The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited December 2019

Maybe. But the only thing left is old Telltale legacy titles, that aren't on modern consoles.

The so-called leaked blog post mentioned something to the effect of 'we'll have more information about Telltale's catalog later in the year'.

“We’re excited to be able to build and continue the legacy of an iconic Telltale Games franchise by launching The Telltale Batman Shadows Edition today,” Jamie Ottilie, CEO of Telltale Games. “This is just the beginning in a much more expansive plan to build on our catalog of Telltale Games titles, which we hope to discuss in further detail in the coming months.

lupinb0y posted: »

Do you think that while we wait for Wolf 2 (which'll probably be out in 2021), New-Telltale will do something else akin to Batman: Noir with another series in order to tide people over? Or will there just be a few Wolf teasers here and there?

• If that's true, I wonder if this means they managed to get back the rights to some of the titles that had reverted when Telltale 1 shut down.

AChicken posted: »

Maybe. But the only thing left is old Telltale legacy titles, that aren't on modern consoles. The so-called leaked blog post mentioned so

• So Sekiro Shadows Die Twice is the GOTY winner for 2019. As a FromSoftware fan, I'm so happy for Hidetaka Miyazaki. I don't love Sekiro as much as Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne but I will always give them respect for doing something different and also keep using their trademarks at the same time. Sekiro has a great story, the combat is very challenging and the main bosses are pretty dangerously fun. My only problem with this game is the repetition of mini-bosses, did we really need to fight some of the same enemies more than twice?

I hope this puts those fucking game journalist shitheads in a shame. Calling a game, which was always meant to be difficult, disrespectful for the lack of easy mode? Same could have been said for the first Super Mario Bros game, which was difficult for a lot of people back in the day. AND THIS IS COMING FROM FROMSOFTWARE, THEY WERE NEVER KNOWN FOR MAKING GAMES FOR CHILDREN!!!

Cannot wait for Elden Ring, a Dark Souls open world type produced by Miyazaki and George RR Martin, the Game of Thrones book writer. I really hope Bloodborne gets a sequel afterwards. It deserves at least one because it's one of the main reasons PS4 was successful and feels like I need more from it.

• edited December 2019

Wolf 2 pre production started in May. Not March.

Anyone remembers Dave Fennoy saying "my lips are sealed"? I bet he knew they were working on TWAU S2 early this year https://twitter.com/DaveFennoy/status/1108885116598792193

• I guess you're right

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Wolf 2 pre production started in May. Not March.

• I’m glad it’s happening. Also I doubt the teaser actually teases any story detail other than it’s in the winter and a sequel not a double prequel

hemfbg posted: »

when the game awards are over and twau2 is official again but now you have no idea when we'll next get info about the game, its release date, why snow wants us to go beastmode ???? this is a whole new set of problems

• Was thinking the same, hopefully this place gets fixed up by the Batman release.

Pipas posted: »

With TWAU 2 now officially under way, it'd be great if we were finally able to access the forums from the main page. Like seriously, if I di

• I'm torn on it personally because on one hand Miyazaki deserves recognition for single handedly changing the course of the gaming industry so a GOTY award is perfect for him.

On the other though, Control and RE2 deserve it sooooo much more than Sekiro.

AronDracula posted: »

So Sekiro Shadows Die Twice is the GOTY winner for 2019. As a FromSoftware fan, I'm so happy for Hidetaka Miyazaki. I don't love Sekiro as m

• I haven't played Control yet but I understand why RE2 didn't win GOTY. I still think it should have won at least one award.

I'm torn on it personally because on one hand Miyazaki deserves recognition for single handedly changing the course of the gaming industry s

• I was not expecting to ever see a sequel to Hellblade. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

• Sucks all this info has come out this weekend when I've been super busy, but I do plan on making a full Wolf 2 reveal video fellers.

• Of course I’m grateful it’s happening. I can be grateful and stressed at the same time

Be grateful it's even happening.

• idk I’m probably gonna agonise over it until the game comes out to be honest

Poogers555 posted: »

I’m glad it’s happening. Also I doubt the teaser actually teases any story detail other than it’s in the winter and a sequel not a double prequel

• It does. I'm on my phone rn so I can't post the pic, but I brightened up a cap that shows the room zoomed out as far as it can possibly go right before the logo hits, and it reveals that there's another person in the room with Bigby and Snow. They're standing out of frame but their sleeve is blue and they're carrying a clip board with a document on it that says MISSING PERSON.

I'm pretty sure that it's Boy Blue and this is what the conflict of the season is going to be about. Go cap the trailer and see it for yourself, it's definitely there.

I’m glad it’s happening. Also I doubt the teaser actually teases any story detail other than it’s in the winter and a sequel not a double prequel

• I thought it was just Snow and her shadow?

booper posted: »

It does. I'm on my phone rn so I can't post the pic, but I brightened up a cap that shows the room zoomed out as far as it can possibly go r

• That's just Snow.

It does. I'm on my phone rn so I can't post the pic, but I brightened up a cap that shows the room zoomed out as far as it can possibly go r

• edited December 2019

Nope. Look at the perspective between Bigby and the "shadow". He's looking directly at her.

That's just Snow.

• edited December 2019

Hmmm, I thought those were just strong Unreal Engine 4 shadows, this is interesting.

