The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• This is mild?

Fuuuuck.
    Sometimes I really hate Humanity. Why are we like this??

https://twitter.com/ZawAndy/status/1321441240630657024 Wow...

• Ooookay, moving on from that, just gonna post what I came into this thread for in the first place:

An reboot of Animaniacs is coming and I'm excited. I also don't know what Animaniacs is at all, other than it being some sort of satire show from the early 90s.

Trailer looks cool.

Now if only Hulu can come to Canada.

• Truth be told, I thought this was a fake trailer because of the anime thumbnail.

AChicken posted: »

Ooookay, moving on from that, just gonna post what I came into this thread for in the first place: An reboot of Animaniacs is coming and

• "Yeah Rhys and Vaughn just aren't friends anymore because [side quest not found]"

• It's almost certainly winning Best VR game at the very least.

I love the liquid shader they use for drink bottles in that game, especially since it was a random update that was dropped. It even foams and bubbles up when you shake it up depending on the drink! It's still a teensy bit jelly-like but it's as close as they could get with the real thing.

Poogers555 posted: »

You're right about Alyx Im actually very positive it will be nominated for GOTY. I just kinda forgot because I dont got VR Rippo- Honestl

• Wait what? They're not friends anymore?

"Yeah Rhys and Vaughn just aren't friends anymore because [side quest not found]"

• edited October 2020

Wh-what?? They just... Throw away the bromance? The awesome bond they had in the original series just... Gone? Why?

You're tearing me apart, Gearbox!

"Yeah Rhys and Vaughn just aren't friends anymore because [side quest not found]"

• Oh, yeah, that was a fun show! They'll have to redo the opening song though, 'cause yung'uns won't understand the Bill Clinton sax reference. Hellllloooooooooooooo Nurse!

Ooookay, moving on from that, just gonna post what I came into this thread for in the first place: An reboot of Animaniacs is coming and

• edited October 2020

Yeah, just found out theres a Vaughn voice line where he says Rhys became corporate and now they dont talk anymore. (He says since the Traveler was defeated, so like 5 years.) @AChicken

I really dont understand why the BL3 writers made some of the choices they made regarding Rhys and Vaughn. They placed Vaughn in such a weird place and just forgot Sasha and Fiona existed. Crazy enough they dont appear, even more crazy they arent even mentioned in anyway other than possibly an echo log that may never be expanded on and if that echo log is even about Sasha or Fiona. Also the fact Rhys in an echo log very quickly goes "I made guns from the vault treasure" so that was a really creative way to make sure nothing comes from Tales' ending, 100% for sure.

Kill Cassius was also pretty lame, especially considering there was obviously no collaboration with any original writers when it came to making this choice, unlike with Telltale who took more care in BL's characters. Obviously Cassius wasn't a major character but it is still disappointing he gets killed off and his demise is treated as a joke.

lupinb0y posted: »

Wait what? They're not friends anymore?

• 2077 we will all be Boomerfied at that year or deceased but yeah will see what happens.

Geez, my heart goes out to those devs. The fact that even they didn't get any heads up is really awful communication on the execs' or depart

• The more I see of the Tales characters in Borderlands 3, the more I wished that they just didn't appear at all honestly.

Yeah, just found out theres a Vaughn voice line where he says Rhys became corporate and now they dont talk anymore. (He says since the Trave

• Cassius dying still annoys me to a great degree, but I'll give them this, he was in character and was honestly treated pretty well story wise, before his demise.

Yeah, just found out theres a Vaughn voice line where he says Rhys became corporate and now they dont talk anymore. (He says since the Trave

• bloodborne was nominated in 2015 and sekiro won goty last year so i'd be shocked if demon's souls wasn't at least considered. not to mention the original was heavily lauded upon release, winning various game of the year awards at numerous outlets. i'd be shocked if it didn't get nominated for art direction and score at the very least.

i think this year's goty nominees will probably be doom eternal, tlou2, demon's souls, spider-man: miles morales, ghosts of tsushima and ff7r. would be pretty shocked if animal crossing, yakuza or half life made it in but would be a nice surprise, would be frustrated if re3remake got nominated for anything outside of score but action game would be justified i guess. i think we'll see some pretty serious snubs for amnesia: rebirth, crash 4, paper mario, tony hawk, ori and streets of rage. meanwhile i'm confident that avengers, watch dogs and rogue squadron will be pretty (justifiably) ignored for the most part.

