Next-Gen Discussion Thread (PS5/Xbox Series X)

13»

Comments

• edited September 2020

One more time, we've got another PS5 event coming up, revealing one final slate of games for the console.
    Maybe there'll be a price and release date alongside it, maybe not.

September 16, 1pm PDT

Playstation Blog

Also holy crap it's a black PS5 guys (unless it's just in shadow)

• BL3 coming to PS5 and Xbox Series X.

Runs in 4K and 60fps. PS4 and Xbox One owners can get an upgrade for free and transfer their save data.

https://uggpascherfo.com/news/borderlands-3-coming-to-ps5-and-xbox-series-x-future-content-detailed-during-pax-online/

• Looking forward to more showcases for Demon's Souls and Miles Morales.

• I'm expecting nothing but some Miles Morales gameplay, so there should be at least something else that'll surprise me.

AronDracula posted: »

Looking forward to more showcases for Demon's Souls and Miles Morales.

• It's odd that we haven't got MM gameplay yet but we have with Ratchet. That game is coming out in 2021.

Looking forward to more showcases for Demon's Souls and Miles Morales.

• Yes. Soon it begins.

• Spider-Man Miles Morales gameplay looks sick. Definitely not a reuse of movement animation for the action and attacks.

• Daaaang man! Deathloop looks way way more interesting now!

If it’s some open-ended assassination thing, it makes total sense for it to go hand in hand with a set-schedule-target manipulation… thing.
    Either kill the scientist at night, or disrupt his work in the morning so he’s got time to go to this other target’s party. Boom they’re at the same location, easy to kill.
    Aw man that’s cool. Like Hitman and Dishonored had a baby.

• And now, Aron can breathe a sigh of relief. Demon's Souls gameplay, everyone.

Poogers555 posted: »

Perhaps...

• Demon's Souls gameplay is just breathtaking. However, it doesn't feel like a remake. Looks more like a reimagination due to new camera. I'm not sure what to think of the new player perspective because they definitely changed it from central view to over-the-shoulder view. I guess I'll have to get used to it.

Other than that, I am melted of excitement.

• That was a pretty solid presentation as a whole, a lot of cool stuff. Got to see my boy Ethan again. Really hoping Tokyo Game Show is when we see some real proper footage of RE8 though (Unless Capcom uploads a video later today like they did last time.) because Im really liking what I'm seeing.

Hogwarts game looks cool, Deathloop is fucking amazing and I am very excited for that game. Spider-Man MM also looking real clean. But God of War 2021? Was not expecting that at all, I really was thinking 2022. Either way really awesome.

Only downside is Sony really gonna have me buy a new console within the first year so I can't wait for a price drop, huh?

Dare I say... Sony got games?

• Souls is coming to PC, MM is coming to PS4

• No. Sony mentioned that the text "Available on PC" at the end of the trailer was an editing error. This is why the trailer on the Playstation channel was deleted and reuploaded. Demon's Souls Remake is fully exclusive on PS5

Ghetsis posted: »

Souls is coming to PC, MM is coming to PS4

• My bad haha, just recently found out.

No. Sony mentioned that the text "Available on PC" at the end of the trailer was an editing error. This is why the trailer on the Playstation channel was deleted and reuploaded. Demon's Souls Remake is fully exclusive on PS5

• By the wayyy.... according to this official Blog Post many first-party Playstation titles will be launching at a new 70$USD price point. (Miles Morales is launching at a 50$ base price -- though if it was this gen it would probably be 40$.)

cries in canadian money I guess that means 90$ base price for us, and then a total of 101$ after tax.

• That is the only thing that makes me wanna stay away from next gen. Sure the technology gets more advanced and expensive but it wouldn't be worth 70 bucks if the game is short, lacks replayablity, content and features MTXs.

Sony might have gotten a lot of things right about PS5 but they are just as greedy as every single publisher studios.

AChicken posted: »

By the wayyy.... according to this official Blog Post many first-party Playstation titles will be launching at a new 70$USD price point. (Mi

• but it wouldn't be worth 70 bucks if the game is short, lacks replayablity, content and features MTXs.

Luckily I don't think many Playstation Studio's titles fall under any of those categories.

But for other publishers and developers? Hopefully they don't follow suit soon. Ubisoft has said they're keeping a 60$ US price for now, so that's... um... good?

That is the only thing that makes me wanna stay away from next gen. Sure the technology gets more advanced and expensive but it wouldn't be

• Not gonna lie, I was expecting to hear about a new Batman game. Maybe at the next DC Fandome?

