Next-Gen Discussion Thread (PS5/Xbox Series X)

Comments

• Man I felt like I was the only one interested in 12 minutes- I hope they give it another trailer with a release date today.

AChicken posted: »

A reminder that the Xbox Games Showcase happens today at 9am PT / 12pm ET. I don't have a stake in Xbox, and my PC is not that great

• finished watching xbox conference, 6/10

• Okay, no info on 12 Minutes there, but they did just tweet out that it's still "coming soon"

Though whether that means within 2 months or 4 months or 6 months is still to be seen.

Poogers555 posted: »

Man I felt like I was the only one interested in 12 minutes- I hope they give it another trailer with a release date today.

• edited August 2020

PS5 slate check-in on Thursday. No big new announcements unfortunately.

• Resident Evil 8 gameplay.

Resident Evil 8 gameplay

• I'll be picking up the Xbox Series X as I'm heavily invested in the Xbox ecosystem, I've bought way too many games to jump ship now :joy:

Microsoft are keen to port games over to the Xbox Series X, for me I hope my Telltale game Collection makes that transition, unfortunately Minecraft: Story Mode, Game of Thrones, Back To The Future, Guardians of The Galaxy and perhaps Sam & Max won't be making that leap.

Microsoft are also permitting Xbox One peripherals like the Xbox One controller to work with next gen, while sadly Sony isn't really doing that.

Despite recent controversy, I'm still looking forward to Halo: Infinite, I think people are freaking out way too much over the footage, sure, it is still rough around the edges, assets pop in, facial animations need to be worked on for The Banished, but the general aesthetic they are going for in the presentation is reminiscent of Halo: Combat Evolved, which they've wanted to call back to with Infinite, the game still does look pretty and the environment traversal with the grappling hook looks pretty cool.

Talking about graphics in next gen, I don't think there'll be this big leap everyone expects, both Sony, Microsoft, their studios and third party studios have pushed graphical fidelity in games to extraordinary heights, I think it has reached a point where it can be put on hold and allow for the more pressing issues like loading times and performance, which is what the PS5 and Xbox Series X are looking to eliminate. Games look great already, we don't need to continue pursuing higher resolutions, let's play catch up with the other mechanics within a game that were left behind in the pursuit for high resolution graphics.

Both consoles are touting high resolutions, which is awesome, but I think there are way too many people expecting some big dramatic shift in graphics because that was the way up until this upcoming generation, like with Halo: Infinite, a lot of people say it doesn't look like a next generation game, but in a statement like that holds the expectation that every generation should have an astronomical leap in graphical fidelity, but let's see what Halo: Infinite does in other departments when the time comes, it may look rough now, but keep in mind, what we saw wasn't captured with Series X specs, apparently it was captured on a debugging PC with the footage shown being a 4 month old build.

Regardless, there is still several months left until the Series X launch, the game will look far better when it's a finished product.

Anyways this has been quite a lot of rambling, but I hope the PS5 and Xbox Series X perform well and give players in both ecosystems a good time

• Probably picking up the Xbox Series X first too when it comes out. With microsofts recent inclusion of compatibility from the google assistant for current xbox consoles it makes getting up and playing it much easier. I say "start the saucer" my tv turns on, the console turns on, and the newest Destroy all humans game starts up. Like, it doesn't seem like that much, but I get all giddy thinking about how easy it is to control my console now. Hopefully playstation doesn't fall too far behind on that integration in a more seamless sense.

If mircrosoft started to strongly advertise on assistant integration for the next coming consoles, and sony didn't follow suit, it could hurt their sales. Since a portion of current gamers would prefer the easy way to get right into the action, and not have to babysit their consoles to do so. And as technology advances, this niche of players will become bigger and bigger over time. Making this a minor future-proofed way to advertise their console and to gain another step on the competition.

With how 2020 is currently going the launch of these consoles is going to be wack.

I'll be picking up the Xbox Series X as I'm heavily invested in the Xbox ecosystem, I've bought way too many games to jump ship now Micr

• Sounds kind of lame. I mean, there are no more first party PS4 exclusives coming out. The whole roadmap ended with Ghost of Tsushima.

PS5 slate check-in on Thursday. No big new announcements unfortunately. https://twitter.com/playstation/status/1290271360862662656

• Sam & Max was acquired by SnunkApe Games, a company run by Dan Connors. It's probably not going anywhere.

