Coronavirus MEGATHREAD

124»

Comments

• Whole thing really sucks. Theoretically it can still be "done" but its a beyond annoying complication and I cant decided if its worth the risk or not.

AChicken posted: »

Welcome back! (srsly though im sorry for you pal. you seemed so excited to get to work on this thing)

• I am praying for the gym to come back here too. I need it. It has more equipment than I what I got with me. All I have are weights. 30 and 35 pound dumbbells.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

I feel u with the gym, I’m desperate to go back. I was doing push pull legs 6 days a week before this all happened. Pull ups and push ups at

• edited April 2020

My friend can go back to the gym. But he's in the Marines and had to be locked in a room for 16 days. He didn't leave the gym for 3 hours because he didn't want to go back to his room.

strwar3 posted: »

I am praying for the gym to come back here too. I need it. It has more equipment than I what I got with me. All I have are weights. 30 and 35 pound dumbbells.

• I remember 6 years when I used to live in another apartment complex it had is gym but only for the residents I would go there 10pm until midnight or 1am in the morning.

It also had a TV but limited channels the only channels available was the CW44,PBS I'm not sure if they had Nickelodeon available.

I feel u with the gym, I’m desperate to go back. I was doing push pull legs 6 days a week before this all happened. Pull ups and push ups at

• Unprecedented: US becomes first country to report 2,000+ Covid-19 deaths in SINGLE DAY, breaking global record https://www.rt.com/usa/485553-coronavirus-record-us-deaths/
    Just got a notification from RT and clicked it right away and read the whole thing and what comes to my mind is that the fatality rate has to be over 3,000 per day.

Plus this is the most irritating Friday night I’ve had to deal with not only I’m self destining from everyone plus some idiot opened the pack door that riggers the fire alarm and my apartment is by that door.

Staff told everyone that leads you to getting (written up) or (evicted) and I’m not a patient person when people do stupid stuff on these important stuff.

• Seriously!!?? Thrown out of a Wal-Mart for wearing a mask we don't have time to be dealing with this the world is in a global crisis. 😠

• There has never been a year that pissed me off more than 2020.

Seriously!!?? Thrown out of a Wal-Mart for wearing a mask we don't have time to be dealing with this the world is in a global crisis. 😠

• My New Year resolution is out the windo, since my goals was to take more sun but now since my cousin graduates next month she has to-do the ceremony in her living room.

My older cousin that five years older then me isn't working and my Godfather who's a carpenter who hates stay home wants to get back out of work because he mostly works in and out state.

AronDracula posted: »

There has never been a year that pissed me off more than 2020.

• edited April 2020

There's one thing about what this virus as shown us time to time. Is that celebrities are really full of shit these days especially when not only them singing the Imagine song in their stupid big ass mansions (only one guy was good in doing this song and came off better than the others and I liked that the song was sang by him. I can't remember who he is,but still he has good voice) but,this story is insane right now.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8228773/amp/Ellen-DeGeneres-comes-fire-shows-crew-furious-communication.html

• Insanity I tell you

Seriously!!?? Thrown out of a Wal-Mart for wearing a mask we don't have time to be dealing with this the world is in a global crisis. 😠

• edited April 2020

This pandemic is going to last up to two years
    Covid-19 ain’t going away so soon.

After hearing beaches in Florida are re-opening I’m not stepping outside my apartment only when it comes to rent.

• My state is now re-opening a bit.

We're having malls and restaurants open completely. Of course, I am not going to just go out there and be like "GIVE ME A SANDWICH!!!" and not have any consciousness. This virus has me paranoid just a bit.

• Same here in Florida now that beaches are reopening which is by far a foolish error at this point I'm just glad this lawyer is protesting as the Grim Reaper wielding a coffin at the beaches
    Maybe I should dress up as ether as the Green or Black Horsemen of the four-horsemen of the apocalypse.

My state is now re-opening a bit. We're having malls and restaurants open completely. Of course, I am not going to just go out there and be like "GIVE ME A SANDWICH!!!" and not have any consciousness. This virus has me paranoid just a bit.

• Nahh, don't do that.

Dress up as the Demogorgon, people would lose their shit.

Same here in Florida now that beaches are reopening which is by far a foolish error at this point I'm just glad this lawyer is protesting as

• edited May 2020

Is anyone here pro-lockdown and against reopening the economy? No politics rule of course, but I'm really not sure how feasible it is to stay closed. A lot of studies are showing that antibodies are already widespread and that the death rate might be lower than once thought.