AronDracula posted: »

I sort of doubt Demon's Souls will even get nominated, no matter how much I am praying for it to win.

• bloodborne was nominated in 2015 and sekiro won goty last year so i'd be shocked if demon's souls wasn't at least considered. not to mention the original was heavily lauded upon release, winning various game of the year awards at numerous outlets. i'd be shocked if it didn't get nominated for art direction and score at the very least.

The difference is that Demon's Souls is coming out on November and I don't think there will be enough players to fully complete game and give their full opinions on it. And we are talking about Bluepoint Games, not FromSoftware because they have no involvement to the remake whatsoever.

I do want it to be nominated but Game Awards are not always to be trusted. Remember when they nominated PUBG for GOTY, even though the game was still early access and not fully released? That was total bullshit and moronic. Getting nominated for the best Role Playing Game (AND winning it) is the least I can hope for.

bloodborne was nominated in 2015 and sekiro won goty last year so i'd be shocked if demon's souls wasn't at least considered. not to mention

• And we are talking about Bluepoint Games, not FromSoftware because they have no involvement to the remake whatsoever.

normally I'd agree with this point when talking about remakes/remasters as the artist's original intent is usually better, but BluePoint is pretty famously known for kicking all sorts of ass so i fully believe in them. we're not talking about Capcom's B-Team with RE3make or Konami tossing the Silent Hill HD Collection at Hijinx. BluePoint are typically gonna give their A-Game

I do want it to be nominated but Game Awards are not always to be trusted. Remember when they nominated PUBG for GOTY, even though the game was still early access and not fully released?

meh. i never really held that against them. all awards shows are bullshit and every awards show needs the popularity pick. pubg is a perfectly average game and it was clearly never gonna win anyway. it was just a ploy for ratings like the oscars nominating a marvel movie. usually i find myself perfectly content with the games nominated at TGAs

• I'd say that is pretty fair. I'm mostly not a fan of it as it feels like a waste of a Tales character. Maybe it was done to try and explain why Cassius wasnt with Rhys at New Atlas because it was determinant but he probably should have already been at New Atlas with Rhys by that point so I dont think that is why. (Plus they already kinda chose a canon anyway it seems for certain choices, like Cassius helped Vaughn, Rhys and Sasha romance, and I guess Yvette is also dead no matter what too.) It doesnt feel that great either for like I said, Telltale consulted with Gearbox plenty of times about what they would do with mainline Borderlands characters and the story as a whole and a lot of Tales characters in BL3/2 DLC dont feel they got that same kind of respect. I still think its crazy Chris Hardwick out of the 3 Tales characters that appear was the only one who Gearbox brought back to do the voice of their character, esptially considering Vaughn took a back seat in Tales ep 3 and 4 was because Chris Hardwick was too busy/famous, but has now had the most appearances lol.

If Fiona is added in the directors cut DLC, I'm not going to be surprised at all if it isnt Laura Bailey doing the voice.

dojo32161 posted: »

Cassius dying still annoys me to a great degree, but I'll give them this, he was in character and was honestly treated pretty well story wise, before his demise.

• Same here. I'm low key afraid that the directors cut is going to add a new quest involving Tales characters and I just dont want it. I still think it is funny hearing BL3 lead writer said he wanted to write TFTBL 2 but their choices they made for Rhys and Vaughn and where they are now, and how much time has past, and characters like Fiona, Sasha, Loader-Bot and Gortys just being AWOL, making it so where Rhys and FIona disappeared to just did not matter at all puts a sequel in a weird place narratively, essentially with lines like this where apparently Rhys and Vaughn dont even talk anymore. All this plus the overall story of BL3 puts a Tales 2 in such a weird place in all honesty. Because Rhys and Vaughn aren't even regular people anymore, now they are Crimson Raider allies.