I'll be picking up the Xbox Series X as I'm heavily invested in the Xbox ecosystem, I've bought way too many games to jump ship now Micr

• This is pretty much my reason for getting the Series X. I have been on Xbox for a long time, everything is already there, I'm comfortable with it. Can't say the same with PlayStation. I don't care too much about graphics or speed

• Oh my God that makes me so happy to hear! Thanks mate!

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Sam & Max was acquired by SnunkApe Games, a company run by Dan Connors. It's probably not going anywhere.

• Nice I sincerely hope you enjoy it when it releases. Personally I don't think the inclusion of digital assistants like Alexa or Google is a major cog in the machine, maybe because I don't use it, but I applaud those features for the convenience they bring. Perhaps they'll take off this generation?

So far Microsoft are just pushing for what they didn't really push for the Xbox One: games, games, games. The Xbox One was promoted as an all-in-one entertainment console, which is fine now because of where consoles have shifted, but the playerbase itself wanted games, and because Sony really pushed the gaming aspect in their marketing, they took off. Of course there's other bumps in the road that caused Microsoft to fall behind, but it was the lack of focus on games that really hindered them.

Although I have no use for digital assistants right now, I hope it takes off, this upcoming generation has really been pushing convenience for console users, a digital assistant would be very convenient

Probably picking up the Xbox Series X first too when it comes out. With microsofts recent inclusion of compatibility from the google assista

• Sony has stated in a peripherals blog post that the PlayStation 5 will NOT support Dualshock 4, Sony believes that "PS5 games should take advantage of the new capabilities and features they're bringing to the platform, including the features of DualSense"

Link to the blog post: https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/03/playstation-5-answering-your-questions-on-compatible-ps4-peripherals-accessories/

This is pretty much my reason for getting the Series X. I have been on Xbox for a long time, everything is already there, I'm comfortable with it. Can't say the same with PlayStation. I don't care too much about graphics or speed

• I'm excited to see what comes from it, there may not be PS5 news, but we could get information on the big sporting games like Madden 21, it's due to release later this month.

I think this State of Play comes as a way of keeping PlayStation in the conversation, Phil Spencer teased an event this month for Xbox, with rumours circulating over Project Lockhart being revealed in the coming weeks, this State of Play may not drown out the hype or make the headlines over Project Lockharts reveal, but it still keeps PlayStation in the conversation, although it probably isn't the case.

PS5 slate check-in on Thursday. No big new announcements unfortunately. https://twitter.com/playstation/status/1290271360862662656

• edited August 2020

This State of Play will probably be pretty good overall anyway. It simply just said no new PS5 announcements, not no PS5 announcements. So it looks like we will get some news on third party games on PS4 yet to release like Crash 4 and see gameplay of already announced PS5 games. I would say its a very safe bet we will see Spider-Man: Miles Morales gameplay and Resident Evil 8 gameplay (possibly announced alongside VR support) at the event and even a few more PS5 games that were announced last State of Play in action this time. Just because there isnt anything "new" doesnt mean there is anything cool to look forward to. And besides its already very likely theres going to be another State of Play at the end of August to reveal the rest Sony's big PS5 games like God of War 2 and Last of Us factions.

I'm excited to see what comes from it, there may not be PS5 news, but we could get information on the big sporting games like Madden 21, it'

• I am hoping for a Demon's Souls Remake gameplay.

• edited August 2020

This State of Play will probably be pretty good overall anyway. It simply just said no new PS5 announcements, not no PS5 announcements.

True, I was thinking that after I typed my comment, it just escaped my mind :joy: But surely anything PS5 related would be considered fairly big by players?

I would say its a very safe bet we will see Spider-Man: Miles Morales gameplay and Resident Evil 8 gameplay (possibly announced alongside VR support) at the event and even a few more PS5 games that were announced last State of Play in action this time.

Gameplay for Spider-Man: Miles Morales would be pretty big, as well as Resident Evil 8 Gameplay, they may not be classed as announcements, but they'd be significant takeaways from the State of Play that they've been kind of downplaying in stating it's heavily focusing on PS4 content. Crash 4 will probably be shown off as it releases in October, and some influencers already got to try it out recently, so it's likely to be shown.

I'm expecting them to talk more about Marvel's Avengers and maybe touch on Spider-Man coming into the fray exclusively on the PlayStation port, especially since it is releasing next month with Spider-Man being added in 2021.

