Cool video from 2011 of Adam Harrington original Bigby voice

So I somehow came across this video, all the way back in 2011. Crazy thinking how Fables/Wolf Among Us was in development for a long time. Anyway, it seems Adam was going to be Bigby for quite a long time. It seems this was what the original tone for Bigby was going to be. For those unaware, at one point Adam used the Woodsman's voice as Bigby, and the Woodsman had Bigby's voice later in development. In this video Bigby sounds pretty similar to the one we got just way more grumbly sounding, glad they went with the version Adam did later which is basically this voice but a bit higher and less throat-y.

also the Bluebeard voice

Comments

• what the fuck nice find

• edited March 2020

Looked the other voice actors up; they all seem to be from the Bay area with a few of them being Telltale regulars, like Adam and Thessaly Lerner (who was in Sam and Max, and is also the voice of Lisa Garland from Silent Hill???). This kind of looks like an audition tape or pitch all of them got together to make back when the project was still called Fables.

Where did you find this? Also, where did you hear the thing about the Woodsman and Bigby originally having each other’s voices? That sounds really interesting and I’d love to hear samples if you have them.

• Accidentally stumbled on the video because I got curious to see what people were talking about Fables here years ago and found it.

Ill have to go searching but Adam Harrington mentioned it in an interview, not to mention theres some audio left over in episode 1 where it sounds like Bigby saying Woodsmans lines and Woodsman saying Bigby's.

booper posted: »

Looked the other voice actors up; they all seem to be from the Bay area with a few of them being Telltale regulars, like Adam and Thessaly L

• edited March 2020

Is anyone here good with datamining? I found something kind of cool in the game and I could use some help with extracting the files.

So I was looking through some of the script files for episode 1 and I found a bunch of interesting dialogue dumps associated with Bigby, including one where he recites the Comedian's dialogue from the Watchmen movie.

That's not all of them; there are several more just like these. Based on the format, I'm pretty sure they're character reads from Adam Harrington's audition. There are other files in ep1 for Gren, Holly and Colin that follow the same format that turn out to be auditions their voice actors sent in to Telltale. Here's what makes these ones potentially interesting: based on an interview Adam Harrington did, he sent two different reads to Telltale when he auditioned for Bigby: one that was Bigby with a stereotypical New York accent, and another that was Bigby with a light British accent:

However, since I didn’t use any discernible accent (other than my own) for the initial Woody sessions, and because Telltale eventually booked me for Bigby based on my non-accented auditions (I also gave them two alternate Bigby reads, one with a classic New Yawk Private Dick vibe, and the other with a slight UK lilt)…

So yeah, given the fact that his Woodsman audition is still in the game, and Gren, Holly and Colin's are too, I'm pretty sure that the reads he's talking about are in episode 1's files. If anyone could help me extract the audio files, or point me in the direction of someone who can, that'd be really cool. Because I don't know about you guys, but I think the idea of Bigby with a British accent sounds amazing and hilarious, and people have a right to hear it lmao

• I'll look for you. Been wanting to go back into the ol search of unused content for a while. Sucks how difficult it is to get full scenes working but hey.

However I will say dont get your hopes up. Ive heard about the british Bigby before and there are audition files for Bigby left in game but I have never found one where he has a light british accent.

Is anyone here good with datamining? I found something kind of cool in the game and I could use some help with extracting the files. So I

• Thanks for coming through, Poogs. I'm not sure how much it'll help, but I have all the scripts for the files I think are the auditions, so message me and I'll send them to you. Hopefully we can find something interesting.

Poogers555 posted: »

I'll look for you. Been wanting to go back into the ol search of unused content for a while. Sucks how difficult it is to get full scenes wo

• The scripts have a ton of cool stuff in it but sadly a lot of the rest isnt reserved. Tales from the Borderlands episode 5 for example's opening script is crazy different but the same at the same time. Kinda surprised they didnt include a part of it as it would fix one of the biggest plot holes pretty easily.

Thanks for coming through, Poogs. I'm not sure how much it'll help, but I have all the scripts for the files I think are the auditions, so message me and I'll send them to you. Hopefully we can find something interesting.

• Interesting find this was. Any look on the Woody audition?

• Its somewhere in the files if I remember but it sounds exactly like Bigby just saying the Woodsman's lines and vice versa

DabigRG posted: »

Interesting find this was. Any look on the Woody audition?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.