The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited May 2020

@ClemyClooAndBabyboo I believe I found the corporate who Banned you on Twitter his name is Spaziotwat his account can’t be reached so I think he’s been deactivated.

• edited May 2020

@ClemyClooAndBabyboo nevermide that guys still there.

• @ClemyClooAndBabyboo The crazy this is that he has multiple accounts.

• edited May 2020

Well where I live, nobody under the age of 30 is leaving the house unless it’s to deliver groceries. Whenever I look out the window, there’s an old person strolling across the street. I went to my aunt’s a few days ago for her birthday, and on the journey there the streets were full of old people, few wearing masks, others jut in close proximity with other people. Plus the majority of people, who attend these protest rally’s, are middle-aged or older.

Also I don’t know where that roast came from, I’m not looking for an argument, I was just documenting my own personal experience and couldn’t find the right word to describe one group of people, that’s it. I’m sorry if I somehow offended you.

Remember when I mentioned how boomers are literally all over the place now and how all of us young people refuse to leave the front door? we

• it do be like that sometimes

Poogers555 posted: »

Whats the deal, with gamers?

• I guess that makes sense. It's extra money and after the released version, there are people genuinely curious as to the original version.

lupinb0y posted: »

Lmao I can't fucking believe they're actually releasing the Snyder Cut of Justice League.

• Other user: Their opinion.

Me: Yeah I agree.

Everyone on the forums for some reason

ᵇᵘᵗ ʷʰʸ... ʷʰʸ ᶦˢ ᶦᵗ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ᵗʰᶦˢˀ

it do be like that sometimes

• edited May 2020

One of my favorite shows currently on TV, The Dragon Prince, just received two Emmy nominations, one for Outstanding Music Direction and Composition (Frederik Wiedmann), and the other for Outstanding Children's Animated Series (it's children in the same way Avatar: The Last Airbender is children: it can be enjoyed by all age groups).

This is a pretty big announcement as the series has not yet been renewed for additional seasons by Netflix. So hopefully, with two nominations like this, Netflix will get the hint.

• I wish I could get some of those sweet, sweet likes. I have to put work in to get you; you got them knocking on your door every time.

Other user: Their opinion. Me: Yeah I agree. Everyone on the forums for some reason ᵇᵘᵗ ʷʰʸ... ʷʰʸ ᶦˢ ᶦᵗ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ᵗʰᶦˢˀ

• you got them knocking on your door every time.

The power of memes is too strong apparently.

I wish I could get some of those sweet, sweet likes. I have to put work in to get you; you got them knocking on your door every time.

• i... how did you even like, manage that? twitter is a hellscape just scolling through it, much less trying to find someone??? i'm way too high for this rn man.

@ClemyClooAndBabyboo I believe I found the corporate who Banned you on Twitter his name is Spaziotwat his account can’t be reached so I think he’s been deactivated.

• Maybe people really want you to get to those sweet 100k likes?

Other user: Their opinion. Me: Yeah I agree. Everyone on the forums for some reason ᵇᵘᵗ ʷʰʸ... ʷʰʸ ᶦˢ ᶦᵗ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ᵗʰᶦˢˀ

• If it is not that you are Royalty. Then it has to be that you were bitten by a certain radioactive creature.

Don't worry, we will find out what happened to you

• edited May 2020

So that She-Ra reboot Netflix animated series ended the other day. I'd heard a lot of good things about it and liked the look of the show enough so I gave it a shot and I accidentally watched all five seasons in 3 days.

It's pretty good.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Netflix is absolutely killing it in the animation department, because this series is absolutely fantastic. I fuckin' loved this show.

I now have this empty feeling you get when you finish a really good tv show/movie and don't know what to do lol. I guess I'll have to find something else to fill that hole.

• I need to start Season 5 myself. Didn't intend to watch the show at first, now I need to finish it.

So that She-Ra reboot Netflix animated series ended the other day. I'd heard a lot of good things about it and liked the look of the show en

• edited May 2020

Theirs this Russian youtuber I watch his name is (NFKRZ) he was doing a give away on Twitter and well he got banned.

I'm lost with words on this one but here's the video so you get who the corporate is he banned everyone I remember seeing the A-hole two your ago.

i... how did you even like, manage that? twitter is a hellscape just scolling through it, much less trying to find someone??? i'm way too high for this rn man.

• If you haven’t, I’d recommend The Dragon Prince.

