The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• We're stuck at home, The Walking Dead is available for 40% off almost everywhere, we're binging anime, and we have zero skills in After Effects. This is the result.

Cheddarhead posted: »

I think the person running Skybound's YouTube channel is going stir-crazy in quarantine lol Edit: sorry didn't mean to quote

• Yeah, RE3 remake felt more like action-horror than survival horror. It felt more linear than RE2 remake. I was actually scared when I first encountered Nemesis while roaming around Raccoon City but after you escape through the subway, it become more tense than scary.

Here is a fun fact. RE3 story was never supposed to be a separate thing to begin with. It was originally going to be put together with RE2 storyline both in one game and Code Veronica was supposed to be the REAL third game of the franchise. That was scrapped due to storage limitation on playstation 1.

I think this is what they should have done with the remakes. Instead of the making Ghost Suvivors, they should have made RE3 as a full DLC for RE2.

Poogers555 posted: »

There was a lot of reports RE3 started development around the same time as the RE2 Remake. Its probably more likely they didnt announce RE3

• It is a lot more linear but Im glad the core gameplay is there even though its not as interconnected as RE2 is. Nemesis at the start is pretty scary but it really doesnt last long at all like you said. After that he is only scripted for boss battles. Would have liked more of the free roaming Nemesis. I mean you can potentially have that free roam segment last 2 minutes.

RE3 was originally a spin off game that got changed to be the "third" game when it was meant to be a spin-off is true, but I dont think it should have been DLC. Even though its shorter and more linear, there is still enough content and worth while time to be put into it for it to be a stand alone game.

AronDracula posted: »

Yeah, RE3 remake felt more like action-horror than survival horror. It felt more linear than RE2 remake. I was actually scared when I first

• edited April 2020

Okay, figured I'd throw this out there for anyone who's interested.

"If you've got a PS4, wanna complete A Way Out together?"

If you aren't sure what I'm talking about, A Way Out is a co-op action-adventure game that can only be completed in co-op, local or online. Two guys get locked up in prison and have to plan their escape, eventually ending up on the run from the law. That's all I know from trailers, I've never played it myself, it's been sitting in my backlog for a while.
    The game's around 6 hours long, so only a handful of sessions at most would be needed to get through it.

You don't even need to own the game yourself, there's a free "buddy demo" version that has everything except trophy/achievement support. (and if you do care about that, the game is half-price for the rest of the month.)

Only those on the same system can connect to each other, so, sorry if you're outside Playstation territory.

Hit me up with a reply here or a PM if you'd like to do this. Whether you have a mic or not, I don't really care. Having one would just mean better communication. FYI, I operate on Eastern Time.

• Ah, A Way Out is quite an experience, I enjoyed my time with it when I played it with my sister. It's really nice of developers that only one person has to own it unlike other coop games.

Unfortunately I don't own a PS4, but if anyone is considering to help a chicken out, the game has my full recommendation. :)

AChicken posted: »

Okay, figured I'd throw this out there for anyone who's interested. "If you've got a PS4, wanna complete A Way Out together?" If you a

• edited April 2020

Good to know.
    Y'know, I too have a sister and I could technically play it with her, but due to 3 reasons I'd bet it wouldn't work out.

1. She is not adept at gaming. She's played games on the Wii, but hasn't gotten the hang of anything on other consoles. 2 sticks for looking/walking especially in a third-person shooter would be too advanced.
    2. She probably wouldn't like it. Despite her affinity or tolerance to other media's forms of violence, she's expressed deep protest towards games that involve the player hurting others (though not for cartoonish titles such as Mario).
      She's seen the R-rated Marvel films and even the first John Wick, all of which she pretty much enjoyed, but performing those acts either scares her/disgusts her or she's afraid of the complex controls involved. IDK and she won't tell me.
    3. She "does not like games". Try as I might, there are a few video games out there that I believe she would enjoy and could tolerate, but she's as stubborn as diamonds are hard, and I can't get her near a controller.
      Portal is one such franchise that circumvents the above criteria (and offers a learning experience for 2-stick games), but no luck in getting her to try it. Telltale titles she's tried and failed to get involved in, and a few other she writes off due to past bad experiences.
      Although I have had success in completing the Quantic Dream games with her. We finished Detroit last fall.

