The Telltale Sam and Max License Has Been Acquired By SkunkApe Games

edited March 2020 in General Chat

https://store.steampowered.com/app/8220/Sam__Max_103_The_Mole_the_Mob_and_the_Meatball/

The company is owned by Dan Connors, one of Telltale’s co-founders

Here’s their website

http://skunkapegames.com/

Comments

• It's kind of reassuring to see some old telltale games being republished.

• Honestly pretty crazy, I didnt think anyone was going to save it, but it does make sense for it to be Dan Connors.

That said, still kinda crazy Tales from the Borderlands still isnt back after Gearbox said they'd get it up on store shelves again.

(also crazy is how Mojang straight up said they wont put Minecraft Story Mode Back up. I dont really see why they'd just say "No.")

• Lmao Mojang bought MCSM just to erase it from existence.

Poogers555 posted: »

Honestly pretty crazy, I didnt think anyone was going to save it, but it does make sense for it to be Dan Connors. That said, still kinda

• If you View Source of skunkapegames.com, it says, "If you're looking in here I apologize for the mess." Otherwise, there isn't much to the website yet.

• That said, still kinda crazy Tales from the Borderlands still isnt back after Gearbox said they'd get it up on store shelves again.

If that January reddit leaker is to be believed, we should see news of this in June for some reason.
    Not that we should believe this, but I'm willing to believe that Telltale is doing something to get its legacy games back on digital stores since their current publishers aren't doing a thing about it.

Honestly pretty crazy, I didnt think anyone was going to save it, but it does make sense for it to be Dan Connors. That said, still kinda

• I am hoping they get Tales back. Something may be happening, it is really strange they didnt put it back after saying they would. That was back in May, and May was also when New Telltale finally started to get started behind the scenes.

AChicken posted: »

That said, still kinda crazy Tales from the Borderlands still isnt back after Gearbox said they'd get it up on store shelves again.

• I think new telltale is going to aquire tales from borderlands IP so that they can work on season 2. Some sources say after announcing TWAU2 they also looked forward to tales 2 development.

I am hoping they get Tales back. Something may be happening, it is really strange they didnt put it back after saying they would. That was back in May, and May was also when New Telltale finally started to get started behind the scenes.

• The Tales 2/Poker Night 3 leak is complete BS, really shows how fast the gaming journalists work. If any of them did 30 seconds of research they would realize the leakers “credentials” do nothing but diminish his reliability.

I do however, hope that Tales 2 happens. Maybe while LCG Telltale works on their original IP after Wolf 2 development ends, then Gearbox can develop Tales 2 while AdHoc does all the writing.

I think new telltale is going to aquire tales from borderlands IP so that they can work on season 2. Some sources say after announcing TWAU2 they also looked forward to tales 2 development.

• To be fair, I dont think any big names actually reported it.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

The Tales 2/Poker Night 3 leak is complete BS, really shows how fast the gaming journalists work. If any of them did 30 seconds of research

Sign in to comment in this discussion.