Coronavirus MEGATHREAD

Comments

• edited March 2020

Cant say for a few reasons but Im not super worried about it. Although I have had contact I have been constantly making sure to take precautions to not get sick before the confirmed case. If I do get it Im not really worried about dying as Im sure I will be fine, I just need to make sure Im not with anyone for a while.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

@Poogers555 I know it’s not a good time, but can we get more details? Location, industry, etc? Also hypothetically if you got corona n

• This video made me laugh more than I should have

• It devolves into "The politicians I like are the only reason why we're not all already dead, while the politicians I don't like are the only reason this is a problem in the first place and are actively making everything worse!" Both sides use this argument format in each direction, don't understand why the other side doesn't get it, don't convince each other, generally scream at each other and get banned. All political topics follow this format.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2020

On top of the current political climate being as divisive as it is, it's just generally detrimental (in most cases) for non-political forums to have political discussions, unless the users and moderators on both sides of the political aisle can agree to engage in good faith and go by certain rules. If you are too loose, it gets divisive and can sometimes create an unpleasant environment. If you are too strict, it hurts users' perceptions of the forum and make it less fun.

We tried to experiment with stuff like this in the past, but it just resulted in people taking moderation choices related to politics personally. Likewise, for regular users, we had problems of drama where users' perceptions of other users' political opinions carried over into non-political threads. For Telltale's forum to not be a politics forum, we had a lot of... weirdly specific problems that tied back to politics.

At the end of the day, video games are just about escapism. It's better for people to keep stuff casual than to carry over dirty laundry on here. We decided in the end, it was better to not try and be the arbiters of this kind of stuff, and instead to leave it to the people who run political forums.

• Because Politics bring division if you want to talk about the phone of virus and a political perspective I suggest you stick with that on Facebook ,YouTube,Twitter or Discord.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2020

This gif/video on Reddit shows a good demonstration of how effective using the 11 steps to wash your hands can be.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CoronavirusUS/comments/fmg8el/huge_visual_impact_on_how_to_properly_wash_hands/

• I remember when politics was still allowed here and it did lead to some pretty heated arguments. It's definately for the best that those rules changed.

Because Politics bring division if you want to talk about the phone of virus and a political perspective I suggest you stick with that on Facebook ,YouTube,Twitter or Discord.

• Ah yes. One of the many dark times this place has had.

I remember when politics was still allowed here and it did lead to some pretty heated arguments. It's definately for the best that those rules changed.

• edited March 2020

My university studies has essentially become a streaming service at this point. A very very very expensive streaming service.

Pretty mad considering we were gonna do some cool stuff this semester but it looks like we won't be able to do any of it anymore. I wish they'd just straight up cancel classes for the semester since it's pretty much now a waste of time and money.

• edited March 2020

Pretty mad considering we were gonna do some cool stuff this semester but it looks like we won't be able to do any of it anymore

Same here. Most of my classes have moved into an online-based workload -- where luckily we can record ourselves reading a monologue or singing with a recorded accompaniment, but the one class whose final assignment I was really excited about: Stage Combat, we've got no word from. And I can't see us getting any online accommodation for that course.

I mean, how are we supposed to work in that class? How are our fight groups supposed to meet up? Does one person need to kick the camera and the other reacts?
    I'm really bummed that that's the course whose work now grinds to a halt.

lupinb0y posted: »

My university studies has essentially become a streaming service at this point. A very very very expensive streaming service. Pretty mad

• Does one person need to kick the camera and the other reacts?

That'd be pretty hilarious honestly.

AChicken posted: »

Pretty mad considering we were gonna do some cool stuff this semester but it looks like we won't be able to do any of it anymore Sam

• I've decided to try and keep busy as much as possible in the foming months, and one thing I'm going to try is keep a journal during all of this. I think these times are going to be pretty taxing on us all, both mentally and physically, and I think it'll be good to vent in some way.

I finished my first entry just now, and I'm thinking of including the accounts of others so that I get some different experiences. Would anyone be interested in sharing their thoughts for me to note down?

• My state is going to Martial Law. The whole country soon. But my work will not close.

• edited March 2020

What state are you from, I'm from Florida and we'll I'm glad they closed down the beaches they should be closed it down earlier.

I hate to say it but a lot of people in my state are freaking incompetent.

My state is going to Martial Law. The whole country soon. But my work will not close.

• Wisconsin. Luckily, I work in an 'essential' business. So we won't close down. But if we get sick we still get to keep our pay and positions. We won't be cast out like Lepers, which is a bonus

What state are you from, I'm from Florida and we'll I'm glad they closed down the beaches they should be closed it down earlier. I hate to say it but a lot of people in my state are freaking incompetent.

• My Cousin and Aunt got laid off , they have both of them work in different jobs my Aunt is a desk jockey for a private company that orders cabinets and installs it but as for my cousin she’s been a Chillies waitress for the past eight years plus she’s in her senior year in collage and hast todo classes online follow by exams.