I mean it could all still work, Hell I think Rhys has a pretty obvious character arch going forward, but Vaughn would really need to be reverted upon, which sucks as it makes a messy character, but BL3 Vaughn is just- not good. Writing way too much, but knowing AdHoc and Telltale are back, I really hope Gearbox doesnt touch any more Tales characters and if a Tales 2 is ever made, they let AdHoc write and direct it.

The more I see of the Tales characters in Borderlands 3, the more I wished that they just didn't appear at all honestly.

• BL3 lead writer said he wanted to write TFTBL 2

The Borderlands 3 versions of Rhys and Vaughn barely have any of their characterization from TFTB or any of its meaningful elements and he wants to write the sequel? I absolutely do not want a sequel if it doesn't have the OG crew back on board, least of all from that guy. I couldn't get through Borderlands 3 because I thought the writing was so bad.

Same here. I'm low key afraid that the directors cut is going to add a new quest involving Tales characters and I just dont want it. I still

• Why the hell are people like this? Ughhhhh...

It's sad we see this stuff happen literally every month.

• I've seen this gif in a long time. One of my favorites.

My hope is that it goes to another game that's been worked on for 6 years, too. I found that to be the most wow-inducing current-gen title of the year. You know the one...

• Huh? I thought the support for this monstrosity was dropped since last year.

BioWare have just released a blogpost discussing Anthem 2.0: https://blog.bioware.com/2020/10/28/anthem-update-javelin-gameplay-builds/

• Nope, I forget when, but they did announce they were revising the game. I think the concept is decent, and in speaking to a friend who has played it, he liked the gameplay but had problems with multiplayer, like apparently players could only travel short distances away from each other before being teleported back to the others, load times were another problem he had, but he came away from it pleased with the gameplay, but not so pleased with the lack of activities, loading times and server problems

Huh? I thought the support for this monstrosity was dropped since last year.

• Okay, so... The Network is one of Green Day's side projects and this just came out.

-Visible excitement-

• Apparently, EA decided not to pull the plug on it, and it was announced I think earlier this year that Bioware would try to update the game and revise some big components of it, so that it actually becomes a good game.
    Honestly, I thought by now they would either announce it to be a fruitless effort and close it for real, or announce some sort of progress update. Seems the latter happened, after all.

Huh? I thought the support for this monstrosity was dropped since last year.

• Yeah, even I think it’s safe to say Gearbox should just leave the Tales characters alone at this point. Many of their decisions are questionable at best, and nonsensical at worst. Vaughn just isn’t the same character anymore, and while I still do feel like the writing surrounding Rhys was actually pretty on point for the most part, the execution of Vaughn just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. They just went way too hard on Vaughn being more comedic relief, when most of the stuff he says just isn’t that funny and is just way too over the top. And even the Vaughn we see in Episode 5 as a bandit wasn’t even close to acting like this. Now, he acts like a college freshman being out on his own for the first time, yelling about how free he is and doing whatever he wants. It gets old very quickly.

Same here. I'm low key afraid that the directors cut is going to add a new quest involving Tales characters and I just dont want it. I still

• edited October 2020

Same here with Rhys. As a whole I think Rhys was handled pretty well. He does have some really stinker lines every once in a while, but as a whole I think he was handled well. The issue is more so they did things like he and Vaughn don't talk anymore and having both Rhys and Vaughn be important players who now connect to the greater world puts them in a weird place for a sequel. Also this doesnt really matter overall as I do like it, it was a bit odd Zer0 is Rhys' bodyguard. It only really makes sense for this to happen if Gearbox decided that Zer0 was at the traveler battle and if he is he says he wants to work with Fiona, not Rhys. Could have pretty easily swapped Lorelei out with Fiona. Then possibly do a DLC/side quest for finding Sasha? I'm guessing the directors cut probably will touch on that echo log because if it doesnt its just weird.

(I also wouldnt want Lorelei just removed from the game or anything but I am struggling to think where they could have gone instead in the story. However, if I was the one to make that decision, I probably would have just replaced Lorelei with Fiona.)

Actually now that I think about it, Lorelei probably should have been a side character who gives more complex and multiple quest. I feel BL3 is really lacking on that matter. I cant think of many characters that offer multiple and more complex story quest while BL2 had a ton of side characters give multiple and memorable side quest. A lot of the side quest are given by boring and forgettable NPCs.