Nope. Look at the perspective between Bigby and the "shadow". He's looking directly at her.

• edited December 2019

That's her shadow. You can even see the light from the window cutting off where her legs should be at the bottom of the screenshot. Bigby is turning to look at Snow who is behind him holding the clipboard.

Besides, if Snow was next to him, why would she be shorter than him even while he's sitting down?

• Then I stand corrected. The strong shade of blue on her sleeve is what threw me off. That and Blue's inclusion is a given at this point since she's deputy mayor now and he already cameos in the first season indirectly anyway.

I'll argue that the clipboard says MISSING PERSON though, which might be our first real hint at what this season is going to be about.

That's her shadow. You can even see the light from the window cutting off where her legs should be at the bottom of the screenshot. Bigby is

• teases any story detail other than it’s in the winter

The Winter Wolf CONFIRMED

• The Xbox One finally allowed me to play Crash a few hours ago after updates, installations, and updates while Attack on Titan 2...updates.

Yeah, wasn't exactly a fun time. This game doesn't exactly play like mascot racers typically do and yet it does...?

• THE KING OF THE NORTH!

teases any story detail other than it’s in the winter The Winter Wolf CONFIRMED

• Ehhhhhhhh- thats Snow. Im sure Boy Blue will appear but thats 100% Snow. He isnt looking directly at her its just a very common thing to do in cinematics especially a noir thing like this to have him turn his head half way.

Noir films always do this type of shadow trick stuff. The shadow leading into the person standing with the job towards the person turned.

• I wouldnt worry about it, if the game isnt even out until at least 2021 theres no way they know the entire plot at this point. Not to give any of those leakers credit as I feel it would be obvious anyway, but this trailer was probably made just to go "Hell yeah we are making Wolf 2"

hemfbg posted: »

idk I’m probably gonna agonise over it until the game comes out to be honest

• Hey,man long time no see! Glad to be back

I wouldnt worry about it, if the game isnt even out until at least 2021 theres no way they know the entire plot at this point. Not to give a

• Sooo happy to be back and soooo many things happen today. I wonder what new changes are made here on Telltale are exactly?

• Is there a chance we'll be getting another trailer soon? The one the leaker from yesterday posted gifs of seems legit, and Sabi cleared them as being reliable. Seeing as how Batman Shadow Edition hasn't been announced yet when it was supposed to and the trailer was supposed to be released with it, I'm wondering if they're holding off for some reason.

• I dont think the leaks are real tbh who knows. Sabi did just say in general to trust wolf 2 being announced.

I hope Telltale does give us updates at a somewhat decent rate, but I feel the next time we will see anything will be E3.

Is there a chance we'll be getting another trailer soon? The one the leaker from yesterday posted gifs of seems legit, and Sabi cleared them

• edited December 2019

I wonder if we play as Snow in this game. I kinda hope not to be honest. For a game like this I feel it works best as a single playable protag experience as its about filling in the shoes of the detective. Adding a second playable character may weaken that feeling as now instead of being that one person trying to discover it on your own now its split between multiple perspectives on the mystery instead of taht single one which make weaken that same protag and player felling and make you feel more like youre playing god. Either way I trust it will be good.

• Anytime someone says they have footage/pictures of a leak and the best they can post are soundless videos in potato quality or closeup shots with horrible lighting, they're almost certainly fake.

I dont think the leaks are real tbh who knows. Sabi did just say in general to trust wolf 2 being announced. I hope Telltale does give us updates at a somewhat decent rate, but I feel the next time we will see anything will be E3.

• Where's my Cars 4. I need to see a continuation of the McQueen Saga.

Just one last ride.

• Pixar confirmed no more sequels for 10 years from now on.

Where's my Cars 4. I need to see a continuation of the McQueen Saga. Just one last ride.

• I'm glad I'm not the only one who hopes this doesn't happen. I'd be more than happy with her taking an active role by being with Bigby in more of his investigations, but TWAU really works better as a single player experience. This is supposed to be Bigby's story first and foremost while Fables is more of Snow's; she feels like the closest the comics come to having a main character.

I wonder if we play as Snow in this game. I kinda hope not to be honest. For a game like this I feel it works best as a single playable prot

• Holy God the forums are back! When did this happen?

• edited December 2019

It never went down. Or at least, it never stayed down for long. One/two days at a time max.

It happened a few months ago when we were expecting the whole place to keel over at any moment. Everyone was saying their goodbyes. It was all pretty emotional. Then one day we noticed the websites license got renewed for another year, a new moderator (Nikolah) was suddenly on the site (who we assumed saved the site for some reason), and a few days later Telltale's resurrection happened.

It was pretty magical.

Holy God the forums are back! When did this happen?

• Don't mind me. Just doing some shameless advertising for a fan trailer I edited.

• I remember the impression that that's how TWDG Season 3 was gonna work.

I wonder if we play as Snow in this game. I kinda hope not to be honest. For a game like this I feel it works best as a single playable prot

• if that shadow is snow then snow is missing some legs since her last outing.

also do you know how lighting and coloring works because that sleeve is only blue because of the color palette of the scene and the way it's lit. there's a very clear emphasis on harsh purples and blues to match the tone of the neo-noir look the wolf among us went for since episode one.

• Woah, I thought this forum was gone forever.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.