Wisconsin. Luckily, I work in an 'essential' business. So we won't close down. But if we get sick we still get to keep our pay and positions. We won't be cast out like Lepers, which is a bonus

• I wouldn't have known you tried this political experiment in the past but I'm glad at least nobody talks about Politics here when I first came into the community.

But as you said before this is a place to escape the madness of humanity that's why I love video games so much.

I normally talk about Politics on YouTube,Twitter, Facebook and Troll all political factions.

Either that go conspiratorial on the matter. 😆

On top of the current political climate being as divisive as it is, it's just generally detrimental (in most cases) for non-political forums

• That's goddamn tragic that the companies you've been loyal to, will drop you in a flash. This isn't the end of the world, our jobs aren't going away, just post-poned for a limited time. Sorry about your family

My Cousin and Aunt got laid off , they have both of them work in different jobs my Aunt is a desk jockey for a private company that orders

• Tragic thing is both of my cousins got laid off at Chili’s with my older cousin which is a dude he got laid off first he was a bus boy and his sister applied for a job after he got laid off.

That's goddamn tragic that the companies you've been loyal to, will drop you in a flash. This isn't the end of the world, our jobs aren't going away, just post-poned for a limited time. Sorry about your family

• I would also like to add my eldest cousin which is a decade older then me which is a nurse she lives in New York and I wonder sometimes how she’s coping with this coronavirus pandemic the last time we ever saw each other was back in Christmas i I was ether 8-7 years of ages when I first saw them.

That's goddamn tragic that the companies you've been loyal to, will drop you in a flash. This isn't the end of the world, our jobs aren't going away, just post-poned for a limited time. Sorry about your family

• I hope your family holds and gets through this time

I would also like to add my eldest cousin which is a decade older then me which is a nurse she lives in New York and I wonder sometimes h

• This is the Ultimate test to test her profession and limits I mean sure she graduated with honors but New York & New Jersey are getting slammed on this knowing my aunt in law who suffers from bipolar ,diabetes and fibromyalgia is not a good combo she’s got to be panicky since that state is over populated she used too live in (Fort Myers) before she lost her house and moved back.

But not to get off topic on that detail but yeah, I wouldn’t worry about her I mean she can’t be that foolish to get herself infected

I hope your family holds and gets through this time

• I remember when Marshall Law was trending on Twitter. The Tekken community was so confused lol.

My state is going to Martial Law. The whole country soon. But my work will not close.

• Martial law doesn’t sound scary as much my dad was in the (National Guard) back in the early 70's and was a (Second Lieutenant) and well I’m not scared of the military rolling up Tanks and garrison of soldiers with modified M-16s and M4 an such.

Ghetsis posted: »

I remember when Marshall Law was trending on Twitter. The Tekken community was so confused lol.

• I will NEVER be able to watch this cutscene without thinking about coronavirus.

• edited March 2020

The news anchor 4:11 looks a little bit like (Claire Redfield) Form RE2 or is it just me??!!

AronDracula posted: »

I will NEVER be able to watch this cutscene without thinking about coronavirus.

• That's Mary Jane. Just a little but she is played by Laura Bailey.

The news anchor 4:11 looks a little bit like (Claire Redfield) Form RE2 or is it just me??!!

• RIPperino.

Gonna have to extend my university studies for one semester just for one class because of the virus.

I had to drop out of one class this semester and move it to the next, which pushed another subject to the following year.

• Are you at least doing online courses?

RIPperino. Gonna have to extend my university studies for one semester just for one class because of the virus. I had to drop out of one class this semester and move it to the next, which pushed another subject to the following year.

• I have no choice but to do online courses. All my classes have been moved online but the problem is stuff like filming is very very difficult to do now.

Are you at least doing online courses?

• My Cousin who's a senior is in the same position it sucks plus exams is a stress overload.

I have no choice but to do online courses. All my classes have been moved online but the problem is stuff like filming is very very difficult to do now.

• The Stimulus from the US Gov. Is gonna cost 2 trillion

• This made me want to Bang my head on the wall

The Stimulus from the US Gov. Is gonna cost 2 trillion

• Shoout out to the 🇬🇧 for increasing 80% of wages of workers underlockdown and housing the homeless and getting them off the streets. 👏

• It occurred to me that this is sort of like an adventure game dilemma.

• In order to survive, it is vital to clean and practice good hygiene.
    • You cannot buy paper towels, toilet paper, or hand sanitizer anywhere.

Now where is the walkthrough?

• This reminds me of Plague Inc

WarpSpeed posted: »

It occurred to me that this is sort of like an adventure game dilemma. * In order to survive, it is vital to clean and practice good hy

• One of these nasty fuckers got arrested for an act of "Terror." All these kids need help. Wiping their tongues on shit, like the fuck is wrong with their heads?

This made me want to Bang my head on the wall

• From the category list of insults I have for those people that do the dumbest shit for fucking attention over the Internet all I can say is is have fun having herpes.

One of these nasty fuckers got arrested for an act of "Terror." All these kids need help. Wiping their tongues on shit, like the fuck is wrong with their heads?

• edited March 2020

McDonald’s controversial logo change backlash

Sign in to comment in this discussion.