All this to say: I doubt anyone in my immediate family that I'm locked in with would be enthusiastic or competent enough to play this game.

Pipas posted: »

Ah, A Way Out is quite an experience, I enjoyed my time with it when I played it with my sister. It's really nice of developers that only on

• When you have suicidal thoughts and the world is practically ending.

• edited April 2020

When you have suicidal thoughts and the world is practically ending.

• Keep going, Deku. Nothing is ever worth ending your life over.

One of my friends once showed me this when I was sad and it helped me, so I’m going to send it your way.

These are your odds of existing! Near zero, you don’t want to give that up! You are special and valued here on the forums! We only have like under 10 people here, we can’t afford to lose one of our most active members! You’re loved here on the forums, bro! : )

Keep going, if life didn’t have its lows, then we wouldn’t be able to appreciate its highs!

When you have suicidal thoughts and the world is practically ending.

• I suddenly remembered that eventhough I never finished the Dead Island game (I think I got maybe a quarter way through), I actually did read the novelisation of the game. Looking back on it, I'm pretty sure it was better written than the game lol.

• No, why would I be okay and then post that?

u ok?

• It probably was, the interesting part about the game was it's combat, creating weapons, and using the environment to your advantage. Basically what TWD S&S hands you but that game has better story and side missions.

lupinb0y posted: »

I suddenly remembered that eventhough I never finished the Dead Island game (I think I got maybe a quarter way through), I actually did read the novelisation of the game. Looking back on it, I'm pretty sure it was better written than the game lol.

• Sorry man, you're right. That's clear.
    I was just trying to imply that maybe you could give us some explanation as to what you're going through right now. That obviously didn't work and I used way too few words.

Idk... I don't know how to react or what to say in situations like these! We lost MegaXD one day, and let me tell you Deku, that I don't want to see you go either! You've quickly become a familiar face on these forums and a pretty cool dude at that. Seriously, yes, even with the rocky start you had here.

No, why would I be okay and then post that?

• was playing Death road to canada and decided to make a few custom walking dead characters. Produced a few moments like Eddie being sent out to a creepy mansion due to supplies being there and immediatelly noping out of the building due to being scared, Nate threatened a few bandits to back down from him and then burned the bridge the bandits were on once he was allowed to pass thought and Kenny was the one who had the idea to travel to Canada, also S1 Clem is the group Doctor.

• Maybe, you could give us some explanation as to what you're going through right now.

Yeah, you are right on that. lol

So, basically. I have already been going through a rough time with my parent's divorce. Which basically all of you guys know. And, my dad recently has passed guilt and all that fun shit on to me. Which, of course, tore me to pieces emotionally. And my dad threatened to hurt me. So, my anxiety is already pretty high. And on top of that, we got COVID-19. Fun, I know!

You've quickly become a familiar face on these forums and a pretty cool dude at that. Seriously, yes, even with the rocky start you had here.

Thanks, same towards you chicken! I truly appreciate it. :)

Seriously, yes, even with the rocky start you had here.

Ah, the not so good times.

Sorry man, you're right. That's clear. I was just trying to imply that maybe you could give us some explanation as to what you're going t

• Any parent who blames a divorce on their kid is just wrong. A relationship is something built over time between two people, a teenage kid can’t be blamed for it failing.

Maybe, you could give us some explanation as to what you're going through right now. Yeah, you are right on that. lol So, basical

• How are you finding it so far? I wouldn't worry too much about not having played the other games/read the books/watched the Netflix series. I think it does a decent job at introducing you into the world.

