The Game Awards 2020 Live at 7 PM EST (Also Telltale Summoning Séance)

12346»

Comments

• SEVEN AWARDS BABEYYYY

• Congrats Naughty Dog.

• I'm InGenNateKenny, and Mass effect was my favorite reveal trailer in the Game Awards.

• @AronDracula and @dylanwoods777 bros, let's take a notch, eh? No need for hostility and such. Agree to disagree and move on...for me? :)

• Among Us won more Awards than Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

Hell yes more Indie recognition boyyyyys

• I'll drop it but sure it's just a nasty thing to say in a joking manner, nothing much to laugh about when there's people across the world who feel that's their only way out, I've known people who've felt that way and succeeded with it, I've felt that way too. This is all getting a bit personal, but it's personal to plenty of people who lost loved ones because of it, so all I was looking for was a hint of respect towards it

@AronDracula and @dylanwoods777 bros, let's take a notch, eh? No need for hostility and such. Agree to disagree and move on...for me?

• edited December 2020

OMFGGGGGGGGG!!!! OH PLS BE F**KIN GOOD!!!! i loved the franchise aldo the only thing I saw in the game awards and made me happy to feel like a gamer.

• This show was a complete waste of time. Easily the worst compared to last years. An Elden Ring trailer could have saved it but nothing.

• edited December 2020

Woooooooow, toooooootally shocked with this one, that completely caught me off guard. Absolutely no one predicted that.

I'm sorry, but TLOU II didn't deserve it. It's a 6/10 game, at best, and I'm pushing it at that. If you liked it, great, more power to you. But it's numerous flaws in storytelling, writing, and direction are way too much for me to ignore, and it didn't deserve half the awards it "won." It won because TLOU is one of the greatest games of all time and coasted on its popularity, that's it. And these journalists and reviewers need to understand, that just because of something is bold, risk taking, and "subverts our expectations," it doesn't make it good, those risks have to pay off and be earned, and it's what TLOU II fundamentally lacked. They also need to learn that people disagreeing with their almighty opinions and wise judgment are not inferior or dimwitted, they need to get off their elitist high horse.

Though, of course, I say this in certain places, I'm automatically labeled a sexist/bigot/transphobic/homophobic incel, even though none of my criticisms ever pertain to anything in regards to these factors. I'm just tired of the dick sucking for what is an average to mediocre game that will be forgotten by this time next year, while the original will live on for generations to come. So I'm glad this year's awards have now come and gone so this can be put to bed. And with that, I'm officially moving on and done with this game. Honestly, if there's a TLOU III, I'm probably skipping it, because the treatment that people have gotten for not praising the damn ground Druckmann walks and just casting off any fair minded criticisms as intolerance, it boils me. So you're right @dylanwoods777, gamers really aren't the best type of people, but it ain't just one side that's guilty of this. As much as you want to criticize the "go woke, go broke" crowd, the opposite is just as guilty of the division and toxicity, and the actions of both fuel each other.

• edited December 2020

Same lol but, at least I got something out of it. Mass effect is back...oh pls dear God let it be good! That trailer was amazing!!!!! IDC who you are that brought back memories

AronDracula posted: »

This show was a complete waste of time. Easily the worst compared to last years. An Elden Ring trailer could have saved it but nothing.

• Overall pretty solid but I would say it was kinda weak. (Yes I know this conflicts)

I would imagine being remote kinda made it feel a bit toned down, I mean a lot of the people who won were just sitting in an empty room and now had to just say they won, so overall lively-ness was a bit lower. Personally not a lot of the nominees I can say really blew my socks off as a definitive game this year. This year in general was pretty good for gaming but I honestly cant say there was some massive stand outs. Some of the announcement's were pretty cool but nothing there that I personally found to be super interesting.

Also I agree with InGen. This is an award show so how about we don't have 2 extremes about the result just in general. There is nothing more toxic or annoying than someone who revels in victory or someone who pouts in loss over something that, realistically, has no affect on your life in anyway shape or form.