So that She-Ra reboot Netflix animated series ended the other day. I'd heard a lot of good things about it and liked the look of the show en

• edited May 2020

@ClemyClooAndBabyboo
    https://twitter.com/spaziotwat_

Tell me if you recognize this Twitter user?

• What happens when I reach 100k? What will be my reward?

Pipas posted: »

Maybe people really want you to get to those sweet 100k likes?

• So here's a question I had on my mind a month or two ago that I might've asked, but don't reliably remember doing: do many people care much about Big Hero 6?

• edited May 2020

Yeah I'll probably get to watching this next. Only thing holding me back is the framerate which from what little I've seen, can get pretty iffy.

If you haven’t, I’d recommend The Dragon Prince.

• Maybe you'll finally be promoted to mod.

What happens when I reach 100k? What will be my reward?

• It's only like that in the 1st season. The reason the frame rate looks like that was that they were trying to "offset floatiness," so they purposely reduced it. Seasons 2 and 3 did away with it as a response to the criticism, and they look amazing. And while it's a bit jarring at times in the first season, there are times where it works and it actually looks pretty good. Besides, the writing, story, and characters more than makes up for it.

Yeah I'll probably get to watching this next. Only thing holding me back is the framerate which from what little I've seen, can get pretty iffy.

Maybe you'll finally be promoted to mod.

• Hm. What could we expect of him once he's elected?

Maybe you'll finally be promoted to mod.

• I agree with what Metallica said. It's actually not that bad once you get used to it. I got into a few episodes today, and once you get onto thinking about what the characters are like and try to piece together the story you start not to notice. There are scenes where if you see the characters only move a few frames it can still produce a lot of emotion because the timing and the music are just so well done. You're going to want to see this.

• edited May 2020

So that She-Ra reboot Netflix animated series ended the other day. I'd heard a lot of good things about it and liked the look of the show enough so I gave it a shot and I accidentally watched all five seasons in 3 days.

Holy shit.
    It's been on my watchlist for about half a year, and I guess with the new season out, Netflix has been bugging me with banners everywhere advertising the show (much to the chagrin of my family).

...So I did the most reasonable thing and didn't start it. I started watching a Netflix-produced anime called Carole and Tuesday. Story about two girls living on Mars who team up and try to make it in the music industry. Though in a futuristic world run almost entirely by AI, the human touch in entertainment is a hard thing to find.
    I'm only 3 episodes in, but so far the show is pretty interesting. You wouldn't know it was Mars unless someone told you -- so far we've only seen the utopian city and futuristic design of the world (eh, maybe they'll venture out to a red desert sometime).
    The really unique thing about this anime is that all the songs are produced in english, regardless of dub language. So, that's kind of why I'm watching it in english dub. That way it won't be so jarring to hear Japanese voices suddenly acquire american singing voices, and even though the dub cast and lyrics cast are entirely different, they flow into one another so well, you can't even tell that it's two different actors.

A show that's been beckoning me for my return is K-On!! Season 2. Cutesy anime about school girls forming a band together -- but I don't want to exhaust my catalog of musical-based anime series yet, so I think I'll jump on that She-Ra train after I complete a season or two of C&T.

• edited May 2020

Disney+ just added some ASMR-style soundscapes to their catalog, called Zenimation. It's a weird and interesting addition, letting you see an edited compilation of different recognisable themes and sounds from different films -- like Cityscapes, Night, or Nature, and more -- it also showcases some really cool forgotten classics like Atlantis and Treasure Planet.

Also, heads up: the Simpsons is getting its first 19 seasons' 4:3 Aspect Ratio restored on May 28th

• so I think I'll jump on that She-Ra train after I complete a season or two of C&T.

I highly recommend it. If it helps, it gives off some big Avatar vibes at times. It's not a perfect show, but I feel like for whatever faults it has in certain aspects, it makes up for them with some really well written characters and drama.

Carole and Tuesday sounds pretty neat. I haven't watched any anime at all for a long time now so I might put that on my list to things to watch.

AChicken posted: »

• Carole and Tuesday sounds pretty neat.

It really is neat. I watched a couple more episodes today, and while there were maybe a few moments that felt poorly written (like someone buying a product without noticing the clearly-visible 1-star rating), there's some real interesting plot threads involving some CEO of an AI company trying to tune a singer's voice for the perfect song, some really catchy tunes in the show itself, and the show seems to be brimming with representation, which is just a cool thing to see anytime. Lots of different ethnicities in the Martian city and some characters are blatantly shown to have a lesbian relationship, kiss and all. Cool for a Japanese anime production, since I'm pretty sure Japan is ok about homosexuality, but not very openly supportive of it, or promotes showing relationship in public.

so I think I'll jump on that She-Ra train after I complete a season or two of C&T. I highly recommend it. If it helps, it gives

• What episode did you get to?

