WORST/MOST DISAPPOINTING GAMES OF THE DECADE

edited December 2019 in General Chat

This one is going be different compared to "Best games of the decade" thread. Not everyone played a bad game every year so just post terrible games that were released in 2010-2019. Here is my list:

JUST PLAIN SHIT
1. Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days (WTF was this shit? Terrible characters, atrocious camera, broken gunplay and very short. Fuck this game)
2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Is it shocking that a 10-year-old game was much better than this garbage? Next gen, MY ASS. Empty open world, downgraded graphics, terrible swing mechanics and a shit story. Thank God for Insomniac to bring Spider-Man back alive in gaming)
3. Evolve (I feel bad for my step-father. He bought this game for me but he didn't know this game was received poorly. This is basically an EA game that isn't published by EA. All the content is locked behind the paywall and the gameplay was just boring. I didn't even bother checking further. It wasn't fun at all. Not to mention the serves didn't even last 5 years and were shut)

Worst Disappointments
1. The Walking Dead A New Frontier (Is that even surprising? This shit changed everything forever for the worst. I defended Telltale games for years and this is how they repay me? By pulling an Alien 3 on their beloved franchise? Fuck you, Kevin Bruner)
2. Outlast 2 (I was a huge fan of the first game and the DLC. Outlast inspired me to get into the horror genre and Outlast 2 was my number 1 most anticipated game of 2017. I can't believe that what I just played was a running simulator with repetitive level design, forgettable villains and a story with so many questions unanswered. I'm not sure if I should be excited for Outlast 3)
3. InFamous Second Son (I know a lot of people love this game but it was very disappointing to me. Especially compared to the first 2 games. It's not a bad game but what disappointed me the most is the story and the open world free roam. The characters are forgettable, Delsin is not very relatable compared to Cole MacGrath and it lacks citizen side quests from the first games. It just didn't give enough reasons to replay after doing both good and bad karma path)

Comments

• Two words for ya'..... Sonic 06

• Except that was released in 2006.

Two words for ya'..... Sonic 06

• edited December 2019

JUST PLAIN SHIT
    1. Fallout 76
    It's bad
    2. Assassin's Creed: Unity
    It's bad
    3. Black Ops 4
    It's bad
    4. Fortnite
    It's bad
    Worst Disappointment
    1. Wolfenstein: Young Blood
    It's bad
    2. Halo 5
    It's bad
    3. Resident Evil 6
    It's bad
    4. Mafia 3
    It's bad
    5. Dead Space 3
    It's bad
    6. Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    It's bad
    7. Battlefront
    It's bad
    8. WatchDogs
    It's bad
    9. For Honor
    It's bad
    10. Arkham Knight
    It's bad

• But it still is/was shit.

AronDracula posted: »

Except that was released in 2006.

• edited December 2019

Bad: Fallout 76 (Do I need to explain why?)
    NBA 2K20 (This is like a gambling simulator and had bug issues since release)
    EA UFC 3 (The gameplay is terrible and somehow worse then UFC 1 and 2)
    Disappointing: Black Ops 3 and 4 (As someone who actually likes Black Ops 1 and 2 , why did Treyarch ruin this series with microtransactions and ruin the story)
    Saints Row Gat out of Hell (Shortest Saints Row game and definitely the worst I've played out of all of them)

• I'm surprised nobody's mentioned No Man's Sky yet. Granted, they've released patches and updates to the point where the game is actually playable and much closer to what the advertising promised, but on its initial launch, people were really pissed off at how underwhelming and empty it was.

• Nah I thought that was decent.

FNAF 3

• edited December 2019

Wow 10 posts already and no one's mentioned Mass Effect Andromeda yet ? hehe

Most disappointing games would be ANF,Duke Nukem Forever,Metal Gear Survive and Fallout 76 the moment Bethesda went full retard.
    Also Star Wars Battlefront 2 was really disappointing when it came out but got a LOT better since then.

As for just plain shit,that Rambo Game from 2014,The Quiet Man (FMV game),and Aliens Colonial Marines.

• I know I’m being biased on this But yeah Fortnite sucks that’s why I play PUBG it’s realistic and has the best guns I can ever ask for.😎

JUST PLAIN SHIT 1. Fallout 76 It's bad 2. Assassin's Creed: Unity It's bad 3. Black Ops 4 It's bad 4. Fortnite It's bad Worst Disap

• Okay, of the decade?
    virgin... I mean Fortnite.

• A New Frontier...

• Just cause 4, it's just a mess compared to the 3rd.

• edited January 2020

If I have to give an answer, it would be the Witcher 3. Most overrated piece of shit I’ve ever played. If I had the guts to throw old games away, I wouldn’t just throw it away, it’s getting bonfired. The only saving grace in the game is the brothels and sex scenes, and even they look like utter asshole compared to my big titty naked lizards and cats on my PC skyrim. Yeah I’m a furry. Woof.

• Gotta agree to be honest. I really wanted to get into Witcher 3 but a lot of the game mechanics just started feeling like chores.

also daily reminder sekerio is bad and this is just straight fax no printer

Melton23 posted: »

If I have to give an answer, it would be the Witcher 3. Most overrated piece of shit I’ve ever played. If I had the guts to throw old games

• Fallout 4 by quite a large margin.

• Well that's understandable. That game relies heavily on the CPU. PS4 CPU is even weaker then PS3 when fully optimize so development must have been a living hell.

Just cause 4, it's just a mess compared to the 3rd.

• Can you at least explain why you hate Sekiro? If you say it's too hard, THEN GIT GUD, YOU SCRUB!!!!!!!

Poogers555 posted: »

Gotta agree to be honest. I really wanted to get into Witcher 3 but a lot of the game mechanics just started feeling like chores. also daily reminder sekerio is bad and this is just straight fax no printer

• Sloppy controls, any third person game thats seriously going to go "sorry bucko cant turn your camera past 180 degrees while moving" gets an instant garbage seal of approval from me. Whole game felt like how it feels to play a video game with cheeto fingers.

Can you at least explain why you hate Sekiro? If you say it's too hard, THEN GIT GUD, YOU SCRUB!!!!!!!

• I'm going to assume that this is your first FromSoftware game you ever played, right?

Poogers555 posted: »

Sloppy controls, any third person game thats seriously going to go "sorry bucko cant turn your camera past 180 degrees while moving" gets an

• Played Dark Souls back in the day however it was on console not pc. (and obviously they are very similar games in terms of gameplay, but at least when I was playing Dark Souls it didnt feel like I had cheeto fingers. In all fairness pc controls might just suck)

I'm going to assume that this is your first FromSoftware game you ever played, right?

• A New Frontier as both worst and most disappointing, though I'll admit I don't play a lot of games :p.

• fortnuts my homeboys

• Driver 2 : The wheel Mans Back .

Dessert Storm 2 : Back To Baghdad

Most of the Tony Hawk Games....(Except for the soundtrack which are really fine most enjoyable) .

Sign in to comment in this discussion.