The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Never played Hades, know if it's any good?

lupinb0y posted: »

Honestly this years nominees are pretty stacked with TLoU2, Tsushima, Doom and Hades. I'd personally find it hard to be mad no matter which

• Is there a countdown to the Game Awards? I have no idea what time it starts where I'm from.

• Never heard of this term before

That's because I just made it up! :joy:

I'm sure some did, but I at least recognize it as a small, more than likely inconsequential minority. What I hate is people generalizing a s

• I know the pre-show with a few reveals is gonna start at 6:30 ET on Thursday.
    No idea how that translates to your timezone.

Is there a countdown to the Game Awards? I have no idea what time it starts where I'm from.

• Game Awards starts at 6:30 pm EST/3:30 pm PST in the US. I know you're not from the US, but I'm sure if you Google what time that would be based on one of these time zones, you'll be get an answer.

Is there a countdown to the Game Awards? I have no idea what time it starts where I'm from.

• You know, I missed that part in your comment when you said that, that's what I get for speed reading, my bad.

AChicken posted: »

Never heard of this term before That's because I just made it up!

• edited December 2020

Everyone is talking about the whole war between Ghost of Tsushima and The Last of Us Part 2 for GOTY while I'm just sitting in a corner feeling legitimately sad that Demon's Souls Remake did not get a single nomination (Even though I still have yet to play it).

• edited December 2020

Haven't played it myself but I know a lot of people who absolutely love it. Even people who normally aren't a fan of rogue-likes are really into it.

Never played Hades, know if it's any good?

• Hm, might have to check it out more and see what it's about.

Haven't played it myself but I know a lot of people who absolutely love it. Even people who normally aren't a fan of rogue-likes are really into it.

• Not a single one? That's disappointing. I've heard a lot of good things about the remake. And it definitely looks really good.

AronDracula posted: »

Everyone is talking about the whole war between Ghost of Tsushima and The Last of Us Part 2 for GOTY while I'm just sitting in a corner feel

• [whispers]
    hey. remember to delete the "mobile." part of the twitter link to make it embed.

Halo Infinite will release in Autumn 2021! https://twitter.com/Halo/status/1336456344690417665 https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/inside-infinite-december-2020

• edited December 2020

Just a PSA that Winter is the absolute best time to wear a mask, since 1. It'll help prevent you from infecting others with germs and vice-versa, and 2. it helps keep your face warm outside (at least the bottom half), just by breathing!
    Why don't we do this more often? My face has never felt so grateful!

• edited December 2020

I just had written up a comment regarding this situation and was about to hit post, when I decided to scroll up since I thought I saw someone mention some Cyberpunk 2077 controversy. Yep. This topic's already underway, it seems.

Can we just Thanos-snap half of all Gamers now? I feel like this behaviour has been getting worse and worse over the years, and now it's gone from Death threats to Near-death experiences.

EDIT: Dear god, I just read through a whole annoying comment chain on that GI Epilepsy article. Some guy was trying to argue that the writer was at fault for willingly subjecting herself to a medium known to cause epileptic events... and it just snowballed from there to some superiority complex and thinking other people are white-knighting for the writer. Fuck off with that, I've seen enough.

https://twitter.com/DirtyEffinHippy/status/1336204870970433536

• Haha cheers man, I've fixed that now

[whispers] hey. remember to delete the "mobile." part of the twitter link to make it embed.

• edited December 2020

I went back and read a bunch of old "gamer" webcomics from the mid to late 00's out of curiousity because I remember being pretty into a few of them. They are all pure agony to read and pretty much all of them have not aged well at all. This truly was a horrible time to be alive.

• I dunno about you but I enjoyed watching Gamespot's review on Cyberpunk 2077 because of how BAD the review was. That review was completely garbage but at the same time, CD fanbase shouldn't go very far with death threats because the game is not perfect and it's not going to appeal for the whole world. I think the 91 critic score on Metacritic is fairly put.

• What was so bad about it?

I dunno about you but I enjoyed watching Gamespot's review on Cyberpunk 2077 because of how BAD the review was. That review was completely g

• You aren't aware of Gamespot getting shit from CD fans because of their review? From what I have heard, the host didn't seem to appreciate the RPG mechanics, even though that is exactly what everyone expected from this game, because "what's the point?", she asked. Not to mention this is the same reviewer who created the infamous meme "Too much water".

What was so bad about it?