There may be a later State of Play either at the end of this month or September that may give a first look at gameplay for PS5 games, but I can't see anything for this event being related to PS5 unless they mention upcoming EA Sports titles or other games making the leap to PS5.

I can see the next State of Play being a much bigger deal as they'll want to showcase what's to come for PS5 close to launch, at the moment we are close to launch, but showing off something much closer to launch will generate a lot more anticipation for the console and the launch games. I just feel if Sony were going to drop PS5 information they'd have it be its own thing with no focus on the PS4, I think they'd want to give the PS5 all the room on stage in its own dedicated State of Play.

Just because there isnt anything "new" doesnt mean there is anything cool to look forward to.

I agree, I wasn't disappointed at all by this, can't say the same for YouTube though, this State of Play is being perceived as Sony stumbling by not having PS5 be the absolute focus, which I think is silly, but I do think there'll be some cool things to take away from it, and whatever does come out of it, I hope it leaves the PlayStation crowd excited :smile:

Poogers555 posted: »

This State of Play will probably be pretty good overall anyway. It simply just said no new PS5 announcements, not no PS5 announcements. So i

• @dylanwoods777

Project Lockharts

What's that? Never heard of that new-fangled project.

Crash 4 will probably be shown off as it releases in October, and some influencers already got to try it out recently, so it's likely to be shown.

Ah, good to know.

I'm expecting them to talk more about Marvel's Avengers and maybe touch on Spider-Man coming into the fray exclusively

I'm still not buying the whole "exclusive Spider-Man" leaks. Seems too good to be true to have such a large Marvel character locked off to a platform in a third-party game. But I guess we'll see about that.

I just feel if Sony were going to drop PS5 information they'd have it be its own thing with no focus on the PS4

I'd say that's the right kind of thinking for the unveilment of any more big info on the PS5. Show off a handful of new Next-gen titles, end it with a price and/or console release date.

this State of Play is being perceived as Sony stumbling by not having PS5 be the absolute focus, which I think is silly, but I do think there'll be some cool things to take away from it

Yep. I'm all for new info on whatever Sony's got cooking, be it the 4 or 5. And I'm sure there'll be another State of Play Showcase in a month at least.
    I'm pretty sure the Last of Us 2 SOP happened just about a month after the Tsushima one.

@Poogers555

This State of Play will probably be pretty good overall anyway. It simply just said no new PS5 announcements, not no PS5 announcements.
    I would say its a very safe bet we will see Spider-Man: Miles Morales gameplay and Resident Evil 8 gameplay

I'm definitely hoping for and expecting gameplay for at least one of the two, hopefully both.

rest Sony's big PS5 games like God of War 2 and Last of Us factions.

Oh cool, someone else remembered that thing too!

• Yeah so there'll most likely be a PlayStation 5 event later this month according to GameSpot, they spoke about a Bloomberg report stating it, this is what they said:

In a Bloomberg report focused on Sony's recent financial results, the company does state that it has plans for another event in August that will be all about the PS5. No other details about the event were shared, other than wording that suggests plans could still change as the months progress.
    "An official at the Sony PlayStation unit, who asked not to be identified because the plan is not yet public, said Sony's next announcement regarding the PlayStation 5 is tentatively scheduled for this month,"

Link to GameSpot report: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sonys-next-ps5-announcement-set-for-august-report/1100-6480518/

I think it's likely, Sony would want to be part of the conversation as much as they can leading up to PlayStation 5's launch, with Microsoft supposedly planning a Project Lockhart reveal this month, a PlayStation 5 oriented State of Play packed with gameplay, a release date and pricing would definitely take away some, if not all of the limelight on the supposed Lockhart reveal.

• edited August 2020

I'm still not buying the whole "exclusive Spider-Man" leaks. Seems too good to be true to have such a large Marvel character locked off to a platform in a third-party game.

It's been confirmed by Playstation that he'll be an exclusive character, which I would be a bit more fine with if it was the PS4 game version since that makes more sense, but they specifically mentioned that it's Crystal Dynamic's take on the character which only confuses me on why this is a thing.

@dylanwoods777 Project Lockharts What's that? Never heard of that new-fangled project. Crash 4 will probably be shown of

• edited August 2020

Project Lockhart is a lower-end console that'll be more affordable for those who can't buy the Xbox Series X, rumours are it'll be digital, but I am unsure as Microsoft discontinued the Xbox One X and kept the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition going, so it just may be a lower-end, more economically friendly console in comparison to the Xbox Series X.

