TWD: The 'Telltale' Definitive Series {Fall 2022 Ship Date - Level52 Statue}

Comments

• TBH no one was gonna wear the hat in public. How does the shirt look though? Still the same design?

I know we’re all focusing on the statue (which I agree looks like shit), but look at the difference in the Kenny hat from what was promised

• edited December 2019

No word or picture on the shirt or the poster for that matter. They'll probably look exactly as pictured, then.

TBH no one was gonna wear the hat in public. How does the shirt look though? Still the same design?

• edited December 2019

@AChicken aight

• No one will ever learn from the pre-ordering mistake.

Poogers555 posted: »

This whole edition is fucked with the whole splitting it up on release plus no refunds at the start. At this point its going to be really h

• Is it REALLY that hard to just put a picture of a figure right next to you on a desk and look at it while modifying it through a software? Laziness at its best.

I know we’re all focusing on the statue (which I agree looks like shit), but look at the difference in the Kenny hat from what was promised

• Fucking Skybound

AronDracula posted: »

Is it REALLY that hard to just put a picture of a figure right next to you on a desk and look at it while modifying it through a software? Laziness at its best.

• Everybody, send this video to Skybound Games over Twitter or any way you have of reaching them. Let's not stand for this.

https://youtu.be/NgJ1P1FWivE

• The Lee and Clementine statue looks okay at best, only issue are the colors.

• and Clementine's face.

The Lee and Clementine statue looks okay at best, only issue are the colors. https://twitter.com/Its_Squiggs/status/1204400114485354499

• yeah they could work on that too, and they need to fix lee so he doesn't look like ricardo milos.

Ghetsis posted: »

and Clementine's face.

• I thought you said the only problem was the colours.

yeah they could work on that too, and they need to fix lee so he doesn't look like ricardo milos.

• Opinions change over time.

I thought you said the only problem was the colours.

• Good on them for allowing refunds when they easily could have just kept going, but Jesus Christ. This other statute is obviously going to be some super small also low quality thing, lets be real. They arnt about to drop a fuck ton of money on something more high quality than the last statue for free.

Here's an update from Skybound https://twitter.com/Skybound/status/1205180107440001025 https://help.skybound.com/support/solutions/articles/30000038331-guardian-and-signature-packs-clem-and-lee-diorama

• How exactly are refunds going to work, as people have already bought, received, and played the game when that was shipped out?

• If they’re going to get a new statue that not only won’t impact the delivery date, but will be included for free, then why did they just not go ahead and commission the higher quality statue in the first place? I’m glad they’re correcting it (supposedly), but it still doesn’t add up. That means Skybound still greenlit the lower quality statue and just hoped we wouldn’t raise a stink about it.

Here's an update from Skybound https://twitter.com/Skybound/status/1205180107440001025 https://help.skybound.com/support/solutions/articles/30000038331-guardian-and-signature-packs-clem-and-lee-diorama

• edited December 2019

Yeah, just saw that email.

...Note how they said "brand new, original, alternate posed version of a Clem and Lee statue". Nothing about that statement to me says that the figure won't be of higher-quality and not made out of shiny plastic. For all we know it could be shiny Clem and Lee T-posing, and still looking ugly.
    I don't know how to feel about this. I think I'll still keep my order, since if they do go through with this then at least the inclusion of another statue would increase the base value a bit more to be worth the 350$ I paid.

So... what? Now in this purchase we get:

• Definitive Game Copy
    • T-Shirt
    • Poster
    • Disco Broccoli Plush
    • Kenny's Hat
    • Clementine Nesting Doll
    • Statue
    • Set of 3 pins - Lee, Clem, Rosie
    • Additional Collectible Pin (as of 07/29 delay email)
    • Additional Collectible Pin (as of 12/06 shipment email)
    • Additonal Original Statue (as of 12/12 backlash email) - To be delivered later

How exactly are refunds going to work, as people have already bought, received, and played the game when that was shipped out?

@MetallicaRules
    I feel like since people have already received the Game portion of the product, then they'll refund the purchase -60$USD

• Honestly comes off that they just dont want people to return it, so they promise something else so people dont, they go past that final refund date, and then boom, ship out the low quality 3 inch statue.

AChicken posted: »

Yeah, just saw that email. ...Note how they said "brand new, original, alternate posed version of a Clem and Lee statue". Nothing about t

• Skybound delayed it was all because the original statue didn't meet their standards, so we got this, but they never showed us how the rejected statue looked like. Plot twist, the one they rejected looks way better. :D
    About the refunds, they said, they will give out full refunds, even if you already received the game. Last day to request a refund it before January 10, 2020
    Kenny's hat, color is way off. His hat is suppose to be dark brown not light brown. Either someone thinks it don't matter, like if anyone really cares about the minor differences, or they're using some cheap displays, resulting in "my brown isn't the same as your brown". It's the reason why those who work in imaging, photography, and the like uses Pro monitors. Don't want to get yelled at by their clients, the color red they asked for isn't red, but orange, even though on your cheap display the orange actually looks like red.
    So they're giving another statue for free with a new pose and everything. I wonder what would it be. I'm hoping it's either from S4 E3, with them sitting down while riding the train. Lee pushing Clem on the swing, or both sitting on the tree house, although this never happened in the game.

• just a reminder: collector's editions are slated to start shipping in 2 days. hopefully. if there's not another delay.

• Just got my TWD Vinyls.

• Well hopefully, this whole ordeal will be over soon and I can get the damn products I spent a couple hundred dollars on and ordered months ago. In the time it has taken to finally get this out, I have graduated college, changed addresses 3 times, and have started working at Amazon. I’m beyond sick and tired of this and just want my damn stuff.

