The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• If the MCU ever decides to bring in Modok, I wonder if they'll actually make him a huge freak with a giant head and tiny limbs like in the comics or if they'll try to make him more grounded looking. Like he's just a big floating robot tv head or something.

• Is MODOK, like, a serious villain?
    Also, is he a Captain America villain or....?

lupinb0y posted: »

If the MCU ever decides to bring in Modok, I wonder if they'll actually make him a huge freak with a giant head and tiny limbs like in the c

• edited June 2020

For the most part he's usually meant to be taken seriously as a real threat, but depending on the writer he can be pretty goofy.

He started out as a Captain America villain, but became an antagonist that a bunch of different heroes would face off against so he's not tied down to any particular hero.

DabigRG posted: »

Is MODOK, like, a serious villain? Also, is he a Captain America villain or....?

• edited June 2020

I got a new tv and my parents gave me their Netflix account so I can watch anything I want. And guess what? I think it's time for me to watch Avatar: The Last Airbender. The only thing that worries me is the fact that I am not as much of a TV viewer as I used to be in my childhood. I just don't have enough patience to watch the whole thing but I'm trying my best to get invested into the show.

@MetallicaRules I finished watching the first 3 episodes and I am already interested in the story.

• MODOK was leaked by a credible MCU leaker, I'll link the tweets and explain if you're okay knowing what movie he'll supposedly be in.

If the MCU ever decides to bring in Modok, I wonder if they'll actually make him a huge freak with a giant head and tiny limbs like in the c

• I finished watching the first 3 episodes and I am already interested in the story.

AronDracula posted: »

I got a new tv and my parents gave me their Netflix account so I can watch anything I want. And guess what? I think it's time for me to watc

• You won't regret watching that amazing series, you're gonna get even more immersed into the story in later episodes and seasons. My favorite season is Book 2, you'll soon find out why.

I got a new tv and my parents gave me their Netflix account so I can watch anything I want. And guess what? I think it's time for me to watc

• finished replaying the last of us, a game which i have not played since i was 16 and i gave a 4/10 to. 16 year old me is fucking stupid and now i know why none of you guys liked him. i will actively join you in kicking the shit out of me.

anyway 8/10 pretty good cant wait to play tlou2 electric boogaloo

• Nah it's fine. I'd prefer to be surprised :grimace:

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

MODOK was leaked by a credible MCU leaker, I'll link the tweets and explain if you're okay knowing what movie he'll supposedly be in.

• Nice, you definitely won't regret it. The show just keeps getting better and better with every season.

• Does anyone else have trouble with their account of this forum logging out from time to time?

• Yep, it's a site-wide issue. Hopefully it gets fixed sometime before the end of this decade.

Does anyone else have trouble with their account of this forum logging out from time to time?

• The last decade is already over. This is just the worst start of a new one. :smile:

Yep, it's a site-wide issue. Hopefully it gets fixed sometime before the end of this decade.

• hey you guys know how when you go to page one of this thread johro said something about ben stiller covered in cereal? anybody have that picture or is it lost to the sands of time?

• The 2020 Effect strikes again.

What will 2020 ruin next?! Find out tomorrow on... 2020!

The last decade is already over. This is just the worst start of a new one.

• Has anyone tried playing All Star by Smash Mouth on the guitar in LoU2 yet?

• hey you guys know how when you go to page one of this thread johro said something about ben stiller covered in cereal? anybody have that picture or is it lost to the sands of time?

• edited June 2020

It's crazy how we've reached a point where people are not even allowed to have a negative opinion about something.

• edited June 2020

Kaneki1_1b78IsOverParty

It's crazy how we've reached a point where people are not even allowed to have a negative opinion about something.

• What? 😂

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Kaneki1_1b78IsOverParty

• Boycott Twitch .

Bring back Dr Disrespect.

• edited June 2020

Yes I can accuses only through my phone at this point.

Does anyone else have trouble with their account of this forum logging out from time to time?

• Today I learned that Asobo Studio, the developers of A Plague Tale: Innocence, is the same studio that did all those Ratatouille games back in 2007.

I guess you should never let good assets go to waste.

• I just bought Okami HD for 12$ on my Switch. (It's a dollar cheaper than its sale on PS4, but Switch charges tax so it ends up about 50¢ more. Still great deal tho.)
    Everyone says this is a must-own title: "gorgeous, a PS2 classic, a masterpiece". So I bought it and am only now looking at a review... apparently it's a big action-adventure title that's around 40 hours long. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Also wanted to finally buy a big Nintendo title (that doesn't need extra peripherals), and I decided on Animal Crossing due to its wholesomeness (something I need after TLOU2) and I can easily jump-in/jump-out of. (It's also the Switch's biggest title and unlikely to go on sale soon due to its constant major profit.) Now to see if buying into Online is worth connecting to others with this game.

• I used to play a Ratatouille game on PS2. That game used to terrify me as a kid due to the game over screens and patrols like the dogs. I can also never forget those annoying ass fishes on waterbags in the final chapter. I hated those

Today I learned that Asobo Studio, the developers of A Plague Tale: Innocence, is the same studio that did all those Ratatouille games back in 2007. I guess you should never let good assets go to waste.

• Wall-E PS2 game over screens gave me nightmares as a kid

(Seriously though you guys are giving me so much nostalgia)

I used to play a Ratatouille game on PS2. That game used to terrify me as a kid due to the game over screens and patrols like the dogs. I can also never forget those annoying ass fishes on waterbags in the final chapter. I hated those

• This is EXACTLY the same style. I also played a WALL-E game but it was on PS3 and it's different.

