"Morning Star" Episode Discussion

Had to post it. I need to catch up with episodes, so I don't know what happened, but I'm sure you will. As always, comment before, during, and after you watch. Whatever.

Comments

• edited March 2020

It strangely got emotional towards the end of the episode. Eugene's got quite the singing chops, enough to lay the mood down for an upcoming battle. And hell restoring the wings to Daryl's vest, uhm sweet poetry. Anyone get a Sans vibe out of that?

It was really smart of the Whisperers to use bags of flammable sap as a weapon. Basically making it impossible for Hilltop's soldiers to make it back behind the walls without burning to death.

I know Negan is going to have a change of heart. If he see's Judith fighting for her life out there, he's not going to let her die. He's way to fond of her to let that happen. He maybe a fucked up guy, but he's not going to be responsible for the deaths of any children. Except for Carl, but that was more of a indirect cause.

Can't wait till next week.

• edited March 2020

Someone’s gonna die. And I can boldly say it could be Daryl. (Ik Norman signed onto season 11, but honestly that could be a part of the ruse for the surprise factor) his restored angel wings on his vest and how he was patching up all of his relationships are what have me worried

• And hell restoring the wings to Daryl's vest, uhm sweet poetry.

Fun fact, they actually let the Judith's actress, Cailey Fleming, design/paint the wing herself.

It strangely got emotional towards the end of the episode. Eugene's got quite the singing chops, enough to lay the mood down for an upcoming

• Loved the episode! I'm surprised at how emotional it actually ended up getting. It really felt like a final stand of sorts. I'm very much excited for what's to come.

Based on the preview for the next episode it looks like they're gonna do the thing I want them to do. I can feel it in my giblets.

• The TV show is on its last legs as it is, killing Daryl would be 101 on how to make the little people left watching to abandon it, especially considering that would mean Daryl and Michonne are leaving the show the same season, it would instantly kill the ratings.

Now I havent watched the show since season 8 but I still keep up with the production of it, so I wouldnt even doubt you that Daryl dying would probably be appropriate for the story, but I just dont see them ever doing it until they finally announce the last season. End of the day Walking Dead is a business and they want to milk it as long as they can and they are already getting close to having to finally end it. Killing Daryl now would speed up that process super-speed. (But it could always happen, I really feel like 12 will be the last season. Ratings are getting so low now and actors leaving. Theyll just do 11 see the ratings arnt justifying the budget anymore and announce one last season with the return of Rick)

Melton23 posted: »

Someone’s gonna die. And I can boldly say it could be Daryl. (Ik Norman signed onto season 11, but honestly that could be a part of the ruse

• That's really cool.

lupinb0y posted: »

And hell restoring the wings to Daryl's vest, uhm sweet poetry. Fun fact, they actually let the Judith's actress, Cailey Fleming, design/paint the wing herself.

• edited March 2020

Idk. I was under the impression that the ratings and views shot right back up for season 9, with many old viewers coming back to appreciate the show again. Judging by the shots, and the overall set, for season 9 and 10, they’ve clearly used a bigger budget, so on one hand I’ll agree that it’s on its last legs (story-wise, seeing as we’re nearing the finale of the comics) but I’ll also disagree in the sense that people are abandoning it, leaving it to the fate of being cancelled. I think the walking dead will get milked, but the main show will inevitably finish at some point (I think you’re right about it being season 12, I read out that one someplace)

It was still a decent run though, there were ups and downs, though I personally wouldn’t stop watching if Daryl died, even though he is one of my favourites. I just hope he doesn’t get the comic Rick treatment.

Poogers555 posted: »

The TV show is on its last legs as it is, killing Daryl would be 101 on how to make the little people left watching to abandon it, especiall

• Yeah, this episode sucked.

• Ratings have been pretty bad for a while now, latest episode I believe is the lowest of all time, only 2.9 million and it consistently declines every episode. Obviously 2.9 million isnt "bad" but compared to what it use to be getting it aint good. Its getting close to the point where the ratings are too low to justify the large budget and when that happens the show will end. Season 9 also wasnt when more people started to come back, if anything its when people stopped watching. Season 8's average ratings per episode around 7-8 million, then season 9's around 5 million per episode and now season 10 with around 3 million per episode.

These numbers arnt terrible but Walking Dead use to be in the 10 million plus views every episode, and now season 10 especially theres a huge gap. I fully expect season 11 to consonantly stay within 2 million ratings average. Like I said season 12 will probably be the end and they will cancel the Rick Grimes movies and just make him come back for the last season. Knowing how long the show drags out the comic arcs 2 more seasons isnt enough to do the entire comic book storyline. Not to mention so many actors are leaving the show they needed to end it differently from the comics even if they do bring back Rick.

(However if they realistically want 2 more seasons, I doubt they will kill Daryl. I mean they paid Norman so much to not leave they are going to make him stay as long as they can. I know you personally would keep watching if he died, and I would too if I was still watching, I wouldnt stop because Daryl died. However, a lot of people would just forget the show if they killed him off, especially considering like I said Michonne will also be gone leaving only Carol left and then Maggie after they just bring her back next season as the cast people remember as the "original cast.")

Melton23 posted: »

Idk. I was under the impression that the ratings and views shot right back up for season 9, with many old viewers coming back to appreciate

• How so?

Yeah, this episode sucked.

• Fear will probably die too. Fear has less higher-paid actors though and overall a lower budget but the views and quality are abysmal, probably brings in less profit.

Poogers555 posted: »

Ratings have been pretty bad for a while now, latest episode I believe is the lowest of all time, only 2.9 million and it consistently decli

• Im surprised Fear hasnt announced its last season yet in all honesty for multiple reasons. Im in more shock they are actually releasing a 3rd Walking Dead show when Walking Dead is at its absolute lowest point.

Ghetsis posted: »

Fear will probably die too. Fear has less higher-paid actors though and overall a lower budget but the views and quality are abysmal, probably brings in less profit.

• Pretty sure it's going to be Carol that dies in an upcoming episode. She's been so destructive for so long, there's just no way you can get away with that forever. And I'm glad the writers are finally showing it as something that isn't to be praised.

I was annoyed last season when they portrayed her burning the saviours alive last season as a badass moment.

• Fear is already dead and has been ever since Gimple took over the show.

Ghetsis posted: »

Fear will probably die too. Fear has less higher-paid actors though and overall a lower budget but the views and quality are abysmal, probably brings in less profit.

• I guess Ezekiel would be too obvious, since he's already dying of cancer. But I really want him to go out like a true king. Not laying on his deathbed, but showing everyone why he became a king in the first place. For the people, for the lives that would be lost without all his effort, for the KINGDOM!

Pretty sure it's going to be Carol that dies in an upcoming episode. She's been so destructive for so long, there's just no way you can get

• Yeah, this episode was the best one in a long while.

Yeah, this episode sucked.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.