Tales from the Borderlands: A History of Cut Content Part 1 and 2

2»

Comments

• I honestly think I enjoy the original episode 3 idea of Cassius where he is pretty up front about being an Atlas Scientist more than the final product. I guess this was changed because they were having a hard time figuring out why Athena would be cool with it. Couldn't find anything in even the script files of Athena saying something along the lines like she stopped killing Atlas or something. I don't know, I just kinda liked how it was originally going to be a bit horror themed with them all being locked in the dome as there are giant monsters trying to kill them and Cassius is acting all creepy. (Its more prevalent in the script.)

Funny thing is I'm pretty sure that idea became the Minecraft Story Mode DLC episode where the characters are locked in the creepy mansion with monsters on the outside. A lot of work was done on that idea and it seemed like it was going to work pretty well. Writers probably wanted to do a one off thing in that style so they did for Minecraft.

iFoRias posted: »

Oh my god,did they really cut that line at 30:17 shame on you telltale that would've been amazing. And those Athena lines,goddamn. I only

• He really is. Very excited to nominate him for mod on April Fool's again!

Just finished Part 2 and NGL dude you are the king of the telltale fanbase.

• Screw the mod position. We just need a new user flair.
    King. Used exclusively for the Poog-ster, obviously.

dojo32161 posted: »

He really is. Very excited to nominate him for mod on April Fool's again!

• You laugh now, Dojo. But once I get that Telltale internship and get that shiny "Telltale Staff" tag by my name, you'll become the April Fool's joke! And who'll be laughing then, huh? Probably still you, but still! Think about it!

You have been hypothetically warned, buddy!

dojo32161 posted: »

He really is. Very excited to nominate him for mod on April Fool's again!

• Giving me the "King" tag will be the only update to the site and is in actuality the update that was talked about so long ago.

AChicken posted: »

Screw the mod position. We just need a new user flair. King. Used exclusively for the Poog-ster, obviously.

• Been checking out the files more since I rewatched the bit in Pt. 2 About Beta images and found a couple ones I hadn't seen before in the UI files!

(Also, a bunch of these really funny thumbnail/storyboards of the ingame intro cinematics)

So yeah, even now there's so much shit in the files that hasn't even been found yet, and when you eventually do find it, it is really exciting

• That Rhys concept art over an echocom I hadn't seen before, thats really cool!

I honestly love how many left over storyboards there are. Mostly because even though besides episode 1 they are exactly the same as how they turn out in the final game. But just the fact they are soooo simply drawn I just find to look so goofy lol.

Just in general theres a few goofy things in there. Like this is in the files and I dont know why it makes me laugh.

Been checking out the files more since I rewatched the bit in Pt. 2 About Beta images and found a couple ones I hadn't seen before in the UI

• OH LMAOO I JUST found Render to Texture Felix in the files and had a laugh at it. There's something magical about a character dead-staring into your soul. I've been using the Telltale Speech extractor to check out the voicelines and WOW There's some interesting shit in there. Found a bunch of voicelines of August reading as Rhys, like Nolan North reading Troy Baker lines. Interesting stuff! Also, I know this ones already in Pt. 2 but I have that debug image of super-early Rhys and Fiona burned into my mind. Rocking out like they're from a 2005 PS3 Game

Poogers555 posted: »

That Rhys concept art over an echocom I hadn't seen before, thats really cool! I honestly love how many left over storyboards there are.

• I dont know why every early design used Fiona's hands for everything, here is an early version of Vaughn.

Also do you know the file numbers for the Nolan North reading as Rhys? I heard them years ago and I wasnt able to find them again because there was only like 7 of them iirc out of the literal thousands of voice lines.

OH LMAOO I JUST found Render to Texture Felix in the files and had a laugh at it. There's something magical about a character dead-staring i

• Yeah, i got them all! they're all labelled "august reading as ryhs" in the speech extractor, something like this.
    Aaaand here's a video I put together putting them all in order!

Also, that Vaughn is chefs kiss

Poogers555 posted: »

I dont know why every early design used Fiona's hands for everything, here is an early version of Vaughn. Also do you know the file numbe

• edited March 2021

So gonna give this a tiny bump due to TFTBL freecam has found some kinda interesting stuff. Nothing super big, but interesting enough.

Coolest thing I found was this in episode 1 in the Gortys Core area. Just some dead dude which I would assume is Pollux. Funny enough he is always back there but the camera makes sure you cant see him. Also strangely is the money + handcuffs are down there too and they are visible when the game pans out to reveal the map. Seems like stuff that was cut late. (The case may have been down there as the script file mentions Rhys burning his fingers trying to save some money. There also is a mention of a dead guy having the same bracelet as Vaughn by Sasha, so probs back when they were going with the Pollux looks like Vaughn plot. There was also a mention of him not having 2 hands.)

Now for very sad news.
    There was 2 unused maps I really wanted to show off if a freecam mod ever happened. Problem is, the re-release fucked up a lot of the files and even after the help of 4K sending me an older file of 101, now running those maps insta crashes the game, which really sucks. Silver lining is, one of them is "half made" during the 101 next time segment but based on how it was shot you'd never normally see it. This was Shade's house that Fiona was going to be locked up in. (or at least half the level built)

The other was part of the original episode 1 level where Rhys was in Hollowpoint, which I am currently kicking myself for never recording fully. I was hoping with a freecam I could explore it but sadly I cant seem to find a work around. Heres a whole 2 screenshots of it. This included Scooter's garage and the Pawn Shop where the Vault Key Deal originally went down:

And also here is a close up of the cool Hyperion City on the main menu that seemingly has nothing in the files to hint at if we were to ever go there

• Hello! I noticed that the videos here are private now- is there any way to still see them? Thank you much friend.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.