Getting it at $13 (USD?) is an absolute steal. I paid $49 AUD for the main game + DLCs and I feel like I didn't pay enough, even though I never completed the game or the DLCs.

Well, one good thing to come out of TLOU II’s delay is that I’ve got more time to try out The Witcher 3. Got it for about $13, I’ve heard go

• YouTube recommendations hit me hard when they recommended the old TV nostalgia commercial of (ZooBooks) back in 2003 that was my favorite year when I was a Child after coming home from school I would flip WB channel and watch Kids WB 38 or Cartoon Network/Nickelodeon this also inspired me too watch more (Animal Planet) back in the time when I would watch The Most Extreme , The Planets Funniest Animals, Crocodile Hunter, The Jeff Corwin and K-9 to 5.

I wonder whats the next childhood nostalgia commercial ad I’ll be encountering next
    Is it going to be Chia pets or more or rarely seen Gushers and Poptarts ads with the survival it’s theme.

• Hi, UrbanRodrik! Good to see you again!

UrbanRodrik posted: »

was playing Death road to canada and decided to make a few custom walking dead characters. Produced a few moments like Eddie being sent out

• I finished Resident Evil 3! I really like it and I think it's great, but it definitely feels more like it should have DLC or an expansion to RE2 rather than a full blown game or at the very least made it a little cheaper. I'm kinda thankful that Nemesis doesn't have the exact same roaming mechanics as Mr. X because that would be too terrifying for me to play since he can parkour his way over to you.

• It's...okay. I'm still only at Level 5-6, not incredibly far into the game yet, just met Yennefer after searching for her. I will say I feel like I'm at a huge disadvantage because I've never played the other games. Feels like there's a ton of lore and characters thrown at you with little to no explanation (one scene in particular really irked me because I was being asked a bunch of questions about events and characters that I assume were in previous games that I didn't know how to answer because I had no fucking idea what they were talking about), it's kind of overwhelming sometimes. The Gwent games are honestly my favorite part of the game so far (I need way better cards though), the story and writing is pretty good, but yeah, it's just a lot and it feels a little discouraging because of it.

hemfbg posted: »

How are you finding it so far? I wouldn't worry too much about not having played the other games/read the books/watched the Netflix series.

• parkour

Wtf

I finished Resident Evil 3! I really like it and I think it's great, but it definitely feels more like it should have DLC or an expansion to

• I'm kinda thankful that Nemesis doesn't have the exact same roaming mechanics as Mr. X because that would be too terrifying for me to play since he can parkour his way over to you.

But that's what made the original so memorable. Unlike Mr. X, Nemesis just never gives up until he dies. His small number of AI roams made the whole game more action-horror than survival horror. I mean, this game is so much fun to play but I should have also felt that I was playing something that doesn't hold my hand. I had that feeling for only 10 minutes in my playthrough which took me 5 hours to complete.

I finished Resident Evil 3! I really like it and I think it's great, but it definitely feels more like it should have DLC or an expansion to

• edited April 2020

Never played the original game, but I actually would have liked a Mr. X style roaming system, it's just that Nemesis running after my ass was scary enough for me as is in the one section it happens, that it's probably better for my heart that it didn't happen lol.

Game took me 7 hours to complete. I didn't think it was particularly handholdy until about halfway(?) through the game for me. I just wish there were more puzzles.

AronDracula posted: »

I'm kinda thankful that Nemesis doesn't have the exact same roaming mechanics as Mr. X because that would be too terrifying for me to play s

• edited April 2020

Yeah i also played 3 first years ago i was lost just like you its a lot to take in,i finished 2 today for the first time and i probably should've started with that one but you'll be fine for the most part.

It's...okay. I'm still only at Level 5-6, not incredibly far into the game yet, just met Yennefer after searching for her. I will say I feel

• I think I might know what scene/quest you're talking about, and yeah, I can understand why it could be alienating. I should say that I played it in like, 2016, so my memory of the early game might not be as good as I first thought.