@lupinb0y You just hit us with a lot of nostalgia. The good old days of licensed video games.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Wall-E PS2 game over screens gave me nightmares as a kid (Seriously though you guys are giving me so much nostalgia)

• Everyone here talking about old games.

Anyone else remember the PS1 and PS2 Harry Potter games? Those games were honestly really good and had a lot of charm to them, but they suffered from having almost no development time due to being tie in games. Honestly I feel it would be super cool if they were re-made and incorporated the best parts from the PS1, PS2, and even PC all together as a remake. Add in some mini games and some bonuses and we got a stew going.

(Also I feel like Im the only one who remembers Scooby-Doo Night of 100 Frights from back in the day which I also feel really deserves a remaster. It was never that challenging of a game but damn did it reek of charm. Crazy to think both Night of 100 Frights and the Harry Potter games are now 18 years old.)

• edited July 2020

Man, the nostalgia in this thread right now is awesome.

Ratatouille, Wall-E. Those Disney Interactive games were really fun. Owned them on PC.

I used to play a Ratatouille game on PS2. That game used to terrify me as a kid due to the game over screens and patrols like the dogs.

Maybe I ruined the experience/challenge of a video game by doing this, but it definitely helped keep 8-year-old me entertained and got me to complete the games... I looked up nearly every cheat code I could and just had fun with every one. Some were fun cosmetic unlocks (like giving Wall-E gold treads or an Alien backpack) some were gameplay-based and I kept them on a lot. Like not being able to be detected by robot enemies or a lock-on lazer.

I'm pretty sure with Ratatouille I quickly turned on and kept on the "Invincibility" and "Invisible to Enemies" cheats by the second or third level. Really helped me get through the game and complete the puzzles/platforming at my own pace.

Although I do remember some of those Wall-E death animations so I'm sure there were times where I didn't have them on and played with the settings (after beating the game and having all levels unlocked to jump around).

Huh. I'm pretty sure those games solidified my love for scripted cinematic setpieces (that I guess got me interested and equally hooked to Uncharted and the like). Different level-ending missions in Ratatouille ended with a thrilling chase around the kitchen from the head chef or something. Wall-E had this memorable sequence near the start where you had to race back to home base before you run out of power.

Anyone else remember the PS1 and PS2 Harry Potter games?

I'm not exactly sure which ones you're talking about, but I owned The Half-Blood Prince on PC. It was a fun re-telling of the film, and the best part was definitely the large, open-ended nature of Hogwarts. You could explore a really large part of the castle, finding collectibles and taking missions. Pretty sure the film cast did the voices too.

Wow this is a nice throwback.

• The good old days of licensed video games.

At least anime games are a thing. It's funny how now, it's the other way around. We get films based on video games, but not games based on films as much anymore.

This is EXACTLY the same style. I also played a WALL-E game but it was on PS3 and it's different. @lupinb0y You just hit us with a lot of nostalgia. The good old days of licensed video games.

• Some of those deaths are depressing!

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Wall-E PS2 game over screens gave me nightmares as a kid (Seriously though you guys are giving me so much nostalgia)

• Probably because a chunk of those games were prone to being cheap cash-ins or bizzare POSs

The good old days of licensed video games. At least anime games are a thing. It's funny how now, it's the other way around. We get films based on video games, but not games based on films as much anymore.

• edited July 2020

I'm just gonna go ahead and say this, most of telltale's walking dead sequels (even ANF, at least in some aspects.) are better than most of the majority of TLOU part 2 storyline.

• We get films based on video games, but not games based on films as much anymore.

Truer words have never been spoken. Alien Isolation is the only best movie-tie-in game that came out in this generation and it's sad that people care more about movies than video games. I still don't get why they still try to make movies based on video games when the curse is still not broken. I know Detective Pikachu and Sonic were a success but they aren't considered a MUST-WATCH for everyone.

The good old days of licensed video games. At least anime games are a thing. It's funny how now, it's the other way around. We get films based on video games, but not games based on films as much anymore.

• I would say that ANF is much better than Abby's campaign and the Epilogue, storywise.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say this, most of telltale's walking dead sequels (even ANF, at least in some aspects.) are better than most of the majority of TLOU part 2 storyline.

• There are some actually decent licensed games out there, man.

DabigRG posted: »

Probably because a chunk of those games were prone to being cheap cash-ins or bizzare POSs

• That I agree.

I would say that ANF is much better than Abby's campaign and the Epilogue, storywise.

• edited July 2020

Oh boy 😂

I mean, am I wrong?

Poogers555 posted: »

• edited July 2020

Yeah, I played some of the Harry Potter games, but on PC (which is relevant, because the console versions and the PC version of the first 2 games were entirely different). I remember reading that the filmmakers didn't communicate much with the developers of the first game, so they pretty much had to make up most of the stuff on their own or take inspiration from the book. (hence the inclusion of Peeves in the game) But yeah, it was a pretty cool game, but young me definitely had some trouble with it. I still have PTSD from hiding from Filch in the library, definitely my least favourite level, lol.

Poogers555 posted: »

Everyone here talking about old games. Anyone else remember the PS1 and PS2 Harry Potter games? Those games were honestly really good and

Sign in to comment in this discussion.