Disney+ Series/Movies Discussion

Don't think we have any discussion threads for any of Disney's big new streaming content yet.

I think it would be spreading it a bit too thin by opening different ones for different series (as I also think they won't have 2 major series running at once -- say, Mando and Marvel) so here's the full thing. Discuss away.

Comments

• Mandalorian Season 2 premieres later today! Pretty excited, and pretty lucky they managed to finish filming it late last year, long before all this Covid stuff happened.

• edited October 2020

I am once again asking for people to check out Pixar's SparkShorts. They tackle a number of different and in certain cases more mature topics than the regular Pixar films. I recommend Purl, Loop, Out and of course everyone's favourite Kitbull.

• edited October 2020

Just finished watching the first episode of Mando and the Child Season 2! It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it. It's a really long episode too at 55 minutes.

You get some really great action sequences, the effects continue to be good loooking (especially with the Krayt Dragon which looked phenomenal), and of course more of the Child and daddy Mando. The episode continues the western feel from the previous season and the episode in general gave me some big Tremors vibes.

Now for a very very short spoiler talk

YOOOO FUCKIN' BOBA FETT

Looking forward to next weeks episode!

• a really long episode too at 55 minutes

Ooh, it really is! Didn't know they were going for a double-length premiere.
    I'm excited to watch it later!

lupinb0y posted: »

Just finished watching the first episode of Mando and the Child Season 2! It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it. It's a really long episode t

• Finally decided to start watching Season 2 of Mando (I originally watched Season 1 after it had all come out, but I figure I should try to catch up this time.)

Boy, this show is still some really good Star Wars stuff!
    They use practical effects and sets to great effect, and the CGI looks fantastic!

Enjoyed the premiere, where we've got a bunch of cool lore dumps on Tusken Raiders and some Tatooine wildlife.
    Still felt like abother side-quest episode, but it'll probably get rolling soon when that Mystery Man at the end comes into play...
    We also got Boba Fett's armor make an appearance! But no Boba Fett... Yet. I've heard there's a lot of cool Star Wars cameos in this season so far.

• We also got Boba Fett's armor make an appearance! But no Boba Fett...

Bruh you watched the episode right

AChicken posted: »

Finally decided to start watching Season 2 of Mando (I originally watched Season 1 after it had all come out, but I figure I should try to c

• edited December 2020

Oh wait is the mystery man at the end Boba Fett??

Omg, I don't know my Star Wars lore very well. I had no idea what he looks like under the helmet.

We also got Boba Fett's armor make an appearance! But no Boba Fett... (Spoiler)

• Just so you know, it's the same actor who previously played Jango Fett in Attack of the Clones.

AChicken posted: »

(Spoiler)

• Ohhh...

Yeah, it's been AGES since I've seen the pre-Disney films, so I wasn't aware.
    Cool detail.

lupinb0y posted: »

(Spoiler)

• edited December 2020

S2E2 spoils

Ok so baby Yoda nearly caused the extinction of an endangered alien species this episode and I don't know how I feel about that.
    Curb your hunger, man.

Also -- my god -- I still can't believe how good the special effects look. The Frog Lady looked so real, but I don't know if that was because it was someone in a suit, CGI, or a mix of the two. clap clap clap clap
    Also also wowie that Canadian actor from Kim's Convenience had a cameo.

• Realistically, Disney is putting out heavily children's TV shows. I like watching Netflix TV series more, especially The Witcher.

• edited January 2022

Oooo had no idea about this thread. A good bump for once. Might as well use it then.

Last weeks book of boba fett episode was very underwhelming for me, but this weeks stepped up a LOT. The present day story keeps me entertained as usual, and so when the flashbacks kicked in again this episode, I was worried. But the flashbacks in ep2 were so much better than the ep1 flashbacks. The tusken raiders are an interesting bunch, and they really delve into their culture this episode.

I dont know if thats the last of the flashbacks, if the ritual tribe dance thingy was like a goodbye to Boba. If so, I'd be happy because even though this episodes flashbacks were great I just dont think theres a whole lot to add to it now.

Can't wait for next weeks episode.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.