The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I just saw this, but Project xCloud, Microsoft's game streaming service will launch as part of Game Pass Ultimate, exclusively on Android Devices on September 15th. According to The Verge:

Microsoft will launch its game streaming service, known as Project xCloud, on September 15th exclusively on Android devices. Project xCloud will be bundled as part of the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription, priced at $14.99 per month, with a promise of more than 100 games available on Android tablets and phones. Game streaming will be limited initially to Android; iPhone and iPad users will have to wait.
    “It’s our ambition to scale cloud gaming through Xbox Game Pass available on all devices, but we have nothing further to share at this time regarding iOS,” says a Microsoft spokesperson in a statement to The Verge. The lack of iOS support at launch will be disappointing to iPhone and iPad owners but not exactly surprising. While Microsoft has been testing xCloud on iOS, the company previously revealed its testing was limited due to Apple’s App Store policies.
    Microsoft hasn’t revealed which Apple policies are preventing xCloud from launching on iOS, but Google’s Stadia service is also not available on iPhones or iPads. Valve’s Steam Link app took nearly a year for Apple to approve even though it primarily streams games from your home PC. Apple has also faced questions over its 30 percent cut of in-app purchases and strict App Store policies from the House Judiciary Committee recently as part of a tech antitrust hearing.

Microsoft is now pushing ahead with its xCloud launch on September 15th regardless, although it appears the company is referring to it as the “cloud gaming” feature of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. It’s launching in 22 countries next month, including Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

DualShock 4 controllers will be compatible, with over 100 games expected to be available by launch, so far 36 games were announced, with the majority being Xbox exclusives like Ori, Halo, Ryse, and DontNod's upcoming game Tell Me Why being compatible.

Link to The Verge article: https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/4/21353814/microsoft-xcloud-date-launch-android-xbox-game-pass-ultimate

P.S. this would've been better suited to the next gen discussion, but I've posted too many comments in that discussion, so if anyone wants to carry it over or anything, feel free to

• Me during a match in COD

• Cool, it will be easier to play minecraft on my phone. Rip people on mobile version :(

I just saw this, but Project xCloud, Microsoft's game streaming service will launch as part of Game Pass Ultimate, exclusively on Android De

• I think they'll integrate the mobile version with xCloud somehow, I'm not too knowledgeable on the technical side of this, but I'd say it's safe to assume they'll have something for mobile players of Minecraft when xCloud drops, or if not at launch, maybe before the end of the year

Cool, it will be easier to play minecraft on my phone. Rip people on mobile version

• Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout, an online free-for-all that bears a lot of resemblance to Gang Beasts, released yesterday on PlayStation 4 and Steam.

For PlayStation 4 users, the game is free with PlayStation Plus, while on Steam it is approximately €19.99, I'll share some gameplay for it, and include a link to the Steam version in case anyone wants to view what it's like and may wish to buy it. I'd share the PS4 link, but the page is down right now unfortunately.

Gameplay:

Link to Steam version: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1097150/Fall_Guys_Ultimate_Knockout/

• edited August 2020

Cannot wait to get back from the cottage and try this out (if they get their servers fixed up by then). Been hyped for its release since last year.

(Also hyped its a free PS+ game. Meaning I don't have to "pay for it". And double hyped that because it's a multiplayer-centric game, I'll only need to be subscribed to Sony's multiplayer service to access it. -- this is a real boon to other PS+ titles of old like Dead By Daylight or Friday the 13th: The Game, since those games are practically useless without the subscription, just one big bonus to get them for free simply by having access to its main draw)

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout, an online free-for-all that bears a lot of resemblance to Gang Beasts, released yesterday on PlayStation 4 and

• Night School Studio has been working on and will soon release their next (small) game: Next Stop Nowhere.

Unfortunately, it's an exclusive to Apple Arcade.

• Eyyy, pre-loading for Horizon Zero Dawn for PC is now available.

• I heard it had a lot of issues on Day One, presumably because of the server traffic, this game was hotly anticipated after all, and besides that, it's the first game in a while to be a new release as part of PS+.

The game got review bombed to hell because of the server issues, which I felt was pretty childish of those people, anyway Mediatonic saw the matchmaking and server issues and scheduled a two-hour downtime on Day One and resolving the problems players had, so when you do get back, you should have minimal issues with it.

AChicken posted: »

Cannot wait to get back from the cottage and try this out (if they get their servers fixed up by then). Been hyped for its release since las

• edited August 2020

Gonna be doing an assignment for university that involves how social media affects mental health that may or may not be published online. I also have a couple potential interviews in store. I'll be looking into some stuff like body image issues, depression, envy and influencers. Anyone have any other ideas that I could look into or any important questions that I should ask during the interview?