• I hope i don’t come off condescending but i don’t get why you guys tune in to the VGAs. It’s always just a 3 hour advertisement. i stopped watching 2 years ago aside from wolf 2

• It’s always just a 3 hour advertisement.

That's the reason

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

I hope i don’t come off condescending but i don’t get why you guys tune in to the VGAs. It’s always just a 3 hour advertisement. i stopped watching 2 years ago aside from wolf 2

• edited December 2020

Yeah, I'm honestly leaning towards your stance more and more. I've been pretty much just watching for the game announcements, but even that's been lacking I feel the last couple of years. I don't know if it's just because I'm getting older, I don't have as much time on my hands, or what, but nothing "wow's" me. And the games that would have, God of War or Horizon: Forbidden West, weren't shown at all. Even the Mass Effect didn't excite me because we already knew that was coming, it was announced a few weeks ago. If this was the first time it was announced, I would have been excited and blown away, and I've never played the original trilogy (looking forward to the remaster though and will pick that up). In all likelihood, I'm skipping next year, it just doesn't seem to be worth my time and the quality just feels like it's going down. Plus, the winners just seem so obvious now, this year was the best example.

I hope i don’t come off condescending but i don’t get why you guys tune in to the VGAs. It’s always just a 3 hour advertisement. i stopped watching 2 years ago aside from wolf 2

• Exactly and TLOU 2 shouldn't have not won GOTY and it should of been Ghost of Tsushima and that was why I don't think it of won. Also i think the TLOU community is divided on this game and a part 3 ain't gonna fix it

Woooooooow, toooooootally shocked with this one, that completely caught me off guard. Absolutely no one predicted that. I'm sorry, but TL

• Same it feels just not good to watch. Which is why I only wait for only trailers to come out

• edited December 2020

TLOU 2 shouldn't have not won GOTY

Double negatives are fun. You just said you do want TLOU to win GOTY hehe :blush:

a part 3 ain't gonna fix it

Yep, I feel like the fans who were burned by the latest game are definitely not coming back for a third one.
    I just hope Naughty Dog doesn't burn even more bridges with the inevitable third game.

strwar3 posted: »

Exactly and TLOU 2 shouldn't have not won GOTY and it should of been Ghost of Tsushima and that was why I don't think it of won. Also i think the TLOU community is divided on this game and a part 3 ain't gonna fix it

• edited December 2020

I am officially done with TLOU franchise. I am never gonna look forward to TLOU Part 3 because there is absolutely nothing to look forward to and the fanbase completely ruined it. The HBO show isn't going to do anything because it's an obvious cash grab. Re-telling the same storyline with different actors. WHO ASKED FOR THAT?

Every time I say shit about the game, I always happen to hear "You didn't like it because you didn't understand the story" "It wasn't meant to be a satisfying plot" "You are a bigot/sexist/homophobic" "You only hate this game because Joel died". The fans are the ones who don't fucking understand where the non-fans are coming from. The story is mediocre, it may have taken some risks but that doesn't mean it worked. The characters were boring, the old characters were acting out-of-character and the new side characters were forgettable. Ellie is no longer a fan favorite (To me at least) because she made a lot of unreasonable decisions and I never gave a damn about Abby and her stupid shenanigans.

If the story is just not fun to enjoy (Considering it's meant to be story-driven), what is the goddamn point? It's not just the story but the gameplay is so repetitive. I couldn't finish the new game plus because I kept doing the same thing over and over. Human kills, infected kills, stealth kills and pew pew pew. Why this game is 25 hours long is beyond me. There were so many chapters that didn't have a reason to exist other than unnecessarily extending the gameplay sequences.

I could say a lot but I am tired and I don't wanna turn this into a Rant thread. It's just sad and nobody can convince me that 2020 isn't the worst year ever existed.

