If telltale can get one licence

since a lot of old telltale licences have gone back to there respect owners if new telltale can get back 1 licence from any of its games that old telltale made which game would it be

Comments

• Wolf Among Us. If they can prove to the gaming industry that they can make great games; they'll get more licenses

• If it had to be one license, it’d be walking dead. Skybound and Telltale had the closest relationship compared to the other companies telltale has worked with in the past, so I guess there’s more trust there if they want to make more spin-offs

• Especially after the success of S1 and winning GOTY

Melton23 posted: »

If it had to be one license, it’d be walking dead. Skybound and Telltale had the closest relationship compared to the other companies telltale has worked with in the past, so I guess there’s more trust there if they want to make more spin-offs

• Christ enough with TWD already they've milked that shit to death there's nothing more to do

If it had to be one license, it’d be walking dead. Skybound and Telltale had the closest relationship compared to the other companies telltale has worked with in the past, so I guess there’s more trust there if they want to make more spin-offs

• edited November 2019

Saying the walking dead has been milked to death is like saying the gta series has been milked to death. There’s always more to do, especially when one franchise is one of the most popular franchises out there with over 16 or so games, in comparison to a smaller scaled series with a total of 5. There’s still more to explore in the realms of spin-offs, not saying it isn’t unnecessary, but I am saying it’d be miles better than wolf 2 fucking fight me the first game was utter shit fresh out the ass

iFoRias posted: »

Christ enough with TWD already they've milked that shit to death there's nothing more to do

• They could just make a better remaster that isn't shitty, boi.

Christ enough with TWD already they've milked that shit to death there's nothing more to do

• They were already done with TWD after S2 imo the quality really went downhill after that one so i don't see why they should make another one the last two games sold like shit,the franchise is dying the comics are done and soon the show will be over too.

Wolf has more potential,almost everyone loved it so it makes more sense for them to make another one and like someone else said prove they can still make great games.

Saying the walking dead has been milked to death is like saying the gta series has been milked to death. There’s always more to do, especial

• Or, your a butthurt TWAU twitter stan...
    Just saying, but jeez!

They were already done with TWD after S2 imo the quality really went downhill after that one so i don't see why they should make another one

• edited November 2019

GTA has only gotten better with each new game. TWD got worse.

You can hate TWAU all you want, that's your opinion, but I literally can't see how you can say that TWD is worthy of more time when it had four games and two spinoffs already, and each one got worse and strayed a little further from what season 1 used to be. You already got to see what a spinoff with a new cast of characters would be like, and those two games (Michonne, A New Frontier) were the worst ones in the series.

It had its time in the sun and you guys got your big grand finale. Stop being so greedy and let the rest of us have one fucking sequel to a game that deserves it. imo Telltale concentrating so much on TWD instead of developing sequels to other games their fans wanted or just doing something new was one of the things that killed them anyway

Saying the walking dead has been milked to death is like saying the gta series has been milked to death. There’s always more to do, especial

• edited November 2019

Horrible thought... Fortnite: Story Mode
    (Even though it would make sense from a business standpoint)

• That's a one episode story tops. There's not enough content there to make it into a Good 5 episode series.

Horrible thought... Fortnite: Story Mode (Even though it would make sense from a business standpoint)

• edited November 2019

So how come me hating wolf is an opinion, but you hating twd is a fact in regards to how bad the series is? You could say because they received mixed reviews...though the keyword being mixed. ANF was average, it wasn’t good or bad if you want to be technical

booper posted: »

GTA has only gotten better with each new game. TWD got worse. You can hate TWAU all you want, that's your opinion, but I literally can't

• edited November 2019

You're right. It's my opinion that TWD became a disappointing, milked wreck of a series from season 2 onward. It's also apparently an opinion that's shared in the community, to a degree. Look at any thread that brings up ANF, even here. People are still arguing over how good or bad it is, but I think most people can agree that it's the low point of the series. And do you ever see anyone ever talk about Michonne? What about 400 Days?

But all of that aside, it doesn't change the fact that TWD had its time. It's over. It's not like it stopped at season 1, teased a sequel, had that sequel put on ice for several years and got canceled just when it was announced like TWAU was. But even if you hate TWAU, there are still other Telltale games that deserve sequels that never got them, like TFTB and GOT. Hell, even though it's never going to happen, I'd even love to see a new Strong Bad game. Asking for more TWD by this point just feels like the exact kind of greed that made Telltale stagnate and get complacent and think that TWD was ALL their fans cared about.

So how come me hating wolf is an opinion, but you hating twd is a fact in regards to how bad the series is? You could say because they recei

• edited November 2019

Yeah but look at time in between GTA releases and Walking Dead related releases instead of numbers.

Walking Dead started as a comic but then it became a show in 2010 and got popular which in turn started to get the series milked. The show now has over 100 episodes and 10 seasons, a spin off series, another spin off series coming out early next year, a talk show series about the show, 4 story based games and many other games based on the license, and a plan for 3 movies going forward. Within 16 years GTA has only released 11 games and 4 DLCs while within 9 years Walking Dead has the following at a rapid rate.

There isnt much wrong with a long on going series as I dont really see that as milking, I more so see milking as rapidly expanding the IP like Walking Dead did as most of what I said above happened all pretty close to each other within that period. And they are milking Walking Dead to its last breath. The comic is over, the games are over, they already said they "dont plan on ending the show" which obviously isnt true as the ratings steadily drop lower and lower (but it already says they are milking it if they are saying they just want to ride it into the ground.) Theres a reason why almost no one talks about Walking Dead anymore, they kept going instead of knowing when to quit because they want to milk the IP into the ground until it doesnt make money anymore, and in turn people stopped watching or caring because it was clear it wasnt going anywhere because they want to stretch it out until the money stops.

Edit: Completely forgot about Telltale Michonne and Im sure Im forgetting even more Walking Dead stuff at this point its so over inflated.

• The same could've been said about Minecraft. Telltale just has to make their own story for Fortnite. That shit would sell.

That's a one episode story tops. There's not enough content there to make it into a Good 5 episode series.

• Well they have Batman and Wolf Among us license allready so I'm quite happy.

• Wallace and gromit

I need it

• Sam & Max. I'd say double fine but after getting acquired by microsoft I wouldn't want their tainted hands all over it now. They need a home and if this new telltale really turns out to be legit that could be a great return to form.

• Hope they make a spider man TT game so I can see uncle Ben die again.

• Scooby-Doo!: The Telltale Series, maybe?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.