The Walking Dead VR

edited August 2022 in General Chat

Comments

• Got the system but have to replace the motherboard in my PC before I can play.

People have been saying there are references to Ericson in the game. Strange since it takes place in New Orleans.

• I'm sure it's just a subtle nod to the Telltale fans. Kinda like an inside joke. If you know, you know

Got the system but have to replace the motherboard in my PC before I can play. People have been saying there are references to Ericson in the game. Strange since it takes place in New Orleans.

• edited January 2020

I really hope for the next step of gaming can transfer our consciences in a video game , that would be sick imagine me playing resident evil three remake while I transfer my consciousness while playing it and fighting Nemesis ?

• You should watch Sword Art Online. That technology is dope, minus all the criminal activity.

I really hope for the next step of gaming can transfer our consciences in a video game , that would be sick imagine me playing resident evil three remake while I transfer my consciousness while playing it and fighting Nemesis ?

• Sorry for the errors, Siri and I don’t get along well, I was hoping we could transfer our consciousness into the game imagine playing any action game or any survival horror game and a virtual reality simulation break a transfer your conscience Ness there and you are your own character ?

I hope that is the next big step because man, I wouldn’t look so forward to be using that .

You should watch Sword Art Online. That technology is dope, minus all the criminal activity.

• That experience would be beyond words. It would be hard to get me out of it if we had it now. Hopefully that tech will be around when I'm an old man and just completely blow my mind. 🤯

Sorry for the errors, Siri and I don’t get along well, I was hoping we could transfer our consciousness into the game imagine playing any

• edited January 2020

Imagine if I was playing PUBG, or any Resident Evil game and my consciousness was in the game man I don’t know if I should be excited or scared or both because VR is one step closer to that.

Plus if you think of it, that would pretty much make Noobs better players.🤔

That experience would be beyond words. It would be hard to get me out of it if we had it now. Hopefully that tech will be around when I'm an old man and just completely blow my mind. 🤯

• Plus if you think of it, that would pretty much make Noobs better players.🤔

Same thing if you could create art or animations using only your mind. If there was software that could copy your imagination to the enth degree, including auditory sensations, that would be revolutionary for art and science.

Imagine if I was playing PUBG, or any Resident Evil game and my consciousness was in the game man I don’t know if I should be excited or sc

• A perfect game to be using that kind of technology would be definitely (ArK: Survival) Whatever prehistoric call him if you want to be and whether it’s the Ice Age or cretaceous Sarah or even in the swamp regents man you got to be on your tippy toes day in and day out, I remember first playing the game and to make a long story short I ran deep into theJungle and Uhhh well I ended up like this guy.

Plus if you think of it, that would pretty much make Noobs better players.🤔 Same thing if you could create art or animations using o

• That, and like every RPG ever. And Minecraft, because minecraft should live forever.

A perfect game to be using that kind of technology would be definitely (ArK: Survival) Whatever prehistoric call him if you want to be and w

• My life is an RPG game 😆

That, and like every RPG ever. And Minecraft, because minecraft should live forever.

• Finally got it set up. It's actually alot more challenging that I thought it would be. Resources there scarce and you have limited inventory to put things in. Plus walkers have a chance to block your attacks and leave you open to being grabbed. Gun fights at the beginning are tough because you have to make sure you're not in the open and have to make your shots count so you don't get overwhelmed. Every day that passes the world get's more dangerous so you have to run through every map to get everything you can before the day ends and the herds come out. I need more practice to become good at this game.

• How's your melee skills?

Finally got it set up. It's actually alot more challenging that I thought it would be. Resources there scarce and you have limited inventory

• Actually, one handed combat isn't that bad. I try to stick to using spoons and glass bottles to save durability on craftable weapons. Good for a small group of walkers, but you have to be aware of how quickly you can retrieve a weapon back and how mush stamina you have. The grab and stab is probably the easiest way to get your weapons back quickly, as pulling weapons out one handed can require multiple yanks to come loose, but stamina drains faster if your holding a walker. It gets easier if you have to make a hit with a two-handed weapon, but your stamina drains really quickly at least with blunt weapons. It can be good for pushing a group back to give yourself some more space, as not hitting directly in the head results in a pushback. Keep in mind I haven't come across armored dudes yet. That will need a new approach
    Stealth is definitely required for people with guns. The guns at the beginning can't be relied on for ranged combat and reloading often leaves you open to attack. Moving from cover at all get's you turned to swiss cheese so maybe leaning to look out from cover to fire would be the best. I can't wait to get a fire axe. I might have missed one since I've seen other people have one after the first mission. In the tutorial room I learned how to throw them and have it land in somebody's head. That. Was. Epic.

How's your melee skills?

• edited March 2020

Every time I visit the first scavenging location "The Shallows" this is the first song that pops into my head. I can't stop myself from singing parts of it while exploring the area and grabbing supplies.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.