I'm still not buying the whole "exclusive Spider-Man" leaks. Seems too good to be true to have such a large Marvel character locked off to a platform in a third-party game. But I guess we'll see about that.

Sadly it's happening, Jeff Adams, an Associate Art Director at Crystal Dynamics even made a blog post about it yesterday, here's the link if you want to read it: https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/03/a-friendly-neighborhood-spider-man-lends-a-helping-hand-to-earths-mightiest-heroes-in-2021/

The leaks probably pushed them to announce it now, it may have been intended to be announced in the upcoming State of Play. Maybe more will be said about it in the stream? I hope for concept art, but I don't know if they'll do that.

Personally I am saddened by the exclusivity with Spider-Man, if the game goes cross-platform, Xbox users won't be able to use him, so it does suck to be an Xbox user wanting to play with the Avengers and use one of the most easily recognisable, beloved superheroes out there.

On a different note it'll be interesting to see how Spider-Man works in the game, players will be expecting him to play as smooth as he does in Marvel's Spider-Man, with the webslinging and all, it may take them a bit to nail down a smooth feel for him but I'm confident they will, they've put a lot of care into making each hero feel how they should

@dylanwoods777 Project Lockharts What's that? Never heard of that new-fangled project. Crash 4 will probably be shown of

• It's confusing, they don't really have exclusive rights over Spider-Man in general, (at least, I don't think so?) he's in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 as a playable character, it only released last year, but it just appears they really want to drive home the idea that the PlayStation ecosystem is the best place to experience Marvel's Avengers by making Spider-Man exclusive.

There are murmurs of the game being cross-platform in the future, Crystal Dynamics have ruled it out for now, but not entirely, so it may be a thing in the future, but I wonder what it may mean for Spider-Man if cross-platform does become a thing with this game, will Xbox players just be teased by playing with a PlayStation user playing as Spider-Man, or is the exclusivity simply a timed exclusive?

Despite the exclusivity and the controversy surrounding it, this is actually such a great move to include Spider-Man, having him come in with the Avenger's and giving the fans yet another beloved hero to play as, for the PlayStation side, it's such a massive win.

lupinb0y posted: »

I'm still not buying the whole "exclusive Spider-Man" leaks. Seems too good to be true to have such a large Marvel character locked off to a

• edited August 2020

It's confusing, they don't really have exclusive rights over Spider-Man in general, (at least, I don't think so?)

I'm pretty sure Sony owns Spider-Man in his entirety outside of comics (and maybe television) so it's up to them to decide what happens with the character. I assume it's because of the success of Spider-Man PS4 that he'll be an exclusive character for the Playstation version of the game.

I believe that Sony has an ongoing deal with Marvel Entertainment to allow him to be used in certain games like Ultimate Alliance, Marvel vs Capcom and the mobile games, but standalone Spider-Man games are totally in Sony's control, and now this DLC.

It's confusing, they don't really have exclusive rights over Spider-Man in general, (at least, I don't think so?) he's in Marvel Ultimate Al

• Ah I see, I genuinely didn't know much about it, when I saw Spider-Man in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, I thought that it only gave them the ability to have an exclusive IP based on Spider-Man, I wasn't aware they covered the entirety of the superhero.

The success of the PS4 game most certainly played into him being made exclusive to Avengers, they'd want those who came into the community for Spider-Man to stay for more Spider-Man, the inclusion of Spider-Man in this game and the Miles Morales will keep people invested in the PlayStation brand

It's confusing, they don't really have exclusive rights over Spider-Man in general, (at least, I don't think so?) I'm pretty sure So

• Okay, I looked it up and it seems that Sony owns the movie rights of the character and Marvel owns the rest (comics, television, games, etc), which is why you have all these other games with him. Marvel were the ones who approached Sony about making a Marvel game for the PS4 (which turned into Spider-Man) and it seems that due to the success of the game and their good relationship with one another it was decided that Spider-Man would be an exclusive character the Avengers game.

Ah I see, I genuinely didn't know much about it, when I saw Spider-Man in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, I thought that it only gave them the a

• Thanks for the information, it's greatly appreciated, as I said before I wasn't too familiar with it, but it's good to know, hopefully, in this case, Spider-Man is a timed exclusive for Marvel's Avengers, I can't say for certain that I'll buy the game, but I'm thinking about the other Xbox players who see this exclusivity deal and be disappointed in it, so my fingers are crossed that it's a temporary exclusive

Okay, I looked it up and it seems that Sony owns the movie rights of the character and Marvel owns the rest (comics, television, games, etc)

• edited August 2020

Okay, so judging from their blog post, we will not be seeing gameplay from Spider-Man: Miles Morales or any other kind of content reveals from Playstation Studios.