• The Verge, IGN, VentureBeat, Gamespot, Eurogamer and CNET have all wrote up hands-on previews on the Xbox Series X, all is fairly interesting stuff:

Eurogamer Article:
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-xbox-series-x-back-compat-is-transformative

The Verge Article:
    https://www.theverge.com/21458254/microsoft-xbox-series-x-load-times-performance-gameplay-preview

IGN Article:
    https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-series-x-hands-on-load-times-quick-resume-and-compatibility

CNET Article:
    https://www.cnet.com/news/hands-on-with-xbox-series-x-quick-resume-backwards-compatibility-and-faster-load-times/

VentureBeat Article:
    https://venturebeat.com/2020/09/28/xbox-series-x-impressions/

Gamespot Article:
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-series-x-hands-on-preview-fast-loading-quick-resume-and-performance/1100-6482656/

Also, Microsoft recently updated the Microsoft Store, I like it, but what really caught my eye is that when checking out a game in the Store, it states it's compatible with the Xbox Series X/S, so I looked further and The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series, along with The Wolf Among Us and other Telltale games are compatible with the upcoming Xbox consoles. Minecraft: Story Mode and its second Season are actually compatible along with Guardians of The Galaxy, but both are still unavailable for purchase. This fits in line with Microsoft's plan to carry over their entire library of existing games to the new consoles, and personally I'm hoping to see them bring Minecraft: Story Mode back, the ball's in their court. Maybe Marvel Games will finally put Guardians of The Galaxy back on the Store?

• along with Guardians of The Galaxy

gasp ...someone remembered!!

The Verge, IGN, VentureBeat, Gamespot, Eurogamer and CNET have all wrote up hands-on previews on the Xbox Series X, all is fairly interestin

• Who can forget? I really enjoyed it, my only gripe is a bug in Episode 3, I forgot how the scene goes but it's a conversation between characters, but the bug itself cuts the conversation short and leaves progression impossible unless you quit the game and boot it up again

along with Guardians of The Galaxy gasp ...someone remembered!!

• Hitman 3 is gonna be so good on next-gen.

• Just in case everyone missed this. Playstation 5 is confirmed to be backwards compatible to the whole PS4 library. No need to worry about your digital PS4 game library when you can transfer them to PS5. Only 10 PS4 games are confirmed to not be compatible to PS5 according to this page.
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ps5-backwards-compatibility-ps4-compatible-playstation-6300

• Also worth noting is that we finally have a definitive answer on PS4 save games being compatible.
    https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/09/ps4-games-on-ps5-your-top-questions-answered/

PS4 saves should all be compatible with other PS4-Backwards-Compatible games on PS5. But, save games between PS4 versions and PS5 versions of games are on a case-by-case basis set by the developer.
    Miles Morales will be compatible with cross-gen saves at launch, whereas Sackboy's Big Adventure will not, but it'll be added in a future patch.
    You can transfer your save files by using a LAN cable between both systems, transferring it via Wi-Fi, backing it up to a USB drive or using the PS Plus cloud servers. So that's good news.

You can transfer digital games, game data, and game saves from a PS4 console to a PS5 console using LAN cables, or by connecting wirelessly (WiFi). If you’ve already stored PS4 games and game data in the external USB storage device connected to your PS4, you can bring them over to PS5 with that external USB storage device. And if you are a PS Plus member, you can also sync PS4 game saves on PS5 through cloud storage.

Please note that the ability to transfer game saves between a PS4 version and a PS5 version of the same game is a developer decision, and will vary title by title for cross-generational games.

Just in case everyone missed this. Playstation 5 is confirmed to be backwards compatible to the whole PS4 library. No need to worry about yo

• edited October 2020

I hope you're not doing anything as you read this comment. I don't want you to accidentally choke on a sandwich or something.

Okay... Hear me out. This is real.

Burger King -- yes, BURGER KING -- has just teased the reveal of the PS5 UI. It's happening on October 15th, and... Yeah. Burger King.

Edit: to confirm, this was posted to the PS5 subreddit by the official Burger King account.

Edit: ok maybe not a UI reveal, but a burger King PS5 promo reveal. I am one gullible boi

• I swear to God, 2020 just loves messing with people's lives and minds.

I hope you're not doing anything as you read this comment. I don't want you to accidentally choke on a sandwich or something. Okay... Hea

• Very cool! I wonder who approached whom for the collab :-)

I hope you're not doing anything as you read this comment. I don't want you to accidentally choke on a sandwich or something. Okay... Hea

• Here is the reveal for PS5 UI. It honestly looks very impressive.

• Sony will optimise the PS5 fan through online updates, according to Eurogamer:

In an interview with 4Gamer.net (with translation by ResetEra user orzkare backed up by our resident Japanese speaker John Linneman), Yasuhiro Ootori, VP of mechanical design at Sony Interactive Entertainment's hardware design division said Sony will optimise the fan control based on data on the Accelerated Processing Unit (APU)'s behaviour in each game.

"Various games will be released in the future, and data on the APU's behaviour in each game will be collected," Otori said. "We have a plan to optimise the fan control based on this data."

Link to Eurogamer Article: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-10-19-sony-to-optimise-the-ps5-fan-with-online-updates#:~:text=Sounds cool.&text=Sony will optimise the PlayStation,with online updates, it's said.&text=The console uses a temperature,to control the fan speed.

