Is LCG Entertainment going to buy rights to Telltale's previous games?

So LCG entertainment purchased SOME of Telltale's games, but not all of them. Are they planning on purchasing rights to the previous games, or are they just going to make new ones? Very curious.

Comments

• I think it depends on the right's popularity, things like 'GOTG' and 'Bone' are definitely NOT being added.
    I've heard somewhere that 2k and telltale are trying to strike a deal, I'm sure that early next year we'll see TFTB on stores again.

• Praying they get Borderlands as a contract before it’s ruined by BL3 lead writer that knowing Adhoc is working with Telltale. I don’t care if it releases years from now, just need that insurance.

• edited December 2019

They stated that they want/wish to get the license of every former Telltale game, but they will only make new seasons with "the company’s best-selling brands." I can only think of 3 IP's right now that fit that catagory to some degree. (Worth to mention that gearbox developers wants to make another season and BL3 acknowledge Tales from the Borderlands, within the universe.)

Wolf: ( No need to explain why SEASON 2 HELL YEA <3 Wish I could buy everyone a shot.)

Batman: The first season allegedly tanked but the secound season improved it's sale numbers on multiple platforms, making this series maybe the only one that increase profit with the later iteration. Also there where problems with the development behind the scenes aka like every telltale game but especially with this one. The fact that it tanked might be less about sales numbers but rather that the project got expensive to make.

Minecraft: It's minecraft, this is the Ip that kept Telltale alive untile it diden't so when LCG states in the Press Release the following "...with the intent of re-releasing select games from the studio’s back catalog and developing new games in some of the company’s best-selling brands" it speeks by default to the MCSM Ip.

• Minecraft: It's minecraft, this is the Ip that kept Telltale alive untile it diden't so when LCG states in the Press Release the following "...with the intent of re-releasing select games from the studio’s back catalog and developing new games in some of the company’s best-selling brands" it speeks by default to the MCSM Ip.

Told y'all. MCSM S3 confirmed.

They stated that they want/wish to get the license of every former Telltale game, but they will only make new seasons with "the company’s be

• Thanos and I are friends, we'll snap you outta' existence.

BigBadPaul posted: »

Minecraft: It's minecraft, this is the Ip that kept Telltale alive untile it diden't so when LCG states in the Press Release the following "

Sign in to comment in this discussion.