Can someone tell me what's flawed in this argument? Not looking to debate, but I've always thought the best way to improve your view on issues is always to understand the other side. I really think that it's time to reopen, but just cancel concerts/conventions and have nursing homes refuse visitors. From the data I've seen, it's looking like LESS people would die if we reopened, since factors such as suicide and people not seeking medical attention for heart attack warning signs are killing people. Plus, recessions can kill, the longer we stay locked down the worse a recession could be, which kills.

Under spoiler tap, a small excerpt of some data

7 weeks ago, it made sense to lockdown, but now that we have more science to go off of from other countries and the United States, I think we should open up to save lives. If this data is correct and shows that it's less deadly than the flu, I think that we should reopen. Humans are wired to be afraid of the unknown, but now that we know more about COVID-19, I think we should be less afraid and more vigilant.
    According to professional analysis, 21% of New York City residents have tested positive for antibodies. 17% of Long Island residents have tested positive for antibodies. Over 3% of upstate New York residents tested positive for antibodies. This adds up to 2.7 million New Yorkers.This is going off a large reliable sample size of 3,000 people.
    Source

Assuming that the current NYC death statistics are correct this means that of the 15,755 deaths reported to COVID-19, the death rate is actually 0.0005% instead of the already very low .059% reported by the CDC based on the deaths and cases as of April 23rd.
    Source

Because of these stats, I also don't understand the global supply chain shutting down over this, but not for the 3.8 million deaths due to communicable disease.

Also. This lockdown is causing dramatically increased rates of suicide, overdose, alcohol poisoning, domestic violence, child abuse, and more.
    Source

• I think Cops won't misses their shots if they saw me wearing that. 😂

Nahh, don't do that. Dress up as the Demogorgon, people would lose their shit.

• I thought the earth had 8 billion people?

Is anyone here pro-lockdown and against reopening the economy? No politics rule of course, but I'm really not sure how feasible it is to sta

• edited May 2020

My state here in Oklahoma is opening up right now. Malls and all. Expect Gyms. Those are opening up little by little. Theaters haven't opened up yet. Probably by mid-june most likely.

I got finally get my haircut yesterday and finally go to dine(though only a few ppl were dining in ) in a restaurant. I had to wear a mask and it felt good to finally get outside again

Same here in Florida now that beaches are reopening which is by far a foolish error at this point I'm just glad this lawyer is protesting as

• Have a look at the charts at the World Meter Database yourself.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-toll/

Under total deaths, your figure is from April 18, but the latest number from May 3 is around 248,000, so it is rapidly catching up with Malaria. Most of the other causes of death had several months to accumulate those numbers, but the vast majority of COVID-19 cases occurred in just the month of April, and it doesn't look like it's over yet. That's with social distancing in place. Without it, there's a fear that the previous death totals are not representative of a future more-open society.

Measurements of everything are also less than ideal, including the death toll numbers I just cited above. Is it an underestimate because not everywhere in the world is good at classifying causes of death? Is it an overestimate because some shady facilities are inflating their numbers to get more funding? (I don't think so, but I've seen that argument.) And the antibody tests are not 100% accurate, plus it's not known for sure if antibodies mean immunity or if they prevent you from picking up the disease and spreading it to others in the course of your day.

That's why it's a tough question. For those who know they're near to higher-risk people, I'd recommend continued precautions no matter what society does.

Is anyone here pro-lockdown and against reopening the economy? No politics rule of course, but I'm really not sure how feasible it is to sta

• I don't really expect anything anymore my mom gave me heart attack when she told me two people didn't giver the six feet distance.

My state here in Oklahoma is opening up right now. Malls and all. Expect Gyms. Those are opening up little by little. Theaters haven't opene

• Yay, xkcd!

• Everyone wishes they had this type of cigar to make the time passing this easy.

• I've heard of an anime where a guy had the ability to do the opposite effect. He made a guy feel like they were being stabbed over a century while it took place in 10 seconds.

AronDracula posted: »

Everyone wishes they had this type of cigar to make the time passing this easy.

• Message from Albert Wesker

• So just yesterday I found about what was going on in South Korea right now. It is becoming more worse especially for other communities in that country.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/08/anti-gay-backlash-feared-in-south-korea-after-coronavirus-media-reports?__twitter_impression=true

• Still refusing to go out till this day I’ll only take out the trash check the mail and pay rent this is way too soon for reopening I mean sure some parents have mouths too feed but don’t open everything.

So just yesterday I found about what was going on in South Korea right now. It is becoming more worse especially for other communities in th

Sign in to comment in this discussion.