Yeah, even I think it’s safe to say Gearbox should just leave the Tales characters alone at this point. Many of their decisions are question

• Free Halloween ghost game if you haven't seen it yet at https://www.google.com .

• The Spider-Verse suit is coming to Miles Morales! The animation even matches the frame rate of the movie!

• AAgghhh, I still can't decide which PS5 game I should buy first. Either this or Demon's Souls cause both look very promising.

The Spider-Verse suit is coming to Miles Morales! The animation even matches the frame rate of the movie!

• This has to be the first time Telltale has acknowledged a pre-TWD IP since... since Poker Night 2 was delisted? It's been a while

Also: Wolf Among Us 2 Update

• Telltale remembers it has other IPs than Batman Circa October 2020

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

This has to be the first time Telltale has acknowledged a pre-TWD IP since... since Poker Night 2 was delisted? It's been a while https://t

• I decided to move my playthrough videos to another channel of mine because I got more subscribers there and I am reuploading everything. The link is in my profile account.

• edited October 2020

Wow... Monkey Island? Yeah, I haven't seen them talk about anything pre-TWD in a looong time! (Other than when new Telltale acquired some old things like Poker Night, but still... wow.)

Telltale remembers it has other IPs than Batman

That's also cool. Finally they acknowledge that something is still going on with Wolf.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

This has to be the first time Telltale has acknowledged a pre-TWD IP since... since Poker Night 2 was delisted? It's been a while https://t

• edited October 2020

Lost an operative for the first time in Watch Dogs Legion after surviving all the enemies in a location only to die from accidentally reversing into a gas tank on the way out.
    R.I.P Willis Jackson, my Jamaican friend.

• edited October 2020

Could have pretty easily swapped Lorelei out with Fiona. Then possibly do a DLC/side quest for finding Sasha?

I’ve been wondering this for quite a while, what is the point of Lorelei’s character? She doesn’t do that much, even in the missions she’s involved in, and her side missions are nothing more than get coffee and burgers. Instead of her, and instead of Fiona, why not have it be Sasha? Regardless of what you may have chosen in Tales, BL3 makes it clear that Rhys and Sasha are still close in some way, whether as friends or even a couple (more likely the latter due to the picture on his desk and the line about him being in love). Lorelei’s character is badass chick good with a gun...um, hello, Sasha is right there for you to use. She’s a gun and weapons expert and enthusiast, why not have her be a leading officer for the Crimson Lance and one of Rhys’ right hand men (or woman in this case) in fighting off Maliwan? Sure that doesn’t necessarily fix the side missions issue, but at least then it’s an established and generally liked character that fans know about. Meanwhile, Fiona is going after her new dream of being a Vault Hunter somewhere in the galaxy, and in this case, the ECHO could imply something happened to Fiona that Rhys, Sasha, and Zer0 couldn’t stop, and have a side mission/series of missions, from Sasha or Rhys, that deal with going after her. It can build on so much that people loved about Tales, give more character growth for all of them, and actually does something with the ECHO. And yes, they could have done missions like this, and they have, case in point, the Burton Briggs missions, which are easily some of my favorite missions in all of BL3. Do something like that, but with the Tales characters, it’d be so easy.

I'm guessing the directors cut probably will touch on that echo log because if it doesnt its just weird.

I doubt it. If they featured it and did nothing with it in the game and the 4 DLC’s, I doubt they’re going to do anything regarding it now. Might as well just release a patch that removes it from the game entirely.

Actually now that I think about it, Lorelei probably should have been a side character who gives more complex and multiple quest. I feel BL3 is really lacking on that matter. I cant think of many characters that offer multiple and more complex story quest while BL2 had a ton of side characters give multiple and memorable side quest.

That’s a great point that I didn’t really think about until now. BL2 is filled with a lot of silly, joke missions (Face McShooty), but there’s a lot of quests that add to certain characters or the lore.