• edited December 2020

I read the review and she praises the flexibility of the RPG skill tree and gameplay as well as the many side missions, activities and characters but criticises that many of those elements don't really end up amounting to anything meaningful at the end as the game seemed to railroad her into a specific route that didn't match the kind of character she was playing as throughout the game. Also the game is buggy af, which is something a lot of other critics have said.

I don't know, I think that that seems pretty fair if that's what she got out of it . A lot of the "outrage" I see feels more like she dared to give the game a 7, which is still a good score.

You aren't aware of Gamespot getting shit from CD fans because of their review? From what I have heard, the host didn't seem to appreciate t

• edited December 2020

The only iffy thing about the review for me was that she didn't finish the game. Other than that people are being mental. Not quite as mental as the people trying to actually kill someone by sending a article writer clickbait epileptic videos because she dare point out the game can cause seizures. Gamers are freaks.

I read the review and she praises the flexibility of the RPG skill tree and gameplay as well as the many side missions, activities and chara

• Honestly, gamers only look at the almighty number in a game review and blindly go frothing at the mouths from there.

The only iffy thing about the review for me was that she didn't finish the game. Other than that people are being mental. Not quite as menta

• edited December 2020

Did she not? In the review she mentions a few times that she finished the game and that she was really unsatisfied with the way the main story ended for her.

The only iffy thing about the review for me was that she didn't finish the game. Other than that people are being mental. Not quite as menta

• In related news, Cyberpunk now has a proper seizure warning that'll appear at the start of the game. The author, Liana Ruppert, of the original PSA on Game Informer has since been contacted by a number of major AAA studios telling her that they'll be re-evaluating their development process to be more inclusive to those with neurological disabilities thanks to her article.

• edited December 2020

Cyberpunk now has a proper seizure warning that'll appear at the start of the game

Y'know, it does strike me as a odd that (given that it's still in the game) no one at CDPR thought "Maybe we shouldn't include multiple sequences based on a device that's literally meant to cause seizures" or at least include a warning about this on top of it. Plenty of games include warnings about an Epilepsy/Seizure risk front-and-center upon boot up, but these guys thought just sticking it in the EULA was a good alternative? Yikes. Glad that's sorted out before release.

In related news, Cyberpunk now has a proper seizure warning that'll appear at the start of the game. The author, Liana Ruppert, of the origi

• Yeah it just seems like a really weird case of incompetence on their part.

Cyberpunk now has a proper seizure warning that'll appear at the start of the game Y'know, it does strike me as a odd that (given th

• So I've got back into Rocket League, it's pretty fun, if anyone here wants to add me and play some games through crossplay, here's my Epic Games username: DylanWoodzie

I'm not exactly a Cristiano Ronaldo of Rocket League, but I'm pretty damn close :wink: just kidding, I'm bang average, but if that's good enough for you, give us an add peoples :smile:

• Did they seriously invite Stephen A. Smith, one of the biggest blowhards in sports media, to present an award? Laughable.

• I think that's what they were going for, to have a bit of a fun with a pundit like Stephen who is on the receiving end of memes aplenty

Did they seriously invite Stephen A. Smith, one of the biggest blowhards in sports media, to present an award? Laughable.

• The guy is a tool and an idiot, who thinks shouting more makes him right. Can’t stand listening to this prick.

I think that's what they were going for, to have a bit of a fun with a pundit like Stephen who is on the receiving end of memes aplenty

• Haha, he's good fun though we can't deny that

The guy is a tool and an idiot, who thinks shouting more makes him right. Can’t stand listening to this prick.

• I wish that Ark 2 thing was a Turok reboot starring Vin Diesel.

• edited December 2020

Just announced: Pixar is making a full-fledged cinematic epic on Buzz Lightyear's TV Origins. Meet the (fictional) man that inspired a (fictional) toy.

Lightyear will be voiced by Chris Evans.

(And by the way... Disney isn't done with their "Premier Access" service yet, unfortunately. It's been announced that Raya and the Last Dragon will be premiering in theatres and on Disney Premier Access on March 5.
    Damnit. I was hoping the recent HBOxWB theatres/streaming deal would have prompted them to do the same.)

what happened to black widowwww

• I hope they take some inspiration from the Star Command tv show. I remember really enjoying that as a kid, so it'd be neat to see some of those characters making an appearance.

Disney isn't done with their "Premier Access" service yet, unfortunately. It's been announced that Raya and the Last Dragon will be premiering in theatres and on Disney Premier Access on March 5.

