The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• My evil long lost twin brother would be the super villain he'll invade earth with an army of cyborgs as he is an artificial Consciousness inside a Mainframe computer satellite outside in space like in

(DragonBallZ (Coolers Revenge).

AChicken posted: »

The Year: 2020 has been quite the dark season so far. Global Warming, Wildfires, Political Tensions (WW3)... it's just been one terrible arc

• I meant that along with toilet paper and hand sanitiser, people have now begun hoarding pasta as well. I am also in Australia suffering from the great toilet paper shortage of 2020.

Only now? Us Aussies have been fighting each other over toilet paper for weeks now.

• I'm starting to worry that I might have it. I've experienced watery stool after dinner yesterday, a slightly blocked nose when I woke up this morning (which often happens to me due to dust), and right now I'm feeling a bit warm and stuffy.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I think I should try and get tested just to be on the safe side.

lupinb0y posted: »

I meant that along with toilet paper and hand sanitiser, people have now begun hoarding pasta as well. I am also in Australia suffering from the great toilet paper shortage of 2020.

• Yeah better to be safe than sorry and just get tested.

I'm starting to worry that I might have it. I've experienced watery stool after dinner yesterday, a slightly blocked nose when I woke up thi

• I'm honestly not that worried for my own health. I'm 20, and most cases so far have been mild. I'm more worried about infecting anyone else (although I don't leave the house much anyway), and the way people have gone into panic mode over this is honesty frightening.

Yeah better to be safe than sorry and just get tested.

• Walmart in my location clean out again all water,hand sanitizers ,toilet paper and other cleaning products or out of shelves .

I’ll give this outbreak 6-5 months won't be long now.

• Hopefully it's over or at least contained by then. The trouble is that apparently a lot of people in the U.S and in Australia aren't getting tested, either because they're getting turned away, or they think it's "just the flu" and ignore advice to self-quarantine.

Walmart in my location clean out again all water,hand sanitizers ,toilet paper and other cleaning products or out of shelves . I’ll give this outbreak 6-5 months won't be long now.

• edited March 2020

Wouldn't surprise me if they made an excuse to get out of work 😆

Times like this you gotta have a laugh.

• edited March 2020

Man, the Men in Black tv show had such a fire intro.

Though I only watched like a couple episodes when I was a kid because that show scared the bejeezus out of me.

Also a shout out to Extreme Ghostbusters for also having a banging intro.

Now this one I actually watched but I always skipped the credits because the ghosts scared the bejeezus out of me.

• Watch out, the mid-season finale is here. It's Friday the 13th.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Season 1 had WW3 (Jan) Season 2 had Wuhan’s lockdown (Feb) Season 3 has the US’s lockdown (March) Fuck it. Kevin Bruner returns in season 4 as the surprise antagonist

• Seriously, I don't get why I'm not hearing more about how the virus -- while is can be deadly -- isn't a death sentence if you have it. People have recovered, people can recover, and very few people who get it are dying.

Because that doesn’t get enough clicks/views for the media. The disease is serious and should be treated as such, but let’s face it, the media is doing what it always does, playing this shit up for the attention. If they report too much on the survivors instead of how many people have it and have died from it, then they can’t exploit people’s fears.

Goddamn it. Hanks is one of my idols, man. At least the mortality rate for the Coronavirus is actually pretty low. Seriously, I don't ge

• Ooooh, nice DBZ reference. You're getting a golden sticker, good boy!

My evil long lost twin brother would be the super villain he'll invade earth with an army of cyborgs as he is an artificial Consciousness inside a Mainframe computer satellite outside in space like in (DragonBallZ (Coolers Revenge).

• Twitter does remove accounts it thinks are bots all the time, but it also screws up follower lists all the time, too.

Poogers555 posted: »

Telltale's twitter account just had a strange drop in followers in like 2 days, does Twitter ever remove or make inactive accounts unfollow verified twitters?

