The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited May 2020

Honestly Im not expecting that many reveals to be honest, probably around 5.

Horizon Zero Dawn 2 will probably be shown and be a launch day game.

God of War 2 reveal

Resident Evil 8 reveal

New IP/Unheard of Game (possibly Spider-Man 2)

And then Im fairly certain it leaked Sega will have some sort of big next gen reveal, and time wise seems to make sense for it to be revealed here.

After that Im not really expecting many "game reveals" but probably a list of games that are already announced to quickly be shown in a montage or something, as well as cross-gen games and maybe some info on how cross-playing PS4 games works and how digital games can be transferred over to PS5. (Be super cool if somehow Wolf 2 showed up in the quick smaller reveals but I dont see that happening. I really doubt that game has enough to actually show off for Sony to want to highlight it as well as the fact that I dont think LCG and Athlon have enough to really get any connections with Sony. Also iirc Athlon has some sort of partnership with either Xbox or the Summer Game Fest meaning if we see Wolf 2 its more likely to happen at one of those events or the PC Game show and will probably just be a super early "first look" like official Bigby reveal in the new engine.)

Revec posted: »

Any predictions? With so many publishers/studios doing their own shows, it might be quite a limited show. On the same note, with so many

• edited May 2020

Ah, right. Maybe a lot of third party games and indies just in a montage thing instead.

If I remember right, Wolf 2 is using Unreal Engine - I'll never understand why Telltale didn't move to it sooner, but hey ho.

• Do we have any high hopes that Wolf 2 will actually make an appearance at any of the events this year? With the total radio silence, lack of hype and Covid complications, I have a hard time believing that they’ve done much work on it.

Poogers555 posted: »

Honestly Im not expecting that many reveals to be honest, probably around 5. Horizon Zero Dawn 2 will probably be shown and be a launch d

• I think it will. Wolf 2 is being done by a smaller team that won't suffer the same problems that big teams have, it's been in the works for a while and they're using the unreal engine.

• I really hope that PS5's power of short load times will fix games like Jedi Fallen Order and Bloodborne because I really despise textures and assets taking too long to load.

• Texture pop? Yeah with SSD's being standard in these that should be a thing of the past.

Saying that, there's no reason it's an issue right now. In short, the higher resolution of a texture the slower it moves from the hard drive to the GPU. If they dropped the texture resolution down, it would transfer quicker thus not "pop in" as they do.

• There'll be more Wolf 2 news before the end of the year but I dont think it will be much. Probably something along the lines with what happened with the Final Season where they showed off what the game was planned to look like and not really go in depth anywhere else.

booper posted: »

Do we have any high hopes that Wolf 2 will actually make an appearance at any of the events this year? With the total radio silence, lack of hype and Covid complications, I have a hard time believing that they’ve done much work on it.

• School just ended for me.

Damn, it feels nice to be able to take a breath and just acknowledge that this year was one of the most improved years. I've dealt with a lot, and I can't say this year was it's best. It definitely wasn't by any means, this schoolyear was horrible. With family issues and then COVID. But, honestly. I don't think I'll be able to look back and only say "Ew, that year of my life? Glad I'm not like that anymore. Pfft.". Instead, I just think that because of how much this year turned into shit so quickly as a lesson to me. Because, through all of my fuck ups and other shit, I learned from them.

I just feel glad for most of this to be over, and I just can't wait for the next year of school! :sunglasses:

(I know, this is some random fucking shit. But, I just felt like saying this. lmao)

• I mean, these seem cool. The only one I kinda doubt will make a reveal, is TWAU S2. I don't know why, but, it seems way too soon for that.

I also heard that a new Star Wars game will be revealed next week, so I'm kinda hyped for that.

Any predictions? With so many publishers/studios doing their own shows, it might be quite a limited show. On the same note, with so many

• I'll never understand why Telltale didn't move to it sooner, but hey ho.

The CEO at the time, Kevin Bruner, was very adamant in keeping the original engine (probably because he helped develop it), which is why they never changed it despite the continuous criticism.

Then he got booted out by the board of directors and Pete Hawley stepped in as CEO. Telltale then announced that Batman: Enemy Within and The Walking Dead: Final Season would be the last games running on their Telltale Tool engine and that Wolf Among Us 2 would be the first of their games to run on Unity.