Phil Spencer has teased that a TV Streaming Stick may become a reality in the future to accommodate xCloud in an interview with The Verge. He said:

“I think you’re going to see lower priced hardware as part of our ecosystem when you think about streaming sticks and other things that somebody might want to just go plug into their TV and go play via xCloud,” says Spencer. “You could imagine us even having something that we just included in the Game Pass subscription that gave you an ability to stream xCloud games to your television and buying the controller.”
    Spencer also teases the potential for an “Xbox Game Pass Platinum” with guaranteed access to new Xbox hardware. Microsoft has been bundling Xbox subscriptions and hardware together in something called Xbox All Access, which includes access to Xbox Game Pass and the latest Xbox Series X and Series X consoles. It’s a bundle that Spencer is obviously keen to experiment with in the future.
    The idea of an Xbox game streaming TV stick isn’t a new one for Microsoft. The software giant was preparing lightweight Xbox streaming devices back in 2016, but it canceled the hardware. Microsoft has been investigating streaming sticks and hardware ever since the company originally demonstrated Halo 4 streaming from the cloud to Windows and Windows Phones all the way back in 2013.

Link to The Verge Article: https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/23/21529925/xbox-tv-streaming-stick-xcloud-cloud-gaming-phil-spencer-interview

Halo: The Master Chief Collection will be optimised for Xbox Series X|S:

Halo 5: Guardians will not be getting a next-gen upgrade, but will receive some boosts from the next-gen hardware, like higher resolution output and faster loading screens:
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5-is-not-getting-a-dedicated-xbox-series-x-upgrade-but-it-will-have-faster-load-times/1100-6483670/

Speaking of Halo 5: Guardians, thanks to a partnership with Monster Energy, US consumers can receive a free copy of the game by creating an account, after doing so you will receive an email with an enclosed digital code to redeem in order to access the game. I just checked the website and at the moment there is currently a sweepstakes taking place where participants can win an Xbox Series X.

Link to Monster Energy Website: https://earnrewards.com/monsterhalo/create_account

Phil Spencer teased to VG247 that 1 vs. 100 could make a return through the Xbox Series X, Phil said:

“Maybe we should even be building our own trivia game, like from our past, that allows people to play a trivia game more often, maybe that could happen…" Spencer has previously noted that the game could return, too. In an interview with Stevivor in 2019, the Xbox boss noted “we should do it again”, though he also noted that the format of the game is owned by a game show company. “But I’ll say [Matt Booty] and I have had a lot of discussions about the idea, whether it’s that IP specifically or just the idea of what it was, is something that we’d love to go do,” Spencer noted.

Link to VG247 Article: https://www.vg247.com/2020/10/25/1-vs-100-return-xbox-series-x-according-phil-spencer/

Microsoft have fully embraced the "Xbox Series X Fridge" meme by sending out an Xbox Series X Fridge to Snoop Dogg:

• edited October 2020

What to Expect When You Boot Up Your Next Generation Xbox on Day One:
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/10/26/what-to-expect-when-you-boot-next-gen-xbox/

• Not sure if you've seen this @AronDracula...

Whole new State of Play for Demon's Souls.

• I refuse to watch it because the game is around the corner and I want a blind experience with this game. The only thing I wanted to see was the new User Interface and I did.

Not sure if you've seen this @AronDracula... Whole new State of Play for Demon's Souls.

• Since the current gen is coming to a close, let's talk about our favorite games of the 8th generation. What were your favorite games from the last 7 years? Do not count any remasters or remakes of old games (Unless they are a complete re-imaginations).

Here is my list, no particular order except for the first game mentioned:

• Bloodborne
    • Uncharted 4
    • Red Dead Redemption 2
    • Resident Evil 7
    • Resident Evil 2 Remake
    • Spider-Man PS4
    • God of War
    • Dying Light
    • Wolfenstein The New Order
    • Until Dawn
    • Metal Gear Solid 5 The Phantom Pain
    • Sekiro Shadows Die Twice
    • Alien Isolation
  • Why are people putting their vape smokes into their Xboxes?

• Since Aron is doing his list, I'll do mine... I won't reply to his because I don't wanna bomb his notifications. lmfao

1. Dragon Ball FighterZ
    2. The Last of Us
    3. The Wolf Among Us
    4. Star Wars: Fallen Order
    5. Spider-Man PlayStation 4
    6. Batman: Arkham Origins
    7. Super Mario Odyssey
    8. Sonic Mania
    9. Rocket League
    10. Five Nights at Freddy's 2
  • Some of them aren't 8th gen, like Arkham Origins, The Last of Us and Wolf cause they were made for 7th gen platforms.

Since Aron is doing his list, I'll do mine... I won't reply to his because I don't wanna bomb his notifications. lmfao * Dragon Ball Fi

Sign in to comment in this discussion.