The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Tell them to go away

(sniffs) You guys smell that...that's the smell of baseball in the air. Baseball and sports have returned, and I could not be happier.

• Never, it's the only entertainment I've got. This year and this pandemic have already robbed me of several concerts, the gym, and movies, I will not let it take this from me.

dojo32161 posted: »

Tell them to go away

• Things might be looking up. I might be assisting in a surgery (a neuter for a cat) for the first time ever. I’ve been at this vet hospital as a kennel attendant and pseudo vet assistant in training for almost a year and while the lead vet still doesn’t know my name (my name is Alexis, aka Lexie — he’s called me Alexa, Leslie, Lily, etc.), I might finally be getting a chance to prove my worth as an employee.

It’d be great if they’d hire me full time so I can quit my job at Petco, but baby steps I guess.

• I really want to get back into reading books again. I used to read 30-40 novels a year but it's been a while since I've been able to read more than one.

• I need to do more reading. I have many books, but I just...am so lazy. I would have thought the circumstances would have led me to more reading - I was wrong.

lupinb0y posted: »

I really want to get back into reading books again. I used to read 30-40 novels a year but it's been a while since I've been able to read more than one.

• edited July 2020

I have many books, but I just...am so lazy. I would have thought the circumstances would have led me to more reading - I was wrong.

Same. I have over a dozen books in my backlog but I still haven't even tried picking one of them up. There's one sitting on my couch behind me right now. Mocking me.

I need to do more reading. I have many books, but I just...am so lazy. I would have thought the circumstances would have led me to more reading - I was wrong.

• I know the feeling

I need to do more reading. I have many books, but I just...am so lazy. I would have thought the circumstances would have led me to more reading - I was wrong.

• edited July 2020

It's Bugsnax! Full song released!

EDIT: Also, hey, welcome to the 4,500th page of the Whatever Thread!
    EDIT 2: That's weird. On mobile this comment shows up in page 4500. On PC it's on the previous page.

• edited July 2020

I've posted about an Animal Crossing-centric talk show here before, but I recently discovered that someone has made a stand-up comedy show using the game.

I'm constantly amazed with what cool, cute new projects people have come up with in this game.

• Somebody talkin' bout' Bugnsax in here?

AChicken posted: »

It's Bugsnax! Full song released! EDIT: Also, hey, welcome to the 4,500th page of the Whatever Thread! EDIT 2: That's weird. On mobile this comment shows up in page 4500. On PC it's on the previous page.

• The Game of Thrones series. It watches me sleep at night, knowing that I have abandoned it.

• edited July 2020

... A friend gave me money for drawing something for them. A bit more than I would even dared to have asked for.

I feel super uncomfortable about it lol.

• Congrats, your artwork has been commissioned!

... A friend gave me money for drawing something for them. A bit more than I would even dared to have asked for. I feel super uncomfortable about it lol.

• Now that Avatar: The Last Airbender is now up on Netflix, they just announced that it’s sequel series, The Legend of Korra, will become available on August 14th.

• edited July 2020

Awesome!!

Oh... Wait... This is for the US Netflix.
    Welp, I guess that's punishment for Canada having ATLA for like 2 years before the USA did.

Edit: Yup. I looked it up and I can only find record of this being only for American Netflix. That's rough.

Now that Avatar: The Last Airbender is now up on Netflix, they just announced that it’s sequel series, The Legend of Korra, will become available on August 14th.

• When your gun is OP on multiplayer

• That's rough buddy.

Awesome!! Oh... Wait... This is for the US Netflix. Welp, I guess that's punishment for Canada having ATLA for like 2 years before the

• After working the night shift at Amazon for the last several months, I just got the news that I'm being moved to the day shift as the Social Distancing Manager for my entire facility. Cannot be happier, I have never been a night person and this is great news. Plus, it's a huge opportunity to move up and be recognized.

• congrats man, good to hear! I've worked some night shifts and never liked them

Social Distancing Manager

So do you have to like go around the facility scolding people who aren't 6 feet apart? You gotta elaborate on that man, can't say I've heard of that before!

After working the night shift at Amazon for the last several months, I just got the news that I'm being moved to the day shift as the Social

• It was also my first paid commission too. I usually don't ask for money but I had a couple other friends convince them to pay me for the drawings and when I agreed on a price I was comfortable with, they surprise doubled it when they sent the money.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Congrats, your artwork has been commissioned!