• The community guy for Fall Guys handled the situation really badly. There wasn't even a review-bomb for it (the irony is that there was a "positive review bomb"). Most of the negative Steam reviews didn't have the servers as the main focus of their argument. And even the few that did (the "bad" reviews) they're justified in making those reviews, because they paid money for this game and it serves as a warning with how the game's condition is. Hopefully they delete their reviews after, but with how Steam works, if the game is good, then the review score will eventually show that.

I heard it had a lot of issues on Day One, presumably because of the server traffic, this game was hotly anticipated after all, and besides

• My suggestion: Try asking both ways. Does social media contribute to heightened problems? Or does it lead to more support to help with those problems? A little of both?

lupinb0y posted: »

Gonna be doing an assignment for university that involves how social media affects mental health that may or may not be published online. I

• In reviewing a game, you review the game itself, not your own experience with it, you can mention that you encountered server issues at the time you played, because at the time of the review, those issues were apparent, but when the server maintenance is done, then the review complaining of server issues is outdated, it no longer applies.

The game is garnering positive reviews now because when the developers ironed out the issues on Day One, there was a period of uninterrupted matchmaking, beforehand, matchmaking was much harder, then, review bombs started to happen, when the servers were fixed, then the game got positive review bombs, but before that, it was negatively review bombed.

How did the Community guy for Fall Guys handle it poorly? From what I've seen, he was reassuring people with consistent tweets, keeping people in the loop and letting them know they're still working on ironing out the problems. If they stayed silent, they'd be criticised for their lack of communication, but I guess there's just no winning with some.

And how exactly are the reviews highlighting the server issues for a hotly anticipated game on its day of release justified? They may have paid money, but in taking that very conscious step in buying a game they know is hyped up, they are aware that the outpouring interest from others who are keen to get in the game could cause server issues, which they did, to me, it is just an insanely childish and petty act, a bit of patience does no harm, perhaps if those players were more understanding...

Ghetsis posted: »

The community guy for Fall Guys handled the situation really badly. There wasn't even a review-bomb for it (the irony is that there was a "p

• It's not a big deal. I wouldn't do it, but it's understandable. Game doesn't work = gets criticised to let people know (as is the case with most big games, rocket league was like that too I remember). Again, I remember looking at the reviews and most of the negative ones didn't have servers as the focus of their review (so the tweet was wrong) and again, it wasn't a "review-bomb" (that's where the tweet was wrong). The nature of Steam is that by the time the issues are fixed, the game will eventually have a good review score if it is indeed good. So no need to worry (that goes double when that wasn't even in the case with the reviews that I saw).

In reviewing a game, you review the game itself, not your own experience with it, you can mention that you encountered server issues at the

• I'm sold. This game looks better and better with every announcement. Looking like the best Crash game ever made.

• https://www.shacknews.com/article/119593/fall-guys-got-review-bombed-then-positive-review-bombed-during-server-downtime#:~:text=Positive review bombs are now,the game's overall Steam rating.&text=The outpouring of interest in,issues with their overloaded servers.

I checked the reviews earlier, and to be fair, there were reviews talking about how they felt it became repetitive after a few sessions, the game simply wasn't for them, but there are a sizeable amount of reviews on the servers and the issues with them. I'm not saying all negative reviews are due to server issues, but there is a lot of reviews stating the server issues, there are certainly a fair amount of reviews that spoke on gameplay and their personal gripes with it

The game was definitely review bombed man, it went from a Positive to a Mixed reception on Steam because of the matchmaking issues caused by the server traffic, then the positive review bombs occurred, but yeah man, there was definitely a review bomb of negative reviews, they've no reason to lie or misinform through their Twitter handle, no real benefit to it other than to comment on what they saw on their end.

Right now the game has a Very Positive rating on Steam, in all honesty, a lot of that might be because of the positive review bombing, but with the efforts taken to keep servers up proving successful, I'd wager there is a great amount of genuine positive reviews praising the game for its content

It's not a big deal. I wouldn't do it, but it's understandable. Game doesn't work = gets criticised to let people know (as is the case with

• I mean do you guys think it's a good game? Maybe we can get a TT forums fall guys tournament going lmao

https://www.shacknews.com/article/119593/fall-guys-got-review-bombed-then-positive-review-bombed-during-server-downtime#:~:text=Positive rev

• I need to get around to playing it, I got my brother to download it, so I may give it a try tomorrow, but from the gameplay I've seen, it does look a lot of fun. And that's not a bad shout, a Fall Guys tournament could be pretty entertaining :joy:

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

I mean do you guys think it's a good game? Maybe we can get a TT forums fall guys tournament going lmao

• edited August 2020

Good idea! Definitely something I should look into. Thanks!

WarpSpeed posted: »

My suggestion: Try asking both ways. Does social media contribute to heightened problems? Or does it lead to more support to help with those problems? A little of both?

• edited August 2020

Bugsnax is totally gonna end up being some sort of pseudo horror game isn't it?

• Yo, I really, really, really hope that Crash is added to Smash Ultimate. Crash is on the rise.