• edited March 2020

I'm alittle embarrassed to say what just happened but I feel like saying what happened. I just had an ok dream that turned into a very strange weird nightmare. It started out good hanging out at my old high school but then it turned from that into me being in this small home. And it kept repeating itself. Everytime I wake up I would meet a new stranger but then I would end up right back into the small home. There was also a moment where If I get knocked out then it would be back at the home. Same goes with the weird strangers I would see. Before I actually woke up out of the nightmare I was at the small house again and I was like, "man why am I still here? When will it all end?". Thankfully after seeing the last weird stranger I actually woke up out of the nightmare. Hopefully anyone in this forum didn't go through what I just did in this nightmare.

• edited March 2020

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3608778/breaking-disney-delayed-new-mutants-antlers-indefinitely/ Looks like Disney’s delaying the New Mutants again, this time because of the Coronavirus. This after it was delayed for three years, first for reshoots and again as a result of the Disney/Fox merger. It feels like we’re never going to get this movie.

I’m expecting this is going to be the case with a lot of studios, and not just for movies. No idea how it’s going to effect the game industry beyond the E3 stuff, but if it does, I kind of wonder how it’ll effect Telltale and Wolf 2’s development.

• As long as cities where companies are don't get locked down, or someone in the office doesn't contract Coronavirus, then the games industry should be fine.

Films and TV where travel and lots of outdoor work is involved... Yeah they're gonna have a hard time.

I just read last night that the Falcon and the Winter Soldier D+ series has paused shooting in Prague due to Covid.
    So, that show's release is going to get pushed for sure. No summer 2020 release, I bet!
    Dammit!

booper posted: »

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3608778/breaking-disney-delayed-new-mutants-antlers-indefinitely/ Looks like Disney’s delaying the New M

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2020

There's a website called Folding@home, where you can donate your CPU or GPU's unused computing power to help process research simulations that are working towards creating a cure for Coronavirus (and other diseases). The way (I think) it works is that the website will download a client that will allow you to turn on/off the ability for your computer to automatically do the workloads in the background. (But, of course, it's a good idea to make sure your PC's temperature is in a safe range, and that you aren't enabling this while actually playing games on your computer.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/fhb5e4/coronavirus_specific_gpu_projects_are_now/

https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/project-details/

For those of you with either higher-end gaming PCs, or PCs that are typically left on for longer periods of time, it might be worth looking into donating some of your computational power towards this cause.

(Please don't turn the discussion to politics/etc, I'm just showcasing this for a good cause.)

• What about Italy's lockdown?

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Season 1 had WW3 (Jan) Season 2 had Wuhan’s lockdown (Feb) Season 3 has the US’s lockdown (March) Fuck it. Kevin Bruner returns in season 4 as the surprise antagonist

• I guess I’ll have to ration our pizza ,pasta and antipasto then.

Ghetsis posted: »

What about Italy's lockdown?

• Ugh, another lily meme...

I guess I’ll have to ration our pizza ,pasta and antipasto then.

• edited March 2020

Welp, my college is closing all in-person classes for a week starting tomorrow. Rumors are they might extend it to two.

Oh boy. So that's 100% of our classes cancelled.
    Hopefully some more info comes up in a few days so we know if there's any compromises or if/when work can be done. We just got Shakespeare scenes assigned! We've got awesome Combat scenes to rehearse! We can't do all that on Skype!

Hopefully the theatre we work from doesn't close or that's official: none of us can work.
    The 3rd years specifically were about to put in 2 shows at the beginning of April. Looking more and more like they won't have their 2 final graduation plays on their resume.

• edited March 2020

This is probably the worst beginning of a new decade, hands down. The C-Virus ruins everything. I really have a feeling that the last decade was actually my entire life and now everything just keeps changing, for better or worse.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that when my step-father and I were shopping, we witnessed a lot of empty shelves and so many people were taking photos of them. This is just getting ridiculous, I wish it was an out-of-season April Fools' joke.

• Looking more and more like they won't have their 2 final graduation plays on their resume.

Welp, my college is closing all in-person classes for a week starting tomorrow. Rumors are they might extend it to two. Oh boy. So that's

• (Please don't turn the discussion to politics/etc, I'm just showcasing this for a good cause.)

See, the problem with political jokes is that they always get elected!

There's a website called Folding@home, where you can donate your CPU or GPU's unused computing power to help process research simulations th

• I've had a presentation and class cancelled for next week, and there's a rumour going around that my uni might temporarily make all classes online only.

