AChicken's "2020 Sucks" Steam Key Giveaway! [Raffle Period Over]

edited April 2020 in General Chat

Hey.
2020 Sucks. Quarantine Sucks Too. We're all cooped up inside, so why not play some video games.

The Raffle/Giveaway period is over. Any remaining codes are on a first-come, first-claimed basis. Pick what you like, but don't be a jerk about it.

Keep in mind I've posted this on another forum I frequent for a larger sample pool, so some people from one site might be faster than others to claim something. I'll double-check the posting time if that happens. Best of luck!

I’ve organised the list into a 3-tier system.

1. The Best Games on Steam (Very to Overwhelmingly Positive – 5,000+ reviews),

2. The Games that are great but with a low adoption count (Mostly to Very Positive – between 500 and 5,000 reviews)

3. The Games that are good but short, or have some worrying issues (under 500 reviews, some notable negative reviews)

--------

THE BIG-NAME BREAKOUT HITS

THE MID-TIER “MIGHT ENJOY”

THE SMALL-SCALE SHOVELWARE SORT OF?

Want to get games but afraid of increasing your Backlog? Follow this mantra: What games do I already own, want to play, but haven't? Will I play this game as soon as I buy redeem it? How long have I wanted this game?

Then judge for yourself if it’s worth getting, or it’s just going to sit in your library till the end of time.

Tagged:

Comments

• I shall place my thingie in Hollow Knight my poultry friend

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2020

I'll apply for:
    Big Name) Hollow Knight (and a follow up if this gets taken: Duck Game)
    Mid Tier) Void Bastards (and a follow up if this gets taken: Tower of Guns)
    Small Tier) The Gardens Between, The Stillness of the Wind, Think of the Children (I can come up with more ideas if any of these are taken)

This is awfully kind of you, to help people keep their spirits up during an awful year. Thanks for being kind!

• lol remember last time I did a giveaway I thought this place was going away

good times. good times.

• Eyyy nice of you to do this!

I'll put my foot in for:
    Big Name: Hollow Knight or Machinarium
    Mid Tier: Void Bastards or Paradigm
    Small Tier: Paperbark, The Adventure Pals or The Stillness of the Wind

• Thank you Chicken!

Big Name - Hollow Night
    Mid Tier - Tower of Guns
    Lowe Tier - Death Squared

• edited March 2020

Aw, you're welcome guys!

I just realised I had bought the Australia Fire Relief Bundle back in February for the sole purpose of supporting the Relief effort (100% of the proceeds went to relief centers) and only claimed 1 or 2 things for myself. I'd claim more, but really, I've got enough games in my Steam backlog as it is, and some of the more interesting games like Hollow Knight and Paradigm come with a DRM-free copy, so I can download it for the rest of my life without tying it to my Steam account.
    And it seemed like the perfect time to give these codes away.

I'm adding all your choices. First pick, 2nd pick and the like, don't worry. I've got a word document I'll keep updating.

• Aww, that's very kind of you, Chicken, thank you for doing this. :)

While the Hollow Knight is tempting, I know it'd sit in my library for months before I'd get to it, so I think I'll just leave it to poeple who want to play it soon. I could say that about the whole "Big-name" tier, so I think I'll be skipping it.

For the Mid-tier, I'd like to get Hand of Fate 2, that's been on my wishlist for a while now.

As for the Low-tier, same problem as with the High-tier, except this time I don't think I'd ever get to it lel. So I'll be skipping this one too.

I might have a look at what games I have unclaimed on Humble bundle, maybe I'll do something similar...

• Thank you, Chicken! :blush:

BIG-NAMES) Hack-net
    MID-TIER) Mr, Shifty
    LOW-TIER) The Adventure Pals

• No, I didn't forget about this.

Put your names in before 8pm ET tomorrow for a chance to win stuff. (some a guaranteed win since some games have zero applicants)

• I’ll go for Duck Game, Paradigm and Paperbark

Thanks Chicken :smile:

• Thanks for doing this, Chicken. I'll take Paper Fire Rookie to add to the collection of VR games that keep crashing my computer.

• edited April 2020

Okay, as you probably know by now, submissions are closed. I'll put the lists through a randomizer, announce the winners and give out the codes tomorrow morning.
    (Sorry, it's getting late here. I've been busy with some weekend school work tonight.)

The codes I don't give away will be first-come first-served. Though, please be nice and don't take 'em all at once.

• Nah, we'll be snatching them codes like it's toilet paper

AChicken posted: »

Okay, as you probably know by now, submissions are closed. I'll put the lists through a randomizer, announce the winners and give out the co

• We have our Winners! The following games go to the following people:
    HIGH TIER
    Hollow Knight: InfraMoon

Euro Truck Simulator 2: Sapienzafication47

Duck Game: Blind Sniper

Hacknet: Urben

Machinarium: Lupinb0y

MID TIER
    Hand of Fate 2: Pipas

Mr. Shifty: DeliciousDeku

Void Bastards: Vrubayka

Paradigm: Lupinb0y

Satellite Reign: Pilz

Tower of Guns: Blind Sniper

LOW TIER
    Paperbark: Cocoa2736

The Adventure Pals: DeliciousDeku

Death Squared: 4k60fpsHDR

The Gardens Between: Blind Sniper

The Stillness of the Wind: Blind Sniper

Think of the Children: Sapienzafication47

Paper Fire Rookie: Zombiekiller3121

I'll be sending out your codes now through PMs. Thank you for your patience, and thank you to all who participated.

Any games not given away are a first-come first-served basis. Please comment below for your pick(s). I'll also be removing the claimed games from the list soon too.

• Thanks a lot for Machinarium and Paradigm!

We have our Winners! The following games go to the following people: HIGH TIER Hollow Knight: InfraMoon Euro Truck Simulator 2: Sapienz

• Yay, thank you very much! :)

We have our Winners! The following games go to the following people: HIGH TIER Hollow Knight: InfraMoon Euro Truck Simulator 2: Sapienz

• Thanks, my dude! :sunglasses:

Sign in to comment in this discussion.