I'm sold. This game looks better and better with every announcement. Looking like the best Crash game ever made.

• Open Fall Guys for the first time.

Click 'Play'.

{servers offline}

I check their twitter account.

"We're coming up on a busy weekend so we have to shut down our servers tonight."
    Tweet posted: 1 minute ago.

• It's not a review-bomb though. There are games that have been legitimately review-bombed, such as The Last Of Us: Part II.

https://www.shacknews.com/article/119593/fall-guys-got-review-bombed-then-positive-review-bombed-during-server-downtime#:~:text=Positive rev

• This looks really bad? This was supposed to be the GOTG. I've played educational games as a kid that were more interesting and entertaining than this.

• Booting up Bugsnax and greeted with this as the main menu music

• But it was mate, the developers would have been keeping an eye on reviews especially since it was the day of release, why exactly would they lie about a review bombing?

The Last of Us: Part II was far from a legitimate review bomb, there was a large sect of people that abused the Metacritic user review system to post negative reviews in protest of the content within the game, I'm not denying that there are some legitimate player reviews that state they don't like the game, but it also suffered from a review bombing, I don't feel that is a great example to give, especially when it was higher profile and the group of individuals totally against the game and decided to act in a totally toxic manner went out of their way to completely damage the game's sales and reception by spoiling its content on every form of social media and review platforms

It's not a review-bomb though. There are games that have been legitimately review-bombed, such as The Last Of Us: Part II.

• edited August 2020

Rocksteady Games has confirmed that their next project will be a Suicide Squad Game.

The Suicide Squad game will be announced on 22nd August, during the DC Fandom event.

Rumour has it that it'll be a Games as a Service title with online co-op, according to Nibel

• It seems that a lot of folks are disappointed by this. I think it's really stupid for them to get instantly upset just because Suicide Squad got a terrible movie adaptation.

Rocksteady Games has confirmed that their next project will be a Suicide Squad Game. https://twitter.com/RocksteadyGames/status/129172079

• It's a joke honestly, they see a headlining title mentioning an IP that had a film made on it that wasn't received well and the toys are thrown out of the pram instantly. That's just the internet being the internet :cry:

You'll probably not like reading this, but I did not mind the Suicide Squad film, it's not one of my favourite films, but when I watched it, I enjoyed it :smile:

AronDracula posted: »

It seems that a lot of folks are disappointed by this. I think it's really stupid for them to get instantly upset just because Suicide Squad got a terrible movie adaptation.

• edited August 2020

I don't mind it either. I just don't know what to think of it, considering that I haven't seen it ever since the theaters. I had an open mind and had some fun with it. I have seen worse.

It's a joke honestly, they see a headlining title mentioning an IP that had a film made on it that wasn't received well and the toys are thr

• Fair enough, I've only seen it once, but from what I recall, I wasn't fussed with what I saw, but the general consensus was it wasn't what was anticipated. They are meant to be doing another one with James Gunn at the helm, with it being a total reboot, I have faith in him to do great, it'll release in August 2021, and there might be something shown for it on August 22nd

AronDracula posted: »

I don't mind it either. I just don't know what to think of it, considering that I haven't seen it ever since the theaters. I had an open mind and had some fun with it. I have seen worse.

• Im pretty sure by "legitimately" review bombed he meant as in people actually were review bombing TLOU2. Not that it was a "legitimate" cause but there was an actual review bombing on The Last Of Us 2 which he was comparing to Fall Guys by saying TLOU2 was a review bombing and Fall Guys was not.

But it was mate, the developers would have been keeping an eye on reviews especially since it was the day of release, why exactly would they

• edited August 2020

That's fair, I agree with that, sorry for not grasping what you meant in your comment @Ghetsis And thanks for letting me know :smile:

Poogers555 posted: »

Im pretty sure by "legitimately" review bombed he meant as in people actually were review bombing TLOU2. Not that it was a "legitimate" cau

• edited August 2020

Holy f**** shit. We got ourselves a Remedy Game-matic Universe.

AWE: The first Remedy Connected Universe crossover event

We’re already hard at work on a future Remedy game that also takes place in this same universe.

Ho-ly SHIT.

[Spoiler tag: announcement pic of AWE sneak peek on Aug 13th

• edited August 2020

Nevermind.

But it was mate, the developers would have been keeping an eye on reviews especially since it was the day of release, why exactly would they

• This is now my new favourite genre of music.

• This kind of YouTube channels have been growing popular lately. I like Samuel Kim Music. Medieval style, samurai style, all sorts of fun. I've been liking the medieval versions of Star wars music.

This is now my new favourite genre of music.

• That would be epic

I think

• Epic indeed. I'd vouch for ya.

That would be epic I think

• Reminds me of one of the funniest things in all of TWAU.

Looks at soda machine. "That shit will kill ya." puffs a cigarette.

That would be epic I think

Sign in to comment in this discussion.