Then you probably know the rest. RIPperino in pepperoni.

Ah, right. Maybe a lot of third party games and indies just in a montage thing instead. If I remember right, Wolf 2 is using Unreal Engine - I'll never understand why Telltale didn't move to it sooner, but hey ho.

• The presentation is currently set to be around an hour, so that'll probably be enough to debut the console, potential accessories and a good handful of games and teases.

• "turned out"

you say that like cinemasins hasn't always been an unfunny poor man's substitute for proper film criticism and analysis run by an uptight misogynist dickwad who physically cannot pick up on themes or symbolism in cinema and takes everything at face value

I see, Cinemasins turned out to be a giant eared cretin.

• Ever think about the alternate universe where Biggo the Wolf was the original Bigby?

• I thought Cimenasins was literally just "Nickpicking the Light-hearted"

"turned out" you say that like cinemasins hasn't always been an unfunny poor man's substitute for proper film criticism and analysis run

• It was meant to be a funny little joke. chill, please.

"turned out" you say that like cinemasins hasn't always been an unfunny poor man's substitute for proper film criticism and analysis run

• I’ve never seen this art before, where’s it from?

Ever think about the alternate universe where Biggo the Wolf was the original Bigby?

• Beta achievement chapter markers for Wolf Among Us

I’ve never seen this art before, where’s it from?

• That's really cool. Are there any more?

Beta achievement chapter markers for Wolf Among Us

• Yes but nothing really worth showing as its just the same image but with different numbers for each episode and chapter, and a few have a different color hue.

Theres quite a bit of interesting ununsed beta Wolf stuff that I kinda want to make a video on or make a big compilation post for like I did Tales but I feel the presentation isnt that great. InColdBlood who makes a lot of Telltale cut content is planning on making a Wolf video after they finish their Walking Dead videos, so I am assuming they will probably cover everything I'd want to share but do it in a much more presentable manner so look out for that whenever they get to it.

That's really cool. Are there any more?

• So this dropped earlier this morning

• Ah, right. Pride was the issue. The stupid rapid expansion of the studio didn't help either,. I mean come on! They had one really popular game and went nuts thinking they'd maintain those numbers 🤦‍♂️

Speaking of engines...

I really don't think we're going to see this massive difference between XSX and PS5. Yes, PS5 streams data faster, no doubt there, but the vast amount of data we're talking about that both can shift shouldn't really be a big deal anyway. We're at the point of diminishing returns with even the more meh games on PS4/xbox still looking pretty decent. Plus, there's only so much money publishers/studios can sink into games with art etc, so even if more is possible, I doubt we'll see anyone outside flag ship titles really push it.

Personally, I find art direction more interesting than realism.

lupinb0y posted: »

I'll never understand why Telltale didn't move to it sooner, but hey ho. The CEO at the time, Kevin Bruner, was very adamant in keep

• I drew Korra. I was trying to learn how to do more action-y looking art and I think it turned out looking okay.

• Ohhh shit. I am ready. Also Manga reader here too. Get ready for this rollercoaster ride

DabigRG posted: »

So this dropped earlier this morning

• Last week I got really lucky. Amazon officially restocked the Nintendo Switch, selling a few units at its base 400$ price. Considering you can barely find one on there or on eBay being scalped at over 600$+ I took a chance and bought it.

It just arrived today. I'm so excited!! :grin:

Though with a new console, that leads to a new problem. Games.
    To those of you who own Switches, what have I missed in the past 3 years that I should pick up? Considering I just spent nearly half a grand on this thing, I think I'll want to keep it to either one big game purchase or a handful of small ones. Plus, I don't want to make my backlog even bigger, hehe.
    ex-E3 season is coming up, so there should be some game sales happening soon.

• Finished ep1 of Life is Strange S2. There's nothing wrong with it, but it all feels very familiar if that makes sense. It's like I can predict the beats with this episode. It's early days of course and this is just the setup mind.

I enjoyed Lis S1, but Dontnod seem to have this weird thing when they write for teens/kids. It's like they're trying too hard and think teens are all about being extreme and they all hook up, drink and smoke weed etc. Dunno about you guys, but I didn't know anyone like that in my teen years. Most were too busy stressing over work, exams, family etc. It just seems stereotypical of adults seeing teens like that so just write them like it.

