trailer for the Sonic movie is out and he looks A LOT better and not like some freak of nature. The movie still probably won't be all th

• The director deserves a lot of respect for actually giving a shit about fanbase feedback. It's so rare to see modern studios taking the negative response from the audience seriously nowadays.

New trailer for the Sonic movie is out and he looks A LOT better and not like some freak of nature. The movie still probably won't be all th

• edited November 2019

In other news, the trailer for the upcoming Scooby-Doo 3D CGI film is out.

And I hate it. Well, the animation is great, and it looks interesting... But I hate how the studio is trying to sell this movie on its celebrity star-power, effectively replacing the original voice actors (bar Frank Welker -- who has played both Scooby AND Fred in every cartoon for the past 9 years).
    They didn't even get Matthew Lillard, the iconic voice of Shaggy (who even played him in the live-action film). Didn't even contact him, and he found out about the film's existence a few weeks ago through a Twitter post about the cast.
    I doubt an original Scooby-Doo animated feature film needs A-List celebs to market it as appealing to everyone. Just use the nostalgia!!

EDIT: Also, can we talk about how they STOLE Fred's Ascot?! Or how Scoob is speaking way more coherent sentences than usual?

• Exactly how I feel, animation is good but some real disrespect to voice actors.

Also not to mention this fucking film is in reality a cross over with such amazing characters like Blue Falcon, Dinomutt, and ya boy Captain Caveman. Notice how that isnt highlighted even though that is the actual plot.

AChicken posted: »

In other news, the trailer for the upcoming Scooby-Doo 3D CGI film is out. And I hate it. Well, the animation is great, and it looks

• a cross over with such amazing characters like Blue Falcon, Dinomutt, and ya boy Captain Caveman.

Oh... Uh, I've somehow never heard of those properties in my life.
    Please enlighten me.

Exactly how I feel, animation is good but some real disrespect to voice actors. Also not to mention this fucking film is in reality a cro

• What exactly am I looking at here?

These leaks are so bogus!

• edited November 2019

If they were going to get Frank Welker for Scooby, why not just cast him as Fred as well?

In other news, the trailer for the upcoming Scooby-Doo 3D CGI film is out. And I hate it. Well, the animation is great, and it looks

• Yeah, that's how I felt too. He's done Fred for 50 years and Scooby only for the past 17 years. Why not just get him to do both as usual. Also could have really used Matthew Lillard for this one because the Shaggy in this movie is rough around the edges, to say the least.

That being said, Daphne and Velma sound fine to me.

If they were going to get Frank Welker for Scooby, why not just cast him as Fred as well?

• Ricardo Milos

What exactly am I looking at here?

• Bottom of the Barrel Hannah Barbara cartoons that for some reason Warner Bros has the biggest hard on about having Scooby Doo cross over with them multiple times and each time it not being good.

a cross over with such amazing characters like Blue Falcon, Dinomutt, and ya boy Captain Caveman. Oh... Uh, I've somehow never heard of those properties in my life. Please enlighten me.

• PSH, fool. Dont you know casting A list actors will 100% totally change sales for an animated kids movie? Cheaper to just get voice actors you say? Does more justice to the character as well? Nonsense! We shall go forward with this movie and when it fails due to the reality it being a racing movie, we shall shelf all Scooby Doo big budget ideas because clearly Scooby Doo just isnt good anymore!

• he only deserves that respect if taking the audience feedback didn't negatively effect the animators. if he had them redesign the CGI and he paid them properly for their work, I absolutely agree, he took the criticism to heart and made a better movie because of it. if he had them redesign the CGI and didn't pay them any extra and forced them to do crunch and emotionally torment them, like many animators in the industry have to suffer through, then i'd rather have had the old model if it would prevent innocent people getting shit all over by the corporate machine.

AronDracula posted: »

The director deserves a lot of respect for actually giving a shit about fanbase feedback. It's so rare to see modern studios taking the negative response from the audience seriously nowadays.

• I personally think it looks wonderful. I love Matthew Lillard and I think he's absolutely perfect in every role he's in, but you have to remember that when he first got casted people hated him and even Shaggy's original VA was upset by the portrayal. Matthew got time to grow into his own, and while his Shaggy is shaky, I think Will Forte will be able to do some great things if he's given a chance.

As for the others, yes I agree it seems odd how they're replacing the original actors and it does seem money motivated, but I meeeaaann… Zac Efron as Fred is kind of perfect. Fred is the generic full of himself white dudebro who loves his friends and can be a bit too full of himself. That's pretty much the role Efron was born to play. And Efron is also an incredibly good actor. Gina Rodriguez and Amanda Seyfried are also good choices for Velma and Daphne (seriously, Gina's velma voice is super good), although if given the choice I'd prefer to have the originals. I just think we should give the newbies a fair shake. Matthew Lillard, Frank Welker and the others aren't gonna be around forever, and if these new guys do well enough they might be the next generation's Mystery Inc.

Plus it's hard for me to completely write off a Scooby Doo movie directed by the guy who directed and produced The Looney Tunes Show and Duck Dodgers, two of the best WB cartoon reboots ever. He also produced the best Scooby Doo show so I think Cervone knows what he's doing.

• That's King Cole?

The more he posts, the more I believe it's fake. Look at King Cole's moustache. That's not how perspective works.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.