The Wolf Among Us 2 - Storyboard Ideas and Wishlist

edited April 2023 in General Chat

Hello.

It is me.

Again.

Sorry to seem to never stop making these kinds of videos but I step a bit way from the "concept" videos and just wanted to share some ideas and some scenes that I'd like to see in Wolf 2.

This is theoretically if Wolf 2 took place right where episode 5 ended, not skipping a beat. Its overall kinda made to feel like a bridge- like Wolf 2 episode 1 is more so meant to "feel" like its Wolf Among Us episode 6. Anyway, if you got the time check it out if you are cool.

Also worth mentioning: I am terrible at "talking to myself." I don't blame you if you find my way of explaining things very boring, I'm not very good at making things sound exciting when I don't have any faces in front of me to bounce off of.

Anyway, thanks fellas.

ʸᵉˢ ᴵ ᵖᵒˢᵗᵉᵈ ᶜʳᶦⁿᵍᵉ, ᵃⁿᵈ ⁿᵒʷ ᴵ ᵃᵐ ᵍᵒᶦⁿᵍ ᵗᵒ ˡᵒˢᵉ ˢᵘᵇˢᶜʳᶦᵇᵉʳ

Comments

• I must say I really like your TWAU2 videos. They're fun to watch while we're waiting for any official info and you have some very interesting ideas and insights. Also, your take on the characters is very spot on. Great job.

• edited May 2020

Your ideas are sick man,i think you really nailed the whole beginning with the recap of what happened to the first game for old players and newcomers and Blue Boy being introduced asking you questions really hope they do end up doing something like that.

Also like the idea of using the funds of the Town to try to repair some of the damage you've done,the Snow part as well the dialogues were pretty good too (except that one line bigby says to bluebeard lmao) really awesome i dont regret watching the whole vid good job.

• Thank you.

Et_Caetera posted: »

I must say I really like your TWAU2 videos. They're fun to watch while we're waiting for any official info and you have some very interesting ideas and insights. Also, your take on the characters is very spot on. Great job.

• I made the storyboard's first so I knew what I wanted to happen in the scene, so when it came to filling in dialogue I didn't leave myself proper room to develop that great a line for Bigby to insult Bluebeard when considering what Bluebeard was saying. (or maybe I did, but the focus was more so about the direction of the scene rather than dialogue. Trust me I hate it too lol)

"You're gonna need all of it to work here." - Biggo the Wolf

iFoRias posted: »

Your ideas are sick man,i think you really nailed the whole beginning with the recap of what happened to the first game for old players and

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited May 2020

This was a pretty neat video; you did a bang-up job at capturing the Season 1 vibe without it coming off as amateur fan fiction, and the idea of a story-generator that uses the Storybook aesthetic from that storybook in 101 is pretty sharp.

Unlike most on the forums, I'm usually more a fan of each Season trying its own thing (unless, of course, there were seasons that were meant to be a long-form story like Game of Thrones was planned to be), but your idea seemed like a good compromise between exploring new ideas while having some shoutouts to previous Seasons.

Not that this was a ~super serious~ video, but a small amount of criticism is that I'd leave the aftermath of the Faith/Nerissa choice entirely to the player's imagination instead (aside from the scene of Bigby writing his guess of who was glamoured in his police report), to better match the ambiguous noir ending vibe. I think Wolf 1's ending works better in a "less is more" way instead of elaborating more on what happened, and the sense of not-knowing leaves more of a dramatic impression on the player.

• edited May 2020

Thanks Blind my guy.

Personally I would have been fine with Wolf 2 being more of its own thing, and I always thought it was strange Telltale never made a second season as it easily could have been its own thing without really worrying about connecting back to the first game. It easily could have been like a Sherlock Holmes book. Same characters, same world, past events aren't that key to the new story. However, I do think I would prefer Wolf 2 to be a bit more intertwined to the first game's story, and I would probably do that by having characters like Jersey and the Tweedles reappear as we find out whatever their up to and how this new mystery ends up connecting to the first. Pretty much making it so The Wolf Among Us 2 is literally the "Part 2" of this story. The first game's companion piece.

And I do agree and I probably should have made it a lot more clear in the video, I dont want Nerissa/Faith to be answered either. It never should. The opening is more so to try and establish that we don't know as when Bigby follows her she is gone. However, if this were to be a "part 2" like I said above, I wanted that intro to still be there because it will be important later on in this theoretical story. I feel Faith/Nerissa should continue to be pulling some kind of strings from the background, but we never get close to them enough to actually be able to find out who they are. Just as the story goes we may find out some more info about the girls which may start making us think its Faith, then another that may imply its Nerissa. Build upon the unknowing but never give an answer. Then maybe in the last episode we finally have a "talk" with them but the situation would have it so we cant actually see them (and there would need to be some audio mixing like mixing both their voices together so you cant just tell who it is) . Maybe we get a phone call where we finally really talk about how now everything truly is "solved" (maybe even this voice gives us hints the entire game through phone calls) and how she helped Bigby again, but the reveal would never be stated. Just spit balling ideas for this really, but I do agree, Faith/Nerissa shouldn't get a definitive answer and should always be left up to the player.

(I also feel like a lot of people are really expecting Faith/Nerissa to continue to be expanded on and will be upset if after 8 years they never "show up" again. I don't personally agree with that mentality, but I think this idea would be a good way to keep them involved in the plot without giving away the answer.)

Anyway that was a lot. Thanks Blind, you are epic as always, homie.

This was a pretty neat video; you did a bang-up job at capturing the Season 1 vibe without it coming off as amateur fan fiction, and the ide

• (I also feel like a lot of people are really expecting Faith/Nerissa to continue to be expanded on and will be upset if after 8 years they never "show up" again. I don't personally agree with that mentality, but I think this idea would be a good way to keep them involved in the plot without giving away the answer.)

Yea very true. It would be nice for Telltale to see this, even if the story has already been planned out there could be still be a few things that could change.

Poogers555 posted: »

Thanks Blind my guy. Personally I would have been fine with Wolf 2 being more of its own thing, and I always thought it was strange Tellt

• Fairly certain AdHoc is still very early on in the writing process. True scripting probably didn't start until last month in all honestly. I do have a lot of faith in those guys though so I am really curious to see whatever direction they take the story.

Ghetsis posted: »

(I also feel like a lot of people are really expecting Faith/Nerissa to continue to be expanded on and will be upset if after 8 years they n

• I want Season 2 to be set after Crane's death. I do hope Faith/Nerissa will be in season 2 as well.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.