The episode will clock in at around 40 MINUTES. So if there's something third-party related anyone's looking forward to, then that should be fun.

(I just realised that there's still no news on when The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe is supposed to release -- it was "sometime before/during Summer 2020" last they said. I've got a feeling there'll be a final announcement on that today.)

The episode is weighing in at 40+ minutes(!). We’ve got a great lineup in store featuring plenty of new gameplay footage and other game updates. Can’t wait to hear what you think!

And just to be super clear — there will be no PlayStation Studios updates in Thursday’s episode. There won’t be any updates around hardware, business, preorders, or dates either. On Thursday, our focus is squarely on showcasing some cool upcoming games coming to the broader PlayStation ecosystem. Should be fun!

• The stream link

• I am currently watching IGN's stream for it, nothing has happened, but I saw someone in Live Chat talk about Rust and it's PS4 port, so maybe we could see a date for it?

I was thinking maybe they'd touch on Fall Guys in this State of Play, although its player count has been substantial, bringing it up could draw in more people who may not have been aware of its release. I'm hoping they show something for Crash 4, with its release in October and all.

Finally, I think they'll bring up Crystal Dynamic's Avengers game, it's beta is opening tomorrow exclusively for PlayStation, I think it makes sense for them to mention it.

In regards to the Marvel's Avengers Beta, if you want to read more about the Beta times, feel free to check out this link: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/marvels-avengers-beta-times-access-7039

Okay, so judging from their blog post, we will not be seeing gameplay from Spider-Man: Miles Morales or any other kind of content reveals fr

• Watching this State of Play on IGN'S stream, and some of the angry comments are just comedy gold :joy:

"How can Sony even call this a great lineup of gameplay footage, literally the most irrelevant games ever, especially that anime BOTW game"

"THIS SHOW WILL BE THE WORST SHOW EVEN"

"worst state of play ever"

Usually it's shite like this that irritates me, but it's just so silly, there's more humour to take away from it :joy: Some "fans" they are :joy:

• Also I was wrong about PS5 games not being shown at this State of Play, I should've realised that in their announcement tweet they said they were checking in with devs showcasing games from the PlayStation 5 reveal stream :joy: silly me

• Well, that was lame.

• Far from it mate, they did make it clear it wasn't going to be this big extravagant event, but from what they've shown, from Godfall (which I'm very jealous that it is not coming to Xbox Series X), Hitman in VR, Genshin Impact which has a nice graphical artstyle to it, Crash Bandicoot 4, they didn't set out to blow everyone away with this man, but what they did show was interesting and far from lame.

Stay tuned for later this month, there's likely going to be a PS5 oriented State of Play

AronDracula posted: »

Well, that was lame.

• Only just got around to watching the stream, so here's my chronological thoughts on whatever pops up.

• Crash 4 looks neat. I've got no stake in the series, but I've heard too many good things about it. The mirror mode/render shift extra setting in the game looks really cool. I might want to ckeck it out then.
    • HOLY SHIT Hitman VR?!! This is almost irrelevant to me since I don't own a VR device, but damn is that a cool extra mode. Also having it be available to every level from the trilogy within H3 is amazing news. I'm glad for VR owners I guess.
    • I'm digging the super fluid movement in that Pathless game. And boy do those monster battles look awesome.
    • Aeon Must Die! has piqued my interest.
    • Bugsnax looks so goofy and absurd but I'm so interested in it lol :yum:
    • AAAAAAALAN WAKE DLC FOR CONTROL AUGUST 27 YESSSS!! (ALAN HAS A BEARD OMG)
    • The Pedestrian looks like a cute little puzzle platformer.
    • Ending it with a 10-minute presentation on Godfall was not to my liking though. But I guess there's fans of it out there somewhere?

I liked it. Good little peek into some new upcoming titles.
    Here's hoping the PS5 End-of-August SOP rumors are true. I want some of that Miles Morales gameplay and details on RE8!