• Roland having you go out and kill 4 assassins spying on Sanctuary reveals info on Handsome Jack suspecting Lilith to be alive and lore about the sirens. This is where the fact that only 6 sirens can exist in the universe at a time is first dropped.
    • Tiny Tina’s tea party mission revolves around her getting revenge on the person that captured and turned over her and her family to Hyperion, causing her parents’ death.
    • Mordecai gives a mission where you go around Sanctuary and inform the residents of Roland’s death, prompting emotional responses and callbacks from them.
    • Mordecai gives another mission where you find ECHO logs about Handsome Jack, before he became Handsome Jack.
    • A small mission in Opportunity shows how Handsome Jack lied about himself being the one to open the Vault and used its power to lay claim to Pandora.
    • Ellie’s series of missions reignites the feud between the Zaffords and the Hodunks, and we learn about both clans, as well as Scooter, in the process.
    • Tannis gives you a mission to recover ECHO logs from the Hyperion Preserve, and they touch on Hyperion’s experimentation of slag and how Tina became Tiny Tina, featuring logs about her parents’ death.

There’s more even on top of that. Borderlands 3 doesn’t have any of that in its main game. The only character that really has a side mission that delves into their character a bit more is Ava, and her actions throughout the game has caused most players to despise her. What type of side missions do we get in BL3:

• Retrieving Vaughn’s underwear.
    • Helping a guy who’s brain was placed in a ratch save his friend, by also turning him into a ratch.
    • Retrieve Tannis’ needles.
    • Help Vaughn bang a psycho chick that can’t even speak English.
    • Get coffee for Lorelei.
    • Run burgers for some restaurant owner.

There’s a couple missions that are either legitimately funny and zany, and those that do add to the world (the extreme guy on Eden 6 is hilarious, the Handsome Jack and Angel mission is a must) and there is a lot of lore dump in other parts of the game like the Typhon logs. But overall, the game is lacking 8n character driven side missions. Like I said, you have a great series of missions with Burton Briggs, it shows they can do stuff like this, and do it very well, so why not have more missions like that in the base game?

Same here with Rhys. As a whole I think Rhys was handled pretty well. He does have some really stinker lines every once in a while, but as a

• Well, shit. I heard that Amnesia Rebirth did not live up to the success of The Dark Descent. I kind of saw it coming considering that I played Soma, the game Fricitional Games made before this one. It wasn't bad but it's just a game that gave me no reason to replay it. It's a one time experience.

• edited October 2020

How come the Daryl Dixon challenge hasn't been invented yet?

• I mainly think swapping Lorelei with Fiona would have worked better because I do think Zer0 should work for Atlas, but seeing how Zer0 wanted to work with Fiona, it is a bit weird he ends up working with Rhys. (Pretty obvious they just took the scene where Rhys said Zer0 was cool and decided that was what the relationship was now even if Tales did not set it up this way.) That way it connects better to Tales for why Zer0 is hanging with Rhys. I also feel Fiona's "fed up" with Rhys attitude would be a much better dynamic as the 2 characters interact about the war going on rather than Lorelei's odd trust in Rhys? Lorelei and Rhys don't really have a dynamic at all and it is a bit weird they are even involved with each other at all. Having Rhys and Fiona banter about what the correct course of action I feel would be a lot more fun. Sasha would then be the "missing" person that needs to be found (which may just never be acknowledged now I guess lol) but theoretically if that quest existed it probably makes more sense for it to be Sasha as Rhys and FIona both have a bond with her (and because Gearbox obviously will just canonize the Rhys x Sasha romance so that would play in as a thematic element.) Which honestly kinda sucks and is another reason why I overall don't want the Gearbox writers touching Tales characters anymore. I don't care how big or small the choice, be it who you romance, if you destroy the Jack AI, was cool with Athena killing Cassius, or if let the whole tour group die or not. Canonizing choices is disrespectful to the point of Tales that the story is meant to be canon to the player per playthrough. Not just selected what the "correct" choice was.

And I do think there is a good chance they will do something with that echo log in the directors cut. I'm assuming it means they are adding more content into the base game areas, so characters offering more quest, so I'm guessing that would include a Rhys mission about finding whoever it turns out is missing. If not then I dont understand the Gearbox writing team at all.

Could have pretty easily swapped Lorelei out with Fiona. Then possibly do a DLC/side quest for finding Sasha? I’ve been wondering th

Sign in to comment in this discussion.