• edited January 2020

I like how there's a hint of irony in there.
    In the time it's taken for this thing to ship (pre-orders opened in April-May of last year, supposed to have shipped in early Sept.) you got a job with the fastest shipping provider in the world, and it still probably won't arrive for at least another month.

(At least I know it won't for me, since usually my experience buying special products from 3rd-party U.S. shippers takes quite a long while to get here. 2-3 weeks at the least.)

Well hopefully, this whole ordeal will be over soon and I can get the damn products I spent a couple hundred dollars on and ordered months a

• Good point Chicken. Honestly, I’ll be surprised if I get it by the end of February. Meanwhile, I can have groceries ordered through Amazon, and they’re at my door within a few hours.

I like how there's a hint of irony in there. In the time it's taken for this thing to ship (pre-orders opened in April-May of last year, s

• edited January 2020

STATUE UPDATE

I'm late on this (this was announced January 9th), but Skybound has provided an update on the new statue they'll be making sometime this year, and it sounds like the quality of this one's about to be an improvement. (There's also a short interview about the company's statue-making process and thoughts on TWD.
    https://www.skybound.com/games/telltales-the-walking-dead/update-on-the-telltale-definitive-series-collectors-statue

Skybound has partnered with Level52 Studios, a Seattle company known for making high-end collectibles, toys, and yes, statues for video games and more.

Here you can find some images of their past pieces. They’ve created several collectibles for PlayStation exclusive titles like GOD OF WAR, UNCHARTED, and DAYS GONE, as well as some very cool DESTINY statues and collectibles. You may have seen their recent work for Hideo Kojima’s DEATH STRANDING, creating components for a life-size statue of Norman Reedus’ character in the game alongside Vincent Van Dyke Effects. That realistic babypod prop that got Kojima detained at customs? That may technically be their fault.

• Did the product ship for any of you guys? I don't have e-mail saying if they shipped it out or not.

• Neither do I

MintBlue92 posted: »

Did the product ship for any of you guys? I don't have e-mail saying if they shipped it out or not.

• No email here either, and the Walking Dead subreddit also has had no cases of a shipping notice.

Skybound… just... why?

Neither do I

• Honestly, I'm beginning to think we're not even getting it. Should have cancelled it when I had the chance.

No email here either, and the Walking Dead subreddit also has had no cases of a shipping notice. Skybound… just... why?

• edited February 2020

Ooh, just a minute.
    All is not lost. They (should be) sticking to their word if this tweet today is anything to go by. There's been some light delays in distribution. Shipping and Emails should go out within the next few days.

Still sucks that it took someone prompting them on Twitter for us to get an update/explanation.

(and the current situation in China)

Uh oh I better not get sent a corona-infected disco broccoli.

And to think, we should have gotten these in September! Then after November! Then it still wasn't all ready to be shipped out and distributed until February of this year! And even then it was delayed by a week (due to issues out of their control) because of world events and stricter customs checks.

Yeah, I'm definitely not buying from Skybound again for a long while.

Honestly, I'm beginning to think we're not even getting it. Should have cancelled it when I had the chance.

• Their utter lack of communication in regards to this delay (as you mentioned, they only did so because someone finally asked about it) is awful. The reasoning is understandable, but I fail to see why they waited until now to tell us that. Thank you Skybound for saving TFS, but you can definitely forget having me as a customer for a while.

Ooh, just a minute. All is not lost. They (should be) sticking to their word if this tweet today is anything to go by. There's been some l

• Seeing how badly things are going with this collection inb4 the collection somehow turns into the first delivery of packages containing corona virus

• This whole situation is so funny and sad that it seems like it could be an Internet Historian video.

Ooh, just a minute. All is not lost. They (should be) sticking to their word if this tweet today is anything to go by. There's been some l

• edited February 2020

Boy do I wish it was

"It was April of 2019, and the executives at Skybound had an amazing idea..."

This whole situation is so funny and sad that it seems like it could be an Internet Historian video.

• A bonus perk for the collector’s edition - it comes with an authentic recreation of the TWD virus!

Poogers555 posted: »

Seeing how badly things are going with this collection inb4 the collection somehow turns into the first delivery of packages containing corona virus

• Well, 2 months ago they did say we'd be getting another bonus pin and an additional surprise when it shipped.

Seems like the perfect thing only super-fans of the series would understand and appreciate... :blush: :cold_sweat:

A bonus perk for the collector’s edition - it comes with an authentic recreation of the TWD virus!

• So they never bother to tell us anything about it on their official twitter page and customers have to asked themselves about what's up with their orders. They could at least post micro updates on it, so it shows at least they care, it's like calling and being put on hold, you get a response like "someone will be right with you", rather than just having their customer sitting in the dark like idiots, wishing they just forget they've even ordered the damn thing. I did sense the moment they have to charge immediately on a pre-order, there is going to be problems and delays down the road because,
    No orders shipped out = no money coming in, with this approach, they have to get the orders out on time. Since they already got their money, they can take as long as they want.
    And about that Clem and Lee statue, they rejected it at the last moment, like a month before it was about to be shipped, where the communication between them and their supplier. I have no idea how the inside works, but I assumed they would make a few prototype revisions of it before setting in on the finalized one, before it starts to get massed produced. If it's not done like this and the original ones was already in mass production, only to be rejected at the last minute, that is a lot of wasted time, money, and resources.

• edited February 2020

Some lucky person already got their shipment.

• Well at least we know it exists

at least we know we're not being conned

MintBlue92 posted: »

Some lucky person already got their shipment.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.