• edited August 2020

Apparently there's some incredibly shady stuff going on with Aeon Must Die. It seems all of the devs along with the found of the company, Limestone Games, quit this week due to "endless crunch, harassment, abuse, corruption, and manipulation" along with a number of devs not being paid for their work. The IP was also underhandedly stolen by the games publisher, Focus Home (though I'm not too clear about this). There's also a recording of the CEO refusing their resignation.

If anyone's interested in the full story here's a link. The tweet also has a link to a Dropbox filled with information compiled by the team members about the situation.

The trailer for the game was also apparently outsourced to other artists without any contracts.

Yeah it's probably best if you don't support this game.

• Overall, I'm generally liking what I see of the game and I am interested in it. However, some of the environments and gameplay do feel like they were ripped from 2018's God of War.

Also, for a game that's being marketed as a "looter-slasher," and is being published by Gearbox, known for the "looter-shooter" Borderlands series, I'm not seeing any of this loot. That's kind of what I want to see and hear more about. They touch on it here when discussing the weapon classes, only to shrug it off and promise to show it at a later date. If this is what you keep hyping this game up to be and focusing mainly on it, don't you think you should show that off more? The fact they aren't is making me a little skeptical about it.

• I'm actually very envious that Godfall is only coming to PS5 and PC, I'm an Xbox user.
    I think it's fairly clever of them to brand it as such and not give the specifics just yet, it leaves you anticipating just how it's going to pan out for Godfall, but how the game operates and how it takes advantage of the PS5 specs is clearly what they wanted to show off.

Even though I won't be able to buy it I'll still take a look to see more of the game, based on what they've shown so far, it makes me genuinely sad it won't be ported to Xbox

Overall, I'm generally liking what I see of the game and I am interested in it. However, some of the environments and gameplay do feel like

• It's a very shit situation, and honestly I don't know if boycotting is the best idea, sure, those responsible for the crunch and unpaid overtime of the Dev Team are the ones that'll earn the money, but at the same time, the Team still would have worked very hard to make the game, they'd want to see it do well, overall it's just pure shite, I feel horrible for the Dev Team being treated like dogs.

I want to point out I'm not condoning or justifying the very obvious wrongs from upper management, it's just not on, it's disgusting, but looking at it from the developers point of view, despite all of the wrongdoings done to them, they still worked hard on the game and would want it to be supported.

Apparently there's some incredibly shady stuff going on with Aeon Must Die. It seems all of the devs along with the found of the company, Li

• Sorry to spam this discussion again, but Apple has blocked Project xCloud (which releases on September 15th as part of Game Pass Ultimate) from the platform, due to not being able to review every game coming to the service, I feel for the iOS users on this one.

Apple's statement to Business Insider reads:

"The App Store was created to be a safe and trusted place for customers to discover and download apps, and a great business opportunity for all developers," an Apple spokesperson told Business Insider. "Before they go on our store, all apps are reviewed against the same set of guidelines that are intended to protect customers and provide a fair and level playing field to developers."
    "Our customers enjoy great apps and games from millions of developers, and gaming services can absolutely launch on the App Store as long as they follow the same set of guidelines applicable to all developers, including submitting games individually for review, and appearing in charts and search," Apple said in a statement to Business Insider. "In addition to the App Store, developers can choose to reach all iPhone and iPad users over the web through Safari and other browsers on the App Store."

Google Stadia has run into similar issues with Apple because of the Apple Store Guidelines.

The Verge reported that Microsoft responded to this in saying:

Our testing period for the Project xCloud preview app for iOS has expired. Unfortunately, we do not have a path to bring our vision of cloud gaming with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to gamers on iOS via the Apple App Store. Apple stands alone as the only general purpose platform to deny consumers from cloud gaming and game subscription services like Xbox Game Pass. And it consistently treats gaming apps differently, applying more lenient rules to non-gaming apps even when they include interactive content. All games available in the Xbox Game Pass catalog are rated for content by independent industry ratings bodies such as the ESRB and regional equivalents. We are committed to finding a path to bring cloud gaming with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to the iOS platform. We believe that the customer should be at the heart of the gaming experience and gamers tell us they want to play, connect and share anywhere, no matter where they are. We agree.

Here are the links to the various sources if anyone fancies a read:

https://www.businessinsider.com/apple-explains-why-xbox-game-pass-is-not-on-iphone-2020-8?r=US&IR=T

https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/6/21358074/microsoft-xcloud-cloud-gaming-condems-apple-app-store-rules-iphone-ios

Sign in to comment in this discussion.