• Yeah, night shifts, especially with Amazon, are awful. Especially with this current position, I was working pretty much 13-14 hour days for 4 days of the week. Going from 4:30pm to 6:30 in the morning has not been fun.

And yeah, Social Distancing Manager is pretty much what you described, at least 50% of the job, another 25% is telling people to put their masks back on. The rest of it is making sure we are in compliance with other safety and COVID related regulations and policies, both enacted by Amazon and the state of New Jersey, and overseeing building wide projects designed to ensure associate’s can maintain safe social distancing while mitigating the spread without interfering too much with their work. It’s a sort of branch of our Safety team, but not a direct report to them, I have pretty much free reign to do what I want to deliver on what’s expected of me. My only real direct report is to the GM of our site. The team was created back when the lockdowns pretty much started around March, but I took over about a month ago so that the previous manager, who had been in the role since March, could go back to her regular department. I’ve been doing that since late June, and now I’ll be doing the same thing for the day shift. My site has honestly been one of the most successful when it comes to this, we are held as a high standard. We are one of the biggest buildings in the entire network (over 1.5 million square feet) and with about 6,000 people between days and nights working there, and cites smaller than us in terms of both headcount and size have had almost double the amount of cases we’ve had. It’s doubly impressive considering we are in New Jersey, which was, behind New York, the state worst hit for COVID-19.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

congrats man, good to hear! I've worked some night shifts and never liked them Social Distancing Manager So do you have to lik

• This would make a perfect horror game

• edited July 2020

tfw you remember the Batman Section is still up on the forums and it still has its own sub community that comments no where else

• actually physically ascending at how good halo infinite looks. so glad that sony, nintendo AND microsoft are all killing it at the same time for once. i love video games man what the fuck

• Had to do a double take when I saw the headline. Sharkboy and Lavagirl will be making a return in Robert Rodriguez upcoming Netflix film, 'We Can Be Heroes.'

According to Rodriguez, “Sharkboy and Lava Girl show up as superhero parents who now have a daughter who has shark and lava powers.”

I can finally end my hunger strike! Move over MCU! The REAL heroes are back!

I never actually watched the movie, maybe a few snippets when it came on tv one time, but I had a pair of Sharkboy and Lavagirl 3D glasses that I got from a kids magazine back in the day. This is some pretty hilarious news, hopefully they manage to get Taylor Lautner and Taylor Dooley back as the characters, that'd be pretty neat.

• Well that's a neat and nostalgic surprise.

hopefully they manage to get Taylor Lautner and Taylor Dooley back as the characters, that'd be pretty neat.

It certainly would.

Also, I looked up the actors just now to get an idea of how much they'd changed and... I had a powerful revelation.
    I thought Lavagirl was played by the same girl who played Carmen, the sister in Spy Kids... That for some reason, Robert Rodriguez used the same actor across two of his movies because he enjoyed working with her. But no. They're totally different people. Carmen from Spy Kids is Alexa PenaVega, and Lavagirl is Taylor Dooley.
    Feels weird to know that what you knew (or thought you knew) since childhood was actually wrong this whole time.

Had to do a double take when I saw the headline. Sharkboy and Lavagirl will be making a return in Robert Rodriguez upcoming Netflix film, 'W

• So I stumbled upon this kinda randomly, a bunch of models from Telltale's Stranger Things that I dont believe have been spread around before. Lots of really big images in the spoiler tag.

Source: https://cherlinmao.com/pages/ttgproject

Also interesting is that they say Stranger Things was running on Unity. I could be completely wrong and and not remembering correctly, but wasnt it said Stranger Things was actually going to be the last Telltale Tool game? I dont think that was outright said but Im pretty sure they said Wolf 2 was going to be the first game with Unity so we all just assumed that meant Stranger Things was the last Telltale Tool game.

• Fuck dude it's such a shame that this game never released. It was like 2 months away from having the first episode go gold.

Also Stranger Things was always intended to be the first Unity game and release in 2019 before Wolf.

Poogers555 posted: »

So I stumbled upon this kinda randomly, a bunch of models from Telltale's Stranger Things that I dont believe have been spread around before

• Stranger Things was definitely supposed to be on Unity. The Final Season was meant to be the last game Telltale released on the Telltale Tool.