Don't get too discouraged though. There are a lot of enjoyable side quests that aren't so connected to the lore once the world opens up. You also might find it useful to read through the Glossary > Characters page if you haven't already (though I'm not sure how much information will be there at that point of the game). You could read through the descriptions of your completed Quests too if you're struggling to follow the story (I probably should have done that more, myself!)

I'm glad you're enjoying Gwent. I could never get the hang of it, but everyone loves it so I feel like I've missed out.

It's...okay. I'm still only at Level 5-6, not incredibly far into the game yet, just met Yennefer after searching for her. I will say I feel

• Drew Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z today.

• So, I got to watch Onward tonight...

Wow, what a disappointing film, they had SO MUCH tension built up just for it to be a waste of time. While the film had so much emotional value, that ending sucked dick! Like, you are telling me that a 16-year-old went through all that possible trauma just to see his dad's fucking shadow? AND NOTHING ELSE! I am disappointed, to say the least. lol

• Damn, that's good drawing.

Drew Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z today.

• Why is Saints Row 3 getting remastered? Didn't it just get released on the Switch? As someone who's played all the Saints Row games, I wonder why they couldn't just have had SR1 remastered or even SR4 (because on PC it runs terrible). I know SR2 will have a fixed PC port and SR3 runs fine so there's no need to remaster it. Also it sucks that it's an epic exclusive for a whole year.

• edited April 2020

That's kinda the point though.

Ian spends the entire movie hoping to see his dad and do all the things he had on his list until he realises that he'd already done everything on his list with Barley. His dad didn't raise him, his brother did, and while it would have been nice for him to actually meet his dad, it ultimately means more for Barley to be the one to see him. Ian willingly sacrifices his one chance to meet him, so that Barley gets his second chance to say goodbye by holding off the dragon.

So, I got to watch Onward tonight... (Spoiler)

• edited April 2020

I really enjoyed Onward, I think it’s in the top half of Pixar films. Not at the quality of Incredibles or Up, but up there in the “great but not groundbreaking” with Incredibles 2 and Monsters University.

It definitely beats out all of Cars, Bugs Life, Brave, Good Dinosaur, and Inside Out

So, I got to watch Onward tonight... (Spoiler)

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I was onboard with what you were saying up until you said it was better than Inside Out.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

I really enjoyed Onward, I think it’s in the top half of Pixar films. Not at the quality of Incredibles or Up, but up there in the “great bu

• I was a little iffy on Bugs Life then completely off when he said Inside Out.

dojo32161 posted: »

I was onboard with what you were saying up until you said it was better than Inside Out.

• Bugs Life want bad, I just didn’t think the cast was likeable aside from the circus animals. Hopper was a great villain but all the Ants just make the movie way too mean spirted

I was a little iffy on Bugs Life then completely off when he said Inside Out.

• I am 100% positive I am in the minority with Inside Out, I’ve never met anyone else who agrees with me. I just found it the human cast to be boring (The father daughter dynamic was well pulled off though) and I found Joy, Sadness, and Bing Bong to be all annoying.

Most Pixar movies tend to be family movies and not children’s movies, I just felt Inside Out spoke down to its audience and was made for children like cars rather than all ages.

dojo32161 posted: »

• Why on earth would Europe wanna be eating insects, fuck last thing I wanna see is if it only puts crickets as a pizza topping or worse maggot soup in France I mean some countries in Asia eat chocolate covered tarantulas and I wouldn’t be surprised if Arizona or any other southern states in the United States starts doing this . https://on.rt.com/8xb9
    But hey look at the bright side at least it’s not Bat soup.

• The moon is so fucking bright I can see the whole back yard in the middle of the night without any motion lights. Tomorrow is the full moon

• Did I just hear that Amazon is starting to give out pay raises for their employees? I thank you for your hard work through these times @MetallicaRules and if that is true I'm glad your company is noticing all your effort and is giving you increased support to show for it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.