• It's just sad and nobody can convince me that 2020 isn't the worst year ever existed.

well for starters numbers have no inherent meaning other than the arbitrary meaning we assign to it as humans, 2020 isnt any worse of a year than 2016 or 2001 or 1921 or 1944. numbers don't mean anything and years dont mean anything and just because bad things are happening to americans this year doesn't mean other countries haven't had it worse than us previous years. it really is just a personal bias we have as we assign meaning to things that don't matter. like nobody bothered to tell anybody that during the y2k craze. honestly if we woke up tomorrow and all decided it was 2034 then nobody would care and it wouldn't change anything.

also honestly i'd count my blessings if one of the worst things that happened to me in a year was a game i didn't like winning an award i didn't agree with it winning. at the end of the day it's just a video game and silly awards show that honestly means nothing in the long run. the awards don't give it any more recognition or validation, it's just a little statue that says "good job, you did a thing". i think you need to genuinely re-evaluate some things if you get this pressed about other people enjoying something you don't like. drink some herbal teas, smoke some weed. you're a young dude that's probably got a lot of emotional drama on your plate, man. life's too short to stress yourself out over whether or not a game about zombies won a lame statue. just do things you enjoy and stop freaking out every time anybody has a positive thing to say about the game. just move on and focus on the things you love that do deserve your praise and time.

I am officially done with TLOU franchise. I am never gonna look forward to TLOU Part 3 because there is absolutely nothing to look forward t

• Yep yep this guy ^^^

And yeah, let's cool it with the teasing, whether you're for or against whatever thing may have won/lost whatever award.
    This isn't any different from any other year where you may or may not agree with the "official" ceremony and panel of judges. Let people like or hate what they want, ya know?

While we're still on the topic of the Game Awards, just want to mention a few things.

• Again, I hate how the show seems to be less about the awards each year. So many awards tonight were dispatched within 10 seconds, with no comment or acknowledgement of the people that award is for.
    • On that note, the show seems to be more like The Super Bowl now, in that it's way more about the ads than it is about the event itself.
    • The ads are nice, but there is just way too much. We don't need a 3-hour show. I can remember only snippets of moments throughout the night, and that's because a lot of the content just seemed very similar overall. Dark, mature AAA titles with some big-looking marketing budgets. Some of the titles that don't fit in this category I remember more distinctly, but I'm going to have to look up a list of announcements tomorrow and that shouldn't happen.
  • NOW HOLD ON A SECOND

first contact war game???

OMFGGGGGGGGG!!!! OH PLS BE F**KIN GOOD!!!! i loved the franchise aldo the only thing I saw in the game awards and made me happy to feel like a gamer.

• Really surprised Ashley Johnson didn't win, definitely thought she deserved it.

• edited December 2020

The only awards that was earned for TLOU2 are Laura Bailey's performance and the accessibilities. The rest is bullshit.

• edited December 2020

Laura Bailey's performance and the accessibilities. The rest is bullshit.

Exactly Laura Bailey is alright. She getting a award. I am okay with tbh. Everything else? PURE BS!!!

The only awards that was earned for TLOU2 are Laura Bailey's performance and the accessibilities. The rest is bullshit.

• I heard that Cyberpunk 2077 is having a rough launch. I am really sorry it turned out this way. I hope the game gets fixed soon. It seems that CD Project screwed themselves.

Laura Bailey's performance and the accessibilities. The rest is bullshit. Exactly Laura Bailey is alright. She getting a award. I am okay with tbh. Everything else? PURE BS!!!

• Especially when you run it on last gen. Like i sure CD project Red will fix the bugs and other things and definitely free doc and other dlc stuff like maybe story or side missions? Either way k am enjoying it. Just need those big fixes and yes CD project Red did screw themselves here.

But,hey? At least Mass effect is back and it seems more focused on Mass Effect 3 story. Looks like a continuation to it. So there's that. Also I was looking forward to the wolf among us S2 trailer. Unfortunately we have to wait. Ugh

I heard that Cyberpunk 2077 is having a rough launch. I am really sorry it turned out this way. I hope the game gets fixed soon. It seems that CD Project screwed themselves.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.