The Game Awards 2020 Live at 7 PM EST (Also Telltale Summoning Séance)

Comments

• I was just about to comment that lol

anyway insert "imposter Bigby" joke here

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

They used a background from that old “fake” leaked picture of Bigby.... I don’t even know anymore https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1337121685988732928

• the community manager is probably going to save herself by replying with an “imposter bigby” joke

Poogers555 posted: »

I was just about to comment that lol anyway insert "imposter Bigby" joke here

• tfw Among Us gets a spot at the Game Awards, but no Wolf Among Us.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

They used a background from that old “fake” leaked picture of Bigby.... I don’t even know anymore https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1337121685988732928

• edited December 2020

noooo

Dont worry I am sure r/gamingleaksandrumours will inevitably have complete faith in whatever next Telltale leak inevitably happens for the millionth time

• F
    Oh well, was fun while it lasted. I guess it's better than to get hyped over nothing.
    ᵃˡˢᵒ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᶦˢ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵉᶜᵒⁿᵈ ᵗᶦᵐᵉ ᵗʰᵉʸ ᵐᶦˢˢᵖᵉˡˡᵉᵈ ᵀᵂᴬᵁ ᵃˢ ᵀᵂᵁᴬ ᵗᵉˡᵗᵃˡᵉ ᵖˡˢ

booper posted: »

https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1337110894468161536 Nothing Ending confirmed. Pack it up, guys.

• For those interested, a pre-show does start at 6:30 EST (about 15 mins from now)

There probably won't be that much happening there but if you are interested be sure to check it out.

I still need a minute to recover from knowing Bigby isnt going to open a door and ask if its me again tonight.

• edited December 2020

This Devolver Digital presentation is priceless :joy:

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited December 2020

Devolved was kind of cringe man. But I'll remember it, which is more than I can say for most games.

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• edited December 2020

Hmm, I think I know why you posted this haha. The reaction to the winner of that award will cause quite a giggle

UPDATE: the reaction has indeed caused a bit of a giggle

lupinb0y posted: »

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Of, I predicted TLOU2 would won best action/adventure. Hope is already lost

• You're gonna be seeing this a few more times I expect lmao

Hmm, I think I know why you posted this haha. The reaction to the winner of that award will cause quite a giggle UPDATE: the reaction has indeed caused a bit of a giggle

• Funny thing is winner of the action/adventure category has gone on to win GOTY for the past three years :wink:

AronDracula posted: »

Of, I predicted TLOU2 would won best action/adventure. Hope is already lost

• I don't know how my lungs are going to cope if that happens...

lupinb0y posted: »

You're gonna be seeing this a few more times I expect lmao

• edited December 2020

Man I never really liked how award shows do some awards during a pre-show. Just like, thanks bro guess my award isn't good enough for the actual show or for me to speak lmao

• Platinum really be like let's mash our faces into a calculator to come up with a title for Nier: Replicant.

• Sounds like Sydnee was naming out a line of code from the new Nier game

• Worst name for a game I've ever heard

• The Nier one? Trust me, Yoko Taro does shit like this for a purpose constantly, lmao.

Worst name for a game I've ever heard

• Imagine being responsible for the name of your project and what you do is mash the buttons on a calculator and your boss would accept it without a single thought.

dojo32161 posted: »

The Nier one? Trust me, Yoko Taro does shit like this for a purpose constantly, lmao.

• NO ONE CARES ABOUT ESPORTS!!!!

• edited December 2020

They really making Steven A speak during the Pre-show instead of the actual show

Done dirty.

• SCREW THE DALLAS COWBOYS

• They let him do whatever.

Imagine being responsible for the name of your project and what you do is mash the buttons on a calculator and your boss would accept it without a single thought.

• Seems popular enough to have its own dedicated segment, so I'd wager there's a crowd that care

NO ONE CARES ABOUT ESPORTS!!!!

• Shame on them then. Not really

Seems popular enough to have its own dedicated segment, so I'd wager there's a crowd that care

• Honestly this event is making me appreciate the impact of video games, it's all a celebration of what brings us together, and appreciating the art and creativity that stems from them, you'll always get that vocal crowd of tosspots that cause a divide because "game doesn't suit me", but they are irrelevant. What matters is what these games can do and the joy they can bring, they emotion they bring out, while I said last week that the attitudes of some make me embarrassed to be someone who consumes entertainment, there's a larger crowd that makes me proud :smile:

• Did not expect Final Fantasy for Smash! (oof another swordfighter, also I don't know any FF's so I don't exactly care that much) Looks cool tho!!

• edited December 2020

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Well fuckin' deserved hot damn.

• You're unreal man :joy: I don't consume eSports, but sure let them at it rather than shame them for enjoying competitive events on their favourite games. Just chill out please :joy:

Shame on them then. Not really

• I will give props for not making me wait for Smash. I wish it was Crash, but at least I knew who Sephiroth was.

• Yeah I get smaller underappreciated awards like ESports and Music (unfortunately) get shown beforehand, but Action/Adventure was surprising! That's one of the big genres!

Man I never really liked how award shows do some awards during a pre-show. Just like, thanks bro guess my award isn't good enough for the actual show or for me to speak lmao

• I mean, I have nothing against Laura Bailey. She did a great performance but she deserved a better character than Abby.

• edited December 2020

Someone find Aron, I hope he hasn't had a heart attack.

Also cool, but dang I wanted Ashley Johnson. Abby was fine, but Ellie had a much more powerful arc and performance, IMO.
    (LOL you can hear all the celebratory texts she's getting!)

• Geoff really do be doing the "whos getting kicked from the zoom call" Battle Royal lmfao

• Read my comment again if you don't mind.

You're unreal man I don't consume eSports, but sure let them at it rather than shame them for enjoying competitive events on their favourite games. Just chill out please

• I'm trying to call Thanos to snap his finger but he is not answering.

AChicken posted: »

Someone find Aron, I hope he hasn't had a heart attack. Also cool, but dang I wanted Ashley Johnson. Abby was fine, but Ellie had a much more powerful arc and performance, IMO. (LOL you can hear all the celebratory texts she's getting!)

• Of course I don't mind! I read it three times, I'll actually quote it here

Shame on them then. Not really

Based on the comment of mine you replied to, it seems to appear you direct shame to those who enjoy eSports. The "not really" part seems to be in response to me saying there's a crowd that cares for it.

Take it easy lad and just enjoy the Awards

Read my comment again if you don't mind.

• Hey Joe, you wanna play a zombie game?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.