Welp, my college is closing all in-person classes for a week starting tomorrow. Rumors are they might extend it to two. Oh boy. So that's

• My mom showed me pictures of 90% empty pasta shelves in a grocery store she visited today.

A friend showed me a video her dad took of a Costco lineup going out of the store and around a corner of the parking lot.

People have gone insane, when it's really not that bad...

AronDracula posted: »

This is probably the worst beginning of a new decade, hands down. The C-Virus ruins everything. I really have a feeling that the last decade

• Same here , got the last pack of waterand rationing supplies as I can and I think I'll stop going out for a while.

Hell I need a mask for getting back to the gym...i don't want to get exposed .

AronDracula posted: »

This is probably the worst beginning of a new decade, hands down. The C-Virus ruins everything. I really have a feeling that the last decade

• edited March 2020

Same with my cousins, she's a senior and now she has to do classes online for her exams beside she graduates in May.

• edited March 2020

My stepfather was saying that there was a store near us that started taking rationing toilet paper very seriously. No matter how much stock they had you can buy 6 rolls only. If you came to check out with a 12 pack of tp they would take whatever cutting tools they had available, cut it in half, and charge you half price for the remaining pack of rolls.

This is defiantly blown out of proportion.

My mom showed me pictures of 90% empty pasta shelves in a grocery store she visited today. A friend showed me a video her dad took of a C

• edited March 2020

Batman Shadows Episode 4 is done. Hooray! Almost done Season 1! I've got a lot of thoughts about Vicki's revenge murder spree that I never noticed before.

• The mainstream media in regards to the Coronavirus.

• edited March 2020

Lol, while a friend and I (who are both asian) were out a guy came up to us, did a couple fake sneezes and said, "Hey it's the Wuhan clan!"

Me and my friend just looked at each other like :frowning:

It was very strange.

• edited March 2020

Welp, this confirms it. The outbreak is definitely a test to show us who the idiots of society are.

Man, I am so sorry for you.

Edit: This confirms it too. This happened in my city the other day. And it's got nothing to do with toilet paper or food.
    Someone pulled a gun on another person because they were filming them. But, they were being filmed in the first place because they "were staring" at the other person.

Lol, while a friend and I (who are both asian) were out a guy came up to us, did a couple fake sneezes and said, "Hey it's the Wuhan clan!" Me and my friend just looked at each other like It was very strange.

• This is why I sold my TV and focus on social media , Gaming/GamingCommunities was totally worth it and would rather buy a Blue array portable player and watch on my Blu-ray movies there that and Netflix etc .

The mainstream media in regards to the Coronavirus.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Things are crazy in London too, while walking home someone was mugged for their toilet paler.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/14/london-shopper-mugged-toilet-paper-12399135/amp/

Welp, this confirms it. The outbreak is definitely a test to show us who the idiots of society are. Man, I am so sorry for you. Edit:

• The human mind is a computer waiting to crash .

OzzyUK posted: »

Things are crazy in London too, while walking home someone was mugged for their toilet paler. https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/14/london-shopper-mugged-toilet-paper-12399135/amp/

• edited March 2020

It was unfortunate but I'm not too chuffed about it. It was just a really weird thing to experience. Thanks though!

This confirms it too.

And damn, that sucks. Luckily no one got hurt.

Welp, this confirms it. The outbreak is definitely a test to show us who the idiots of society are. Man, I am so sorry for you. Edit:

• This panic-buying situation is so annoying, but what's more annoying is that it's become a self-fullfilling prophecy of sorts. I've got 3 shops near me that sell toilet paper and only one of them wasn't empty. There were only two packs left.. and I bought both. Felt so bad doing that but maybe if I could rest-assured that shelves wouldn't be empty I wouldn't have bought more than I needed.

• Also, early in January, my Seminar class were shown an article regarding the 'mysterious outbreak' in Wuhan. We weighed up the evidence and most people came to the conclusion that it wasn't anything too serious.

• I know it is wrong to laugh at that kind of stuff, but, WTF!

OzzyUK posted: »

Things are crazy in London too, while walking home someone was mugged for their toilet paler. https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/14/london-shopper-mugged-toilet-paper-12399135/amp/

Sign in to comment in this discussion.