I agree with what Metallica said. It's actually not that bad once you get used to it. I got into a few episodes today, and once you get onto

• edited May 2020

Apparently this is month-old news, but Troy Baker has left the webshow Retro Replay he hosted alongside Nolan North.

I only occasionally watch their show on YouTube (and I guess the last episode of theirs I saw released a month ago), but it was when I checked out one of the latest ones did I find Nolan on his own with some special guests.

According to the article and reports from Troy himself, they had a dispute over what direction the show should go, and instead of fighting over it and potentially ruin their friendship, Troy decided to step away from Retro Replay and he'd start his own channel on YouTube. Troy said that their friendship is at the moment "not okay" after his departure, but that it "would be" once things calm down and some time passes.
    That's unfortunate, but I'm glad they've decided to part ways if it meant they'd stay buddies. Would really have sucked if one of the other had left the show on some bad terms.

• That's unfortunate, but I'm glad they've decided to part ways if it meant they'd stay buddies. Would really have sucked if one of the other had left the show on some bad terms.

Them hating each other would be especially weird since they both often appear in a lot of the same games.

Apparently this is month-old news, but Troy Baker has left the webshow Retro Replay he hosted alongside Nolan North. I only occasionally

• edited May 2020

Just finished playing the entire Walking Dead series by Telltale (never played 3 and 4 before now). I would/should comment on that section, but it won't let me for some reason. Anyway, just some thoughts:

I liked the majority of the series even with some of the iffy directions the writers took it in places. My first real issue wasn't really in till the end of S2 where you have the choice of walking away with AJ alone, going back to the store with Jane or going with Kenny to look for the rumoured wellington. The only real logical call in this choice is going back to the store as Clem alone with AJ is mad as they've both just kids and although the idea of wellington sounds great, Kenny is mad to just wander around in weird hope it's real, friendly and not been destroyed since starting up.

The problem is, the logical choice sees you having to pick Jane when I'd rather go back to the store with Kenny instead. That ending felt a bit blah because it.

Season 3 was interesting. I quite liked the different approach of seeing Clem through the eyes of a new person and because it's been so long, you don't really know what to think of her etc. Did AJ die, has she become bitter etc. Not much I have wrong with this season tbh.

Season 4 had a troubled production so I understand that plays a major role in why this turned out the way it did. However, having said that, I really, really don't like what they did with Clem at the end (leg). I get what the writers were going for with a mirrored situation as Lee in season 1 with a twist, but it just didn't work for me. Lee wanted Clem to be stronger than him and she is but I think this basically leaves her in bad way with little chance of survival in another attack on the home.

Just my take, but I think i would have done it this way:

The walker grabs Clems hurt leg, but they're not sure if it bit Clem or not due to the injury. They talk in the barn about what AJ needs to do if she is etc still. We then have a time skip. A big one. AJ is now older and bumps into the others on the way back to "home". They talk about walkers being a rare sight now and the comminities are working together more, but they prefer to be alone hidden still. After doing some chores etc, they sit down for dinner and then someone sits next to AJ. It's Clem. Older, alive and no missing limps etc.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited May 2020

Carole and Tuesday actually takes place within the same world as Cowboy Bebop, they're both created by Shinichiro Watanabe. No big connections or anything, just in the same universe. Most of his stuff is generally fantastic in dub.

• tfw you realize obama's last name is obama

• Bit like how Mario's last name is Mario.

Mario Mario

• This doesn't make Troy look good re the BL3 situation... maybe he was in the wrong and just isn't personable.

Apparently this is month-old news, but Troy Baker has left the webshow Retro Replay he hosted alongside Nolan North. I only occasionally

• Been watching the simpsons a lot since I'm stuck inside because of the virus. It's actually really sad to see the show fall so far and fast. The newer seasons do have their funny moments, but the plot and ideas are all over the place.

Would love a Hit & Run remaster mind.

• That is a pretty big jump, nothing that happened in this Retro Replay disagreement is anywhere close to what was going on with Troy Baker and Gearbox.

I really dont see how Troy leaving RR can be equated to him being the problem with the Rhys situation.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

This doesn't make Troy look good re the BL3 situation... maybe he was in the wrong and just isn't personable.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.