That's weird since they're not doing the premiere thing for Soul. I guess if the price isn't 30 fuckin' US dollars it wouldn't be so bad but that still blows.

Just announced: Pixar is making a full-fledged cinematic epic on Buzz Lightyear's TV Origins. Meet the (fictional) man that inspired a (fict

• The HBOxWB has been bashed pretty hard by a lot of the directors and fans around the world. A lot of people sigh in relief that Disney doesn't follow that and sticks to cinema. Tbh if they hadn't it would probably have been the end of cinemas to have the 2 biggest money makers bow out and hand the movie out for no extra pay on a streaming service the same day it releases in theatres.

Just announced: Pixar is making a full-fledged cinematic epic on Buzz Lightyear's TV Origins. Meet the (fictional) man that inspired a (fict

• edited December 2020

The HBOxWB has been bashed pretty hard by a lot of the directors and fans around the world. A lot of people sigh in relief that Disney doesn't follow that and sticks to cinema.

Lol I got the exact opposite reaction, aside from certain directors anyway who can all go eat it. I've seen a ton of people praising WB for doing it and criticising Disney for not doing the same.

I'm on the side of just releasing them simultaneously. If someone lives in an area that allows them to safely go to the theatres then sure, but unfortunately there are still many places, including my country that makes it very hard to go to the theatres without risk.

captainivy1 posted: »

The HBOxWB has been bashed pretty hard by a lot of the directors and fans around the world. A lot of people sigh in relief that Disney doesn

• edited December 2020

Tbh if they hadn't it would probably have been the end of cinemas to have the 2 biggest money makers bow out

I love going to movie theaters, I love the experience, I love the popcorn, I love almost everything about it. But if this is going to be the end of cinemas, I say good. And I don't just mean so long as COVID is here, I'm talking about forever.

Austrian economist Joseph Schumpeter is credited with coining the term Creative Destruction. He describes it as the "process of industrial mutation that continuously revolutionizes the economic structure from within, incessantly destroying the old one, incessantly creating a new one." Basically, as new and innovative ways are created and brought about, making lives for the consumer better, it tears down the old ways of doing things and makes them obsolete. This results in freeing up previously used resources and enabling them to be used and distributed more effectively throughout the economy. Creative destruction is meant to be a disruptive process, it's meant to turn the old way of doing things on its head as new and improved methods are derived and rolled out. Capitalism thrives, and thus the consumer, when innovators and entrepreneurs dismantle the old system and replace it with something new that fulfills a need or want we didn't know we wanted. It creates more economic growth, even if it comes at a short term economic cost.

So even if I like movie theaters and it will be sad to see them go, from an economic standpoint, I eagerly await their demise. Streaming services are the future, and at some point, something will come along that will disrupt them. Netflix and streaming services ultimately destroyed Blockbuster, a movie rental business that was considered irreplaceable. You wouldn't find a single person that says their lives are worse off because of this, despite the fact that they may have grown up renting stuff from Blockbuster all the time. I know I did, but if I had a choice between that and Netflix, I'm picking Netflix every single time. So if you ask me, Disney's decision is foolish, the time of movie theaters is over and it's time to experiment and see what new ways of consuming media entrepreneurs can come up with. Or, an alternative, movie theaters will have to find another way of competing if they intend to stay in business. New ways to satisfy and please us as consumers, and if they do, then again, we benefit from a better service provided. If they can't, then we still benefit as we let all of these streaming services compete against one another.

The HBOxWB has been bashed pretty hard by a lot of the directors and fans around the world. A lot of people sigh in relief that Disney doesn

• Posting this here as it'll get more attention here than in the Wolf section of the forums,probably.

A great video once again and what looks to be the last cut content video he will make on this channel,i recommend any Wolf fans to see it.

• If Disney did do the same thing, it would probably mean the end to many theatres across the US, sure.

However, given that (at the moment) Covid cases just seem to be getting worse and worse and the US is somehow setting new records every day, theatre-going really shouldn't be people's priority.
    It's kind of a bad look on director's and producer's parts to say they'd rather have their fans risk their lives going to a movie theatre than watch it in the safety of their own home.

And I get that theatres have new social distancing rules and all that, but... That's not entirely foolproof against the virus.

• I did it!!!! I platinumed Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin. That was such a pain in the ass, not because the game was hard but I had to rank my character in certain covenants in order to receive some items for my collection. Praise the goddamn sun!!!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.