• edited May 2020

An amazing and historic moment.

• Nice find. Hopefully they land on their feet as they're clearly talented.

• Let me ask you something: why aren't you using the reply button to respond to someone else's comment?

Nice find. Hopefully they land on their feet as they're clearly talented.

• I would also like to know this.

Also, what's with the broken profile image, Revec? Intentional, or is the site just dying?

AronDracula posted: »

Let me ask you something: why aren't you using the reply button to respond to someone else's comment?

• edited May 2020

I haven't played all of these games, some are just from word of mouth from friends and other places. These will be marked with a "**".

Singleplayer:
    - Mario Odyssey
    - Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    - Astral Chain**
    - Fire Emblem: The Three Houses**
    - Bayonetta 1+2
    - Pokemon Sword/Shield (if you're into Pokemon)
    - Super Mario Maker 2 (if you're feeling masochistic)**
    - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild**
    - Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (a legitimately decent Xcom styled game if you're into that)
    - Luigi's Mansion 3**
    - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze**
    - Golf Story**
    - Sayonara Wild Hearts

Couch Co-op/Multiplayer games:
    - Splatoon 2
    - Smash Ultimate
    - Super Mario Party (this game will destroy relationships)
    - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Also check out some of the non-exclusive ports like Doom and whatnot. They run pretty well all things considered but they still have some hiccups.

AChicken posted: »

Last week I got really lucky. Amazon officially restocked the Nintendo Switch, selling a few units at its base 400$ price. Considering you c

• New video by Graysonn! Watch it, it's a good one!

• I will. Gotta play catchup

New video by Graysonn! Watch it, it's a good one!

• edited May 2020

I'm browsing the Switch's Eshop and I'm seriously impressed how much support this console is getting. There's some really unexpected and impressive additions to this catalog (minus the troves of mobile/steam shovelware)

Like... They've got SUPERHOT!

Outlast is on this platform! (If I recall, doesn't the first game have like... Full-blown naked inmates running around?)

Their partnership with Xbox/Microsoft is trickling through, with Xbox/PC-centric titles like Cuphead and Ori and the Blind Forest.
    That last point is especially cool since I've been a Playstation boi with a low-end laptop.

• I wonder if originally we met Clem in the Slaughter House. Game obviously went through extreme dev hell and changed a ton of times, but I wouldnt be surprised if at one point in development it started the same with the junk yard as always and we are taken on the truck, but this version we actually reach the slaughter house and are in prison, and there we meet Clem for the first time, and then Prescott raids the place so we group up with them there because they basically saved us.

New video by Graysonn! Watch it, it's a good one!

• edited May 2020

Site dying is the reason. I push reply but it doesn't always work. I added the profile image, but again it says it works but it doesn't 🤷‍♂️

I imagine the sites running on the telltale engine 😁

Update: okay, after numerous attempts, it's finally started showing an avatar...I hope.

I would also like to know this. Also, what's with the broken profile image, Revec? Intentional, or is the site just dying?

• Outlast is on this platform! (If I recall, doesn't the first game have like... Full-blown naked inmates running around?)

It's those creepy twins who instant kill you if you get close to them. They are the only inmates with unclothed genitals.

I'm browsing the Switch's Eshop and I'm seriously impressed how much support this console is getting. There's some really unexpected and imp

• edited May 2020

I like the switch, but I doubt I'll get one personally. Most of the games we're seeing on their are either from last gen (which nintendo missed every HD game) or nintendo exclusives which I have little interest in.

I used to like Zelda, but having played BOTW for a bit around my friends house, it just wasn't for me. Suffers the same problem a lot of open world games have of a huge open world with little to actually do in it.

Most indie games appear on PS4, PC and Xbox too, so no lost there. Plus, Switch games (even ports) are stupidly dear. Why pay more for the inferior version? 🤷‍♂️

• You also get to see your dong in the Whistleblower DLC.

AronDracula posted: »

Outlast is on this platform! (If I recall, doesn't the first game have like... Full-blown naked inmates running around?) It's those creepy twins who instant kill you if you get close to them. They are the only inmates with unclothed genitals.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.