So I stumbled upon this kinda randomly, a bunch of models from Telltale's Stranger Things that I dont believe have been spread around before

• Like poetry

Stranger Things was definitely supposed to be on Unity. The Final Season was meant to be the last game Telltale released on the Telltale Tool.

• Goddammit my heart is breaking just looking at these pictures. They look so animated yet similar to their real-life counterparts.

And yes, I remember hearing that this game was supposed to run on Unity. There were concept images of the main menu floating around, and I'm sure some of the pictures included things like "splash screen for Telltale and Unity logos".

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Yoooo! Infinity Train Book 3 releasing on August 13th!

• Finally, 2020 yields some amazing news. Not only was Season 4 of The Dragon Prince confirmed, but so was Seasons 5, 6, and 7. Netflix has confirmed the entire saga of The Dragon Prince will be made, hell to the fucking yes!

• Not only was Season 4 of The Dragon Prince confirmed, but so was Seasons 5, 6, and 7.

Finally, 2020 yields some amazing news. Not only was Season 4 of The Dragon Prince confirmed, but so was Seasons 5, 6, and 7. Netflix has confirmed the entire saga of The Dragon Prince will be made, hell to the fucking yes!

• I've only had Hazel for two and a half minutes, but if anything were to happen to her I'd kill everyone in this room and then myself.

I wonder what horrifying nightmare inducing thing will happen this time on the 8th episode!

dojo32161 posted: »

Yoooo! Infinity Train Book 3 releasing on August 13th!

• Not only was Season 4 of The Dragon Prince confirmed, but so was Seasons 5, 6, and 7.

No freakin way!! That's one heck of a renewal! (And they're keeping Aaron Ehasz on as well?)

I wonder if that means all these seasons are going to be worked on back-to-back, or pretty close together. I'm pretty sure She-Ra had most of its seasons worked on in quick succession since I feel like I remember seeing new seasons pop up every 6-8 months or so.

Wow. I gotta get watching this series... Soon.

cough cough Though with my track record, "soon" could mean from 1 week to 1 month. Ehehe sorry. :sweat_smile:

Finally, 2020 yields some amazing news. Not only was Season 4 of The Dragon Prince confirmed, but so was Seasons 5, 6, and 7. Netflix has confirmed the entire saga of The Dragon Prince will be made, hell to the fucking yes!

• God this sucks that we are never gonna play this. The characters got such a back to the future the game vibe but even more stylized. Really breaks my heart.

• Stranger Things did seem like Telltale finally truly changing their formula up with everything we've seen of it. I still wonder what the story was going to be like seeing how it would focus on show characters taking place between 2 seasons, seems even more limiting than Telltale's GOT. But it also seemed like Netflix and the Duffer Bros were way more invested in approving the story than HBO was for GOT so I'd hope that would mean it would be pretty good. It is sad we wont see it seeing how episode 1 was pretty close to completion.

God this sucks that we are never gonna play this. The characters got such a back to the future the game vibe but even more stylized. Really breaks my heart.

• Tell me about it. Every so often I'll think back to the leaked vids and concept art and get all sad. It was clearly Telltale wanting break out from what they're usually known for, especially now knowing that when they were actually going to announce it, they wanted it to be a big surprise. Something to would make people go, "Wait, that's a Telltale game?!"

God this sucks that we are never gonna play this. The characters got such a back to the future the game vibe but even more stylized. Really breaks my heart.

• Yes, Aaron is staying on.

He and his co creator Justin Richmond have said that they had always envisioned the show as 7 seasons, and this was even before Season 3 was released. With the success of the first three seasons (ratings, reviews, couple of Emmy nominations, an upcoming graphic novel, an art book, and novelizations of each season through Scholastic), and, let’s face it, the renewed popularity of Avatar: The Last Airbender, I can see why Netflix has given them 4 more seasons.

As for production, tough to say. The first three seasons were all renewed individually, but the gaps varied (4 months between 1 and 2, 9 months between 2 and 3, and 8 months between Season 3 and today’s announcement, so more than likely over a year between 3 and 4, especially because of COVID). But I do imagine with this weight off their shoulders, the gaps between seasons will be more consistent and shorter once Season 4 comes out.

You know you’re a classic Telltale fan when “soon” has no set parameters that define how long it will truly be.

Not only was Season 4 of The Dragon Prince confirmed, but so was Seasons 5, 6, and 7. No freakin way!! That's one heck of a renewal!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.