Help me

edited February 2020 in General Chat

Can anyone help me with a redeem code for minecraft: Xbox one edition I own it but the game broke and I can’t afford to purchase it again can anyone help me?

Tagged:

Comments

• edited February 2020

Are you saying your physical game disc broke? Contact microsoft or xbox and ask them to send you a new copy. Just provide proof of purchase. There may be a shipping and handling charge.

• If you think Telltale can help, go to https://www.telltale.com/player-support/ and click the "Support" button in the bottom right corner to start a case.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited February 2020

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/important-minecraft--story-mode-information

Today, we have some important information to share for all players of Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series, Season 1 and 2, on behalf of its publisher. As you might have heard, its publisher is no longer in business, which unfortunately means that Minecraft: Story Mode will no longer be supported. If you have purchased these seasons, please download all remaining episodes prior to the service being discontinued in June. Here’s the full message:

“On behalf of the publisher, Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series, Season 1 and 2 will no longer be supported on June 25th, 2019. If you have purchased these seasons, please download all remaining episodes prior to the service being discontinued in June [2019]."

So if you own either season of Minecraft: Story Mode on Microsoft Windows, macOS, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Wii U, Nintendo Switch, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Android, or iOS, you have until June 25th, 2019 to download the episodes. We’d recommend checking you have all the episodes downloaded!

Telltale no longer owns the rights to Minecraft: Story Mode, and Mojang did not support the game after Telltale lost the rights. Because of this, Telltale no longer offers support (and neither do Mojang).

So, if you did not download the game - it sounds like you might not be able to, going off of this notice on the official Minecraft website. I am just a volunteer community Moderator and I am not an official Telltale staff member, but it sounds like you might be out of luck. One option is to see if you can get a refund (where you can explain the situation about the download no longer being available).

If you are really, really interested in being able to play Minecraft: Story Mode, perhaps you can try searching through physical retail stores to try to find a disc of a special edition of the game, called Minecraft: Story Mode: The Complete Adventure. This special edition has all 8 episodes on the disc, whereas other disc versions will only contain the first episode and will require that you download the rest of the episodes (that you can no longer access because the servers are down, as I said above).

Sign in to comment in this discussion.